Anyone doing IVF in 2020?

Just to share that I had 10 retrieved, 1 b grade (which is successful) and left 1 c grade currently frozen this time. Initially 4 managed to fertilised by the ET date but then later was told that only the 1 c grade made it to day 6 to be frozen.
Yup, try again. I did many rounds of clomids which did not succeed too. Also a failed IUI and FT. Thankfully both my fresh ivf cycle worked for me with grade b day 5 blastocyst. So ya, don’t lost hope!
Hi, did you manage to get a BFP?

Hi ladies, any idea if you can get HL during ur 1st trimester? Im currently 6 weeks plus but started nausea & vomiting with dizziness.. will be going for a scan this Wednesday.. really keen to rest n less movement.. o_O

Just some sharing on my TTC progress. I went to do HSG at NUH this Thursday, even though i read about a lot of horror stories online before going (e.g. fainting, extreme pain and vomiting etc), the actual procedure was quite a smooth one without much unbearable pain. It was more like a prolonged "pap smear" and the whole procedure took around 30 minutes to finish. The NUH staff and doctors are all very nice and there was only 5 min waiting time, and everything went well. My results show that both tubes are open and maybe that's why there was not that much pain. I also took one tablet of Panadol 30 minutes before the procedure and maybe it helped relief any discomfort or pain.

Then I went to see prof PC Wong on Friday and decided on the plan to try one IUI first and if it fails (most likely as the success rate is only 8%), i will proceed to IVF straight after IUI. I asked him what type of protocol to go with, and he said short protocol. I asked him why i will go with short protocol, then he said short protocol is what NUH standard is now, and 85% of the plans are short protocol due to less jabs involved. I also discussed with another friend who is currently doing IVF with Prof Wong and she also went through short protocol. It feels more like a factory line now that there is a standard process to go with and doctor will uncover any problems along the way and customize the plan afterwards.

I did discuss with Prof if i should try to SO IUI or normal IUI, and he said SO IUI is almost like a IVF process (just without the ER part), so it makes more sense to go with IVF compared to SO IUI as IVF has higher success rate. I think this part makes sense for me as if I am going to take a lot of injections, I hope to suffer this 14 days of jabs for once only as IVF has a higher success rate.

Anyway I am feeling quite relaxed now after I decide on the journey towards advance science. IVF does not guarantee 100% success rate and I am mentally prepared for a few rounds of attempts. But at least it gives a more defined timeline on what to expect and you feel like you are in good hands with professional medical experts to accompany you go through the journey.
Hi, did you manage to concieve after first cycle of ivf?

Hi, anyone who have experienced OHSS during their 2 week wait. I have sudden mensus cramp but it stop and i am feeling tightness in my tummy as if i have finish doing 100 sit ups.

Hi ladies, I have these for sale as I’m done with my ivf journey

- Duphaston 20tab/box at $20 (2 boxes available). Expiry Feb 2024
- to bless 2x proluton 250mg (expiry Aug 2022) with above purchase

Self collect from 288408 or top up for mailing

Attachments

• A542914A-22C1-468E-99D3-9D4AC13130D0.jpeg
    A542914A-22C1-468E-99D3-9D4AC13130D0.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 191
Would like to find how typically how many cycles of rest after 1 fresh cycle will another fresh cycle takes place? My 1st fresh did not yield gd quality embryos to be transferred or frozen.
You will probably need to find out the cause - is it poor egg quality or poor sperm quality or both. Thereafter, you need to prep your body and lifestyle for 2-3 months.

U can put in the vegetables compartment nt as cold as the nurse advise me
According to my doctor... It cannot be cold. You will need to take the medication out 30 mins prior to injecting. I keep my medication in a insulin pouch, open it and take it out 30 mins prior to injection. There are ice packs in the pouch to keep the medication cold and not yield to room temperature too quickly.

