Any private investigator to recommended?

Hi everyone. Felt dumb only to read reviews after engaging Kokusai. Signed him on sat. After receiving some photos n vid on wed, thurs no updates at all. Waiting for today to see if theres any updates. Only after reading the forum here then i realised i've been conned. He wasnt able to give me timely updates and gave me alot of excuses over the phone. Im giving up on this PI. Money burnt already also no choice.

Now im contemplating if i should still continue searching for new PI or just hang in there... i love my hub. I feel he still has a lil love for me yet i cant be sure if its true because the actions he does doesnt justify for sure.

May i hear some sharing on good PI, how many hours u guys have engaged and the price it was tagged to? What are the tasks that they had done for u?
its here.

a good read for many

More efforts to deal with maintenance defaulters

Source: Straits Times
Article Date: 01 Mar 2021
Author: Theresa Tan

Plans to boost enforcement regime include easing the process of serving summonses.

Men who fail to provide for their families could find it harder to dodge maintenance payments under plans by the authorities to strengthen the enforcement regime.
It is the latest effort to tackle the perennial problem of men who fail to support their children, former wives or even current wives, who can claim maintenance.
The Family Justice Courts (FJC) is "working with the Ministry of Social and Family Development to strengthen the maintenance enforcement regime, including facilitating the service of summonses", said Presiding Judge Debbie Ong in the FJC Workplan 2021 released last month.
While no other details were provided, family lawyers welcomed the move, saying some women had been struggling to get their maintenance payments for years.
While some men default on their maintenance payments because of financial difficulties, others refuse to pay for various reasons, such as to make life difficult for their former wives, the lawyers said.
Mrs Laura Hwang, spokesman for the Maintenance Support Central Committee, said: "Default of maintenance is a social problem affecting the quality of life and livelihood of families."
Maintenance Support Central, a centre which provides help to those facing problems getting maintenance, is run by the Singapore Council of Women's Organisations (SCWO).
Lawyer Rajan Chettiar said the enforcement procedure can be a cumbersome one, where the applicant may have to attend court on several occasions before an enforcement order is given.
The summons has to be served before the court can proceed with a trial. But some men go into hiding and so the summons cannot be served on them in person, said lawyer Dorothy Tan.
Hence, it is important that the authorities look into facilitating the serving of summonses to make the process easier, she added.
While the number of applications for the enforcement of maintenance orders fell from 2,290 in 2019 to 1,650 last year, this does not mean fewer women are struggling to get their payments, lawyers noted.
They said the pandemic has made things worse, with many workers suffering job losses and pay cuts.
Lawyer Malathi Das said one reason fewer women filed for an enforcement order is that they know the man is facing financial difficulties and they thus agreed to a temporary reduction in the maintenance sum or to explore payment by instalments.
Lawyer June Lim said some women know that if they file for an enforcement order after the man has lost his job or has had a pay cut, he may file an application to reduce the sum or suspend giving the maintenance until he finds a job.
So, instead of "wasting time and money going through the court system", she said, some couples agree on a change in the sum given themselves.
Also, Maintenance Support Central halted its maintenance applications operations last March and April during the pandemic. Mrs Hwang said this could have led to a drop in the number of enforcement applications last year.
Lawyer Ivan Cheong said some women may be too worn out by their recalcitrant former husbands' behaviour. "They will need to take time off work to attend court, present some evidence of non-payment, only to have the cycle repeated a few months later."
In 2011, the Women's Charter was amended to allow the courts to impose new sanctions beyond fines and imprisonment.
These include the court directing an employer to pay the maintenance from the defaulter's wages to the person owed it.
Complainants can also get a credit bureau to list the debt in a defaulter's credit report, which can be accessed by banks and financial institutions. This makes it tougher for a defaulter to take out loans, among other things.
To strengthen the maintenance enforcement regime, lawyers suggested simplifying the process and increasing the number of remedies that the courts could use to deal with defaulters.
Esther (not her real name) put up with her former husband, who refused to pay the $1,200-a-month maintenance for their three daughters, aged between eight and 15, for more than a year.
The final straw came when she saw from his credit card bills sent to her house that he had bought luxury items such as branded watches and a $5,000 Chanel bag.
Esther, a 45-year-old bank officer, who had divorced the financial adviser after discovering he was cheating on her, said: "He gave excuses that he has no money due to Covid. But if he has no money, how does he chalk up such large credit card bills?"
Esther went to the SCWO for help last October and applied for an enforcement order. Through a mediation session in court, they agreed that he would give her $600 a month - half the maintenance sum. He has to pay the other half at a later date.
Esther said he started to pay the maintenance after she filed for the enforcement order.

