Trying to conceive 2020

Hello ladies :) I have failed my first cycle of ivf (1 fresh and 2 FETS) with four 5-day blastocyst. Am moving to second cycle in Sep at SGH. For my second cycle, Dr asked to do blastgen/embryo and hormone growth injection to improve embryo quality. Can I check if anyone has done it before? Any success cases to share?

Baby dust to all!

Hello ladies :) I have failed my first cycle of ivf (1 fresh and 2 FETS) with four 5-day blastocyst. Am moving to second cycle in Sep at SGH. For my second cycle, Dr asked to do blastgen/embryo and hormone growth injection to improve embryo quality. Can I check if anyone has done it before? Any success cases to share?

Baby dust to all!
Hello, i have no experience in IVF, pardon my ignorance. What does “failed” exactly means? Does that mean the embryo did not attach itself to the uterus after the embryo transfer? Thank you

I started from end-Feb. Nope, mine doesn't give me different meds for TWW. Is your cycle regular?

Hi Pixie, yea my cycles are quite regular but I have rather long cycles about 35 days. How many cycles have you been trying? I’m on to my 10th cycle already. I didn’t use OPK before last month, so not sure if I actually been ovulation regularly.

Hello ladies, I am back! I suffered a MC just two weeks before Circuit Breaker began and spent the whole CB recuperating. My period is back to normal and we decided to try again this cycle. I have been taking Folic Acid, COQ10 and Vitamin D daily. Not pinning high hopes because this is the first cycle after MC and we only BD once 24hours after a smiley face was detected on the OPK. But I’m Glad that life is back to normal and I can start trying again. Baby dust to everyone!

I took clomid for 4 cycles, no BFP and it gave me yeast infection.. regretted totally
Oh no, hope u've recovered from it. Better inform ur doctor abt it too. I was kinda excited about clomid at first but now don't think it's effective at all. For me at least. It's ok at least we've tried! So will u consider IUI or IVF? What's ur next plan after clomid?

Hello, i have no experience in IVF, pardon my ignorance. What does “failed” exactly means? Does that mean the embryo did not attach itself to the uterus after the embryo transfer? Thank you
Yup failed means embryo did not implant successful.

Oh no, hope u've recovered from it. Better inform ur doctor abt it too. I was kinda excited about clomid at first but now don't think it's effective at all. For me at least. It's ok at least we've tried! So will u consider IUI or IVF? What's ur next plan after clomid?

I had 3 cycles of clomid already. Don’t feel it’s working very fantastically too. On CD11 there was only 1 matured follicle measuring 13mm. Ideally for IUI day it should be 20mm. So I ended up taking menopur jab on CD13 to speed up the growth. And ovidrel trigger jab on CD14

Till now I am not sure clomid is to make sure ovulation, or to make sure there is more than 1 matured follicle.....

Hi Pixie, yea my cycles are quite regular but I have rather long cycles about 35 days. How many cycles have you been trying? I’m on to my 10th cycle already. I didn’t use OPK before last month, so not sure if I actually been ovulation regularly.
Yeah my cycles are also around 35 days +/- a few days which is worse! I've been trying 2 cycles already. That's why I decided to take my bbt after my mc so that I'll know whether I have ovulated as u can see the temperature shift. Opks seem quite complicated and a lot of people don't seem to get the smiley face even though they have ovulated.

I had 3 cycles of clomid already. Don’t feel it’s working very fantastically too. On CD11 there was only 1 matured follicle measuring 13mm. Ideally for IUI day it should be 20mm. So I ended up taking menopur jab on CD13 to speed up the growth. And ovidrel trigger jab on CD14

Till now I am not sure clomid is to make sure ovulation, or to make sure there is more than 1 matured follicle.....
hello, may i ask, in your 3 cycles, did u go back to scan on CD 12 +/- to see if the follicles mature? For u, is it one or more than follicle that matured during that 3 cycles.

i read that if you have problems with ovulation, like PCOS, clomid helps to ovulate (1 follicle). If you are already ovulating normally, clomid will trigger more than 1follicle to mature.
Do you have PCOS?

hello, may i ask, in your 3 cycles, did u go back to scan on CD 12 +/- to see if the follicles mature? For u, is it one or more than follicle that matured during that 3 cycles.

i read that if you have problems with ovulation, like PCOS, clomid helps to ovulate (1 follicle). If you are already ovulating normally, clomid will trigger more than 1follicle to mature.
Do you have PCOS?

