! 1 Confinement Lady or Confinement Agency recommendation?

Will like to share my experience with 2 CLs that I have hired. I was early by 2.5 weeks (gynae wanted to induce) and my original CL can't come as she needed to go on holiday with her family. She tried to find a CL for me but could not get anyone. In the end, the day before I was induced, I was frantically looking for a CL to cover for a week before she was available.

I got a contact and got Auntie Fong as my CL. She happened to be available before her next assignment which was due a week after. She is very good and took very good care of me and baby in her 1 week stint here. She cooks very well and in her one week here she taught me a lot of handy tips in showering, feeding and soothing babies.

When my original CL came, Jasmine (Singaporean), it was a total nightmare and she was so unhygienic and yet kept bragging about how capable she is. She is demanding (maybe becoz she is Singaporean) and kept insisting that baby is not hungry and refuse to let me feed when he cries non-stop for an hour In the end, i sacked her after a week and coped with 3 weeks w/o CL.

I miss Auntie Fong a lot and asked her to come back and teach me again how to shower my baby (she is very clean) after her assignment which ended last week. She is very jovial and bubbly and has a lot of passion in her job. She is responsible and very willing to teach mothers, maids and grandparents on wat to eat and what not to eat and what to cook etc. When i was desperate for breast milk, she used very very hot towel and massaged my breasts. I was very appreciative to her and not all CLs do that due to the heat from the towels. My other Singaporean CL can't be bothered and ask me to do it myself and even made stupid remarks like - aiyoh ur BM so little dun think it will ever be enough for your boy! Auntie Fong is very clean and showers every time after she cooks. She pays particular attention to details and make recommendations on how we can better plan our day after she is gone.

She is with me now can be contacted at 83864182 or 016 7430588 (u can quote Liping for reference). I know she has an assignment in HK till next year March and she will be available after that. I do not gain anything for advertising her. Just that she has been receiving jobs from other CLs that takes commission from her and will like to help her get some jobs and get the full rate that she deserves.

Just in case, the CL Jasmine (Singaporean) which is very atas and unhygienic, her number is 91279879. Please avoid her at all cost. She charges above market rate as well.

Thanks Audrey for your recommendation.
Hi Babystarlet, yes I am still looking for confinement lady. You have someone good to recommend?

hello
happy.gif
Audrey (sunflower1979)

this is my first time posting on a forum... logging-in to Chat with you...

i am interested in engaging Auntie Fong.. just dropped her an SMS.

both the Local & Msia no. > wonder she'll reply me?

Is she still at your place?
any idea what are her charges like?

my EDD in March.

hear from u soon. thanks

Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2011 - 3:32 pm:       
Hey all

Im soo grateful to my CL that I want want to recommend her to others. How can I go about doing it? Can't help in other ways other than giving her ang pow so I want to help by recommending her more businesses.. Anyway for those who have friends/relatives who are looking for CL, mine is really good..

Reason being

1. she cooks very well. Will cook separately for hubby and I (coz she tries not to let hubby take confinement food coz too heaty). If I have guest, she will also cook for my guest if they wants to eat..

2. Hand wash mine and baby's clothes

3. Washes hubby's clothes seperately

4. When my guest is here to visit me, will help me to host them by cutting fruits or pouring drinks for them.

5. Does housework for me. Even things like cleaning of toilet or cleaning my fan coz she say too dusty.

6. Takes care of baby and trains baby. Trains baby to drink at xx time interval, not to spoil baby by carrying her, talks to baby and loves baby..

7. Takes good care of me. Ensures that I eat full full.

8. Listens to "instructions". Example if you are not comfortable with her in any ways, she will change. Like coz I have this open concept kitchen and if she cooks with too big fire, my house will be really oily.. First day, thats what she did and my house is filled with smoke and oil.. But then after telling her, she lowered the fire and mop the floor(for the WHOLE HOUSE) after every cooking.. So nice right? We didnt even ask her to mop, just ask her to lower the fire..

