Any TCM recommend?

EY girl

Hi all, I have been TTC for 4 yrs and failed 3 IUI. I have regular menses but my menses only 3 to 4 days (I not sure is this normal and abit short) as normal menses will last for 5 to 7 days. Every mth I will have menses pain and cramp until I need to take MC, not able to go work.

I am thinking to try TCM for conceive. Any good recommend? I am staying in AMK.

Hi all, I have been TTC for 4 yrs and failed 3 IUI. I have regular menses but my menses only 3 to 4 days (I not sure is this normal and abit short) as normal menses will last for 5 to 7 days. Every mth I will have menses pain and cramp until I need to take MC, not able to go work.

Hi. My menses also 3 to 4 days so i think is normal ? I also have menses pain and cramp every month which i take nurofen 342mg which is effective enough for me and it can be bought off the shelf and requires no prescription so you could try see if works for you?

I later went gynae check as to why my menses was so painful and was told i had endometrisis. I had miscarriaged before at 8 weeks four years back and had difficulty conceiving also. Tried TCM but did not manage to conceive also. Went for 1 round of ivf which also failed. Not sure if the tcm and failed ivf helped my body to "tiao" but i managed to get pregnant naturally 2 months after my failed ivf and had given birth to a healthy baby boy who is 1 month old this week. :)

Hi. My menses also 3 to 4 days so i think is normal ? I also have menses pain and cramp every month which i take nurofen 342mg which is effective enough for me and it can be bought off the shelf and requires no prescription so you could try see if works for you?

I later went gynae check as to why my menses was so painful and was told i had endometrisis. I had miscarriaged before at 8 weeks four years back and had difficulty conceiving also. Tried TCM but did not manage to conceive also. Went for 1 round of ivf which also failed. Not sure if the tcm and failed ivf helped my body to "tiao" but i managed to get pregnant naturally 2 months after my failed ivf and had given birth to a healthy baby boy who is 1 month old this week. :)
My menses pain will last about 1hr and I never take pain killer. I went for check up before proceed with IUI, doc said not endometriosis, I also dunno what is the reason for the menses pain.

Ur menses pain since teenager? Did u do any surgery or take med for ur endometriosis? Which TCM u went? So once u start IVF, u stop visit TCM?

Congrats to u on ur new born. I hope I got the good news soon. After trying for 4 yrs, every month also disappointed, I almost give up.

My menses pain will last about 1hr and I never take pain killer. I went for check up before proceed with IUI, doc said not endometriosis, I also dunno what is the reason for the menses pain.

Ur menses pain since teenager? Did u do any surgery or take med for ur endometriosis? Which TCM u went? So once u start IVF, u stop visit TCM?

Congrats to u on ur new born. I hope I got the good news soon. After trying for 4 yrs, every month also disappointed, I almost give up.
For your menses pain, you could try the Nurofen 342mg which I suggested. Being able to bear the pain does not make the condition you have any better. Your menses pain was since young? Possible it is no underlying condition at all also.

No. my menses no pain all the while but pain started only after my miscarriage in 2016. After that menses pain and TTC not successful then went checkup and realised had endometrisis. Was prescribed Visanne 28S which was to be taken for 6 months and this 6 months period, there would be no menses and also will not get pregnant. This medication was supposedly to let my endo issue "heal" and womb to "rest" before TTC again. Did not do any surgery. I later switched to another gynae who suggested an ops could be done for the endo issue but problem is if I do the ops, i could not TTC for a period of time after ops to let the wounds heal and this endo issue eventually will come back again after time so you can say it is just a temporary solution so I did not go for the ops and decided to go TCM and TTC naturally.

I went to three TCM. No point mentioning which TCM I went since I did not manage to get pregnant after TCM. Instead after TCM, I went direct to IVF with PGS in KL. Yes, after i stopped TCM, I went IVF as TCM and IVF cannot mix and TCM to me did not prove useful so just IVF which 1st round IVF failed.

Thenafter, wanted to go 2nd round IVF, then conceived naturally already so I was lucky. Hope this helps.

If your stay at amk, you can try Zou Yumin. Just google her address :) the wait can be long though, as she does acupuncture as well. I did not succeed under her but I do know of many who succeed with her.

For your menses pain, you could try the Nurofen 342mg which I suggested. Being able to bear the pain does not make the condition you have any better. Your menses pain was since young? Possible it is no underlying condition at all also.

