TTC - Self artificial insemination

Jaczz

Hello all,

I have started TTC recently and would like to ask everyone if anyone tried the self insemination method to conceive? My SO have some problems with erection and he usually is not able to finish off inside me.

hi im currently trying! my so usually feels tired after work.. so BD on weekdays are hard. Dr koh my SO to ejaculate into a bottle and I self insemination using a syringe. Just tried for the first time.. as my opk test suggest that I'm ovulating soon. shall try one more time when I ovulate and 2 days after I ovulate. are you trying?

Hi! We did this quite a few times in our cycles. We also use preseed and soft cup to make sure the swimmers stay inside. We do this method when SO not really in the mood but for the sake of baby making he is “forced” to do it lol
No success so far tho and we are currently doing our first cycle of IUI. It is advised to BD after IUI so instead of BD we did this cos we both tired.

Hi! We did this quite a few times in our cycles. We also use preseed and soft cup to make sure the swimmers stay inside. We do this method when SO not really in the mood but for the sake of baby making he is “forced” to do it lol
No success so far tho and we are currently doing our first cycle of IUI. It is advised to BD after IUI so instead of BD we did this cos we both tired.

Hi im currently trying for the 1st cycle, with pre seed and menstrual cup. Yeah decided to try that.. so that we could catch the right days.. instead of just going about depending on mood.

We did fertility test, and I have ovarian cyst and SO has low sperm morphology. But other than that, all the rest are good. He said should not affect much on our fertility.

We haven't go for IUI, but I suspected that we just have to BD more often, but SO just always feel tired after work.. that's why doctor suggested us to use the syringe method.

Can I know how many times you did home insemination without success? I read that BD has a better chance of success. But I thought it is better than not trying.. lol.

Good luck on your IUI.. :)

Hi all! Thanks for your reply. I am trying too..just started last Dec. I am not sure how to get the self insemination kit! May i know which clinic or gynae do you all go to? I am thinking if i should head to do a fertility test first.. Good luck both!

Hi im currently trying for the 1st cycle, with pre seed and menstrual cup. Yeah decided to try that.. so that we could catch the right days.. instead of just going about depending on mood.

We did fertility test, and I have ovarian cyst and SO has low sperm morphology. But other than that, all the rest are good. He said should not affect much on our fertility.

We haven't go for IUI, but I suspected that we just have to BD more often, but SO just always feel tired after work.. that's why doctor suggested us to use the syringe method.

Can I know how many times you did home insemination without success? I read that BD has a better chance of success. But I thought it is better than not trying.. lol.

Hihi,

May i know what is BD?
I am using pre seed too! But not sure where to get the insemination syringe and cup.
My SO also.. He had low sex drive so it's hard for him as well.

We started last year may and till now no luck. We dont do it all the time tho maybe 3x during our fertile week and the rest we BD.
We also went for fertility check last november and so far all test came back okay. I suspect thin uterus lining because my period is very light and only last 2 days sometimes 3 but only spotting. Hopefully the IUI works this time
Yeah BD more better chance cos Its direct deposit lol but with the help of soft cup it can stay inside longer. Are you in your TWW?

Hi all! Thanks for your reply. I am trying too..just started last Dec. I am not sure how to get the self insemination kit! May i know which clinic or gynae do you all go to? I am thinking if i should head to do a fertility test first.. Good luck both!
I didnt buy the kit. I just bought 3ml syringe, pee cups that came with my hpt, pre seed, and then soft cup or mesntrual cup. You can buy them all online. Got mine from ******.
How long have you been trying to conceive? Its best you go for fertility check up. That way you know if have problem or not.

Hihi,

May i know what is BD?
I am using pre seed too! But not sure where to get the insemination syringe and cup.
BD means baby dance/sex.
You can buy syringe online and also the cup.

Hihi,

May i know what is BD?

Hi, the doctor just give us 1 small container with a lid and a small syringe. I can take a photo when I'm home. the syringe needs to be disposed everytime u use it. We bought more syringes at guardian.

The container he said can reuse but not to wash it with soap. Just water.

I also watched a clip on YouTube. She gives a very detailed step by step on how she got pregnant from home insemination. You can check it out.

Hope these will help u. Good luck!

We started last year may and till now no luck. We dont do it all the time tho maybe 3x during our fertile week and the rest we BD.
We also went for fertility check last november and so far all test came back okay. I suspect thin uterus lining because my period is very light and only last 2 days sometimes 3 but only spotting. Hopefully the IUI works this time
Yeah BD more better chance cos Its direct deposit lol but with the help of soft cup it can stay inside longer. Are you in your TWW?

thank you for sharing. I planned to try for 3 cycles before considering other options.. as we are turing 36 this year.

I also follow mama bethie suggestion to self stimulate till orgasm. Not sure if it is true, but it does make some sense since it's naturally to feel stimulated when BD.. so by doing that I feel that the body will be more receptive to the swimmers.. she also mentioned strong contractions from orgasm will increase the chance of swimmers getting to the egg. Lol. Anyway, just try lo.. since I have already spent time to do it.. must as well go all the way out. lol.

I also have pretty light menses, tho not as light as yours. 4 days menses.. heaviest on 2nd day, 3rd say will start to be much lighter in flow. 4th day just spotting.

I Havent get a soft cup, but I have menses cup which I used for menses. I think that is not as effective since it holds the swimmers further away from cervix.

I'm in my fertile window.. according to my opk test, but I have yet to ovulate. so just trying every 2 days now. or would you suggest every day?

thank you for sharing. I planned to try for 3 cycles before considering other options.. as we are turing 36 this year.