U can put in the vegetables compartment nt as cold as the nurse advise me
I think you better check with your doctor. I noticed that nurses in Singapore don’t have a lot of knowledge. They make guesses. I am currently doing my IVF in the United States and have been told repeatedly that the medication cannot be cold (but yet not at room temperature). I keep my medication in an insulin pouch that has ice packs in it and store it and the below compartment. I take my medication out 30 mins prior to injecting.

Last edited:
Hi Azasha, can we soak feet in hot water hours before FET to prepare ourselves? I read that it’s not recommended to soak or use hear pack after FET. Have you read of such? Thanks.
No hot packs.. no feet soaking in hot water.. No sauna or any sort. It can cause birth defects or miscarriage if you are pregnant.

Hello everyone... im new here.. turning 37 soon..
been trying ttc but no success... have booked an appt in nov at KKH... a frd recommended Dr Jerry..
thinking of doing ivf straight... any advise how to prep the body ?
Before starting my IVF (doing it in the United States), my dietician advised a Mediterranean diet. My reproductive endocrinologist also had me take prenatal vitamin (need to have at least 1mg folate) or you can take a separate dose of folate (you can google why folate and not folic acid) and prenatal omega. This practice was started 2 months before my ivf.

I
Hi, anyone doing long protocol with lucrin and waiting for period to arrive to start stimulation?
I am on that protocol. Lupron 10IU till menses.. Continue with 10IU until given the go ahead for stim. Drop to 5IU. I’m doing 300IU Gonal-f and 150iu Menopur.

Thanks, will look through and find the post
I was actually advised to cut on dairy and go for more natural whole foods . However yes, obtain protein from eggs, chicken.. and eat low mercury fish. Posted the chart from my doctor for fish. I’m doing my ivf in the US that’s why the chart is stating FDA.

Attachments

• DF715182-ACED-4059-8CDC-3371E0FF8C49.png
    DF715182-ACED-4059-8CDC-3371E0FF8C49.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 276
Hello! I just want to give a shout out to all of us in this TTC journey. I've been trying since 2013 but decided on IVF in 2017 and I finally had my good news yesterday.

First Frozen ET cycle (early cavitation embryo) in May 2018, failed.
Second Frozen ET cycle (9 cell embryo) in Oct 2020, Positive!

What i did during my 2WW
- day before transfer, I had wet cupping session for fertility
- my diet was mainly fish, salmon, chicken or anything white meat. Vege like spinach and brocoli. Alternate chicken essence and longan red date. Snacked on Brazil nuts and anything citrus fruits like oranges and grapefruit in between. (The things I ate are heaty which I heard is good for the womb)
- avoid cold food like cucumber, kang kong or fruits like watermelon and definitely no raw food and caffeine, just hot milo every morning.
- this time round, I wore Aulora pants for blood circulation and socks to sleep.
- was on HL so I spent my days relaxing, watching k dramas, read books and went for a short walk in the morning (after few days post transfer) for a good blood circulation.

On my 8dp3dt, I felt period like cramps and my boobs were sore thinking AF is here. POAS but negative cos I was just curious. Tsk. Bad move! Never ever test TOO early.

On 10dp3dt, the cramps were so intense and boobs were super sore I almost gave up. I wanted to cry thinking this is gonna be another failed cycle. I POAS and left it at the sink, did my noon prayer, cried and asked Him to trust me with a child. Came back minutes later and I saw a faint line!

On 11-13dp3dt, cramps were mild but boobs were still sore, had the strangest dream, broke into cold sweats late night. POAS, and this time the faint line is even darker!

Still in denial if I am pregnant, I waited for my beta on 14dp3dt and the nurse confirmed that I am pregnant with the result of 525.7 IU/L. *happy tears*

Ladies, please never give up! Trust in His timings.