No. my menses no pain all the while but pain started only after my miscarriage in 2016. After that menses pain and TTC not successful then went checkup and realised had endometrisis. Was prescribed Visanne 28S which was to be taken for 6 months and this 6 months period, there would be no menses and also will not get pregnant. This medication was supposedly to let my endo issue "heal" and womb to "rest" before TTC again. Did not do any surgery. I later switched to another gynae who suggested an ops could be done for the endo issue but problem is if I do the ops, i could not TTC for a period of time after ops to let the wounds heal and this endo issue eventually will come back again after time so you can say it is just a temporary solution so I did not go for the ops and decided to go TCM and TTC naturally.

I went to three TCM. No point mentioning which TCM I went since I did not manage to get pregnant after TCM. Instead after TCM, I went direct to IVF with PGS in KL. Yes, after i stopped TCM, I went IVF as TCM and IVF cannot mix and TCM to me did not prove useful so just IVF which 1st round IVF failed.

Thenafter, wanted to go 2nd round IVF, then conceived naturally already so I was lucky. Hope this helps.
Yes my pain since young when I was teenager. Last time even worst, pain until almost faint and need to roll on bed, can't even walk. But when I grow up, the pain reduce, getting older the pain getting lesser. Now the pain not so serious and don't need pain killer anymore.

When I go thru IUI, I got check with doc, doc said based on all my med reports don't hv any conditions, so I just take it everything ok because some ladies also will hv menses pain and its normal according to doc but because until now I still can't conceive naturally so I was worry and think so much whether I got any issue. That why thinking to go TCM to tio body and see how.

Oh, u did ur IVF in KL msia? Ya, u r so lucky, I got a fren done 3 IVF still no luck, until now she still trying.

If your stay at amk, you can try Zou Yumin. Just google her address :) the wait can be long though, as she does acupuncture as well. I did not succeed under her but I do know of many who succeed with her.
Hello @Uptheair.... Oh, Dr zou yu min, I got saw some ppl went to see her also. So now u still seeing her? Waiting very long even with appointment?

Hello @Uptheair.... Oh, Dr zou yu min, I got saw some ppl went to see her also. So now u still seeing her? Waiting very long even with appointment?
Nope. Stopped seeing her since 2 yrs ago because her meds were not working on me. Switched to another tcm physician :)

When I was seeing her the wait can go quite long because even with appt, it still goes on a you-go-and-take-queue-number system. So if you go earlier even before your appt, they also don’t really check and just give you a queue number. Appointment what time also no difference. Not sure if it is still like that.

She definitely has many successful cases but just not for me.

Yes my pain since young when I was teenager. Last time even worst, pain until almost faint and need to roll on bed, can't even walk. But when I grow up, the pain reduce, getting older the pain getting lesser. Now the pain not so serious and don't need pain killer anymore.

When I go thru IUI, I got check with doc, doc said based on all my med reports don't hv any conditions, so I just take it everything ok because some ladies also will hv menses pain and its normal according to doc but because until now I still can't conceive naturally so I was worry and think so much whether I got any issue. That why thinking to go TCM to tio body and see how.

Oh, u did ur IVF in KL msia? Ya, u r so lucky, I got a fren done 3 IVF still no luck, until now she still trying.
Yes, I did IVF in KL because in Malaysia can do PGS IVF where i feel stand a better chance whereby in Singapore PGS not allowed yet.

Nope. Stopped seeing her since 2 yrs ago because her meds were not working on me. Switched to another tcm physician :)

When I was seeing her the wait can go quite long because even with appt, it still goes on a you-go-and-take-queue-number system. So if you go earlier even before your appt, they also don’t really check and just give you a queue number. Appointment what time also no difference. Not sure if it is still like that.

She definitely has many successful cases but just not for me.
Hmmm, I think not work for all people. Maybe I can consider to try and see. Hopefully it work for me. Now u seeing the tcm better?

Wah, with appointment also need to take queue? Sigh.

