18 month old playgroup/childcare near Tiong Bahru area

I see...yup Forum is more convenient in terms of transport and can shop around while waiting.
Oh Edufarm! I went there before and spoke to the teacher. But in the end didnt sign up coz it starts quite late at 9.30am, so I can't send him there, and it would be quite inconvenient for my mum to fetch him there and back... Let me know how your boy likes it!!

Oink1526...yah dunno why LV so popular even though the place is so small and not cheap somemore
sad.gif
guess coz of the 'brand name' so more popular one among the rest of cc in Bukit Merah..

I had enrolled my girl for a 2-hours playgroup at Blk 129 Kim Tian Road. Name of centre is Achievia.

My girl is now 35mths old. The reason for putting her into this playgroup is to let her
get familiar with school-life without daddy mummy and grandma.

Hi chrysalis20,

for 2 hours weekday star tots playground at Edufarm located at the hoy fatt road, how much is the fee?

hi glad_gal and oink,

Every month is $175.

Then you need to pay a yearly one time payment of $80 for those miscellaneous items like using hand soap & etc in the center.

Two sets of t-shirt and shorts. So altogether 1st time payment is abt $300++, can't rem the exact amt.

My mum acc my kid there and she is full of complaints of that place. My kid cried throughout the whole session as the teachers kept shouting like in wet market. Only read one page of storybook + play all the old lousy toys. The children there are older so my kid kana bullied, pushed by one little girl. 2 kids fell down in the class and teacher shouted at them, some kids went around scratching others. My husband will go there and evaluate himself.

Actually i dun think quite highly of that place when I went to make payment as the two teachers there looks like part time aunties working for a living, dun look certified.

I saw one teacher push one indian kid when the kid misbehave. But i didn't think so much and just went ahead with the registration. Now regret.

If no good, i will forfeit the $$ and pull my son out as it sounds like hell.

but of coz, it all depends on individual preference. you may like there so perhaps go and check it out yourself.

I'm a picky mummy lah, lolz.

As i understand, quite a number of kids there stay there for a couple of terms le.

When i went to check out Edufarm and talked to the teacher (think it was an Indian teacher), there was an aunty teacher assistant. And yup the room was a little run down. But the kids did look pretty happy when I observed them. But I must say they are really cheap!!

Well most impt is your boy likes it...i guess if he just started, he will need some time to adjust. Gd luck!

haha, my husband told me he is traumatized by the noise level and nothing can be learnt there. The teachers were forever shouting as there are 2 very naughty boys, and got 1 very naughty gal who will pull ppl's hair, push ppl and hit ppl.

therefore, the teachers have problem controlling the crowd and can't even teach. 2 kids even fell down and hit their head.

my husband says it's really a one time life experience i must go and see personally, haha.

but the teachers treat my kid quite well, will carry him and etc.. but somehow, the shoutings seems traumatising enough.

maybe when you all want to check out the place when a class is in place, only then you will know whether will your kid be suitable there?

I will be enrolling my girl to Dardis Child Development Centre at Blk 134 Jalan Bukit Merah.

Any comments to share for this centre?

Hi people~
reg art kidz the teachers there are more pro then other schools i can say as they never show double standards in order to "make" you enroll your kids in~

so far my boy have been there since 18mth (now 25mth)...
and he learn alot of words but not those funny funny words lo~

as for toilet training the teachers will encourage the kids to learn before 24mth so that they can slowly get used to the toilet and also at home parents have to help also lo~

as it's a open air env. so it's quite clean~
the kids there also are nice as they dont really fight or scold each others ^&*^&^&@$#

have been happy with them since i enroll my boy there~
my #2 will also go there next time~
happy.gif

Sigh! Wanted to sign up for the 3 hr pre-nursery in kindergartens, but seems like most of the kindys around Queenstown, and even Chinese Kindergarten in Outram, are already full for the morning session.
We had decided to send our boy to kindergarten for the pre-nursery starting next year, instead of childcare, since we don't need the full day option yet.

I wish I have been more KS and register earlier
sad.gif

hi sunshine~
yea~
still till 3.30pm~
better as i dont really like them opeing till 7pm~
as from 3.30pm to 7pm (at those child care) the kids also wont do anythink special except for watching tv or self play~

so glad when i saw from arts kidz appearing on mcys website indicating operating hours is from 7am to 7pm but when i call up, they say they operate from 9 to 3pm.

i tot so long is a mcys approved child care, by regulation must operate from 7 to 7???

Dear mummies
if you need 4 hours classes, you can try JHS montessori at river valley, my boy has been there for 2years, the environment & teachers
have made it a fun loving learning place for the kids, even parents are invited to involve in the activities at school

Hi mummies,

I've a brand new size XS nurturestars uniform to let go.

I've paid deposit and bought uniform with the intention of commencing my son's childcare there but i've decided to start him at another school so he has not worn it yet.

