1 year birthday Celebration

Just to share some pictures from my baby's party! The cake from Pine Garden was really delicious and garnered a lot of favourable feedback from my guests. The top tier was Strawberry Cream and bottom Lychee Martini. The delivery service was right on time too! I'm a most satisfied customer!!!

1056516.jpg

hey all..

My boy had his first bday party last sat! it was a success , so glad!!

Everytin went on well..
btw i wanna sell some party deco . anyone keen?
my balloons are still w helium,if u r having the party soon, might be useful to u..no nid to pump.they say can last 2 wks.. i duno...now, 3rd day liao... still like new ... hee..

keen, emailed me.. [email protected]

for bby boy =)

the PG cake is yummy...design is as per i gave but the name was kinda small... perhaps space constraint.. well.. but in all... was good... heee

Hi Jaline,

It was a 3kg cake. I thought that it would be too big and I'd have to eat cake for breakfast, lunch and dinner but in the end my guests finished everything and I myself didn't have the chance to try it!

It cost me $135 including the design charge and delivery.

Your gal's cake was also really pretty! I always liked Strawberry Shortcake. Hoping to have a daughter the next time round, then I can design girly stuff :p

Hi all

My girl also celebrated her first birthday last Sunday. We got her cake from PG. Top Tier : triple choco , lower tier : Lychee Martini.

Delivery was on time, design was based on what I have communicated with Chan Yun, taste was yummy.
I also ordered another cake (fresh strawberry cream)because we also celebrated birthday for all the November kids in my family. So all in total we had 3 cake flavours.. It was the first time I saw guests gathering around requesting different type of cake because they wanna try the flavours..heehee..

Here are the pictures.
1057764.jpg

1057765.jpg

I think about 60 people turned up! Anyway I hinted to my husband to get me a cake on * my * birthday heh heh.

Hi all ...

All ur cake So nice !! SO envy!! keke
My want is jus a veri simple wan .. Attach the pic.. jus celebrate last sunday
1060307.jpg

just to share my Princess birthday cake.. think the lady has done a fantastic job!
PS: Decor done my sis
happy.gif

1060671.jpg

Hi Ruby
I also ordered the cake from ecreative for my son this coming sunday lunar's birthday. It is a 2kg cake which a baby boy carry a "1" design.

Now I am looking for another cake for his another celebration. My boy loves winnie the pooh but 3kg is too much for us. Maybe will order a 1 kg chocolate cake n some cupcakes from PrimaDeli. Thanks.

Hi micky
I got the candle from this shop Gifts Greetings at united square. B1-25. They also have another branch at Great World City #02-37.

One of my friends said she bought the last one at United Square, so I think maybe you give them a call first before you go down to buy.

Hi
Hi mommies,
I also ordered my 3kg '1' cake fr ecreative. Was v.nice.

However wanna warn all against Cake avenue!
I got my 2nd cake fr there & it was a total disappointment, paid $185 for the lousy Car-designed cake.
Tried to upload to show but file is too big.

Hi

Does anyone know of the cake decor shop in Bt Timah...does it hv Pooh or Sesame St figurines...Im tinkin of hvg a Pooh theme for my bb's 1st bday next mth...I dun hv time to order fm bdaydirect liao...

Many thanx...

Hi happygirlie,

Now you are making me worried....am thinking of ordering from cake avenue...was it really that bad? Now I dunno if I should do with them or Smiling Orchid. Only thing is smiling orchid can only do 2 tier min 3 kg but I dun wan such a big cake whereas Cake Ave can do 2 kg....headache!!!!

Hi Fizz

if we r refering to the same one at bt timah, they got other lollies figuries but dun hv pooh or sesame st leh....went last week oni...

so exited, my boy's birthday is on this coming sat....hope everyting turns out... i order 3-d cake from bengwan solo....hope it turns out nice..

Hi Mickey

Thanx for the info...

Does Bengawan Solo hv 3D cakes?...I oni saw 2D cakes on their catalogue...Wat designs do they have?...Is it ex?

hi poohbear,
my advise is dun order fr them, go somewhere else.
I was so deceived by their pic, which looks v.gd on the website!
It had the best-lookin F1 car.
To bring up 1 of several incidents, they called me at 4pm, the day b4 my party to tell me tat they cannot do the cake in Red. Ask me to go for Blue!
Can you imagine havin such 'surprises' sprang to u?
Do Pm me if u wt more info.