Anyone on a ivf cycle? This is my first cycle (after a failed SO-IUI in Singapore). I am currently doing it in the United States and am on my 4th day of stim (Gonal-f 300iu + Menopur 150iu + Lupron 5iu). My baseline scan and estrogen level was all clear - no cysts etc. Hubby and me also did several genetic tests and blood tests prior and all clear. Going for my scan tomorrow morning and estrogen level blood test tomorrow. Hopefully I’ll get a good number of follicles! We are intending to do ICSI for a higher chance of fertilization (recommended by friends who have done IVF), proceed with 1 fresh transfer and PGS/PGT-A on the rest of the blastocysts prior to freezing. Our thoughts are that since we are on this route, might as well do the full suite (not doing PGT-M) as we have no major concerns with family history and our genetic tests are all all clear.

The number of injections are intimidating but it was pretty painless.. Rub ice around the tummy area you are injecting for like 10-15s.. Make sure it’s clean ice. Clean with alcohol swab thereafter and inject. You won’t even feel the needle pricking you. I’m only on day 4 of my stim but have been pricking myself for the last 16 days as I am doing Lupron first while waiting for my menses.

Last edited:
Anyone premixed Menopur in advanced? The nurse said it can be premixed and also must be kept in the fridge. Now i'm confused after reading online... pls advice

Anyone premixed Menopur in advanced? The nurse said it can be premixed and also must be kept in the fridge. Now i'm confused after reading online... pls advice
For my last cycle at KK, the nurse premixed Menopur for me. The vial was for multi-dose and I used each vial over a few days. I kept it in the fridge. If I recall correctly, when you purchase the medicines from KK pharmacy, there is a label on the medicine that does say "keep refrigerated".

Anyone on a ivf cycle? This is my first cycle (after a failed SO-IUI in Singapore). I am currently doing it in the United States and am on my 4th day of stim (Gonal-f 300iu + Menopur 150iu + Lupron 5iu). My baseline scan and estrogen level was all clear - no cysts etc. Hubby and me also did several genetic tests and blood tests prior and all clear. Going for my scan tomorrow morning and estrogen level blood test tomorrow. Hopefully I’ll get a good number of follicles! We are intending to do ICSI for a higher chance of fertilization (recommended by friends who have done IVF), proceed with 1 fresh transfer and PGS/PGT-A on the rest of the blastocysts prior to freezing. Our thoughts are that since we are on this route, might as well do the full suite (not doing PGT-M) as we have no major concerns with family history and our genetic tests are all all clear.

The number of injections are intimidating but it was pretty painless.. Rub ice around the tummy area you are injecting for like 10-15s.. Make sure it’s clean ice. Clean with alcohol swab thereafter and inject. You won’t even feel the needle pricking you. I’m only on day 4 of my stim but have been pricking myself for the last 16 days as I am doing Lupron first while waiting for my menses.
Hi there,
I just ended my first cycle. Unfortunately, this ICSI cycle failed. The embryos did not reach the cleavage & blastocyst stages.

Was on a antagonist protocol and was prescribed
Gonal F 300 IU
Cetrotide 250mg
Pergoveris 150IU

Should be trying another cycle and will be meeting the doctor for a review tomorrow.

On a side note, I did not experience major side effects from the prescribed hormonal drugs and thought i went through the stimm stage in quite a breeze. Moreover, I did what i could in due dilligence to prep the body before going through this cycle. Not too sure what exactly went wrong.

And it made me realised going through the IVF treatment is like a journey of faith & endurance..almost like running a marathon. *Jiayou! to all who is currently going through your IVF journey *

Last edited:
Hi there,
I just ended my first cycle. Unfortunately, this ICSI cycle failed. The embryos did not reach the cleavage & blastocyst stages.

Gonal F 300 IU
Cetrotide 250mg
Pergoveris 150IU

Should be trying another cycle and will be meeting the doctor for a review tomorrow.

On a side note, I did not experience major side effects from the prescribed hormonal drugs and thought i went through the stimm stage in quite a breeze. Moreover, I did what i could in due dilligence to prep the body before going through this cycle. Not too sure what exactly went wrong.

And it made me realised going through the IVF treatment is like a journey of faith & endurance..almost like running a marathon. *Jiayou! to all who is currently going through your IVF journey *
Hi, sorry to hear and big hugs!

