2 year old bullied by classmate

bbanna

Hi parents,

what will u do if your child tells you some 1 beat her in school more than once?

recently since my gal go to N1 this Jan. she told me 2 times the same girl in her class beat her. 1st time on the left body, 2nd time on her head and belly.

For the 1st time, I asked the teacher and she actually awared of that, she told me she stopped and scolded the girl. The 2nd time, which was last friday. As I understand from the main teacher, she was not awared, and another teacher was not in yet when I sent her this morning.

what will u do? basically her current N1 class only have 5 chidren now. both teachers are temporiarly assigned and one is going to leave at end of this month... althought 2 yr old may not cause much serious physical injury but I just worry this behavior can be a flu and everyone learn to beat ppl from each other. .ofcos I also want to prevent that gal from beating my daughter, will u request teacher to do anything? what can be the punishment of a 2 yr old? should i ask teacher to inform the parent?

yes,u should ask to speak to the gal's parent and face to face talk to the parent.
how can her daughter beat someone in class? how do they teach their kid??
Usually teacher will not do much because frankly speaking is not their kid. They will just entertain you by saying ok we will take action.
But in fact they will not.
Of course when we see our kid get bully or beaten up by someone, will feel angry and agitated.
Don't you??

Ofcos I'm angey, and so do my parents. But my hubby thought it's not a big deal and ask me leave it to teacher to handle.

Yesterday I found out, again the same girl scrached my daughter's leg !!
Becos normally my helper fetch my girl back. So I don't see teacher often. I wrote on the comm book demand teacher update me what is the 'punishment' for that girl. I will see what her reply and further demand to meet the girl's parents.

yes u should..
but I think teacher 's punishment also entertain parent only,

Best is you can meet up with the parent and ques them!
make sure they really discipline the kid

thanks for the advice..

U got experience talk to any parents regarding to similar matter? via school or just wait at school for the parents come to fetch and question him? according to my helper, the girl's father usually fetch the girl at 5 sth..

hi hi bbanna,
How's the scratch on your daughter's leg? Is it a deep one?
Hope she's ok and not too traumatised.

Pls keep your cool :)
of coz, it's upsetting when you find out that your precious one has been "attacked" by her classmate.
But I think as parents, we need not act out of rash....'cos the people we are dealing with are merely 2-3 years old.
Kids this young can't really reason and are really self centred. They fight if they don't get wat they want.
I tend to agree with your hubby to let the teachers handle it.
Don't go and ambush and confront that kid's parents lah....
For me, what I will do is I will let the teacher know that something like this has happened and let the teacher go and find out and report back. Can keep the principal in the loop if you want.
Then since it is not a one-off incident, to get the teacher to keep your girl away from the other child, with the reason that they don't get along.
Must also teach your girl to stay away from her attacker and be more assertive....like say loudly "Don't disturb me ah, later I tell teacher".
Just my 2 cents ;).

hi hi bbanna,
How's the scratch on your daughter's leg? Is it a deep one?
Hope she's ok and not too traumatised.

Pls keep your cool :)
of coz, it's upsetting when you find out that your precious one has been "attacked" by her classmate.
But I think as parents, we need not act out of rash....'cos the people we are dealing with are merely 2-3 years old.
Kids this young can't really reason and are really self centred. They fight if they don't get wat they want.
I tend to agree with your hubby to let the teachers handle it.
Don't go and ambush and confront that kid's parents lah....
For me, what I will do is I will let the teacher know that something like this has happened and let the teacher go and find out and report back. Can keep the principal in the loop if you want.
Then since it is not a one-off incident, to get the teacher to keep your girl away from the other child, with the reason that they don't get along.
Must also teach your girl to stay away from her attacker and be more assertive....like say loudly "Don't disturb me ah, later I tell teacher".
Just my 2 cents ;).

Hi dewberries,
thx for your advice :)
today teacher replied in comm book that she had highlighted to the girl's father for the incident and also didn't put them together for activities. she also announced in the class for misbehave child, he/she will be disallowed to play for 1 session of the day. and she also let the girl say sorry to my daughter.
hopefully the teacher did what she said and was not just entertaining me ..
so far i'm ok with the settlement since the girl's father already knew. like u said I told my daughter if the girl still come to disturb, tell teacher immediately.. right, i will thank for the teacher's update and cc the principle too.

And thank you so much for the concerns, the scratch wasn't deep. she told me not pain, and has become her happy self today.

Back