SINGAPORE

Court rejects husband's bid to divorce wife and marry another woman

Judge dismisses husband's claims of unreasonable behaviour by wife.

A judge refused husban'ds bid to get divorce so he can marry another woman, rejecting his claims of unreasonable behaviour by his wife, including no physical intimacy.
In a rare case, the judge said he was not convinced by the 47-year-old man's claims against his wife, 49.
"I accepted the (wife's) submission that (she) is not the unreasonable person the (husband) has made her out to be, and this was even taking into consideration the cumulative effect of her alleged behaviour," said District Judge Eugene Tay.
"(His) testimony that he is in love with (another woman) and is in a relationship with her, that he is renting an apartment with her at the material time, and that if he does not divorce the (wife) he cannot marry another woman speaks for itself," added the judge in decision grounds issued last month.
The couple were married in 1999 and have a son who was born in 2005.

The man works in a management position while she is a housewife. They lived together until end- 2018, when the man moved out
Two months later, he filed for divorce under the Women's Charter, claiming the wife behaved in such a way that he could not be reasonably expected to live with her.

He claimed she was short-tempered, verbally abusive to him and very disrespectful to his family. According to him, she had also failed to show sufficient care, affection and appreciation for him during the course of the marriage.
He claimed that over the last few years, she had increasingly declined to be physically intimate with him, and this had completely ceased since June 2018.
The wife, who contested the divorce, conceded that she had found difficulty in being physically intimate with him since June 2018, but the judge noted the man had testified he did not do anything to help with their intimacy, including seeking counselling or medical treatment for the wife.
The judge found "considerable doubt" over the extent to which the husband was genuinely concerned about it, "but more importantly, for the purpose of this case, whether the decline in physical intimacy between them actually made it unreasonable to expect him to live with her".
The husband further claimed his wife emotionally blackmailed him when he told her he wanted a divorce.
She also attempted suicide on two occasions in December 2018, and asked their son to confront him about his affair.
The judge noted the wife did not deny the incidents and said he did not condone her actions.
"However, her overall behaviour and actions should be seen in the context of her being told by the (husband) that he was having an extramarital affair, and that he intended to divorce her and abandon her and the child, all of which would invariably have deeply hurt and affected her, such that she became emotionally unstable," said the judge.

Rejecting the man's divorce bid, District Judge Tay said: "I accepted the (wife's) submission that the (husband) had failed to make out his case that (she) had behaved in such a way that he cannot reasonably be expected to live with her."
He also ordered the man to pay $11,000 in costs.
The husband, represented by lawyer Low Jin Liang, is appealing the decision.

SINGAPORE

Court rejects husband's bid to divorce wife and marry another woman

Judge dismisses husband's claims of unreasonable behaviour by wife.

A judge refused husban'ds bid to get divorce so he can marry another woman, rejecting his claims of unreasonable behaviour by his wife, including no physical intimacy.
In a rare case, the judge said he was not convinced by the 47-year-old man's claims against his wife, 49.
"I accepted the (wife's) submission that (she) is not the unreasonable person the (husband) has made her out to be, and this was even taking into consideration the cumulative effect of her alleged behaviour," said District Judge Eugene Tay.
"(His) testimony that he is in love with (another woman) and is in a relationship with her, that he is renting an apartment with her at the material time, and that if he does not divorce the (wife) he cannot marry another woman speaks for itself," added the judge in decision grounds issued last month.
The couple were married in 1999 and have a son who was born in 2005.

The man works in a management position while she is a housewife. They lived together until end- 2018, when the man moved out
Two months later, he filed for divorce under the Women's Charter, claiming the wife behaved in such a way that he could not be reasonably expected to live with her.

He claimed she was short-tempered, verbally abusive to him and very disrespectful to his family. According to him, she had also failed to show sufficient care, affection and appreciation for him during the course of the marriage.
He claimed that over the last few years, she had increasingly declined to be physically intimate with him, and this had completely ceased since June 2018.
The wife, who contested the divorce, conceded that she had found difficulty in being physically intimate with him since June 2018, but the judge noted the man had testified he did not do anything to help with their intimacy, including seeking counselling or medical treatment for the wife.
The judge found "considerable doubt" over the extent to which the husband was genuinely concerned about it, "but more importantly, for the purpose of this case, whether the decline in physical intimacy between them actually made it unreasonable to expect him to live with her".
The husband further claimed his wife emotionally blackmailed him when he told her he wanted a divorce.
She also attempted suicide on two occasions in December 2018, and asked their son to confront him about his affair.
The judge noted the wife did not deny the incidents and said he did not condone her actions.
"However, her overall behaviour and actions should be seen in the context of her being told by the (husband) that he was having an extramarital affair, and that he intended to divorce her and abandon her and the child, all of which would invariably have deeply hurt and affected her, such that she became emotionally unstable," said the judge.