Don't mind me asking, do u mean u didn't have embryos to freeze or transfered but didn't implant?

Last edited:

Hi, I'm D2 of stimulations on a similar protocol - Lucin 10IU + Puregon 150IU + Menopur 150IU + Zomacton (growth hormone) 40IU. I've been on 3 weeks of Lucrin before this week, and introducing the Zomacton just last week for one week before stimulations. Will have to continue with Lucrin and Zomacton throughout stimulation phase.

Hi, anyone who have experienced OHSS during their 2 week wait. I have sudden mensus cramp but it stop and i am feeling tightness in my tummy as if i have finish doing 100 sit ups.
I had it during my 1st cycle dear.. it was super bad that i cant pee nor poop.. u really need to drink lots of warm water and pee frequently... The nurses mentioned that nearing to the end of your TWW, OHSS can still crawl back and does it dirty tricks... Take in more Tofu, chicken & soya milk drink to help with the OHSS dear... Take care!

I had it during my 1st cycle dear.. it was super bad that i cant pee nor poop.. u really need to drink lots of warm water and pee frequently... The nurses mentioned that nearing to the end of your TWW, OHSS can still crawl back and does it dirty tricks... Take in more Tofu, chicken & soya milk drink to help with the OHSS dear... Take care!
Thanks dear! I did see my doctor just now and at 8dpt5dpt my hcg is 195, doctor mention because of the pregnancy ohss come to visit me, also i transfer 2 blast. Was encouraged to eat more egg white and drink ensure. Will review again tomorrow

Thanks dear! I did see my doctor just now and at 8dpt5dpt my hcg is 195, doctor mention because of the pregnancy ohss come to visit me, also i transfer 2 blast. Was encouraged to eat more egg white and drink ensure. Will review again tomorrow
Congrats dear!!! May it be a smooth 9 months for you! :) Yup egg whites as well! Forget to mentioned that.. hehehe.. cramps are normal but it will go off slightly after ur 5 - 6 weeks.. take care! May it double beautifully!! :)

Last edited:
Congrats dear!!! May it be a smooth 9 months for you! :) Yup egg whites as well! Forget to mentioned that.. hehehe.. cramps are normal but it will go off slightly after ur 5 - 6 weeks.. take care! May it double beautifully!! :)
Thanks for the tips will definitely follow through! Yes looking forward to see the numbers double up too was suprise with the number today.

Hello! I just want to give a shout out to all of us in this TTC journey. I've been trying since 2013 but decided on IVF in 2017 and I finally had my good news yesterday.

First Frozen ET cycle (early cavitation embryo) in May 2018, failed.
Second Frozen ET cycle (9 cell embryo) in Oct 2020, Positive!

What i did during my 2WW
- day before transfer, I had wet cupping session for fertility
- my diet was mainly fish, salmon, chicken or anything white meat. Vege like spinach and brocoli. Alternate chicken essence and longan red date. Snacked on Brazil nuts and anything citrus fruits like oranges and grapefruit in between. (The things I ate are heaty which I heard is good for the womb)
- avoid cold food like cucumber, kang kong or fruits like watermelon and definitely no raw food and caffeine, just hot milo every morning.
- this time round, I wore Aulora pants for blood circulation and socks to sleep.
- was on HL so I spent my days relaxing, watching k dramas, read books and went for a short walk in the morning (after few days post transfer) for a good blood circulation.

On my 8dp3dt, I felt period like cramps and my boobs were sore thinking AF is here. POAS but negative cos I was just curious. Tsk. Bad move! Never ever test TOO early.

On 10dp3dt, the cramps were so intense and boobs were super sore I almost gave up. I wanted to cry thinking this is gonna be another failed cycle. I POAS and left it at the sink, did my noon prayer, cried and asked Him to trust me with a child. Came back minutes later and I saw a faint line!

On 11-13dp3dt, cramps were mild but boobs were still sore, had the strangest dream, broke into cold sweats late night. POAS, and this time the faint line is even darker!

