Trying to conceive 2020

Doc said I hv no issue wit ovulation.. Not sure wads the 'real' cause if it... I cudnt got straight to IVF as I dun hv issues... So the protocol is to go IUI at least 3 times b4 we ar allowed to go for IVF... U wen thru IUI?
If u don't mine me asking, if there's nothing wrong then why did u decide to do ART? But thought doc should allow us to do IVF if we want to do it instead of trying IUI first.

Doc said I hv no issue wit ovulation.. Not sure wads the 'real' cause if it... I cudnt got straight to IVF as I dun hv issues... So the protocol is to go IUI at least 3 times b4 we ar allowed to go for IVF... U wen thru IUI?

no, I did not.I was wondering if I might not be ovulating though I get positive OPKs. How long have you been trying?

Hi! I am new here. Have been serious in ttc-ing for more than 6 months alrdy. I've been to Zou Yu Min tcm @ amk for 2 cycles, haven seen any results. I am thinking of going for fertility checks. Anyone can let me know where did you all go for the checks & whats the cost roughly like?

Thanks!

If u don't mine me asking, if there's nothing wrong then why did u decide to do ART? But thought doc should allow us to do IVF if we want to do it instead of trying IUI first.
If thru govt hosp they dun allow unless u or spouse hs issues or both...

no, I did not.I was wondering if I might not be ovulating though I get positive OPKs. How long have you been trying?
Naturally 5yrs.... Decide to go IUI in 2018 but - ve and didn't like d experience I had and decided to try again n change to other hosp under my gf's doc.

Have you tried letrozole before? I’m worried abt the side effects I might experience. Next step for me is to pop those pills.....

have you induced AF alrd? If you don’t mind me asking, if you’re not trying for no.2, does it mean don’t need to induce AF? Or still need to induce becos will cause other health issues?
I have letrozole but its not safe for breastfeeding so I didn't start it. But I read that clomid is 'safer' but I haven't taken it too.

Actually I feel its normal for me to not have AF because I had irregular periods from young. But a tcm sensei told me at least half a year must have at least once. For better womb. Last time I used to be veyy happy that I don't have monthly AF.

Hi! I am new here. Have been serious in ttc-ing for more than 6 months alrdy. I've been to Zou Yu Min tcm @ amk for 2 cycles, haven seen any results. I am thinking of going for fertility checks. Anyone can let me know where did you all go for the checks & whats the cost roughly like?

Thanks!

Hi Starz, I did my fertility checks at TMC. It cost me about $600+ through my gynae who has a clinic there. I think TMC itself has a package abt $400++, but I don’t think it includes doc consultation

I have letrozole but its not safe for breastfeeding so I didn't start it. But I read that clomid is 'safer' but I haven't taken it too.

Actually I feel its normal for me to not have AF because I had irregular periods from young. But a tcm sensei told me at least half a year must have at least once. For better womb. Last time I used to be veyy happy that I don't have monthly AF.

haha I get what you mean. AF is quite a hassle. Since you have irregular periods, your first child is actually quite a miracle!;) Maybe TCM can help you to tiao so that your period can become regular?

Hi Starz, I did my fertility checks at TMC. It cost me about $600+ through my gynae who has a clinic there. I think TMC itself has a package abt $400++, but I don’t think it includes doc consultation
Thanks for letting me know! I am considering KKH though... think it'll be cheaper? I dont plan to go polyclinic for referral cos it seems like it'll be a longer waiting time

Yup I did... At AMK Zou Youmin, drank the herbal only but didn't go ahead wit the acupuncture was afraid of pain...
Same! I am also taking the herbal medicine. Some of it taste really horrible but no choice still must take... scared of needles too so I didnt do accupuncture yet

Same! I am also taking the herbal medicine. Some of it taste really horrible but no choice still must take... scared of needles too so I didnt do accupuncture yet
Hello girls! I’ve been to AMK Zou Yumin for a short period of time before I actually conceived. Just found out I’m pregnant just few days ago after trying for 5 months and only then decided to visit TCM.
However I’m not sure if the herbal medicine helped but I think more or less her advise did.
Because based on calculation, we did conceive only after the TCM visit.