Don’t have pcos. But clomid was more for “playing safe” by the gynae to make sure ovulation happens and so I won’t miss the IUI cycle again. Yes I went for 1st scan on cd12, 2nd scan on cd14, and IUI on cd16.

All 3 IUI cycle have only 1 matured follicle, nothing more than that. That’s why I did find it strange that why even when I don’t have pcos, why all 3 tries with clomid did not see more than 1 matured follicle....

My reason for IUI was husband’s sperm issue hence clomid etc was for working hard on my side to make sure it maximise the chances

Don’t have pcos. But clomid was more for “playing safe” by the gynae to make sure ovulation happens and so I won’t miss the IUI cycle again. Yes I went for 1st scan on cd12, 2nd scan on cd14, and IUI on cd16.

All 3 IUI cycle have only 1 matured follicle, nothing more than that. That’s why I did find it strange that why even when I don’t have pcos, why all 3 tries with clomid did not see more than 1 matured follicle....

My reason for IUI was husband’s sperm issue hence clomid etc was for working hard on my side to make sure it maximise the chances
Thanks for your reply. I see, i am on my first letrozol cycle cos i have PCOS . Now on my TWW but doubt its gonna succeed... i feel IUI success rate are generally lower so don’t be disheartened!! Jia you!

Yeah my cycles are also around 35 days +/- a few days which is worse! I've been trying 2 cycles already. That's why I decided to take my bbt after my mc so that I'll know whether I have ovulated as u can see the temperature shift. Opks seem quite complicated and a lot of people don't seem to get the smiley face even though they have ovulated.

yes, that is true. Sometimes the LH surge may be quite short so might miss it when solely using OPKs. If you don’t mind me asking, did you have to try many cycles for your previous pregnancy?

Thanks for your reply. I see, i am on my first letrozol cycle cos i have PCOS . Now on my TWW but doubt its gonna succeed... i feel IUI success rate are generally lower so don’t be disheartened!! Jia you!

Hi Reina, did you get positive on the OPK?How many days DPO are you? Any symptoms? I can’t wait to be on the TWW and get over with it . So tiring cycle after cycle

Hi Winnie, if you don’t mind me asking, what issues does your hubby have? My hubby has low sperm morphology and mobility. The healthy normal sperm less than I think 3%. But my gynae did not recommend any treatment for my hubby, she said his test result is not uncommon.

Hi Reina, did you get positive on the OPK?How many days DPO are you? Any symptoms? I can’t wait to be on the TWW and get over with it . So tiring cycle after cycle
Yes i did get positive on OPK on CD16 and 17. So not too bad and consistent. My cycles are 31-35 days typically. No symptoms at all... i never measure bbt so rely on OPK only. Yah it is tiring!!

Yes i did get positive on OPK on CD16 and 17. So not too bad and consistent. My cycles are 31-35 days typically. No symptoms at all... i never measure bbt so rely on OPK only. Yah it is tiring!!

Maybe first few days after DPO not much symptoms yet. Might have more symptoms closer to your period date :)
Do you need to go back to your doc for blood test on CD21? My doc asked me to go for blood test on CD21 after starting letrozole, but I have not started yet.

Maybe first few days after DPO not much symptoms yet. Might have more symptoms closer to your period date :)
Do you need to go back to your doc for blood test on CD21? My doc asked me to go for blood test on CD21 after starting letrozole, but I have not started yet.
No leh he didnt, he asked me go back on CD12 to see if the follicles are reacting to letrolzol which i am, he saw 3 follicles at 17mm each on CD12, and asked me to have intercourse every 2 days lol. So now im on TWW. What is “DPO”? He gave me 2 more months of letrozol to try. You are trying naturally first right?
My partner’s sperm results is also 3% normal instead of >4% but doctor said it’s ok..

No leh he didnt, he asked me go back on CD12 to see if the follicles are reacting to letrolzol which i am, he saw 3 follicles at 17mm each on CD12, and asked me to have intercourse every 2 days lol. So now im on TWW. What is “DPO”? He gave me 2 more months of letrozol to try. You are trying naturally first right?
My partner’s sperm results is also 3% normal instead of >4% but doctor said it’s ok..

