18 month old - which playgroup or preschool is best?

Hi Case,

Can you elaborate more on the D'story club at pat's school. Any website ? which branch ?

Hi Purin,

Have you started at Montessori for children or still at waiting list ? where is St James ?

Hi Hoshi5,
The school's name is really "Montessori for Children".

Hi Funny,
My DS only 20 months. MFC takes in children from 30mths onwards (min ~25mths if the child is emotionally ready). So mine will be there most probably from next year onwards.

St James used to be near Holland Road. They have moved to opposite Botanical Garden.

hi avocado/funny,
here's the website "http://www.patschoolhouse.com/dstory.asp". I have signed up for the trial class at Jalan Ulu Siglap (katong). The class is 9.00 am to 10.30 am. Tomorrow will be the trial class, so will know more when i am there
happy.gif
They only told me through the phone that the class will have free play, musical lessons and introduction to phonics.. it is similar to playgroup class. BTW, the trial class is $31.50. I believe they have the playgroup for weekends at other branches too... you may want to call up the ones near to your house.

There is another one called "The montessori place" at Hougang block 806 which have weekend class from 2.30 pm to 4.00 pm. As this timing is nap time for my son, so I did not sign up. However, if you want, you may give a call to 62768200 (www.montessoriplace.com.sg).

abc, u can refer to the website as stated by case above. only certain centres have such weekend programmes.

Hi Avocado
Saw that you considering maris stella. Can i know more about this school? Is it very popular? Good curriculum?

Hi all, I am sending my 18 months to childcare soon. I am just starting to browse around. I have a few questions here...

Cambridge
Anyone heard of Cambridge? Are they good?

Childcare at north
Babycutie, are you still reading this thread? I was also considering carpe diem and little skool house at Orchid country club. How did you find carpe diem?

Montessori
Are all montessori branches more expensive than the other childcares? It seems that they have a special curriculum. Are they really better?

I was thinking if childcare is so expensive, like $742 for little skool house at orchid country club... anyone tried organising daily playgroup with mummies nearby?

Hi all

am new to this thread. I am also looking for a playgroup for my 16mths boy to attend to. I am also staying at Jurong West. Have tried Baby Jumper Gym at Bukit Batok when my boy is 13mths and find that they are not so good so stopped after the first term. Not so good cos every week they teach the same thing, not much of new things.

Saw that alot of mummies staying at Jurong West, maybe we should orgainise something to meet up and let our babies "get to know each other"
happy.gif

Pls do give your opinion on good playgroup so that i can check out and find something for my baby.

And does anyone has website or contact no. of GUG?

Hi. I am looking for playgps around yishun, chong pang area.

So far, saw apple tree and talent plus. Anyone has any comments about this 2 centres and the difference in their circiculum? Any other recommendations are good too.

Hi all, wanted to find out the rates for half day nur class( thoses 2hr type for above 18mon and half day childcare.
my side cod $320 for half day childcare (7~12)
and $375 for 10 weeks nur class( 2hr/day for 5 days)
is it exp?
for full day childcare cost $370. i don't understand why half day so exp.

can share your rate / location?
anyone know cheaper one at boon lay?
Thanks

Hi san4
My girl goes to MMI West Coast.. that is a childcare and for halfday programme they cost me a little over 700.

Full day cost about 750 +7% gst...

I am stay at home mum so no discounts

HiPA, woh. so exp.
i still can't decide whether to sent my bb to childcare. many say that it good for early leaning.

Hello mommies & daddies
My friend recently created a blog on “Child care centres in Singapore”, which she hopes to help parents make informed decision on child care and pre-school choices for their kids. The blog has a list of preschools and child care centres (CCC) in Singapore, with their contact info and parents’ comments on them. As she has just created the blog, there are no comments on the CCC yet. So she’d like to appeal to you (parents) to contribute your comments and feedback on the CCC which your child has enrolled in. Your opinion and comments would help other parents when they are looking for CCC and preschools for their child.

If your child’s CCC is not in the list, u can suggest for her to include in it.

Please help to support. Thank you very much!

hi herbal...the blog has been removed.

I'm looking for CC or playgroup in serangoon area, need recommendation if any good one in this area.

Hi

anyone put their 18mth onward bb to Q-dees CC @ yunnan walk's 3hrs flexi care programme? Hw was their programme? Do anyone know Q-dees kindergarden @ yunnan walk have pre-nursery programme?

Hi Mummies,
I am looking for a playgroup school for my son who is turning 18mths old in few days. I have tried Startots @ Strathmore Ave but they have no vacancy already. WOnder is there any other good playgroup around Queenstown area??

Try Bibinogs Play Learning at Farrer Road/ Dunean Rd. Website is www.bibinogs.com.

I started my 18 mths old son there last month in the Power Tots class and really liked it. It's small group (max 8), and they teach phonics and Mandarin in this class. I saw tots younger than my son able to say the phonetic soundings even before they could speak. it's very interesting. Tel is 64668015. They are in Serene Centre...the one with the 24 hours Macdonalds on level 1.

Hi Pattie,

I started my 18 mos old at Julia Gabriel, and while I like the school, am on the lookout for a cheaper alternative.

