1st Tri can travel? What is the best period to Travel?

B

babytiger2010

Had 2miscarriages previously, expected #1 now. Got some travel plans on Week 13, and Maybe Week 23, Week 24 and in betweens in 2nd Tri too.

Would like to ask, which is the best week or best period to travel in pregnancy? Usually 1st Tri a bit unstable, and Week 13 is in between mark between 1st and 2nd Tri, Is it ok to travel or to Wait until like Week 15 or Week 16?

I know of a few stories baby was lost at around Week 20 to Week 24 like that due to various reasons.

I am a little Paranoid because of past history.

So would like to ask if Week 23 is it still acceptable to travel?

I know Week 28 or so, isn't advisable to travel and most planes would not allow too.

Hope to hear your 2cents worth. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Thank you.

I know that 2nd Tri is good time to travel, but around which week to which week do you think is good?

1st Tri usually your gynae will advise to minimise travel but no hard rules to say you can't as I know some mummies who were travelling when they were between 8 to 12 weeks period and everything was fine. But if you had a history of miscarriages previuosly than safe not to travel.

2nd Tri is usually the safer time to travel as you are past the crucial period of the baby's development. I myself travelled long distance when I was between 18 weeks to 24 weeks.

As for the last tri by the time you reach 32 weeks most airlines will not allow you to travel. To aleviate your fears the best person to consult will be your gynae.

my history is early losses, cant even hear heartbeat...so not sure and dun think is due to too much movement. but still thinking hard abt travelling.

Was thinking 24Weeks is it still safe to wake around with a big tummy?

Thanks for ur reply maybemummy. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I think travelling is fine. now I'm in 25weeks, I just come back from Hong Kong last week, when during cny. Think you can ask yur doc if it is safe.

thanks Bibibaba. Will ask when I see my Gynae, yet to see him.

Btw, do u have difficulty in walking when u go at 25 weeks?

Where did u go in HK?

Like disneyland or shopping or?

Hello BabyTiger2010,

I'm a March 2010 MTB.

I went Penang Free & Easy at week 25.

More of shopping and eating.

You need to take regular breaks after long hours of shopping, else the after effect is backache! Keeping yourself hydrated and finding toilets to release bladder is another challenge.

And also, be careful of what you eat lor. hee hee.

Enjoy your trip!

okie okie, thanks Lady Kirvin for the info. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I might be going slightly long distance leh...so still thinking hard. dunno.

Hi, me week 30 still went to Malaysia Kuala Lumpur and Cameron Highland, quite relax, maybe I didn't walk much lor...

Hi BabyTiger2010, I was told that 1st tri not advisable to travel. However, wk 23 should be ok, just make sure that u don't tire urself. Have plenty of fluids and lots of rest in btw. Also, if u are going long distance, have a few short walk in the plane.....

hi babytiger, i went to paris when i was 7 weeks pregnant. gynae said ok but to take things easy, keep hydrated. she advised me to wear flight socks.

it was quite tiring but since me and hubby did it on our own, we could get up whenever we want and go back to the hotel whenever we want. actual time spent sight seeing was about 3-4 hours a day, at most 5 hours because i always complained of tiredness

Thanks Jam, Jubilant & Ica.

I asked my Gynae, he say at Week 13, there is not problem. I pray hope and positive and want things to be fine. This Week 13 trip is paid for long time ago, just that date is flex, and is a coach trip, but still got to walk to sight see la.

Got 1 or 2 more short trips plan is self drive, so shld be okie and 1 Free & Easy longer trip plan for around week 23. That one shld be to Greece Turkey Eygpt....

Jubilant. Thanks. Because hubby is free and available at those few dates. So yar....

Im at my 25weeks nw. Will be flyin to BKK at e end of e mth, by den I wld b abt 29 weeks le..I will stil be gg cos my gynae mentioned tt Im safe to travel and I will get him to write me a letter incase needed.

Hmm..so far, everyting is fine for me...juz tt i felt tired easily and ya, I agree tt I will need breaks in between. Will take gd care of myself. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

For my first pregnancy, I went to USA when I am week 16. For my second pregnancy, I went China when I am week 13.

I think it is alright to travel in the 2nd trimester. In fact I enjoyed my USA trip as I find it relaxing and stress free from work. But the long hrs of flight is tiring.

Dear All

FYI.

I book my korea trip before i know i am preggy and i went korea when i am 10 to 11th weeks where most elderly will ask you not to travel. But my doctor say its ok.

I avoided carrying the luggages and the snow ski, the hot sping portion.

But of course, you must be feeling ok to travel, i remember one of the day i feel dizzy and i had to rest on the bus while the tour group went on shopping. Of course need not to say my morning sickness was quite ok and only like vomited once during the whole trip.

Since then, i had travel to KL and genting on 12th and 14th week. My hubby drove up so its quite relax for me. He know i am stress so wanted me to take a break so he handle me with care and we drove slowly and enjoy ourselves

for 2nd trim - its more like honeymoon period and your morning sickness will tend to goes off and your risk of miscarriage will be reduce greatly. So if planning for last honeymoon trip with your hubby, i would say go during the 2nd tri.

FYI - the airport personnel has the right to stop you from boarding / checking in any flight if you are more than 26 weeks (some times although you are not 26 weeks, stomach bigger they might stop you [ much of it depend on the airport personnel]). Best is to ask your gyane to wtite a letter that you are safe to travel.

My cousin was rejected to travel on her 24th weeks as her stomach was very big even though she is only flying to jakarta which is only 40 minutes flight.

Hope this will help you

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

tazNpooh

Usually they count your tri by weeks

1st trim - 0 to 13 weeks

2nd trim - 14 to 27 weeks

3rd trim - 28 to 40 weeks.

a different of 1 week +/- is normal for calculation

Hi jocelyn,

thks for sharing with me. Did ur cousin get any letter frm her gynae when she flew to Jakarta?

Hello all,

I'm now 13 weeks preg and I've been traveling quit often..

on my 5th - 6th weeks went to HK (the trip was booked before I know i was preg)

on my 13 week - just came back from Genting yesterday

on my 15 week - will be going to Aust for 2 weeks

on my 17 week - might be going to HK for 2 weeks

will stop traveling after that.. my friend keep nagging that I'm traveling too much...

hi is it safe to go through those scanning at airport ?

and after the scanning, the staff will use something to scan your body to see if there is any metal ?

will there be pressure when taking off and landing ?

thanks

I only travel for my 2nd pregnancy which is after 4 months old..wait for foteu to be more stable...

Dare not travel for my 1st pregnancy..

guess is first time being mummy, wanted everything goes smoothly and safe ba

Back