1st month celebration - Suggestion on venue outside home

I did for my boy at hongkong cafe at yew tee point,free booking of space. Juz order their ala cart menu,no buffet. I had sweetestmoments cupcakes as cake,veri pretty n delicious.

Hi, anyone looking for baby/children photography service for your party?
happy.gif
My friend just had a first yr bday party for his son and hired a great photographer at just $50/hr. He does casual home shoot for children too. if you are interested you can send a request for quotes to [email protected]
happy.gif

Is it a must to celebrate baby first month celebration? Can we juz do away wif it? My hubby n me r thinking not to hold it but seems lik it's a norm to hold it so we donno can we do away wif it..

Durian02. First month celebration is to celebrating your baby milestone. Usually old people believe that if the baby can survive outside the womb for at least 1 month. The baby will grow up to be a healthy baby. 2nd reason is to show the new addition of family to the world. Usually many will be the first time for them to see the baby since she or he born.

Nowdays people make away just to give cake voucher without celebration. Which defeat the purpose. I m guessing the meaning got lost along the way
happy.gif
my time it is normal to give 1 full chicken to relatives and neighbours lol. There is a meaning for it. But I forgot liao.

Buy if financial reason is the cause. Then I suggest dont do it. Or you can do small celebration at home for immediate family.

I juz did my baby full mth celebration at Hotel Jen Tanglin (former Traders hotel) at their Temasek rooms, had about 120 guests including kids. Is a buffet lunch from 12nn to 3pm, 28 courses of buffet which Include red eggs and ang ku Kueh, free flow of drinks. Food is great, done by their banquet team, not by their F&B dept. I took Temasek room 1-3 and the whole area is exclusive to us, love the reception area where the buffet is, had plenty of sofas and guests is able to relax and seated too. I had 10 round tables and still have an area which I used it as kids corner where I set up a candy table, gift favors table, had 100pcs of helium balloons at the ceiling, and I had live popcorn and candy floss stations as well. The hotel was very detail as they had prepared cartoon movie to screen to keep the kids entertained!

I've received plenty of feedbacks from friends and relatives, praising the food, it was really a good spread.
Key question, how much this will cost. $40nett/pax. Pretty reasonable price for a hotel function room.
Good for baby shower and kids birthday party!

Pm me if need the contact of the hotel event manager. She was a great help to my party!

Back