9. The list goes on...

Before this, I always find posts that recommends their CL dubious as in why would someone post and highly recommend their CL for nothing.. Now I know..

Anyone interested can contact her at 8242 6108 / 016-746 1157.

Finding a good CL is difficult - but one good way is to meet them face to face and interview them
happy.gif
I used Auntie XiuMei during my confinement and she is very good. Have recommended to my sis and cousin too. But she's very busy and only available from May 2012.

Hi Audrey, will you be interested to recommend Auntie Fong in my pregnancy website? I'm compelling a list of good CL and only recommends tried and tested ones
happy.gif
I don't stand any commission from recommending them.

Regards,
Joey Tang
www.preggymum.com

Hi,
I have a good confinement lady to let go for Nov '11 - Jan'12. She is supposed to be my CL during my EDD 20/12/2011 however bb was born premature n is now still in Special Care, unable to go home due to underweight. And the cost in Special Care is killing me n I dun think I can afford to get an CL, also, I am clueless as to when bb can be discharged.
I hope to find a "replacement" for the CL as she is a nice lady. She is my ex -colleague's mum n is a good n reliable CL. Will anyone be interested and fit into the timing? If yes, pls Email me [email protected]

Thanks...

For mommy who looking for confinement lady, pls do not take Lan Jie or Jin Jie(From Kuantan)

We saw gd commend for Lan Jie last year try to engaged her service but she was not available, but she recommend her cousin Jin Jie - claimed she is very good and has more than 10 years experiences.

This Jin Jie appeared very promising when we first meet her. She claimed she will do 28 days different cooking and care for me, bb and cooking for my husband asshe need to eat as well.

After I delived my bb, she refuse to come on the day I discharged and came only at 5pm the next day after we struggle and settled everything.

She failed to be a confinement lady as she has no baby care nor cooking skill for mummy in confinment.

Bad baby care:
1) She don't wash bb face nor mouth. After I told her to do so, she use the bath cloth and bath water to wash my bb mouth and face. She will use 1 hand and strugle herself to remove my bb clothing in the toilet so dangerously right above the toilet bowl. SO scared she will drop my bb.

2) Never change bb cloth despite it was wet during feeding time. Very lazy never put binder for bb, no apply oil to bb tummy. She will only put short sleeve top for my bb then botton just wrap her with napkin - no matter is sunny day or rainny night. When I ask her to put on long sleeve and long pant, she say bb not cold, she is hot. So that she will only wash 2 top and 1 pair or mitten and booties only everyday.

3) Any how do thing her own way. She will not dilute the bottle cleaser to wash bottle nor my breast pump. She will just pump 1 pump of the cleaser into the bottlt then just rinse with the tap water. I caught her with a bottle full of bubbles in my steamer. Never even on the staemer to steamer my bottle. When I show her the bottle, yet she still argued with me that is just the bottle cleanser not mama lemon.
Just want to feed bb lots of milk. I have pump and make all the pump milk according to how much my bb can drink but she just pour and make eall the bottle to less bottle but bigger volume. Whne my bb already fall asleep yet she still trying to force the milk in especially at night thinking bb will wake up lesser and she can sleep longer.

4) No bb care knowlwge or bo chap - when bb cry only sent to me for breast feed. Even at night when I told her I need to rest just give the pump milk or formula. Yet she just bump into my room and throw bb to me and she went back to sleep. Ask me what to do when bb cry after feeding bb still crying? WOnder who is the confinement lady?

5) Very dangerous bb care practice. She bath my bb with Guinness stout caused my bb to be drowsy for 6 hour until I realised how come bb never cry for milk, yet she claimed other bb is fine with this.

Mother Care
1) Only serve me meehoon/mee sua soup everyday for bf, lunch is a vegetabke and pork fillet both cook with soy sauce. Fish is just steam or fried(Dry,no gravy) When I ask her how about the 28 days different cooking then she answered me I am in confinement what else I expect?