Sounds like your doc did an ultrasound to check? Personally, I feel ultrasound seems more accurate than blood test, but my doc recommended a blood test to check for progesterone on CD21.
Good to know that 3% sperm results is also considered normal, I was abit worried about it o_O. DPO is days past ovulation. Yea, I’m planning to try naturally with TCM for a few more months before starting letrozole. My TCM doctor said the Chinese medication is suppose to improve egg quality.

Sounds like your doc did an ultrasound to check? Personally, I feel ultrasound seems more accurate than blood test, but my doc recommended a blood test to check for progesterone on CD21.
Good to know that 3% sperm results is also considered normal, I was abit worried about it o_O. DPO is days past ovulation. Yea, I’m planning to try naturally with TCM for a few more months before starting letrozole. My TCM doctor said the Chinese medication is suppose to improve egg quality.
Yes! He used ultrasound to check, which is good cos it is immediate and if blood test at CD21, its already past ovulation which is too late i feel. At least CD12 gives me the confidence to start trying every 2 days. I hope TCM works for u so u don’t need to take letrozol!

Baby dust to all!
Hello Jo Jo,

I failed my 1st fresh transfer in Jan20, am looking forward to my next full blast menses to start FET. Im also with SGH. For mine it didnt stick as well, my blood test results were bad, it didnt increase :(

Ooh ur on clomid for IUI. Mine is solely clomid and it's not helping me at all. The doctor told me clomid stimulates ovulation and sometimes it triggers more matured follicles which can lead to twins or more. So i will decide to do IUI or IVF next. Doctor seemed reluctant to allow me to do IUI/IVF and insisted tt we try naturally first. Got me angry so I changed to become private patient and chose another doctor.

yes, that is true. Sometimes the LH surge may be quite short so might miss it when solely using OPKs. If you don’t mind me asking, did you have to try many cycles for your previous pregnancy?
Think I officially tried around 8 or 9 cycles. I hope I don't have to wait so long this time and it'll be a sticky beanie!

Hi Winnie, if you don’t mind me asking, what issues does your hubby have? My hubby has low sperm morphology and mobility. The healthy normal sperm less than I think 3%. But my gynae did not recommend any treatment for my hubby, she said his test result is not uncommon.

According to the SA, there is Motility rapid, sluggish and non progressive. The rapid is what makes it swim. But my HB it’s 0% rapid. So natural conception is really hard since the sperm won’t swim past the uterus and into the Fallopian tube to meet the egg.... and his morphology is 3%. So even with IUI we’re still counting on luck since IUI injects the specimen into the uterus which makes it a shorter distance needed to swim. But still, it needs to swim up the Fallopian tube irregardless. I’m now 9dpiui..... in the 2WW, sad to say no symptoms no signs at all.... just waiting

Ooh ur on clomid for IUI. Mine is solely clomid and it's not helping me at all. The doctor told me clomid stimulates ovulation and sometimes it triggers more matured follicles which can lead to twins or more. So i will decide to do IUI or IVF next. Doctor seemed reluctant to allow me to do IUI/IVF and insisted tt we try naturally first. Got me angry so I changed to become private patient and chose another doctor.

Ya I have seen NUH CHR prof PC Lee, he says to try IUI for 6 times before going back to him for ivf assessment. So far I been seeing private for my IUI. Govt docs are indeed more reluctant, perhaps due to their assessment protocols

According to the SA, there is Motility rapid, sluggish and non progressive. The rapid is what makes it swim. But my HB it’s 0% rapid. So natural conception is really hard since the sperm won’t swim past the uterus and into the Fallopian tube to meet the egg.... and his morphology is 3%. So even with IUI we’re still counting on luck since IUI injects the specimen into the uterus which makes it a shorter distance needed to swim. But still, it needs to swim up the Fallopian tube irregardless. I’m now 9dpiui..... in the 2WW, sad to say no symptoms no signs at all.... just waiting

Hi Winnie, has your hubby tried TCM? some TCM medication can improve general health and in turn help with sperm quality

Yes! He used ultrasound to check, which is good cos it is immediate and if blood test at CD21, its already past ovulation which is too late i feel. At least CD12 gives me the confidence to start trying every 2 days. I hope TCM works for u so u don’t need to take letrozol!