I also follow mama bethie suggestion to self stimulate till orgasm. Not sure if it is true, but it does make some sense since it's naturally to feel stimulated when BD.. so by doing that I feel that the body will be more receptive to the swimmers.. she also mentioned strong contractions from orgasm will increase the chance of swimmers getting to the egg. Lol. Anyway, just try lo.. since I have already spent time to do it.. must as well go all the way out. lol.

I also have pretty light menses, tho not as light as yours. 4 days menses.. heaviest on 2nd day, 3rd say will start to be much lighter in flow. 4th day just spotting.

I Havent get a soft cup, but I have menses cup which I used for menses. I think that is not as effective since it holds the swimmers further away from cervix.

I'm in my fertile window.. according to my opk test, but I have yet to ovulate. so just trying every 2 days now. or would you suggest every day?
Yes I also saw that video you posted. It helps and gives you detailed step by step. I believe a lot of single moms and lesbian couples do this method in helping them to conceive.
For me, once Im near my fertile week we do BD every other day. When my OPK turns positive we BD for the next three days straight. I dunno how effective it is as I havent conceive yet and Im doing my first cycle of IUI.

Hello guys , I'm new here ~ been trying since last April . No new for me after trying actively for almost 6mths which then got me really anxious and
we decided to do a fertility check up right away .

I've always been pretty healthy, ovulation and cycles are pretty on time.. but turn out I've got fibroids and the biggest is at 2.8cm . Hubby did his analysis , everything came out great ! Gyne then send me out for hsg test thankfully fallopian tube are not blocked and was then send home with letrozole 2.5mg in December 2020 which didn't really do much and then was prescribed with a higher dosage of letrozole 5mg for this cycle (January 2021). Did my ultrasound on cycle day 10, I have produce 2 eggs this time round~ of course we did what we had to and I'm currently in the midst of my 2weeks wait. I do think it's important to go for a check up so if any of you TTC and hasn't done one , please do seek for advice.

Anyways I'm superrrrrr anxious. Please pray for me.
Baby dust you ladies ~

Yes I also saw that video you posted. It helps and gives you detailed step by step. I believe a lot of single moms and lesbian couples do this method in helping them to conceive.
For me, once Im near my fertile week we do BD every other day. When my OPK turns positive we BD for the next three days straight. I dunno how effective it is as I havent conceive yet and Im doing my first cycle of IUI.

Thank you for sharing! :)

I think I shall try my best for 3 cycles and if nothing happens, I guess we will have to consult doctor again. But doc advise me to check my fallopian tubes (and clear it if it is block) and at the same time remove my ovarian cyst. He said could be done together.

After which, I may consider gg for IVF.. since im turning 36 this year.

Good luck on your IUI! I read that positive thinking is very important. Hope to hear good news from you soon!

I didnt buy the kit. I just bought 3ml syringe, pee cups that came with my hpt, pre seed, and then soft cup or mesntrual cup. You can buy them all online. Got mine from ******.
How long have you been trying to conceive? Its best you go for fertility check up. That way you know if have problem or not.
Ah i see. I just started trying since last Dec. But my SO not able to release inside me yet.. So i am quite disappointed and upset..so thinking of trying this method.

Hello guys , I'm new here ~ been trying since last April . No new for me after trying actively for almost 6mths which then got me really anxious and
we decided to do a fertility check up right away .

I've always been pretty healthy, ovulation and cycles are pretty on time.. but turn out I've got fibroids and the biggest is at 2.8cm . Hubby did his analysis , everything came out great ! Gyne then send me out for hsg test thankfully fallopian tube are not blocked and was then send home with letrozole 2.5mg in December 2020 which didn't really do much and then was prescribed with a higher dosage of letrozole 5mg for this cycle (January 2021). Did my ultrasound on cycle day 10, I have produce 2 eggs this time round~ of course we did what we had to and I'm currently in the midst of my 2weeks wait. I do think it's important to go for a check up so if any of you TTC and hasn't done one , please do seek for advice.

Anyways I'm superrrrrr anxious. Please pray for me.
Baby dust you ladies ~

Best of luck! Happy thoughts and try not to stress over it. Baby dust to you! Hope you will get your BFP soon!

Ah i see. I just started trying since last Dec. But my SO not able to release inside me yet.. So i am quite disappointed and upset..so thinking of trying this method.

I see, but it will be best to have a fertility check if you havent done so. Regretted that I did mine so late..

Wondering any good news from anyone here? I'm still on my 2WW...

Today should I should be having my menses, tho it is not here yet.

Most probably it's me trying to read too much into everything.. for every slight changes to my body I will wonder if if is signs of pregnancy symptoms. Does that happen to anyone here? I cant stop thinking about it..

Wondering any good news from anyone here? I'm still on my 2WW...

Today should I should be having my menses, tho it is not here yet.

Most probably it's me trying to read too much into everything.. for every slight changes to my body I will wonder if if is signs of pregnancy symptoms. Does that happen to anyone here? I cant stop thinking about it..
Happened to me too! I also read too much into it but for me, my menses came late that month. It's normal to think dont worry!

Hello jaczz perhaps a lot is on the mind, maybe ask your husband to don’t think of it as having the objective of having a baby, and maybe don’t tell him when is the fertile period so he don’t feel so stress. After a few times of success maybe he may feel more confident.

Hello jaczz perhaps a lot is on the mind, maybe ask your husband to don’t think of it as having the objective of having a baby, and maybe don’t tell him when is the fertile period so he don’t feel so stress. After a few times of success maybe he may feel more confident.
Thank you twinklemini. Yes i feel it's like he's stressed up..and he regretted trying only after 5 yrs without any intimacy because he thought having a baby is as easy as ABC. I am envious of those who are trying to get pregnant cos i cannot even start at the basic

Yes. The gynae taught us how to do it. I have tried few times no result so far.

Only got cramps after doing the insemination.

Back