Rejecting the man's divorce bid, District Judge Tay said: "I accepted the (wife's) submission that the (husband) had failed to make out his case that (she) had behaved in such a way that he cannot reasonably be expected to live with her."
He also ordered the man to pay $11,000 in costs.
The husband, represented by lawyer Low Jin Liang, is appealing the decision.
What a bastard!!!

is this what we want in our society. the man enjoying his life and the wife had to undergo the stress of sharing her husband and explaining to his children the moral of the marriage!
is this what we want in our society. the man enjoying his life and the wife had to undergo the stress of sharing her husband and explaining to his children the moral of the marriage!
mmexport1621832482490.jpeg

Hi ladies. I have a suspicion that my husband is doing weird things behind my back. I can’t really afford a professional PI, cos I enquired with some and it’s around $10k with no guarantee of results.

I kinda just need someone to just go to a certain location and follow him to wherever he’s headed to (via public transport). So max will only take about 1 hour. Will provide details later. I can even pay u a small fee ($100-200) to cover your transport etc.

Wondering if there’s any lady out there with a similar predicament, so we can help each other out.
Personally I’m self employed, and my timing is very flexible. I can follow somebody, and take photos/ videos very discreetly.

Pls DM me if you’d like to collaborate.

Hi ladies. I have a suspicion that my husband is doing weird things behind my back. I can’t really afford a professional PI, cos I enquired with some and it’s around $10k with no guarantee of results.

I kinda just need someone to just go to a certain location and follow him to wherever he’s headed to (via public transport). So max will only take about 1 hour. Will provide details later. I can even pay u a small fee ($100-200) to cover your transport etc.

Wondering if there’s any lady out there with a similar predicament, so we can help each other out.
Personally I’m self employed, and my timing is very flexible. I can follow somebody, and take photos/ videos very discreetly.

Pls DM me if you’d like to collaborate.

Sound like a scam. Be careful !!!

Sound like a scam. Be careful !!!

Err how is it a scam? Scam what exactly? I am not asking anyone for $, in fact I’m offering to pay a small fee.

I thought about this because I’m pretty sure other ladies may be in a similar situation and just need someone to follow their SO to take pics/ videos.
Just because I am new here, doesn’t mean I’m a scammer. So insulting!
No wonder ppl avoid forums because it’s so damn toxic.

do you know its illegal to do this? you do know have a PI licence you are not supose to follow other and take photo or video.

forum are never toxic but some people who dont know the law and regulation are toxic

Hello all, I'm looking for a PI, hoping that someone would be able to share with me the contacts of a reliable PI. TIA!

Hi,
I would like to ask whoever has engaged a PI.

1)What are the charges like?
2) normally what are the next steps if u flash the evidence to ur spouse? Does it usually means divorce? I have kids and I am suspecting my hub and his Co worker.
3) If PI only got pics of them together but not strong evidence like hugging /kissing or stuff. Does it means the pictures will be 'useless?'

Thank you

Hi,
I would like to ask whoever has engaged a PI.

1)What are the charges like?
2) normally what are the next steps if u flash the evidence to ur spouse? Does it usually means divorce? I have kids and I am suspecting my hub and his Co worker.
3) If PI only got pics of them together but not strong evidence like hugging /kissing or stuff. Does it means the pictures will be 'useless?'

Thank you
Hi dear,

The charges really depends on the hours involved.
It really depend what’s ur objectives with the evidence obtained.
Pictures with hugging and kisses I think it’s strong enough to proof the adultery.
U truly need to sort out ur thoughts what you want to achieve and how to move on after that

Hi dear,

The charges really depends on the hours involved.
It really depend what’s ur objectives with the evidence obtained.
Pictures with hugging and kisses I think it’s strong enough to proof the adultery.
U truly need to sort out ur thoughts what you want to achieve and how to move on after that

You are right in most of it but kissing and hugging does not constitute adultery.
Adultery evidence need to prove sex have taken place.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

Back