18 month old - which playgroup or preschool is best?

Hi lovebb, is your colleague a qualified Kindermusik teacher? And is there a min. no. of students per class? Is your colleague particular about the location? Are you interested yourself?

I'll definitely go and ask my friend about it! She was also a former teacher!

P.S. I won't call what my girl is doing "speaking"! Like I said, it's completely random. Maybe only the "aiyah" is really saying what she means!!

Hi she is not a kindermusik teacher but the prog which i wrote b4 tat.. musicwithmummy. She went over to UK to get herself trained. She has a boy 15 mth and is using that prog on her boy too. Her boy is attending infant care which uses kindermusik too.. but she feels that her prog is better. No home materials... hehe..

She is not particular about location but hopefully accessible cos i dun drive. Yes i am interested that y i ask if u mummies interested. She need min of 4 babies.

You can check out the website for more info.

I had a quick glance through the website. You mean it's different from Kindermusik in that there are no home materials? I don't mind committing for 5 lessons and then decide whether to continue later. I've just asked my mom and she said I can use my old room (i.e. the room I stayed in before I got married and moved out). My old room is relatively big and almost empty of furniture. My parents' place is opposite thomson medical centre, about 10 mins' walk from novena mrt.

My friend, the SAHM living in a penthouse, is not interested because of the timing. She prefers weekdays. If I go and ask my other friends, what age range should I be targeting? We need to get 2 more apart from the 2 of us right?

I got one more concern - do you think my girl will suddenly fall asleep during the class?? Her nap time in the afternoon is not very regular.

I guess age group target at ard 10-18 mth will be good.

Dun worry about yr gal slping. If they r occupied she wun slp. What's more kids like music. I guess would be good if hv 3 more students.

Btw i am staying jus next to admiralty MRT. WOuld u mind travelling?

I have quite a few friends with babies of that age, I could ask them. I tell you what, I'll ask the others what is a good venue for them, ok?

I'm worried that my girl would get cranky during that time if she refuses to nap before then. But you're probably right, she likes music so that should put her in a pretty good mood. Anyway, I'll willing to give it a try. Will PM you once I find more people.

Okie.. tot somewhere near MRT would be easier as usu i am alone with my gal n i dun drive. Heehee.. u can PM me direct.

If you have any friends who are interested, also let me know ok? I think we should cap the number at 5 babies though, so the lesson won't be overly disruptive.

My parents' place is actually near Novena MRT. But maybe we can rotate - one week @ your place and one week @ mine or something like that. We can always discuss the venue later. No problem! :) PM you later.

hi, mummies here,
i m new to this forum, but i m interested in this thread. lovebb and eliora, have u found enough bb? my son is 13+ mth now and i live near toa payoh. i m interested in this music class..wanna have a try.. thanks!

sorry to add, could u pls pm me
happy.gif
thanks.

of cos selina, u can join us.

Eliora: So tat makes the 3 of us. I hv a fren interested but she cant confirm.

Mngo: u stayed in sembawang?

hi hi,

I'm interested. What time is the classes on saturday?

Am staying in sembawang area too. ;)

CC2: timing n venue not fixed yet. Got to discuss with eliora. But timing most prob be 5pm. We could actually hv class then perhaps after tat a small gathering (potluck) at whoever home.

Eliora: u there? how's the music thingy on yr side? there are few mummies who expressed interest.

Anyway for those interested in music class, pls PM me directly so that we can arrange and start the class asap.

Hi all. FOr those interested in music class, will start prob in May.

Anyway CC2 and Mngo: i hv intention to start a playgroup. Are u both interested? Intending to set up one for ppl staying north...

Hi I have asked a few friends but they haven't replied yet. Looks like we're going to have too many people! How many confirmed so far? If we have 4 babies, can we start in April?

lovebb, I'm ok with the 5pm timing and let's cap the number at 5 babies ok? Yes, potluck is a good idea but sometimes I won't be able to join you because of family dinners.

Since we're all staying in the north, we can rotate amongst each others' house (provided it's near the MRT ok?). lovebb, do you think your colleague the music teacher is ok with going to different venues each week? After we confirm the numbers, we can PM each other for details.

Confirmed Babies for Music Class
1. lovebb
2. eliora
3. selina
4. CC2 (?)

Hi,

I placed my boy in Babies Inc since he is 3mths old and so far, I have been quite pleased w their service. They offer service from 2 mths to 3yrs old only and have Kindermusik and Gymboree lessons in their program. The ratio of teacher to :
1) infant is 1:2
2) crawler is 1:3
3) toddler is 1:5

You may want to ck out their address at tanjong Katong and Bt Timah @ www.babiesinc.com.sg

Hi,

Sorry my fren say her evening is booked. She can only do it Sat morning/ aternoon (b4 3).

Eliora where do u stay?

She prefers a fix venue actually.

Morning she is looking at 10-11am kind of timing
Afternoon she is looking at 1-2 kind of timing.

Hi, Sat 10am is good for me. My girl usually naps at 11-12 noon.

I stay near Novena. My house is opposite KKH and my parents' is opposite Thomson Medical Centre. We can have the classes at either places but I prefer my parents because it's a much bigger place. (I stay in a HDB flat and my parents stay in an old private apartment - but not walk-up, don't worry.)

lovebb, is the morning slot good for you? Perhaps you can bring your girl over to my parents' after GUG? It is only 3 bus stops away with plenty of buses going there.

