(2004/06) June/July 2004 Babies

Pigletz
Where do you send Gareth for swimming lesson? Is it once a week? How much is the charge?

Viv
Birth rate for 2004 is low. Wish u gd luck
Do you outgrow allergy to grass? Do you go to park?
Because of Chen Chen, we didn't bring Png Png to sea side. Png Png has not experienced sea waves and sand so far.

B2B3M4
" get worried that there will be no one to oversee her homework and no restriction of TV" that's my worry as well for leaving Chen Chen at my parents' place I thot by sending Chen Chen to BASC, he will come home with homework done and no TV battle wif my parents.
I visited 2 BASC, they have TV in the BASC. 1 of them that I visited does not remove my worries The caretaker there look very aunty, give me a feeling like having an aunty to see (physically see) the kids do homework. And , there are TVs upstairs, downstairs. 95% of the kids lied dwn on the flr to watch TV when I visited the plc. The person who spoke to me claim that they r v hot, hv to book early n no deposit required as there is always a long wait list. The other one that I visited has TV though was not on at the time I visited the plc. The caretaker looks like the type who can guide the kids with homework. U really hv to visit the BASC to see it yourself. BTW, I visited the plc during school holiday when the kids were in . Another thing I don't like is the place is very cramp. Can lead to claustrophobia

viv,
I think u need to go visit to determine if it's good. My friend recommended one in sengkang which he place his son there. seems good, but then, i don't want Gareth to study in sengkang. hehe

Koala,
Gareth taking swimming at queenstown. Once a week and it's $50.

If you interested in letting Chen Chen study in sengkang, you might want to take metta, my friend say quite good.

pigletz,
can u share where's the location of Metta student care? i can't seem to be able to locate it. Only found the one in Pasir Ris.

B2,
Sorry for the late reply.

Confirm with my friend, it's Dexus Student Care Centre (Sengkang Branch). You can go check it out.
happy.gif

Ava, me me... I still haven make up my mind although I've complete my PV at one sch.
sad.gif

Not sure if I aged or what, seem so diff to make decision nowadays. Sigh...

Emily, I usu just buy cake to the kids' sch and prepare goody bags for the kids. Then ano cake for close family, that's all.

Hey how's everyone? Forum much quieter than before... Guess all busy with work, pri school registration and multiple kids for most of us. We decided on tanjong katong primary in the end... Now looking for a place in the neighborhood for when we move mid next year!

Anyone still meets up for lunch in raffles place area??

stressma, yup, managed to get a place at WG. How abt Jovan?

Ava, hi hi... guess everyone is busy and seldom come into forum anymore. How are you with 3 kids?
happy.gif

koala, Bboomer,
Yep, Ashley's Chinese will be 1st lang next year. Her childcare teacher is very confident that she will have no problems but i have my doubts.

Hi Koala,
Ch is first lang in all these SEED schools uptil pri 4/5. After which, you can opt to take PSLE Ch Higher or regular Chinese.

My son's word recognition is ok. Expressive could be a lot better, but ours is more an English speaking environment. Trying to help. Classes at Hua, reading/speaking Chinese at home. They watch cartoons in Mandarin too. ;P Helps too that school is more the PCF type, a lot of worksheets. A lot depends on the child i think. Some just mature faster.

Think if yours is an English speaking environment and you are worried abt kids coping like me, have to remember to take things into perspective. Generally Ch std in S'pore is really quite mediocre. So if your kid has chance to go to Ch First Lg school, shud emerge pretty good in Chinese in comparison ;P. I tell my boy by the end of P6, his Chinese shud be better than mine!! Went to his school... hall plastered with Chinese slogans, notices to parents always include Chinese version...

How to know if Chinese is 1st lang in that pr school?

My son doesn't seem interested in Chinese. I wanted to send him to Chinese enrichment class he said he doesn't want. And my hubby oso against the idea. He prefers to send my son to swimming lesson, in line skating, more physical kind. He said I send my son to too many enrichment classes. In fact only 1 Eng enrichment class on our own. He joins Eng speech n drama, Abacus enrichment classes in cc That's all

Hi Koala,
Just call up the sch and ask? Or check MOE website.

My kid is also more physical so i put him in swimming. Thinking of wushu next year. He has been taking piano for almost 2 years but I dont intend for him to continue. Dont want to go through enrichment activity exams wif him! As if P1 homework not enof ;P. Only tuition is Chinese. Teach Eng and Maths myself coz i SAHM.

Hi..I am a single mum of 2 gals age 4 & 6. Residing in Tampines St 32. One is studying in Pri 1 @ Qiaonan Primary School while the other is in Cherie Hearts Nursery Level. I am working full time as a CSO & doing my own part time Home Massage for Ladies only. Do support me or call me at 83758056 for more queries on my massage. Thanks lovely ladies!!!

Mom2nat
Yeh, all the boys n girls in this thread look so different, grow up liao. It wz like y'dy when they were bb in our arms

Parents have fun too snapping non stop like paparazzi

Back