2) Ask her to double boiled so soup for me. she claim can only drink after 12 days. then she told me DOME is no good, chinese herb like cordicep also no good. And she wanted me to give her bottle of XO to double boiled, Guess she wanted to drink that. But I insist I want only DOME.

3) Her cooking skill is really "0". Everything cook with soy sauce and is either no taste or very salty. When ask her she say she outt a bit of salt only or I should take thing too tasty.

4) Ask her to cook pig trotter and chicken wine on 12th day. she cook till the we can't taste that is what she is cooking.

5) Can water cress soup be drank by a confinement mummy? Is too cold for mummy, but she insist I an drink it. I refused to drink it.

This Jin Jie - talk is No 1 but reality is nothing. She is so dirty and lazy as she is sleeping during the day time from 1-4pm and start watching TV at 7-9pm.

If you want a proper care for yourself and your baby and felt you are being conned, dont take her.
Despite I have no mother in law or miad to help I sent her off at Day 16th as I really think is too danderous to keep her

Hi, I would like to share & provide feedback of the confinement nanny - Auntie Hua Jie (Malaysia no.   01960127450776 & HP no. 93457882) 

Engaged her at your own risk!!!!!

I've engaged her based on online recommendations from other mummies but it turn out to be a nightmare & trouble for me & my hubby.

My  edd of my third child is on 26 Jan, which is during CNY.  A few months back, I tried to book for my previous confinement nanny but she's already booked by other people.  So no choice I called Auntie Hua Jie.  I told her my edd is during CNY & I have two other kids.  She agreed readily.  As it is during CNY, I'm afraid she may back out last minutes so I double confirm with her & I told her I may deliver earlier as both my older kids were delivered 2 weeks earlier than the edd.  She assured that she will honor her promise no matter what.  

As I have to go for c- section this time round & was scheduled on 20 Jan, I called her & told her of the delivery date & exected hospital discharge date.  I also inform her that we will call her before I'm discharged from hospital so that she can get ready to come to singapore. However, when i called her one day before discharged, she says she can't come in on my day of discharged as her son is coming to see her on that day due to CNY. She requested for a delay of one day. We agreed since it's CNY & I have to rope in my mil to help out for the day. 

Finally, she came at about 4pm & she told my hubby she has 35 yrs of experience as a confinement nanny.   For less than 2 hours, she suddenly says she wants to quit & pack her stuff & she left. Before she leaves, we told her that we have a maid who will do all the housework.  The maid only came a month ago so don't know how to cook.   She will just need to take care of the baby & myself & cook for the family (which is my hubby, two kids, maid & myself).  She kept giving excuses that usually she only cook for the hubby only.  In my heart,  i've been thinking if she has worked for 35 yrs, don't tell me that all the families she has worked with only giving birth to first child (not possible right?). Besides, I've already told her beforehand that we have two kids & she needs to cook for them too when they are back from Childcare centre.   She says "If you don't like my cooking, you can engage other people instead." We are shocked to hear that as she has not even started cooking & we have not even tasted her food.

We tried to ask her why she wants to quit.  She just says we are very difficult to get along.  For less than 2 hours, she has not even started work & she gave such an excuse to quit.  Not to mention my hubby even told her to have a good rest in the room first as she has just travelled a long distance from Malaysia. 

I've ended with no confinement nanny & have to inconvenience my mil to cook for me & take care of the baby (very difficult to get confinement nanny last minutes esp CNY period).  The lucky thing is I still have a maid to help out.

So whoever intend to engage her, do so at your own risk as she doesn't honor her words at all.  Her so called 35 yrs of experience doesn't tell us that she has integrity. 

We have been in Singapore for 6 years and have been providing reliable and high quality, scientific and professional confinement services for our clients. Please contact us at 62866209 if you wish to find out more about our confinement services.