Did not do the acupuncture too as I’m afraid of the needles as well!
You can always give them a call to make an appointment and usually they have slots!

Hello girls! I’ve been to AMK Zou Yumin for a short period of time before I actually conceived. Just found out I’m pregnant just few days ago after trying for 5 months and only then decided to visit TCM.
However I’m not sure if the herbal medicine helped but I think more or less her advise did.
Because based on calculation, we did conceive only after the TCM visit.

Did not do the acupuncture too as I’m afraid of the needles as well!
You can always give them a call to make an appointment and usually they have slots!
do the doctor there speak english? as the one at bukit batok has limited english

Hi. I am new and doing iui. Now day 13 n still not ovaluating. Isit normal? I have pcos and eggs not growing much

U can try TMC - Dr Paul "TLC Medical". He will tell you what you're need to test & he will let u know the cost before u proceed. Every staff in TLC are very friendly & cheerful.

Think u should try taking bbt. I also started cos I was wondering whether I was ovulating and my friend was telling me that it's good to take. Not sure if u're still wfh, but for me since still wfh so the timing between weekdays and weekends won't be a huge difference.

Yeah. I now also regret that I chose medisave. Not sure if still can change. Doc mention that I will go on to ivf if I fail this iui.
ya then the IUI will be considered as the first one you used. maybe you can check w their payment side if you can retract and pay by cash? arnd 1k for 1 round of IUI right?

Think u should try taking bbt. I also started cos I was wondering whether I was ovulating and my friend was telling me that it's good to take. Not sure if u're still wfh, but for me since still wfh so the timing between weekdays and weekends won't be a huge difference.
Hi @whentwobecomesone there is still hope...! Jia you!
I didn’t get any positive OPK and its already CD19... weird.
My tcm doctor asked me to start measuring bbt... so i will start tomorrow. I know everyone is diff, may i know for those who are using bbt, whats the temp diff before and after ovulation?

Thanks!
Hello! We went to kkh with referral letter from polyclinic so our tests were all subsidised but longer waiting time if you go thru the polyclinic route.

If thru govt hosp they dun allow unless u or spouse hs issues or both...
Hi! Just my own experience.. Actually both me and hubby are okay (clear all checks) but cuz of my age (I'm 36) we are gg to start ivf after 1 round failed iui. We are with kkh, I think you can try asking to skip the iuis cuz even though it's less invasive but the jabs are rather similar to ivf and hit rate is much lower.

Last edited:
Hello! We went to kkh with referral letter from polyclinic so our tests were all subsidised but longer waiting time if you go thru the polyclinic route.
Thanks for sharing! By longer waiting time, roughly what is the timeline you experienced?

Yup I did... At AMK Zou Youmin, drank the herbal only but didn't go ahead wit the acupuncture was afraid of pain...

how long you’ve been seeing dr. Zou? If it’s for more than a year and no results, maybe can consider to change doc? How many rounds of IUI u need to do before u can proceed to IVF?

yea I’m wondering if I sld do that too.But my weekend schedule is different from weekdays! I wake up really late during the weekends. Does taking bbt have to be the same time Everyday? I read online tt some docs say it doesn’t have to be. Do you buy a special thermometer?

Thanks for sharing! By longer waiting time, roughly what is the timeline you experienced?
Around 2 months from polyclinic to kkh but after our first appt with kkh, the rest of the follows up are all within a month.

Another thing we felt was different was the consultation in kkh vs private in nuh, kkh longer waiting time especially during their peak and the consultation usually quite fast probably due to the no. of patients.

But we went back to kkh for our ivf as we were still more comfortable with kkh and the doctor.

Last edited:
My tcm doctor asked me to start measuring bbt... so i will start tomorrow. I know everyone is diff, may i know for those who are using bbt, whats the temp diff before and after ovulation?

