1st BB - Feedback on diapers for new born?

Hi,

First BB on the way, and source for a suitable diaper.

Any feedbacks (good, bad) on the diapers used by mothers for their new born?

Any credible info / experience on the various brands of diapers from mothers would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

There are only a few brands in the market with NB size. But it all depends on how big or small ur baby is.

I have personally tried a few brands when my dotter was a NB:

Drypers: Suprising, it din give my dotter any rashes as what most forum mommies have said. The key is to change every 3 hrs. Do not use surface wetness as a guage. However, I din quite like the sticky tape. One year ago it's those scotch tape type. Noisy when changing.

Mamy Poko: My all time favourite. Bcos it can absorb her pee and poo... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Can last thru the nite too. The cost of MP, Huggies (purple) and

Pampers are similar. If not wrong Huggies cost price is most expensive...

Huggies (purple packaging): Quite good, can use overnight.

Pampers: I found it so so only. the one I tried is the higher range one, those that are sold in boxes... Not fantastic. Price can be similar to Mamy poko depending on the range. And the cutting is pretty big for my petite dotter.

These are some brands I tried aft my dotter is older (no longer NB):

Goon: I tried a few pcs given by a fellow mother. The surface was wet even thou the diaper was not heavy.

Pet Pet: A colleague told me it was good and cheap. But my dotter's poo keep leaking out, so X_X no no for me. Still worth trying as M size on offer, the price is abt 10cents per pc. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

NTUC: SUPER CHEAP!!! esp when on offer. Ok to use during day. Just gotta change every 3 hrs. Since it's cheap why not right? :p

Some other brands mothers like are Nepia (but if not wrong this one only M size and abv). Pet Pet is S size onwards n NTUC is M size onwards.

HOpe the above helps. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi I am using Huggies dry comfort red packing for my bb during day time.It is quite ok can use About 3 time of pee. Huggies ultra in purple packing during night time. I think Huggies ultra is best cause it is think and really dry.after my bb use it for night no more rash but quite expensive and thick .

pampers is still the best, next in mamy poko and then huggies. this is something that price correlate to quality. the rest are not so reliable. i tried most brands you can find on the supermarket shelves.

Hi

my boy been using fitti 360 from newborn to now.. they do have sizes from NB to XL.. can use overnite too as price is not as high as mamypoko or pampers..

Hi there,

my husband did a diaper test (pour 3 cups of water into diaper samples) and Huggies came up tops because it has a super absorbent gel inside which keeps baby's skin dry and the material is soft so it won't irritate the skin. Pureen leaks when full so not ideal for night use, but you can use for daytime but change every 2 hours.

HI hi

Snowger has a very detailed analysis of the diapers! hee...i agree with her!

I let my gal try most brands and i liked mamy poko best!!

To avoid diaper rash, no matter what brand, change diaper every feed, or 3,4 hrs and apply a layer of diaper cream...=)

wow tis information is definately good..tink i will consider Huggies or Mamy Poko for my Newborn coming out July...tink i heard alot of MTB give good review of Mamy Poko..

Hi LT, u shud use mamypoko for night cos the absorbency is really gd. And huggies dry comfort for day. Or u can try nepia. I found it pretty gd for both day and night. Alternatively if ure on a tighter budget, get drypers for day. It's pretty ok if ure not fussed about it but gotta be more hardworking to change bb more often.

I vote for mamypoko and huggies dry comfort.

Buy from bp's or sellers in Want To Sell. They sell dry comfort at 15.50. Pretty gd deals! After being mommy mus budget bit right? Saving a little goes a long way! i hope u find it useful!

LT,

my bb is oso due in July. We are both July mummies. My sis bought for me two packets of NB drypers - Pampers brand. Nt sure if its gd, can only try out in July. But of cos hearing e suggestions and feedbacks fr mummies here, I can go for Mamy Poko or Huggies.

hi

for fitti premium cutting is smaller.. i also tried drypers nt bad too.. so far no rash or whatsoever...

mamy poko is good but well the price is also good.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi LT,

sometimes it goes out of stock..i bought mine at hougang festival market the mega ntuc fairprice..small one prob doesnt keep stocks of it..

happyfamily01 = thanks alot..been searching for it..maybe will try those mega supermarket.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi,

I have been using Nepia for my first daughter all the way, and now starting again for my NB girl. Soft and I like the colour wet indicator, esp useful for first time parents. For NB size i think can only call for delivery. All their sizes are $15 per pack. It's free delivery anyway if you buy 4 packs and above. Some NTUCs only sell size M onwards? And more expensive at $17.50 per pack, unless they have promotion, which will then be cheaper than $15 per pack. Call 62262650 for delivery. http://www.nepia.com.sg/english/index.html . They usually can deliver after 2 working days.