Hi happygirlie,

Thanks for the info...dun think I want to go thru any "surprises"....think I will settle for Smiling Orchid instead since saw quite a few good reviews from the mummies here. Thanks!
happy.gif

Hi mummies

I also just celebrated my son birthday last sat.. I am here to share my cake design from SO

1078816.jpg

Hi Joyce,

Your baby's cake looks really lovely. Where did u get the Pooh figurine from? How did u instruct PG on your design? Need any drawings or roughly sketch and describe?

Hi Fizz,
bengawan solo got 3-d cake...ordered a 3-d no.1 bear for my boy....they got a few other designs...party was last sat....will try to post pic of cake.....

Hi Zoom88,

Thanks! I got the Pooh figurine from Birthday Direct. I actually sort of "copied" the design from a photo I saw. Emailed them some simple instructions with the photo. The marshmallow lollipops I got from Bake-It-Yourself. I think it's easier if there's a picture or photo!

joyce or anyone who has ordered from pine garden
can give me the contact tel and person in charge of the cakes? Im planning for my son's 1st yr bday party. TIA
happy.gif

Joyce
were all the figurines on top of ur cake provided by PG or u bought it urself? i love ur cake!
happy.gif

joyce
i read ur post.. so ur figurines were bought from bday direct.. SO the PG cake is just a plain cake tat comes without anything?

I have also placed an order with PG for my son's birthday this saturday, hopefully the cake turn up fine. Abit worry!

Hi Esther

I contacted Chan Yun from PG. For my order, I think she took the instructinos according to our discussion. Basically, we modified from the cake designs that she sent to me. Also checked with her whether my requirements are practical for the order. Luckily everything turned out ok. (To play safe, I called her many times to remind her to check with bakery for me.

For a 3kg, double-tier cake, I suggest that you leave sufficient space in your fridge to store it because the box is very big!! I ordered 2 cakes so i practically cleared my whole fridge.

Hi Esther,

You can email PG at [email protected] to send them the design details. I was also in contact wirh Chan Yun. I wanted a 2 tier cake with 3-D icing letters (which they provide) but the Pooh figurine and marshmallow lollies at the sides had to be provided by me. The candle was also provided by me, by the way.

If you email them they will send some pictures of cakes they have done but I didn't really like those designs so I did my own
happy.gif

joyce
hey good to see u. i kept checking back at this thread to see whether u have replied.. u bought ur pooh figurines from bday direct.. Do u know where i can get similar ones in singapore?

where u bought ur marshmalow lollies?
u mean the yellow "happy birthday" candles were also bought by yourself? where did u buy it?
if so many things bought by urself, then the cake from PG is just a very plain cake when delivered?

thank u very much.. My boy bday on 1 dec, so i kind of rushing things now

hi,
I'm letting go of my gal's birthday deco cos it's already over. Letting go the lanterns at $6 incl postage.

Pls PM me if interested.
1085782.jpg

eeyore
i just PM u regarding the fonts and size n colour that u used for ur girl's name charlene. The ones u placed on top of winnie the pooh scene setter.. Hope to hear frm u soon! i really like ur decor for ur girl's bday party ! so pretty..
happy.gif

Hi Esther,

How exciting! It's always a joy to celebrate your baby's first birthday!

I'm not sure if you can get the Pooh figurine in Singapore, but I got it via a BP. It takes about 3 weeks for it to arrive from the US, so it's prob too late to order now for Dec 1st. Maybe you can go to the toy shops to see if there are any other toy Pooh figurines?

I bought the marshmallow lollies from Back-It-Yourself which is a shop along Bukit Timah Road. Their website is http://www.b-i-y.com/ I didn't see any Pooh figurines though!

The yellow lettering is actually icing and not candles. They can be eaten! These were provided by PG.

What I meant was I went down to PG and gave them the figurines and lollipops I bought, and they used them to do the decorations for the cake. So when the cake was delivered it looked like it did in the photos.

Back