1 bedder @ TMC - how much did u pay?

if emergency c section, u would have to pay double labour charges, that is, for normal delivery AND c-section delivery charges.. there may be price adjustment too, so maybe you may wanna confirm the room type nearer yr due date..

I actually paid 4-bedded ward charges but stayed in a 2-bedded ward as there was an upgrade. I had to pay double labour charges as I did not dilate enough and my bb already poo-ed in the water bag and thus I had to do an emer c-sec. Paid about $3k cash( incl the deposit)

hi,

does anyone know what the difference in charges will be if i upgrade from 4-bedder to 1-bedder after delivery in TMC? anybody can share? =)

I paid abt $2k inclusive of bb's fee. For 1 bedder, you get to enjoy free wireless access. So, can do yr facebooking
happy.gif

I choose 1 bedder as I hv 2 older kids. Think will be chaotic and will certaintly disturb another patient when my kids are here.

shizimi

mine is normal. In fact, cost will be lowered if not for my bb got jaundice & stayed for a total of 7 days in hosp. I stayed 3 nites as wanted to accompany my bb 1 more day. wat is ga?

some are more equal than others... my wife was in the old floor in sep'08... BAD BAD BAD... so i made some noise and they UPGRADED us to the newly renovated floors... GOOOD GOOD GOOD... like resort... and much closer to MT A. standard... next baby will be Mt A and not TMC again...

total I paid 600+ cash and the rest was deducted from what it could in medisave... normal delivery... no epidural... we sucked a lot of nitrous gas though... i shared the gas with her for the 8 hours delivery...

because of our doctor... we were in 4 bedder and was upgraded to 2 bedder...

hth
happy.gif

Alfred

Hi,

I just deliverd my first born at TMC in late Mar 09, bill was total of (hospital stay and delivery fees) $4500, 1 beded, normal delivery with epidural. $1800 is paid via mediasave, rest paid in cash.

So far happy with the staff, especially the level 2, delivery suit nurses, they are very encouraging and cheerful!

What I'm unhappy is i did not know that the Lactation Consultant who came into my room to demo breastfeeding to me, is not a free service. I felt that I was mislead by Parentcraft. I had a 15mins session with a Lactation Consultant in Parentcraft and was charged $35. Was a bit shocked, as they did not tell me that this is not a free service by TMC for inhouse patients.

Hi Jan,

You can ask for free milk samples from nurses at the baby nursery at TMC. They will give free milk samples with disposal bottles (only 1 time use).

anyone know if tmc has finished the renovation? if not, when we book the bed, do we need to voice out that we want the renoveated room?

Hi,
If u r on total breastfeed, u still can ask for milk samples. My milk din flow until the 5th day. So baby still have to drink formula.

For the rooms, it depends on the availability. Tink cannot choose. Deposit is 2k.

hi, can i check if TMC provide nursing gown during your stay? i dont feel like buying them from Spring or MOthercare as its nt cheap and will nt wear them when i go home..

Here are the charges for all the hospitals in singapore:

http://sg.******************/upload_folder_quicklinks/folder_9/Hospital%20Charges.pdf

This is my hospital bill based on Twins delivery under C-Sect with GA on 1 Bedded Room excluding doctor fees

Cash Paid after Medisave deduction of $2125
Mother : $1726.57
Twin Boy : $388
Twin Gal : $388
Total Cash : $2502.57

Hope that helps.

Ting,

u can book a four booked but most of the time they will give u 2 bedded as they is one one or two rooms for four bedded.U be paying for four bedded fees anyway.

Is ok if gynae not from TMC.

Personally i like TMc coz the staff are mostly local .Their super Single is highly recommended and i really love it!!is diff from single.If i am not wrong,they got a VIP as well,i have yet to try that.but i think is be real luxurious ba.

Super single is more family orientated a dn is good when my relative comes.i tried super single a nd single.Super singel is more comfy even the blanket is diff!!

congrats to all mummies to be...!! enjoy teh stay.btw,their food is delicious:>

i intend to get 2-bedder coz i heard 4-bedder upgrade to 2-bedder is not guaranteed.