Hi,

Sorry to finalise, my fren mention that she may not hv time to travel. Hence she would want us to go down to her studio for class. Is that ok? Btw she will not jus be doing music, she will be using flashcard as well.

Trial: $20 (1 time only)
5 Session: $100.
Timing: 4pm at bukit merah central ( the old HDB area office there)

For mummies who dun drive (like myself), y dun we meet at redhill MRT then we share cab down?

She mention she has lots of puppets and toys and will be using them as well as flashcards.

Max: 5 more bbies including myself.

Interested:
1.Lovebb

Why does your friend keep changing her mind? And what sort of programme is she doing? Flashcard and music at the same time - is it still the Music with Mummy programme?

it is not her who keep changing her mind. Cos i dun wish to inconvenience her too cos she charging us better price than outside.

Yup it is still music with mummy but improvise everything using flashcards too.

But how come her price increased? I think if she's like that, who knows whether her price will go up again later on?? I may just go to Kindermusik which is nearer my house.

eliora: i guess if u r not comfy with her it is ok. Thanks for showing interest.

CC2: yes it will be sat at 4pm.

FYI she will be opening up a class in babies n cream in June.

Hi Lovebb,

I would like to join you for the class. However, is 4pm the only slot? It coincides with my baby's afternoon nap and dinner.

Hi lovebb, sorry, I am not joining in. The 4pm slot is also not good for me. My girl usually sleeps around that time. See you around!

Hi lovebb,

I'm interested.. But can neg the $$ with ur friend.. I got twin boys.. They're 1yr now.. & location only at almiralty?

Hi, appreciate if someone could share some comments and feedbacks on BabyPlanet Montessori @ Siglap ? Thanks !

Hi mommies...any comments on the following centres:
MMI @Kee Sun Ave
Little Skook @Frankel Ave
Brighton Montessory @Frankel Ave

Hi,

Has any mummy sent her baby/kid to Little Skoolhouse at Orchid Country Club? Their charges seemed more expensive but heard the curriculum is gd. Any comments to share?

Hi all,

Anyone has any recommendations for good playgroup or childcare in Pasir Ris area? My girl is 14 mths old and I thought of putting her at half day playgroup on weekdays. Thought she can learn more in a structured environment rather than stay with my ILs the whole day (quite boring).

If any of u have any recommendations, pls let me know. Thanks!

i would like some feedback/comments on Little Skoolhouse at Orchid Country Club too, from anyone that sends their kids there or know anyone that sends their kids there. thanks.

Hi everyone,
has anyone heard of The Little Skool-House? I think they have two centres so far. is it good?

hi,

looking for school for my toddler. any feedback on any of the following schools?

1. babies inc.
2. chiltern house
3. kinderland
4. brightstar (at suntec city)

thanks!

Hi, does anyone have comments on pat's schoolhouse? My boy is soon to be 18 mths old. I am interested in their D'Story Club (1x/week).

Deciding btn this and Julia Gabriel.

Thanks.

hi, does anyone have comment on Little fairyland and Learning vision in arthur road? I am looking to sent my little daughter there when she reach 18mths ?

hi lilipit,
after seeing ur post regarding pat's schoolhouse... i was very interested as well.. hence, i have signed up for their trial class next saturday... if okay, then i will sign up their D'story club
happy.gif

Hi! I'm staying in Jurong West and looking for a good playschool for my 19 mth old daughter. Any suggestion? I'm quite interested in those with a big playground.

hi mummies,
I am staying at Bt Timah.I am looking for:
1)weekend playgroup
2) preschool for my 30mth boy

Any recommendation?I tried GUG & they r so-so only. Hv anyone tried Julia Gabriel?

For the Pre-school,I've signed him up for St James.But oso considering Maris Stella & kinderland...reali wanna know more abt these pre-school.

hi Case,
U mean there is wkend playgroup at Pat Schoolhse?

hi mummies,
I am staying at Bt Timah.I am looking for:
1)weekend playgroup
2) preschool for my 30mth boy

Any recommendation?I tried GUG & they r so-so only. Hv anyone tried Julia Gabriel?

For the Pre-school,I've signed him up for St James.But oso considering Maris Stella & kinderland...reali wanna know more abt these pre-school.

hi Case,
U mean there is wkend playgroup at Pat Schoolhse?

Hi Avocado,
I am staying at Bt Timah too and my DS is currently 20 months.

We are with both GUG and JG for this term. Will be dropping one after this term. Frankly speaking, I find JG so so only. They don't do zoophonics and the lessons are more relaxed with story telling (through role play) and more singings. The session is 2hrs compared to GUG 1.5hrs. The first 20 - 30 mins is self play and there is another 15 mins of outdoor play. The only thing that attracts me is the session is in half English and half Mandarin, whereas for GUG only 15 - 20 mins of Mandarin for bilingual classes. Every English or Mandarin session has 2 teachers for JG.

For Pre-school, I have signed him up with Montessori for Children (as we have to do it 1 yr in advance if we want the morning session). But I know from his infant care in-charge that St. James is very popular among his peers.

By the way, where is Kinderland in our area?

Back