IUI

Hi Vanexxy,

i have done IUI before.
Quite a simple & painless procedure.
I guess how successful is it depends on your egg quality, husband sperm quality & whether your tubes are in good condition.
hope this helps.

Anyone is going for IUI or have done IUI? How successful is it?
If you Google "is iui waste of time", there are many articles that says yes.

I went thru SO-IUI myself that included daily jabs etc. It is an absolute waste of time considering it is 10% or lesser chance of conceiving. It is similar to natural conception (sex) but just that in Iui they place sperm closer to Where they should be. See below quote I found.

--------IUI, commonly referred to as artificial insemination, is the process of taking your partner’s sperm and manually placing it, through a catheter, at your cervix, directly into your uterus. Doing this puts the sperm closer to where they need to be to increase chances of conception. https ://www. conceiveivf.com/b-method/iui-vs-ivf-right

In the first place, if I have timed sex for more than a year and it doesn't work, why would placing sperm closer works?

Very rarely anyone conceive with first try of IUI. Only read 1 or 2 cases here recently out of so many cases? After I had my first round of failed IUI, I have lesser fighting spirit to go thru more IVf rounds (which actually has much higher success rate) because the unnecessary jabs during IUI cycle give me some sort of injection phobia.

To me, it is a waste of precious time, effort and money which could be channel into more effective procedure such as ivf

I'm having my iui in a few days time. I'm on 28yo but I'm a little nervous don't know if this works. And I also having a problem with KKH. Asking them to give me 3 days of mc. For me to rest at home. Due to my work use alot of standing up and running. The Nurses told me they only allowed to give 1 day HL.

Did anyone encounter this problem before?

I'm having my iui in a few days time. I'm on 28yo but I'm a little nervous don't know if this works. And I also having a problem with KKH. Asking them to give me 3 days of mc. For me to rest at home. Due to my work use alot of standing up and running. The Nurses told me they only allowed to give 1 day HL.

Did anyone encounter this problem before?
Hey! I just did IUI at KKH and yes they only cover with 1 day HL bcos it's a simple and non invasive procedure. After tt the nurse advised me to resume life and daily activities as per normal. Just avoid strenuous activities/exercise.

Hey! I just did IUI at KKH and yes they only cover with 1 day HL bcos it's a simple and non invasive procedure. After tt the nurse advised me to resume life and daily activities as per normal. Just avoid strenuous activities/exercise.
How was the iui procedure? And have you gotten your iui results?

Hi Everyone! Will like to know if anyone has done their IUI/SO-IUI at KKH before? How long does it take for them to call or set up the IUI appointment for us?

I’m asking because it has been almost to two weeks since my last gynae appt. The nurse told me to call the IVF clinic after 3 working days if no one calls me back. So I did call them and they asked me to wait for their call.

I’m pretty anxious now because I just want to get this so-iui done and move on to IVF asap. I read the success rate for SO-IUI and its very very low. The doctor insisted us to do the iui at least once.

Hi Everyone! Will like to know if anyone has done their IUI/SO-IUI at KKH before? How long does it take for them to call or set up the IUI appointment for us?

I’m asking because it has been almost to two weeks since my last gynae appt. The nurse told me to call the IVF clinic after 3 working days if no one calls me back. So I did call them and they asked me to wait for their call.

I’m pretty anxious now because I just want to get this so-iui done and move on to IVF asap. I read the success rate for SO-IUI and its very very low. The doctor insisted us to do the iui at least once.
Hi, I just done my IUI last Saturday. I have no issues with the kkivf centre. They, called asking me to come down for a consent appointment before the iui. It takes 2 weeks normally.

Hi, i did my IUI at KKH at the start of this month. I didnt have issues getting the IUI appointment but my IVF one. Quite similar to yours, said they would call me back by a weeks time but no call. So I called them and they still insisted that I just wait for a call back. I was firm and told her I can't keep waiting or else everything will be delayed. I got a call back later that day and got my appointment scheduled 1.5 weeks later.

I feel that you need to be firm when they start telling you to just wait for a call or alternatively, you can write a feedback through their website. The nurse manager handling the feedback/complaint is very prompt at replying and very nice too.

Dislike to read about another doctor insisting patient to go through SO-IUI, let me guess, is it a young male doctor? So easy for these people to insist when it's not their time money and tears

Hi, I just done my IUI last Saturday. I have no issues with the kkivf centre. They, called asking me to come down for a consent appointment before the iui. It takes 2 weeks normally.

thank you for sharing! Do you need to attend any briefing prior to your iui treatment?

Hi, i did my IUI at KKH at the start of this month. I didnt have issues getting the IUI appointment but my IVF one. Quite similar to yours, said they would call me back by a weeks time but no call. So I called them and they still insisted that I just wait for a call back. I was firm and told her I can't keep waiting or else everything will be delayed. I got a call back later that day and got my appointment scheduled 1.5 weeks later.

I feel that you need to be firm when they start telling you to just wait for a call or alternatively, you can write a feedback through their website. The nurse manager handling the feedback/complaint is very prompt at replying and very nice too.
Thank you! I will do that now.

Hello ladies,

I have been ttc for 3 years and no luck yet. Did some check together with hubby and found out my amh level is Low. No block tube and sa test for hubby is ok. Gynae advised us to do so iui. What’s the difference between iui and so iui? I read some other posts they said it’s only proven 18-20% chance of pregnancy if doing iui so I’m a bit confused. Anyone success with so iui? What’s the procedure? Do I need to take blood test ?
I’m with dr Sheila loh- raffles btw

I done my iui at kk twice. This Friday is my 2nd iui blood test. My first iui i had quite a few good eggs and follicles. So my iui procedure is quite fast. However, my 2nd iui my eggs and follicles are lesser compare with my 1st iui. So they actually increased my injection for few days.