Hi Reina, I think I’m out this cycle. :( Started spotting red and having period cramps. Are you on letrozole this cycle too? I’m wondering if I should start it soon

My temp after ovulation is normally 36.5 and above. But if u use Fertility Friend app, they will draw a coverline for u based on your pre-ovulation temperatures and after seeing 3 days of temperature rises. So as long as u are above that coverline means u have ovulated.

yea I’m wondering if I sld do that too.But my weekend schedule is different from weekdays! I wake up really late during the weekends. Does taking bbt have to be the same time Everyday? I read online tt some docs say it doesn’t have to be. Do you buy a special thermometer?
I don't really take exactly the same time everyday. For weekdays, of course will be within 15mins difference. My weekends I also wake up later so can be like 1+hour difference. I still can see the general trend. I didn't buy a special thermometer as now got so many free normal ones due to Covid lol. Then as mentioned as long as I can see the trend that I have ovulated I'm ok. Btw, I see u have been asking about Ivf. Are u thinking of doing it soon?

Hi Reina, I think I’m out this cycle. :( Started spotting red and having period cramps. Are you on letrozole this cycle too? I’m wondering if I should start it soon
Oh i see, sometimes i wished the spotting is pregnancy symptom instead. Let’s try again the next cycle! I also feel i’m out le :( We are about half a cycle apart then lol. I am on letrozol, gave me some cramps but not v strong. I really feel like just IVF!

Hi Ladies,

Thankful to stumble on this platform and know you girls. I had been trying for the past 6 months and sadly didn't get any positive preg test results so far. I'm thinking of getting my fallopian tubes checked out by doing a Hysterosalpingography, or HSG test. May I check with you girls if any of you did this test before and can share how should I proceed to get this check done? Any gyne recommendations are welcome! thanks a million in advance!

Hi Ladies,

Thankful to stumble on this platform and know you girls. I had been trying for the past 6 months and sadly didn't get any positive preg test results so far. I'm thinking of getting my fallopian tubes checked out by doing a Hysterosalpingography, or HSG test. May I check with you girls if any of you did this test before and can share how should I proceed to get this check done? Any gyne recommendations are welcome! thanks a million in advance!
If u trust me, Don go KKH.. Their skill in pumping the ink can kill u. I almost faint and have to repumping the chemical twice. My 2nd HSG test is at Thomson Medical. Dr Paul Tseng (TLC) arrange the test for me within 3 days.and trust me, the pain is bearable compared with KKH.

If u trust me, Don go KKH.. Their skill in pumping the ink can kill u. I almost faint and have to repumping the chemical twice. My 2nd HSG test is at Thomson Medical. Dr Paul Tseng (TLC) arrange the test for me within 3 days.and trust me, the pain is bearable compared with KKH.
Btw, HSG test can be deduct from medisave.

Aww.. thanks for the recommendation, can you also share how much the whole procedure cost? Thanks a million! :)

Hi Ladies! I was with KKH for my HSG, did it once only and didn't feel any pain though.. There was mild discomfort but its due to insertion of foreign object (similar to how I feel for pap smear), other than that was pretty fast and smooth.

I'm thinking maybe it depends on who's the doctor too.

Hi Ladies! I was with KKH for my HSG, did it once only and didn't feel any pain though.. There was mild discomfort but its due to insertion of foreign object (similar to how I feel for pap smear), other than that was pretty fast and smooth.

Hi! I did hsg with kkh too and the overall experience was OK. Agree that doctor on duty plays a part. But my result for one side of the ovary was blurry due to "air" so my doc just assumed that it's not blocked as the ink never flow back. Personal experience.

Hi there, may I know who is your doc?

Btw ladies, is your KKH test HSG or hyfosy? My gynae sent me for hyfosy ( it’s foam liquid, not ink) :)

I’ve not gone for my test though.

Btw ladies, is your KKH test HSG or hyfosy? My gynae sent me for hyfosy ( it’s foam liquid, not ink) :)

Hi I did HSG at kkh and private. Both got to repeat as I was too anxious haha.

I think Hyfosy is new. My colleague was told to do Hyfosy too at kkh. She has not gone for it.

Mine is HSG, it's ink/dye. But from what I read on forums usually there's a sharp pain if there's blockage otherwise should go quite smooth. Not sure how accurate is this though.

Back