Very high free beta hcg levels

Zanzan

Hi, any Mommies who had very high free beta hcg levels in their blood test and this caused the risk of Down syndrome to be adjusted to very high risk? I had my risk adjusted to 1:7 (37yo currently, NT is 2.9mm, NB seen). Anyone was in a similar situation but baby turned out ok?

Hi Zan zan, i'm was in a similar situation but not exactly the same. My risk was 1:4 due to age (40yo) with NT of 2.7mm and absent NB, my free beta hcg and PAPPA-A however were normal levels. So i went ahead to do the NIPT, the results came out ok with a <1:10,000 chance of Down's. It was a horrible 10days of waiting for the results but I'm glad we took the next step. Now I'm at 24 weeks and the baby is growing well. Did your doctor provide further advice?

Hi Zan zan, i'm was in a similar situation but not exactly the same. My risk was 1:4 due to age (40yo) with NT of 2.7mm and absent NB, my free beta hcg and PAPPA-A however were normal levels. So i went ahead to do the NIPT, the results came out ok with a <1:10,000 chance of Down's. It was a horrible 10days of waiting for the results but I'm glad we took the next step. Now I'm at 24 weeks and the baby is growing well. Did your doctor provide further advice?
Hi, I have not met my Gynae since the scan and results were released to us. We decided to take the NIPT immediately on that day (25 Aug) and we r hoping to get favourable results. Which hospital do you go to and did you get your results via phone or through your gynae?

I'm at KKH and they scheduled for another scan, on 17 Sep, to check the baby's heart as an increased NT mayalso be due to heart issues. My gynae appt appt is on 23 Sept and there is no earlier available slots. The wait is horrible.

My gynae is at gleneagles though the scan was done at prental consultants at Mt E Novena. I did the blood test with my gynae's clinic. The results came in a bit earlier than expected, I did the panorama, blood sent on the 11th of June then my gynae called me on the 19th with the good news, we were so relieved. Your mind goes into all kinds of places and it's natural being a mum. Wishing for all the best for you.

My gynae is at gleneagles though the scan was done at prental consultants at Mt E Novena. I did the blood test with my gynae's clinic. The results came in a bit earlier than expected, I did the panorama, blood sent on the 11th of June then my gynae called me on the 19th with the good news, we were so relieved. Your mind goes into all kinds of places and it's natural being a mum. Wishing for all the best for you.
Thank you. Hope you have a safe and smooth delivery.

Back