I done my iui at kk twice. This Friday is my 2nd iui blood test. My first iui i had quite a few good eggs and follicles. So my iui procedure is quite fast. However, my 2nd iui my eggs and follicles are lesser compare with my 1st iui. So they actually increased my injection for few days.
Why do you decided to do another iui cycle after the first iui has fail? Why not straight to IVF after the first cycle of iui fail?

Our doctor from kkh said that if go ivf in general the baby abnormalities are higher compare with iui cz is an invasive procedure and iui is still consider natural conceive. But she did tell us not all ivf babies have defect, but the risk is higher compare with iui. And my Dr also said that both of our bloods result, sperm and scan all are ok, dont need to go ivf straight. Can try iui first.

Our doctor from kkh said that if go ivf in general the baby abnormalities are higher compare with iui cz is an invasive procedure and iui is still consider natural conceive. But she did tell us not all ivf babies have defect, but the risk is higher compare with iui. And my Dr also said that both of our bloods result, sperm and scan all are ok, dont need to go ivf straight. Can try iui first.

How is ur blood test result? :)

Just breast tenderness. I had a chemical pregnancy. After I got the results I cried. But next I'm trying for IVF. You had your IVF done?
I see I see. I just did my IUi. Now on tww. Day 16 past the procedure. Experienced breast tenderness and a bit of back ache as and when . No other symptom alr :(

Nope no courage to check :( pretty scared to check. Oh i just check and my medicine is Dydrogesterone.
Yes I took dydrogesterone too. For 18 days. On the 19days post iui. Went for my BETA and it came out negative. So I stopped. My next appointment with the Dr to review is next week. I'm planning for IVF.

Yes I took dydrogesterone too. For 18 days. On the 19days post iui. Went for my BETA and it came out negative. So I stopped. My next appointment with the Dr to review is next week. I'm planning for IVF.
I see i see. Same, on the 19th day i need to go back for BT. So I did not do any home based pregnancy test. But so far my symptom are just sore boobs and and backache as and when. Awwww good that you know what is your next plan. All the very best for your IVF! Dont give up ok. Your rainbow baby will be here soon.

I see i see. Same, on the 19th day i need to go back for BT. So I did not do any home based pregnancy test. But so far my symptom are just sore boobs and and backache as and when. Awwww good that you know what is your next plan. All the very best for your IVF! Dont give up ok. Your rainbow baby will be here soon.
I wish you best of luck. I hope your PREGNANT!

Yeah doc told me is about 10-13% only. He told me next Jan if I’m still not preg will opt for IUI. Currently I’m on second cycle of clomid and today is my CD16.
Yah indeed the % is about there. Oh ok at least the doct provide you some advice already which gives you a direction. Baby dust to you :)

Have you read about the abnormalities percentage? It is extremely low. Compared to iui which is an absolute waste of precious time and money, getting abnormal baby thru ivf is more difficult than getting pregnant thru iui

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I just need some insights regarding IUI. Just a bit of background. I miscarried twice last year (june and november). I fell pregnant right after our first try on my first pregnancy ( ended up blighted ovum) and 2nd try on my second pregnancy(lost heartbeat at 9weeks). I assume that is considered pretty fast??

After my 2 MCs, we had test and mine came back normal. However my husbands SA result show only 1% morphology and the rest are good. My gynae recommends IUI. Im searching and reading regarding our case, and Im asking if IUI is really for our case. I'll appreciate all comment on this. Thank you

Hi everyone. Do anyone here had experience multiple failures via ivf but success with IUI? Can share your experience. ?

Hi has anyone experienced successful IUI? What were your pregnancy symptoms? I'm in the dreaded TWW & I can't pinpoint any symptom due to the hormone pills I'm taking which has made me feel pregnant from the beginning with all the side effects lol

Hi has anyone experienced successful IUI? What were your pregnancy symptoms? I'm in the dreaded TWW & I can't pinpoint any symptom due to the hormone pills I'm taking which has made me feel pregnant from the beginning with all the side effects lol
Over years of multiple failures and getting pregnant, I don't look at symptoms anymore lol. Hahah cos literally no differences of pregnant or menses coming. Hehe.. And its stress free too. :)

Over years of multiple failures and getting pregnant, I don't look at symptoms anymore lol. Hahah cos literally no differences of pregnant or menses coming. Hehe.. And its stress free too. :)
Hehe good advice. I don't wanna be stressing over the symptoms yet I'm curious

Hi everyone. I just need some insights regarding IUI. Just a bit of background. I miscarried twice last year (june and november). I fell pregnant right after our first try on my first pregnancy ( ended up blighted ovum) and 2nd try on my second pregnancy(lost heartbeat at 9weeks). I assume that is considered pretty fast??

After my 2 MCs, we had test and mine came back normal. However my husbands SA result show only 1% morphology and the rest are good. My gynae recommends IUI. Im searching and reading regarding our case, and Im asking if IUI is really for our case. I'll appreciate all comment on this. Thank you
Hello I just got miscarriage blighted ovum too. My husband morphology also 1% could that be a reason? I did so-IUI snd it didn’t work hence going for ivf. Maybe u can try ivf as ivf may tell u if it’s the egg/ sperm quality that’s causing it to divide properly.

Is it success?

Back