1 bedder at gleneagles: how much did u pay?

Shers
Ur gynae is from O&G partners or the hospital's O&G clinic? My gynae is Prof Ng from O&G Partners at gleneagles medical centre.I remember there are 3 gynaes there but I cant remember the names of the other 2 doctors.

Irene
Most gynaes will only commit u to a package when ur pregnancy has stablised at around 22 weeks. Its also for your own good because imagine this.. if u had paid for a full-term package from 10weeks then *touch wood* something happens and your pregnancy terminates, they will not refund u the package money. My gynae's package was $550 for 10 antenatal visits and 2 post natal visits, including all ultrasound scans performed at his clinic, starting week 22.

oh yar.. forgot to mention that Prof Ng will only deliver at Gleneagles. He was the ex-Head of O&G department of NUH and he's still lecturing at NUS. My colleague's son who is 11 this year was also delivered by him 11 years ago. Very experienced doctor.

hi Wendy,

Saw your breakdown on the bill. Did u tell the counter that u need separate billing for yourself and your bb? During the maternity tour in gleneagles, i ask the person about separate billing, they say that the hospital don't do separate billing.

hi chupa
I didn't have to ask for it. They seperated the bill for me automatically. I would have ask for it anyway. Maybe the customer servicer officer midunderstood your question?

Hi haru / lovedogs,
My gynae also Dr Chan!
happy.gif
I am gg for planned c-sect end of this mth..

Lovedogs,
When is ur EDD?

Haru,
Have u started ttc? I just took folic acid daily when i started ttc. Didnt take any FM supplement.

hi serrich,

all the best for your delivery end of this month
happy.gif
my EDD is mid May 07...still long time away..

how is your experience with dr Chan so far?

btw, how much will planned c-sect cost? I am worried abt hospital bill size of gleneagles. if it is not for Dr Chan, i will have gone to other cheaper hospitals....

Lovedogs,
Thanks! Hopefully everything goes well..
happy.gif

I feel very comfortable wf Dr Chan. He's very experience and has superb stitching skills which he himself always rave abt. Hahaha
happy.gif
Infact I didnt feel much pain after my c-sect and could get off the bed and walk ard the next morning. I have seen many relatives who are suffering and groaning in pain even weeks after their c-sect!!! I am glad that I didnt have to suffer like them. All thanks to Dr Chan!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Same like u, if weren't for Dr Chan, i would have gone to other cheaper hospitals like Mt A! Too bad, Dr Chan only deliver in GEH ley..

My hospital bill size was abt $8k cos i went thru unsuccessful induction & emergy epi c-sect for a 2 bedder. My sil who went thru planned epi c-sect paid abt $5k+ for 2 bedder when she delivered her gal in Yr 04. Nt too sure how much it will cost in Yr 06 ley..

serrich,

I just gave birth last mth and my total bill was 6k. Like yours, mine was also induction then emer. epi csect. for 2 bedder. How come your 8k? Your doc charges very high?

Eileen,
Wow urs only $6k?! Yah i think cos my gynae charges are on the steep side. Also i was charged an extra nites' stay and i had longer dosage of epidural..

Serrich,

3K by medisave and 3K cash lor... my gynae charges was 2.2k, epidural $500(only used epi during op). My 1st pregnancy the epidural charges was $800 cos duration longer too (11+hrs of epi)
happy.gif

Eileen,
Thanks for sharing. At least I know roughly how much cash I need to fork out.

I think my previous bill was higher because my hospital stay happened to fall on weekend so the gynae & PD consultation charges are higher..

Hopefully this time round my total bill will be much lesser since my stay is from Wed-Fri.
happy.gif

Wow.. the bills are very high! I remember my bills only came up to $3K+ for a 1-bedder room. Mine is normal delivery with epidural.

my bill was $3K for single room normal delivery..

mamapanda,
yr bill is cheap! i remembered my first child was single room with epidural + 2 extra nites - $6K+.. with the juandice treatment..

hi all,

i was told that it is up to PD whether they are willing to split the bill between the bb and mother. any PD to recommend whom you know are willing to do that? (so that we can claim more medisave)

thanks

Wow so cheap? Last year September I booked a 3D2N package for normal delivery in 2-bedder room and paid $2600 for it (normal delivery, no epidural). If the price is like that now, I may reconsider Gleneagles again.