Still in denial if I am pregnant, I waited for my beta on 14dp3dt and the nurse confirmed that I am pregnant with the result of 525.7 IU/L. *happy tears*

Ladies, please never give up! Trust in His timings.
I was advised by mine not to premix as it affects its efficiency. I do it fresh every night.

Hi, I'm D2 of stimulations on a similar protocol - Lucin 10IU + Puregon 150IU + Menopur 150IU + Zomacton (growth hormone) 40IU. I've been on 3 weeks of Lucrin before this week, and introducing the Zomacton just last week for one week before stimulations. Will have to continue with Lucrin and Zomacton throughout stimulation phase.
Yeaps, I am also continuing with lower dosage of Lupron (I think it’s called Lupron too).. Basically to prevent premature ovulation. I was on lupron for about 10 days prior to the start of stims too. All the best! Eat healthy! I’m not doing puregon as it gave me ‘throbbing’ headaches during my first IUI in Dec 2019.

Hi there,

Gonal F 300 IU
Cetrotide 250mg
Pergoveris 150IU

Jiayou! Maybe try and alter your diet and lifestyle to achieve a higher egg quality. I did a few months of preps on diet and vitamins before going for ivf.

Jiayou! Maybe try and alter your diet and lifestyle to achieve a higher egg quality. I did a few months of preps on diet and vitamins before going for ivf.
Thanks! Sigh, I’m practically on a watchful diet , TCm and even went gluten free. Don’t really know what went wrong but keeping my Chin up for the next one. Let’s Jiayou!

Thanks! Sigh, I’m practically on a watchful diet , TCm and even went gluten free. Don’t really know what went wrong but keeping my Chin up for the next one. Let’s Jiayou!

Hugs. Trust that your doctor will be able to identify the issue and help you to yield a better outcome in your next cycle. Meanwhile, continue to prepare your body to embrace a new cycle.

Hi ladies! Need some advice here! I have gotten a bfp and scheduled for a scan on week6day 3. In the scan only managed to see yolk sac but no fetal pole and heartbeat :(

anyone experienced the same? Positive stories to share? Isit too early? Am scheduled for another scan next mon..

Gluten free are for people who are celiac and it will only work if you are 100% gluten free for a long period of time. It actually stresses you up even more by making you check to ensure it’s gluten free. I remembered i did a toxins test 2 years ago and found my body to have lots of toxins - heavy metals, chemicals etc etc. I think it’s only available in the US. Actually you won’t need to do it to know you have toxins. As long as we are human beings on this earth, we will not be spared from it. At that time, I was even diagnosed as “PCOS”.. However, I made huge lifestyle changes a little by a little.. Drinking purified water (got a water filter) was my first step, cut down a lot of eating out (started preparing my own meals - more greens, beans/legumes/lentils; cut down on red meat; more low mercury fish and chicken)... I got rid of plastic (chemicals in that leech onto your food) too! I also slowly switched out my facial products and make up. Every little bit counts, just do it bit by bit. As of 2019 dec, my “PCOS” kinda disappeared - verified by doctors in Singapore and I also did a check up in the US.

Today is my follow up scan for IVF (day 5 stims), my follicle count is normal (PCOS would be seeing > 25 follicles and even up to 40). More follicles does not mean good quality. We decided to go for IVF as my husband don’t have a lot of good swimmers and isn’t very young (he is 41). His sperm count is normal but motility is very meh. It used to be like 2.7-3 mil and improved to 5.5-5.7 mil after feeding him vitamins for the last 3 months. He’s more stubborn so he only takes purified water, vitamins and whatever shampoo/soap I put in the toilet. It is still WFH for us so I guess home cooked meals are helping him too.

Last edited:
Any one experienced delay of the 2nd period after IVF? Mine was due last week and yet no sign until today.
confirm not pregnant cos didn't do anything lol.