Dear Mummies,

I'm also here to recommend my confinement lady Aunty Sabrina from Penang. I was very lucky to have managed to book her at the end of my first trimester. She is doing my confinement for me since 28days ago. Here are my reasons:

1) Contactable
It is un-nerving as first time parents to pay a deposit to someone you have never seen and whom you're gonna entrust your confinement to (especially reading a lot of horror stories of dishonest CLs). Sabrina has always been contactable via her Singapore or Malaysia mobile numbers. She even asked me to meet her during my 2nd/3rd trimester to get a list of herbs to buy for my confinement (unlike some CLs who insist you pay them to get from you from Malaysia where you wouldn't know the actual source and costs).

2) Love & Care for baby
This is my first and most important criteria for a CL and she has fulfilled it well. Despite baby fussing at night or soiling diapers immediately upon a new one changed or even dirtying her clothes by spraying poo on her, she has not once complained abt baby being not good. In fact, she will still dote on baby and say cheerful things to baby. Taking care of baby is also her first priority and at any time of the day, if she can't be with baby because she is cooking or bathing, she will always ensure it is at a good time when one of us can look after baby. Upon the first cry, she will move quickly to baby and fulfill baby's needs.

3) Care for mother
She is especially concerned about my welfare during my confinement too. Always asking me if I'm ok with the dishes, whether there is anything I particularly like or dislike and she'd try to suit my tastes within the confinement 'rules'. She is also always reminding me to be properly clothed and not get wind. She fulfills her CL duties of preparing the longan red date tea, boiled water for my usage, herbal bath for my daily baths, breakfast lunch dinner & sometimes even supper preparations. She also washes and sterilises all pump parts for my ease of use and gets a routine in place for my meals and implements an easy-to-follow process of sterilising and storing of bottles and pump parts.

4) Hygiene
This is of utmost importance and I have no need to remind her of this as she has high standards. Even if the cloth diaper (used to lay at baby's head or to swaddle baby or to lay on the breastfeeding pillow) is a little wet, she will change a new and dry one. She ensures all baby's stuff are washed cleanly and monitors when my maid does it and reminds my maid to do it thoroughly, setting the standards high so that it'd be easier for me to monitor my maid when she leaves. She herself bathes twice a day and sterilises her hands (with the hospital grade steriliser i bought) or washes her hands before touching baby.

5) Experience
She has many years of experience despite still being in her 40s, thus she has the expertise and also the energy to still deliver her duties well. She is organised and helps me to organise the baby's trolley and diaper bag and teaches me what to prepare for baby's needs. When my baby has some rashes on her face, she advises us to get the baby lactacyd and she diligently uses it to clean baby's face and the rashes have cleared up almost completely. She also prepares sterilised cotton balls wet with boiled water (in an airtight container) by my bed so that I can swiftly clean myself before pumping and breastfeeding. She has also been very patient teaching my maid on how to continue helping me with my confinement as I intend to do until 40days with my mum & maid's help.

6) Cheerful Personality
She is very bubbly and chatty. She can actually become 'bosom buddies' with my mum in these short weeks which is no mean feat as my mum is very strict at home & at work and rarely laughs and chats with anyone. She can actually cheer my mum up with her anecdotes and cheerful personality such that my mum actually opened up and they chat about many things. This is really one less problem for me because I was originally worried that my CL can't get along with my fussy mother. But now, I am so very heartened to see my mum has found a friend in Sabrina. Staying in someone's home for 28 days deprived of proper rest and sleep is not easy but her positivity and cheerfulness has helped herself and all of us pass the days so fast and in a happy atmosphere.

7) Easy-Going
At first, she was apprehensive about me having a dog at home as she is really scared of them. But she still carried about her tasks daily while trying hard to live with my dog under the same roof. And although cooking should only be restricted to herself and my hubby and me, she also did not mind cooking for my family and even patiently taught my maid how to cook. Despite me having a maid, she also helped with chores like washing, preparation of ingredients, cooking, etc although I have told her the chores can be done by my maid. She has also gotten along well with my maid and everyone else in the family.