Ladies

My bill came up to $9k in total for induction, 12 hrs in labour ward then emergency c-section in Jul 07.

Total stay 5 days 4 nite..heart pain..medisave $3k plus, rest all cash.

micky
o dear.. tats really expensive!!
mine was $6k 5 days 4 nites. with epidural + vacuum
4 hrs in labour ward.. think i only used abit for epidural then i gave birth ardy..
happy.gif
tat was dec 04

ya lo, heart so pain! My friend just delivered in Raffles, bill came up to $7.8k and that's only for 2 bedder! Hers was elective c-section.

My first baby in glen e in oct 04, bill came up to $5k plus only, for 2 bedder elective c-section

Hi,

I am a Nov07 mummy to be... Anyone gave birth in gleneagles via Normal delivery without epidural? What is your bill size? Can share?

HI rachel,
my 2nd delivery last July 06..
Bill was $3k+ : Single Bedder, Normal birth, no epidural , no juandice + hb boarding

First Delivery was Dec04,
Bill was $6k+ : single bedder, epidural, vacumm, juandice, extra 2 nites.. + hb boarding

Hihi, does anyone know how much it cost for a 1-bedded with lodger for hubby (presuming normal delivery)? Saw it's about $2,200 for the 1-bedded but did not mention how much is charged for the extra logding by hubby. Also, are meals provided for hubby as well? Hee want to work out my budget now
happy.gif

p/s btw, if anyone has any experiences with the antenatal class at gleneagles, can share as well if it's good pls. Thanks!

sung
think hb lodging is $70 a day.
i paid $3000 for normal stay in single bedroom. no extension, no juandice, no epidural... (2006)

if hv everything, abt $6k..

i din take e antenatal classes. after gv birth they wld teach u how to shower BB n BF. if u cant attend during ur stay, can come bk again. i went for e shower class on the 7thday when bring bb bk for ck up

hi sung,

my stay was May 07 single bedded normal with epi.

hb lodging was $75 i think with 3 meals. $30 for 3 day carpark pass.

total bill was $5.3K. (this was including gynae charges for normal delivery and attendance fees).

I will be staying again in NOv 08...will share the cost with you after discharge. I just did my registration last week. The single bedded room charge increased this time. but other stuff no increase...

ok , I was just discharged from GlenE. I took Cesec with epidural. Stayed in 1 bedder standard. Total bill was slightly less than 10K. After CPF, we paid abt 6K plus in cash.

Thanks so much Ep, Fion, Kash and Missk for sharing
happy.gif

It's really good to know that they'll teach us how to bathe and BF the baby again. Hee even with the antenatal class, I'm not sure how much I can remember or would pick up :p

Oh Kash, do let me know after your stay in Nov k. Hee i'm due Mar 09 and this is my first birth so kinda anxious to know more hee
happy.gif

Wow Missk, your cost is really high. Hee totally exceed my budget now, looks like must save more to be better prepared. Btw, did Gleneagles provide the mummies with any take-away after the birth? I read elsewhere on this forum that Thomson Medical provides bb bathtub hee if Gleneagles also has, can save on that ;P

Thanks ladies!

Im a mtb too. Wanna share with everybody that Tollyjoy is having their warehouse sale from 21-23 Nov. 11am to 7pm @ 29 Changi South St 1.
happy.gif

sung,

i delivered last saturday. Natural with epidural. Took single bedded. total bill was $6,700. My gynae charges increased this year thats why so much higher than last year.

hi kash! hope you are recovering well and bb is doing great
happy.gif
thanks so much for sharing so quickly on the cost. must take good care and all the best to caring for your 2nd joy!

1845063.gif

innercloset,

my gynae's charges were slightly below $3100 for normal delivery, including attendance fees while i was in the hospital. Our total cash payout after CPF was about $4900

the price list for hospital charges is in their website. go check for latest. does not include gynae charge. that one you got to ask your gynae.

Just to share, my all in total bill came up to $5,1k, excluding gynae charge. I had a natural birth with epidural. Is tt expensive>

wow, emergency c-sect so exp? I just went for my check up yesterday. due date is in Sep09. My first delivery was c-sect at Thomson.. so now gynae recommended c-sect too, in case previous wound burst during natural delivery.. So sad to hear that as wanna to try natural
sad.gif
but now, hearing emergency c-sect so exp.. think I'll straight away opt for c-sect instead

Back