Appreciate it if you could share some info:

1. How many teachers in a class of 8?
2. Any sand play, water play or playground?
3. What are the fees for power tots?
4. What food do they serve during snacks?

Thanks very much.

Hi valsboys,

ur child is currently attending Julia gabriel? izzit good? wat do they do? how many times a week? can share ur views...thanks...

Hi Kim,

I like julia gabriel, my boy is 19mos and is in their mandarin playclub twice a week, 2hr per session. He started to pickup some chinese like counting 1-6 in chinese and simple words like saying his name, thank you, types of food.

They have outdoor playground, sand play, waterplay and swimming in their compound. They also encourage a pure mandarin environment even to the extent of requesting parents to communicate in mandarin to each other and the other children in the class. There's the usual, singing, storytelling thru drama (teachers act out a skit relating to the theme of the day), snack time, arts and craft.

The kids also have one to one sessions with the teacher in class when:

1. they queue for food and practise telling the teacher what they want
2. have one to one reading session
3. first 15mins of the class when they have free play, the teachers will mingle with the children.

The only grouse I have is that its pricey!!

hi valsboys,

may i know how much u paying? the class conducted at forum? my boy is currently 12 months...thinking of enroling him for the english class 1st...

Hi, its about $800+ per term, I think. Forum doesn't have sandplay or swimming (that wha they told me a the counter), so I am going to their Evans Road branch. I think thye have even better English classes as my elder boy also attended JG evans english class. The english teachers at the evans branch is always seems cheerful n enthusiastic.

Hi,
Anyone has recommendation for half day program for 18 mths old, in Pasir Ris / Tampines area?

thanks in advance

Hi there,

I am residing at Strathmore Avenue.
Has anyone enrolled your kid at Startots / Seedlings Montessori at Dawson Place ? Any comments ?

Hi mummies,

Could I have some feedback about the following too ?

1. Brainy Child Montessori
2. GUG
3. Genius Baby

hi is this thread still active.
like to get some feeback if any mummies sending their kids to playgroup or childcare for 18th mths in the west? i dont mind paying abit if got good review.
anyone?

sorry to borrow your thread

i need help badly mummies
sad.gif

i have signed up with Star Tots at woodlands Dr 75 for 2hr playgroup in Jul 2010 but i have found a fullday childcare for my son. And they cant refund me so i need to find transfer.... will tranfer at a disocunt...please help me find mummies who are interested.... details as follows :

Jul 2010 2hours 11am to 1pm playgroup at Star Tots at woodlands dr 75 for transfer

40mins social interaction/setting down/toys/fun/games
40mins lesson/handsome activities
15mins reading/games/rhymes/music

do visit their website on more
www.edufarm.com.sg/playgroup.htm

Hi Mummies,
Happy New Year to all!

I saw this new preschool called Giving Tre3 when I went to Thomson Plaza last week. I think their webpage is www.givingtre3.com. It was next to Thomson Plaza along the main road. Its a new preschool cum enrichment centre opening in Jan 2013. I decided to go drop by unannounced cos just nice my boy turning 3 next year and I want to put him in Nursery. The lady was very nice and friendly and showed me around the place.

I must say, I loved that place alot!! It was not very big with only 3 classrooms, 1 class being dedicated as a computer lab for their reading enrichment programme and 2 other classrooms. But it was very cosy! Like a home feeling. Their boss is also very sweet and she shared that she's been in the early childhood industry for more than 12 years. I don't really like those big organisations cos most of them just care about the business and making money but I could feel her passion for children even through talking to her.

They also have an outdoor area, although not very big with water and sand play. It was really nicely done up!

They also had reading enrichment and Pri Sch Preparatory programmes. Their reading enrichment programme is from Australia and its partially an online lesson. I think the name is Reading Eggs. Seems very interesting cos I went to the reading eggs website just now and the lessons were very fun. My girl quite likes to play on the computer and I think this will attract her. Besides having the online lessons, the teachers will also conduct activities in the classroom. I think will be a good balance.

They also have this Pri Sch preparatory programme that teaches grammar, maths, comprehension and creative writing to prep kids for P1. Sounds quite good too cos besides English and Maths, they also have this social and emotional learning lessons, something like learning how to listen, problem solving skills, focusing and paying attention etc. Which I feel my girl will need help in....she's quite hyper and can't really focus on a task for long.

They having opening promo now. Got waiver off registration fees and discounts too. I've decided to sign my kids up cos they have sibling discounts too.

Hi there, can I have some feedback on Thomson Tumble tots ?

My son is 14m and learning to walk, I'm keen to enrol him for the Gymbabes.
But I couldn't find any reviews about this playgroup anywhere.

Hi there, can I have some feedback on Thomson Tumble tots ?

My son is 14m and learning to walk, I'm keen to enrol him for the Gymbabes.
But I couldn't find any reviews about this playgroup anywhere.

Hi, did u enrol him for the gymbabes? i'm looking around some activity for my son, but most review is quite old

hi maybe can consider home base playgroup led by experienced preschool teacher.
home environment = less germs and virus
small class size = less picking up of bad attitude and bad habits as the teacher will be able to intervene effectively.
good start for children who wants to learn and still socialize without getting shocked in school. sounds like a good transition.
plus holistic curriculum, lots of hands on acclivities which is good for growing interest in your child and learning more effectively.

Back