8) Committed
She is committed to her tasks and does not request to go out etc (unlike some horror stories I read abt CLs leaving the house for hours). To ensure I have a good rest, she doesn't bring the baby to me especially when I am resting. Throughout the 28 days, yesterday night was the first and only night she brought baby to me in the middle of the night as baby was crying and not soothed despite clean diapers & EBM in bottle (the usual), as baby was looking for me and my smell as after I latched baby on, baby slept. All other nights, she has handled baby on her own (unlike some CLs who just pass baby to mothers the moment baby cries). She will always ensure all the necessary tasks are finished before she rests.

She has sort of become part of my family and I really cannot bear to see her leave tomorrow. I believe my mum and I would be in tears. Time flies and 28 days have passed. I will bid farewell to Sabrina tomorrow (later today) and I do hope to see her again soon if I can conceive a second baby. But of course I hope she'd be available then for me!

Thank you Auntie Sabrina! May you get assignments that appreciate the good work you do for the baby, the mother and the family

Here are some other recommendations for Auntie Sabrina by other mummies:

1) Zna8 (July 2009)
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/36738/2670068.html?1339917620

2) Elynntan (Jan 2010)
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/3491207.html?1281578381

3) Kaxin (Sep 2011)
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/5453919/5907554.html?1341994208

4) Duckie (May 2012)
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/6951583/6971551.html?1345186505

5) Adellez (July 2012)
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/6951583/7115176.html?1344429324

Call her at:
8105 5776 (Singapore) or
+60 16 468 1225 (Malaysia)
You can also PM or email me at [email protected] for more details

May all mummies find an awesome CL and have a nourishing and restful confinement!!!

Hi mummies,

My mum is a confinement lady with around 19 to 20 years of working experience in this line. Anyone looking for confinement lady in or after August 2013 is welcome to email [email protected]. Thanks!

Best Regards,
Peggy

Hi mummies,

I'm doing currently doing my confinement (in my 4th week) and would like to recommend my CL, Lan Yee.

1. Cooks really delicious and nutritious meals and soup ( including papaya with fish, black beans, etc) to increase my milk supply. She seldom cook the same dishes. She prepares meals for my hubby too. On alternate day, she will also prepare herbal soup (black chicken with dang gui, etc).
2. Cooks red dates drink daily. She also boils herbal water for showering from week 3 onwards.
3. Very knowledgeable - know what to eat and what to avoid.
4. Most importantly, she is very patient with my baby. My baby is very difficult to take care coz he always wake up in the middle of the night n quite bad temper. But she has been very patient all this while. She is able to wake up whenever the baby cries or make funny noise, even at night.
5. Supportive of bf and encourages me to let baby latch on more often to create more breast milk.

I am grateful to have her to help me take care of bb and me. She was previously in London for a few months in 2013 and was only back in mar 2013 hence has not taken up any job from sept - nov 2013. For those who are interested, can contact her directly

She is currently in Singapore and will be back in Malaysia in mid May. Her contact no is +65 81496895 (Sg) or +60 16 9188648 (mal). You can also pm me if you would like to know more about her.

hi nc,

i'm in urgent need of CL as mine just called me that she can't come as her mum just passed away. I'm supposed to due end May. You don't accept PM. I tried called Lan Yee with the number you've provided but can't get thru. Hope you can help me.

I hv called a few CL but cldn't get one yet.Desperate needed a gd CL, please PM me if you have someone to recommend. MY EDD is in DEC 13

hi hi, i'm looking for confinement nanny - auntie xiumei's (秀梅 or also known as siew mooi) contact number. Please let me know if you have. Thanks much!

hi hi, i'm looking for confinement nanny - auntie xiumei's (秀梅 or also known as siew mooi) contact number. Please let me know if you have. Thanks much!
Hello , I used a confinement aunty called xiumei this Oct. I don't recommend her. Is that the same person that you are asking?

Hello , I used a confinement aunty called xiumei this Oct. I don't recommend her. Is that the same person that you are asking?

Hello there. Will you pm this CL's contact? I found one with a similar name and would like to verify whether it's the same person.

Many thanks in advance!

Back