I hope so too! I’ve been on TCM off and on for more than 6 months already. I’m one of the patients with slower results. Seems like quite a number of couples who see my TCM have results within first few months. :oops:

Hi Winnie, has your hubby tried TCM? some TCM medication can improve general health and in turn help with sperm quality

Yes we seen 3 tcms so far and our 3rd one which is doc Tan Siew Buoy from Chinatown Kang De Mei medical hall works the best. There was significant improvement in his SA after about 1 month of her medicine. That was also when our second IUI cycle succeed (just that MC happened at week 7) Then....cb came.....Doc Tan had to choose to see patients only at one single facility and she chose her other clinic which is NTU. And so, i was given new appt date of end Nov and nothing earlier cos it’s fully booked. I’m like..... well Lady Luck not on my side!

I trust TCM thou! Will do both western and Chinese for best results!

Hi ladies, I’m glad to find this community to gain and share knowledge.
I have been ttc for a year and only started to use OPK and BBT for the past 4 months during covid. In April I do not have any positive OPK and I presume I didn’t ovulate on the particular month. I went to see a Gynae at SGH and did a pelvic ultrasound as I always have bad period cramp. The doctor mention I do not have severe endometriosis and my egg count is favorable, advised me to continue trying for another 6 months.
However I am on CD18 and I ovulated on CD16 if depending on the OPK results. But my BBT didn’t spike after ovulation day. I went to google it mention that I might have unfavorable level of LH and it is not ideal for fertilization. My temperature range from 36.3-36.4 now. Any one have idea is it is normal for BBT to not rise?
Also I am looking to go for a fertility check rather than waiting for another 6 months to visit my previous Gynae but I am lost in choosing a good and affordable clinic. Would any one have recommendation ?

Yes we seen 3 tcms so far and our 3rd one which is doc Tan Siew Buoy from Chinatown Kang De Mei medical hall works the best. There was significant improvement in his SA after about 1 month of her medicine. That was also when our second IUI cycle succeed (just that MC happened at week 7) Then....cb came.....Doc Tan had to choose to see patients only at one single facility and she chose her other clinic which is NTU. And so, i was given new appt date of end Nov and nothing earlier cos it’s fully booked. I’m like..... well Lady Luck not on my side!

I trust TCM thou! Will do both western and Chinese for best results!

Hope you’re feeling better now. Do you need to take any medication after your mc? TCM can also help to strengthen the body?
Are you considering to see another TCM? Nov is so many months away :oops:

Yup it will be my first one. You? Hope this is our lucky month!

Trying for my first too. Now I’m wondering if I should have started trying earlier. When younger always thought want to be more carefree without children, and didn’t think it will take long and so much stress just to have a baby. Everyone else seem to have a baby easily, who knew....:rolleyes:

Trying for my first too. Now I’m wondering if I should have started trying earlier. When younger always thought want to be more carefree without children, and didn’t think it will take long and so much stress just to have a baby. Everyone else seem to have a baby easily, who knew....:rolleyes:
Hi! How old are u if i may ask? Sorry if i have asked before. Yah agree everyone else seems to have it so easily without trying..

I know.. me too... but also didn't meet my husband earlier so not much choice too! I keep hearing my friends accidentally getting pregnant like really so easy for them!

Hello ladies, I am back! I suffered a MC just two weeks before Circuit Breaker began and spent the whole CB recuperating. My period is back to normal and we decided to try again this cycle. I have been taking Folic Acid, COQ10 and Vitamin D daily. Not pinning high hopes because this is the first cycle after MC and we only BD once 24hours after a smiley face was detected on the OPK. But I’m Glad that life is back to normal and I can start trying again. Baby dust to everyone!

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Similar to you, I had a MC last Dec and started trying again 2 months after. On top of the supplements, I'm also going for weekly acupuncture and drinking tcm herbs.

Easier said than done, but think positive thoughts! I'm sure your rainbow baby will come soon Baby dust to you.

Hi all, is it safe to have intercourse during TWW, you think? I tried to search online and mostly said it is ok during any stage of pregnancy.

Back