Hi ladies! Need some advice here! I have gotten a bfp and scheduled for a scan on week6day 3. In the scan only managed to see yolk sac but no fetal pole and heartbeat :(

anyone experienced the same? Positive stories to share? Isit too early? Am scheduled for another scan next mon..
Hi dear... It may still be early... Some don't even hear the heartbeat until week 7 of pregnancy.. a few days different does makes a difference.. don't panic or worry alright.. make sure you take your folic acid & progesterone tab if they were prescribed to u.. keep yourself hydrated alright.. may the next scan brings a better view! :)

Last edited:
Gluten free are for people who are celiac and it will only work if you are 100% gluten free for a long period of time. It actually stresses you up even more by making you check to ensure it’s gluten free. I remembered i did a toxins test 2 years ago and found my body to have lots of toxins - heavy metals, chemicals etc etc. I think it’s only available in the US. Actually you won’t need to do it to know you have toxins. As long as we are human beings on this earth, we will not be spared from it. At that time, I was even diagnosed as “PCOS”.. However, I made huge lifestyle changes a little by a little.. Drinking purified water (got a water filter) was my first step, cut down a lot of eating out (started preparing my own meals - more greens, beans/legumes/lentils; cut down on red meat; more low mercury fish and chicken)... I got rid of plastic (chemicals in that leech onto your food) too! I also slowly switched out my facial products and make up. Every little bit counts, just do it bit by bit. As of 2019 dec, my “PCOS” kinda disappeared - verified by doctors in Singapore and I also did a check up in the US.

Today is my follow up scan for IVF (day 5 stims), my follicle count is normal (PCOS would be seeing > 25 follicles and even up to 40). More follicles does not mean good quality. We decided to go for IVF as my husband don’t have a lot of good swimmers and isn’t very young (he is 41). His sperm count is normal but motility is very meh. It used to be like 2.7-3 mil and improved to 5.5-5.7 mil after feeding him vitamins for the last 3 months. He’s more stubborn so he only takes purified water, vitamins and whatever shampoo/soap I put in the toilet. It is still WFH for us so I guess home cooked meals are helping him too.
I do not have celiac disease but i do have endometriosis issue thus i went gluten/sugar free. I think we all want the best possible chance of becoming preggie and i do agree with you on taking a wholesome holistic approach to health & well being..whatever you deemed will work to improve/boost egg quality for the ivf treatment, ultimately to give you the best possible chance of conceiving and having a healthy pregnancy.

I do not have celiac disease but i do have endometriosis issue thus i went gluten/sugar free. I think we all want the best possible chance of becoming preggie and i do agree with you on taking a wholesome holistic approach to health & well being..whatever you deemed will work to improve/boost egg quality for the ivf treatment, ultimately to give you the best possible chance of conceiving and having a healthy pregnancy.
I see. Yups. It is also important to cut out sugar. I also stopped having sugar and used substitutes. My fav substitute is the monk fruit sugar (from luo han guo). However yea, after trying out many diets and all for years... The holistic approach turns out to be the one that improved my condition by a lot. In 2016, I had a lot of tiny cysts around my ovaries so it was determined right away as PCOS. All my scans since my last IUI (done in SG in 2019 dec) and all my checkups thereafter and current ivf (in the US) - zero signs of PCOS.. The most wonderful thing ever! I did a lot of work to cut out on environmental stress... Physical stress was tougher due to my job nature but I squeezed in gym time and meditation. Jiayou! You can do it! My cousin has endometriosis and successfully got pregnant (super adorable healthy baby girl now) - also did the more holistic approach but cut out a lot of stress (her job was very stressful so she took a few months of break and then took a paycut for a less stressful job). There are many ways, just have to find things that suit you and do it at your own pace. I was fortunate to be under a guidance of a naturopathic doctor (formerly a medical doctor too) and had a lot of encouragement and tips to slowly change my lifestyle.

Hi everyone! A lil bit of my background - I’ve used up 3 fresh and 3 frozen cycles at gov hosp. No more fundings left for me... wanted to check if anyone was ever successful in appealing for additional funding from MOH beyond the 3 rounds? Thanks in advance!

Back