Interested to try reusable cloth diaper, there is a new trend as this will definitely reduce diaper rash on baby. This is not the traditional cloth diaper where you need to change with every urine. Can last for a few hours. It is easy to use and safe for baby.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/3969584.jpg]

You can find out more from www.happyheinys.com or contact me at [email protected] if you need more information on this.

Hi hi

I tried nepia. As compared to mamypoko, is thinner. Softness wise, i think is abt the same. I prefer nepia now cos it feels more breathable to the butt..but one thg is that sometimes when my gal poo or urine too much, it wld leak woah..

Hi,

for NB, how many packs of diapers do we need to prepare ?

as I understand some baby out grow the diapers quite fast.

My 5mths old baby is using Huggies Ultra. We feel this is the BEST diapers off shelf. It's super dry even when it is 'full'. My girl's bum feels dry and she doesn't have any rashes since birth till now.

We tried Pampers, Mamy Poko before.. Baby bum feels the wetness even when the diapers is not very 'full'.

Huggies Ultra is more expensive. But i guess it pays off as baby won't have diaper rash and also you dont have to change it often. My girl seldom cry due to wet diaper.

Hope this helps...

Hi hi...ive been using Sealer on my 3mth old baby and it has serve its purpose well.. I use it three hourly and change her nappy before feed..so far it works best....[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] soft and it has good absorbency... And its cheaper than some brands too...Previously, ive been using fitti, mamypoko, drypers and huggies.

I agree that mamypoko is best for night use... I use it nightly from my last feed at 9pm to her 1st feed the next morning at 4 to 5 am...and no leak and i love it..!

Fitti, i do not really like cos the cotton exterior tends to get off onto my gerl's skin and when wet, u'll feel like the cotton is on ur hand...

drypers, i don really like too cos of the sticky tape....my gerl moves alot at times during changing and it tend to get stuck on her skin and hard to take off. She cries cos some of her fine body hair also removed too...she cried...poor gerl...

huggies, it leak...for few times..mayb not suitable for my gerl...

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi,

Same as mist8q, my son is wearing manypoko at nite time. Really last till the next morning wo the nid to chg in the middle of the nite.

I have tried babyland cloth diaper (modern diaper) quite useful, prevents nappy rash and good for environement...

Currently i have a seller selling for $12 per set for 1diaper +2 insert....(but seller have min quantity, so i am looking for mummies to share with me) interested can email me at [email protected]

For cloth diaper, I used Pigeon and Anaku cloth diaper is OK for my baby .I think they are almost the same but some are smaller in size. But used from till 5 months cause after that quite difficult to even wear diapers for my baby as he will be moving here and there.

My baby is born 3.75 kgs . He wore NB for about 2 weeks only (think 2-3 packs only).

As for disposable diaper I tried the following brands:

1) Huggies ultra in purple packing: During night time. So far I think the best.

Really dry after my bb use it for night no more rash but quite expensive and thick.

Even the diaper is full of pee, it still stay dry super absorbent.

2) Mamy Poko : soft, absorbent and reasonable price. Good for day and night.

3)Pampers NB: soft, absorbent but expensive

4) Huggies dry comfort red packing: For day time. Can absorb 3 time pee and still stay dry

5) Fitti NB: OK.

6)Pampers Comfort: Cheap but only for day use.

7)Dryer (small): The sticky tape will stick on baby skin and it looks painful when I remove it.

The sound it produces when tearing the tape scared my newborn baby many times.

Not recommended for NB.

hi all, where can i buy huggies ultra(purple series) for new born? went to a few supermarkets and don't seem to find it.

TIA!

I would recommand Huggies Small size as it's cheap and also absorbent enough! No point buying newborn as ur baby will outgrow it in no time!