Please pm me if you are keen to get it.

Can anyone intro pre nursery or nursery near redhill? I only know got YMCA .. I don't want send into pap cause the kids are a blank paper now. Don't want expose to bad influence

Hi Linda

You can try Dardis C.D.C @ Blk 134 Jalan Bukit Merah, Tel 62762523. Look for Miss Zuli.

My child had been there since Sept 2010.

The teachers are very good and kind.

My child had benefit quite alot from there.

I had PM u my contact number. Feel free to call me.

Hi Linda, my elder boy is in Eager Beaver now. If you need comments or more details, can pm me.

Glad_gal> Wave! I am also a RH mummy! Staying really near Leng Kee CC.

am a redhill mum too. Heard that they going to have Carecorner at Lengkok bahru opened next year, anyone went to see their campus on 22 dec? I was working and unable to come.

called brightkidz and was told their q very long they dun even want me to join the q, not so friendly.

I would prefer a cc in walking distance cos i feel its very tiring for both parents and kid to take bus everyday. Hope can have some recommendations from redhill mummies. Thanks

Hi mummies

Some time since come into this thread.

Linda: My boy is in pre-nurs at True Way Presb Church beside Q'stown MRT.

Hi luvbabe11! How is Eager Beaver? I went there once before when it was newly open. Though it was nice and spacious, didnt like the teachers at that time. But I am still looking out for cc if I have 2nd child
happy.gif
Heard they got waiting list as well..

miumiu: Carecorner? At Lengkok Bahru CC?? Never heard before..is it a childcare centre? Brightkidz looks very old, am surprised that they still have a long waiting list!

The other cc will be Learning Vision at BM Central, but that has a waiting list too!

Glad_gal,
eve aka tri...here. heehee

i went to Eager Beaver at BM central before. I dun like the place. and the admin lady was not able to ans my queries.

why not u try NurtureStar @ Safra Mt faber? G & T2 can be frens. heehee
i like the VP, she is very patience and helpful.

Haha tri! Actually me and hb also like Nurturestar, coz its cheaper for Safra members and big and spacious and within the club. The only major con is too far for us, and no direct bus from my mum's place as she is doing the fetching. BIG SIGH!!

Btw mummies, went to check out Little Skool House@ Alexandra today. It is very deep within the Alexandra Hospital...but quite a nice and quiet environment with spacious areas for the diff areas. Like it, but still thinking if should register coz it is a tad ulu within the hospital.

Such a headache to choose the ideal cc! :x

Hi,

I will like to put my son in a half day care around Bukit Merah area and I live in Kim Tian. I like Arts Kidz but not sure what is the charges for half day care. I have emailed them but they seems unwilling to let me know the charges before I go down for the tour. Anyone have any idea?
And is dardis cdc good?

hi you can try JHS montessori & talk to the principal, my boy is there since N1, small class ratio & they have activities for parents to join in as well

Corinne good , you come back updated me ok .

I interested the weekend program , actually want to go on sat but the in charge say sat they are busy .

You interested in which program ?

Hi

The Care Corner child care is in operation since this Apr. Anyone mummy with kids there? Feedback? Thinking of putting my son there.

Hi Mummies,

Do you know of any Church Kindy near Tiong Bahru/Bukit Merah that's good. I would like to enrol my gal who will be 3yrs. tks

Educated bilingual chinese lady at Tiong Bahru vicinity able to offer before and after school care services for children above 2 years old. Help to pick up child from school if need be. Supervise school work. Offers good clean home environment at private condo. Full attention given as no other children at home. Available for long term and adhoc arrangement. Mobile 98921168 (Aunty Lim)

Hi, was wondering if any mummies place their child @ talent plus @ blk 75 redhill road? A 2 hr program daily for 18 mths? Or any recommedations frm mummies staying near redhill for playgroup? Not really keen on a whole day program though ;x

hi joanne, i'm also considering Dardis but so far very few comments.. i will be going down this thur to take a look at the place.. also considering eager beaver and Carpe Diem... how about you?

Monkeyjay, I am keen to know more about Dardis too. Did you manage to pay them a visit and how is it? Wonder if they hv half day sessions cos I would like to gradually expose my baby to having to go to a playgroup next year when she turns 18mths.

The Moral Childcare Centre

Distance :0.96 km away
Located :302 Tiong Bahru Road
Jobs :Jobs in The Moral Childcare Centre
Directions:To Tiong Bahru Plaza
From Tiong Bahru Plaza

Hi mummies..
You can try to pop by artskidz to take a look at the environment.
Have been there since my boy was a toddler..
Great teachers over there...

I went artzkidz to check out this year. School fee for full day and half is $3600 and $3430 respectively. Full days is Monday to Friday 9am to 3pm only. They do offer 3 days and 2 days options too. They include have violin classes etc in their curriculums. If I send my child to a better school that cost $1800 per month, and extra violin classes, I still save from $3600

Back