12 months old can take probiotics?

shn_23

I'm sending my bb to an infant care, scare that she might contact cough & flu easily. Jus wonder if I give probiotics to her will help? and can they like young ones take probio?
any side effect?
currently saw a brnd BIO-3 probiotics. any1 tried that b4?

Both my girls take probiotics. The younger girl took it since she is 3mths old.

Aft long term of taking the probiotics they don't get stomach flu.. But of course they do get normal cough and flu once in awhile.

Technically, after 1 years old, can try kids on any food
happy.gif

My bb is taking Nan FM which contains probiotics and DHA. Is it still advisable to give her probiotics and DHA supplements?

yes...you can start taking probiotics at around 1 year old. heard that LGG probiotics are good but its quite expensive.

How about taking bananas? Heard that it is rich prebiotics.
weishy, you might want to try Friso. You may get samples online to try out. My boy used to this problem on other milk powder but after trying Friso, problem solved.

I have been giving bb probiotics from childlife (combination of probiotics and colustrum)since a few months. I believe she is much stronger than her older sister because of this.

Same here..been giving my gal probiotics since she was 6mo. She's hardly ever sick & her bowels r now regular.

tulippe;tks alot but not every time she likes bananas....depending on her mood
sad.gif
she's not a food lover le.

strawberrina:gave hayley yogurt daily too aalso dun help

nope, it's basically replenishing the good bacteria back in your body. treat it like vit c...you won't get immune to vit c, you jus need to replenish or supplement ur body with more.

actually probiotics do not help immune system to prevent cold and cough, but more for strong digestive system.

try baby yogurt for natural probiotic. bananas do not have probiotic but is good for regulating bowel movement and prune juice also good.

Totally agree with Tammy Tan. Her science is accurate
happy.gif

I would feed 2 spoonfuls of plain yogurt (I used Pauls') to my girl to treat her diarrhoea. The recovery is almost miraculous. The beneficial bacteria (i.e. probiotics) in the yogurt would help improve the colon health. Do note that not all yogurt have live bacteria.

I took my girl out of infant care centre after 6 months as she kept falling sick with no signs of recovery. She's looked after by a good nanny now and has not fallen ill since.

It is a fact that young kids' immune system is relatively weak and still developing. My ex-colleague used to pump a cocktail of TCM into his infant to boost his immunity at the infant care centre.

the PD near my mum's place always prescribes probiotics to my daughter (she's 1 year old) whenever i bring her there..sometimes i wonder if it's really neccessary.

Hi Wei,

Probiotics are generally bacteria. They are available in the pure form (solution or powder) from clinics - prices differ. Alternatively, you could get them through yoghurt, just ensure that the yoghurt states that it contains 'live culture/bacteria'. Go for reliable brands.

In-Liven is the result of over 20 years research & development. The bacteria are produced from fruits and vegetables and not fast-tracked from faecal matter. Contains significant enzymes, vital amino acids and a broad spectrum of essential nutrients.
Why

To re-colonise the gastrointestinal tract with the full spectrum of Lactobacillus (friendly) bacteria.
How

Blend with water or juice to make a delicious smoothie or sprinkle on your favourite food.
When

1 teaspoon, 1 to 3 times daily
5984857.jpg

What does the powder form priobiotics taste like? Can't take yogurt 'cos usually end up bloated and feeling yucky for hours after. Any brands to recommend?

Back