I used pampers for NB, when he goes to infantcare I change to petpet, then NTUC brand when his poop isnt that mushy anymore.

NTUC brand is really economic and surprisingly ok.

my baby thigh is rather big, so huggies is out, as half of his butt cheek will be exposed.

Drypers cos redness at baby thigh with the elastic band, the cutting for the thigh quite small, if buy a bigger size, the whole diaper will look so big.

I has tried almost all brands in the market, the ones above are those I find alright for my baby.

Mamy poko for new born. Bb developed bad rash even before discharging. Hospital used pampers. Once back, I changed to Mamy poko and religiously spread desitin during diaper change (at every feed). Very 'xiong' cos use up bag of diaper very fast.

DS is 3 months now. On Huggies dry during the day and MP in the night. At least Huggies dry not so 'xiong' changing every 2-4 hours.

Get my diapers from here now. Very happy with find. Any cheaper, I'll have to go to Johor to buy.

luvbabies

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/4344683.html?1283479378

MP for new born is really gd. But as new born needs to change alot rather often, MP can be rather xiong financially. I used drypers for day time, MP at night. NB size didn't last my son for than a month. But i dun like drypers cos the sticky part always stick to my son's tigh when changing and when i am trying to open the sticky side, the 'sound' is rather loud and i remember my son always get a shock!

I bought my MP from bulk purchase spree here.

I used goon. Day time ussing nappies and night time using goon.

So far my son never develope any nappy rash. There's no night change since almost 3 mths old.

You can get it from cold storage, sometimes with promo cost S$18.50/-

I've tried several, my BB is now 3months+.

Pureen (Small size): Very cheap, good for day time as I change every 3-4hrs or during every feeds..need to take note of positioning the diaper centrally or else will leak at the sides.

MamyPoko(small size):My favourite. BB used it from newborn till 2.5/3months old.

Mamypoko (medium size): My favourite.currently using this. no leaks no worries at all.

Ntuc (medium size): Currently trying it during the day as its super cheap! Good for pees during the day and have to watch the positioning again, or it leaks at the sides.

Fitti (newborn): used fr birth to abt a mth

Pampers (newborn): quite ok, used fr birth to a mth

Pampers (S size): currently using. No pbm wif it but abit ex

Drypers (S size): currently using. The s size is smaller as compare to pampers s size. Can use for day time but dun like e sticky tape cos is very annoying and too sticky to remove.

Hi mummies,

Where can i find Sealer brand diapers?

Both Sealer and Nepia have NB size?

Both okie for night use?

Hi Empress,

I think you can find sealer in sheng siong and giant if I am not wrong. Nepia can buy from NTUC, only have M & L size. For NB size, i think you can order online (Nepia website). I am not sure about sealer, but Nepia can be use for night.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

I have 2 pcs huggies ultra(purple series) for new born opened samples to give away. Anyone interested, pls pm me.

Hi does anyone know where can I find the cheapest Huggies Small (Green pack)? So far I know Fairprice costs 12.95...

Mt Alvernia where I delivered gave us a pack of Huggies for NB. Very good cut for newborns, suits their fetal position. I tried Drypers samples and it was horrible. Sticky tape wakes baby when we just wanna chk if there's pee/poo. And after one handling of baby the diaper exterior turns hairy. And of course, not absorbent, giving my DS rashes even though we change 2 diapers per feed...

I use cloth diapers bought from www.babiesgrowup

save $$ and helped in baby rashes.It's as convenient as disposables but more cost saving cow my boy is breastfed, kept poo-ing...used more than 10 disposables a day!!

Wonder why on the shelf no more Huggies ultra(purple series) for NB? My friend gave us their left over huggies ultra for NB. So good but a bit not worth cos NB pee & poo alot of times each day! Comparing huggies NB(green series), not so absorbent. Can last abt 3hrs only. Anyone using huggies S size? Any problem?

Seems mamypoko has really good reviews!

BBlin: Mamy poko is good and reasonably priced. Drypers not too good for my bb plus can be noisy when changing cos of the 'valcro', so may wake bb.

I agree Mamy Poko is value for money. The best diaper I have tried is Goo.N ( made in Japan) but its expensive. I saw Malaysia Jusco selling cheaper.

Back