Anyone has a recent bill for 2-bedder?

With regards to single bedded, anyone's hubby accompanined you without opting for the companion package @75 per night? Will the nurse drive u out?

jan jan,

the diff is ard $280 per day.the size of teh room is diff.super single has got a small pantry...or like a kitchen top...it has got a big dining table.:>u can call and make appt.they will bring u and have a look,but that time i did not.I am looking froward to their VIP room,i think it be cosy and luxury.u may call them and arrange for vewing...machiam view showroom:>

kawai,

got vip room somemore? tmc like hotel, can choose among so many rooms...

coz of the h1n1, v hard to book the hospital tour, i called few x but was told it is fully booked, as each time slot only allow 2 couples to go...

jan jan,

hahhha...ya the vip room is ard $700 per day.due to H1n1,they have to take precaution lor,so have to book early to tour ard TMC.if u wan to know the exact charges,u can call them and ask them for rates.that was wat i did that time lor.The nurses also very friendly and nice.:>

sandra,

wat ward r u staying?

did u hv side effect of epi?

tmc wont say anythg when hubby stayed overnite on d sofa? is the sofa one seater or those longer one?

did u know if the cafeteria at tmc is open 24hr?

how rooms r different at level 6 n other levels?

were u provided basic toiletries?

wat free items did u get at delivery?

did u ask for any glass bottles or milk samples?

how many times did u breastfeed ur bb?

sorry to ask so much, coz i will b also delivering at tmc.

hi sandra, i also wanna ask if you have the FBI card? cos it seems like the 1 bedder and 4 bedder not much difference in terms of the cash payment after deducting the CPF portion... if tat's the real case, den i might consider 1 bedder too...

Hi ting, I do have the SBI card. So there is $100 deduction for 1 bedded. I had initially wanted to book 4 bedded then auto upgrade to 2 bedded but hubby said it's only 2 nights, no need to save $.. cos resting in 1 bedded really makes a LOT of difference IMO. I get total privacy, attention from nurses, own toilet, own space and tv, plus no need to be too 'civilised' (can walk ard with messy hair/ untied gown ;) etc...

Jan, I stay at the cheapest 1 bedded ward. I think $430/night. Side effects of epi: I shivered uncontrollably for awhile (abt 10min) aft delivering bb. From previous experience, I actually preferred epi cos one thing - no pain, esp no need to get up in middle of night to pass urine..urine is passed out auto from tube (hehe I'm lazy) so I can drink as much as I can w/o worrying any hassles.

This is my 2nd delivery in TMC, hubby stayed through w/o paying. Nurse did ask if hubby is staying, I just said NO. At night, nurses saw him but didn't say anything. It's a 2 seater sofa so comfy enough for hubby. Somemore there're a few kopitiam ard TMC so hubby had no trouble finding food. TMC's food is much too expensive for hubby... he preferred to walk ard for fresh air then eat or tabao back...then come back to my ward for free newspaper... Not sure if the cafeteria is opened 24hr.

Not sure about other levels, I find that level 6 wards are very new (correct me if I'm wrong), like newly renovated? I was staying at lvl 6 for both deliveries

Basic toiletries definitely provided: shampoo, shower gel, toothbrush/paste, face towel, shower cap and comb. All packed in a neat pouch.

Free items wise, nothing much I think...the usu stuff...maternity pads, cotton buds, baby NB diapers (fitti brand), one bottle of hand sterilizer, motherhood free pack, TMC diaper bag with baby stuff.

I did not ask for glass bottles but did request for some bottles of FM, in case I really cant produce enough bm in time. There are a few brands for you to choose from. Nurse gave me 3 bottles of fm (liquid form) plus 3 disposable teats (NUK).

The nurse will bring baby to you about every 3 hrly. Unless you choose to let bb sleep in your room the whole day/ most of the day (only 1 bedded can do this, if not will disturb other mothers) then you feed on demand lor..but usu NB don't need to feed that frequently unless a premie or bb is big size and need more milk... In the morning nurse will let you finish brreakfast 1st before bring bb in ard 9am...

These are all my personal experiences that I'm sharing, may differ from other mothers so don't take my words as strict guidelines...

Take care and good luck
happy.gif

thank you sandra for ur info.

when requesting nurse for formula milk, can we get all the brands?

the disposable teats is for one time use only?

the bottles for the fm is it glass or plastic? r they reusable?

Hi jan jan

I'm not sure if can get all the brands cos I din ask. But the nurse said there is a range of brands to choose from...I suppose you can request for 1 bottle per brand for trial.

I've been re-using the teats. It doesn't come with a cap though. FM is in glass bottles, 100ml each, reusable.

sandra,

i hv heard fr some mommies that we can request glass milk bottles fr nurse, in fact, wats d purpose of it? r the glass bottles same as the FM glass bottles?

how do u find the nuk teats? is it latex?

Hi, glass milk bottles can be used to contain breastmilk. NUK teats are latex but without cap, not advisable to re-use too many times. Other than that, my baby used it well.

sandra,

i'm due in oct, now started to buy bb stuffs, hence try to get as much info as poss.

i've jz booked the tmc bed, my gynae nurse said must wait for the tmc letter. wat am i supposed to do next with the letter?

sandra - can i check with you for the diapers hor the fitis diapers that tmc gave you when u discharge is it a BIG pack? cause i went last weekend to see fitis diapers and for newborn the packs are pretty big compared to other brands ...

Jan, just pass the admission letter to the counter when you/ your husband register you at the admission counter.

Ayukie, I can't remember how many pieces the pack is already but it has min 30 pieces...

i heard that newborns will quickly find newborn size diapers not fit, n chg to size s. shd we prepare a new newborn size diapers or jz finish the hospital ones (newborn size) n buy size s?

hi jan, babies tend to outgrow their NB & S sizes very fast. I didnt even buy NB size, coz after I was discharged from TMC & used up the ones that TMC gave, my baby 'graduate' into S size liao.

My bb was into M size at 2 mths, now she's 6 mths & L size liao. But it seems that after 6 mths, babies' growth is not so rapid I think she would maintain at L size for a while.

My advice is to buy the bigger sizes, dun buy too many of NB or S sizes. A lot of my gf gave me S & M sizes coz they stocked up too much of the smaller sizes. Then in the end their bb outgrew too fast, so never use.

oh ya if you can do some research & decide on the brand of FM you want your baby to take BEFORE you pop, would be good.

Coz the night before i delivered, the nurse asked me what brand i want, I blur blur also.
If I had done some homework I would have asked for Friso! Cheap & good lor.
Now i try to change her FM to Friso, cannot liao.

My baby was born at 36 weeks.

I stockup on Pampers NB size but it was too big for him.
TMC gave us Fitti NB diapers at the hospital which fit him better.

He is now 2 weeks old and is still using the Dryers NB diapers (which is a size smaller than the Pampers ones).

Kawai

Thanks..so this is nt yet deduction of the medisave right? all in all any idea hw muz we got to come out in cash... sori to ask so muz..coz i cant seem to get e exact amount except natural delivery..
sad.gif

LT,

medisave deduction for hospital charges is 2105.my total (not inc nursery) hosp charges is 3700.I only stay 2 days.(c section) and one day campanion.i brought my own blue sheets,pads,binder.

my bill for 1 bedded c section is about $7k. cash payout is $3035+. Baby bill is $1k n cash payout is $228.

hope that helps.

Hi,

I delivered in Jan this yr and my total cash paid was $3000+. I delievered by C-section with epi. I stayed at the premier ward and even stayed an extra day coz baby had jaundice. I think the preimer ward is worth staying coz ur baby will get more attention from the nurses as the nursery is not as crowded as compared to the other levels. Hope it helps...

Hi all,

I delivered in Oct 2009 and total cash paid out was $3.2k. I delivered by c sect too and stayed in 2 bedded ward. To me, I feel that the nurses in GE are v pro and helpful. I enjoyed my stay there and bb was well taken care of.. :D

They are fast in respond to the bell alert anytime I need them. :D great job!

Back