What is PGS? So u always need to go KL to do check up? Then it will be troublesome?
PGS (also known as aneuploidy screening) is a treatment add-on. It involves checking the chromosomes of embryos created by in vitro fertilisation (IVF) or intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) for abnormalities. ... The DNA of these cells is then tested to see whether they have any chromosomal abnormalities. You can google to find our more by searching PGS IVF

Yes. Needed to go KL for some checks, medicine and injection needles purchased from there and DIY yourself at home in SG. Usually went is a day trip like morning flight there, evening flight back. For the embryo retrieval day you may want to stay 1 night there before next day fly back, and after embryo transfer need to stay there at least 5 days like bedrest to have better chance of implantation etc.
Yes, troublesome but no choice have to sacrifice. But now with covid, even willing to sacrifice also cannot go KL do ivf already. Several ladies in forum here do go jb for their ivf and now stuck halfway due to covid..

Hmmm, I think not work for all people. Maybe I can consider to try and see. Hopefully it work for me. Now u seeing the tcm better?

Wah, with appointment also need to take queue? Sigh.

Perhaps try 1-3 months to see? You should know within 3 cycles if it helps. Yup, current tcm physician is more suitable for me. I could feel the change within the first month although I still didn’t manage to succeed naturally but through ivf.

PGS (also known as aneuploidy screening) is a treatment add-on. It involves checking the chromosomes of embryos created by in vitro fertilisation (IVF) or intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) for abnormalities. ... The DNA of these cells is then tested to see whether they have any chromosomal abnormalities. You can google to find our more by searching PGS IVF

Yes. Needed to go KL for some checks, medicine and injection needles purchased from there and DIY yourself at home in SG. Usually went is a day trip like morning flight there, evening flight back. For the embryo retrieval day you may want to stay 1 night there before next day fly back, and after embryo transfer need to stay there at least 5 days like bedrest to have better chance of implantation etc.
Yes, troublesome but no choice have to sacrifice. But now with covid, even willing to sacrifice also cannot go KL do ivf already. Several ladies in forum here do go jb for their ivf and now stuck halfway due to covid..
PGS IVF is better compare to normal IVF? Later I try to Google and read more about it.

Ya, need to flight to KL abit troublesome, have to sacrifice lo. But u and ur hb flight together right? I think my hb don't have the time to flight like that.

I'm Malaysian from KL also no every mth go back lo, u really good leh can flight there just for check up. Salute u.

Perhaps try 1-3 months to see? You should know within 3 cycles if it helps. Yup, current tcm physician is more suitable for me. I could feel the change within the first month although I still didn’t manage to succeed naturally but through ivf.
Yalo, maybe try few mths and see how. I think now CB phase 1 shd have open already. I will try to call and make appointment then.

U going to try IVF?

PGS IVF is better compare to normal IVF? Later I try to Google and read more about it.

Ya, need to flight to KL abit troublesome, have to sacrifice lo. But u and ur hb flight together right? I think my hb don't have the time to flight like that.

I'm Malaysian from KL also no every mth go back lo, u really good leh can flight there just for check up. Salute u.
You go google and read. Basically it checks the dna cells for abnormalties so you do not have to worry also if successful pregnant foetus got down syndrome or abnormal.

Yes. Me and hubby fly together. Take 1 day leave weekday morning go night back. Overall went about 5 to 6 times in total for everything.

You go google and read. Basically it checks the dna cells for abnormalties so you do not have to worry also if successful pregnant foetus got down syndrome or abnormal.

Yes. Me and hubby fly together. Take 1 day leave weekday morning go night back. Overall went about 5 to 6 times in total for everything.
Is this PGS IVF expensive? If do ivf in sg, can claim from medisave but u do in KL so unable to claim right?

U hv to flight to KL for 5-6 times in 1 month? But when u do transfer, hv to stay 5 days in KL. Really not easy sia.

I really hope I don't need to go through IVF.

Is this PGS IVF expensive? If do ivf in sg, can claim from medisave but u do in KL so unable to claim right?

U hv to flight to KL for 5-6 times in 1 month? But when u do transfer, hv to stay 5 days in KL. Really not easy sia.

I really hope I don't need to go through IVF.
Overall costs about sgd 13k plus pgs. Ya, unable to claim medisave. But if do ivf in sg must queue and no pgs and i did not want to wait as age 34 soon so wanted asap.

5 to 6 times for whole process about 3 months as need wait timing by doctor for embryo transfer. Yes not easy...

Hi all just a quick question- if we are visting tcm before ivf, do we still need to take vitamins?

What is PGS? So u always need to go KL to do check up? Then it will be troublesome?
PGS (preimplantation genetic testing), also known as PGT-A (preimplantation genetic testing -aneuploidy), refers to testing of embryos before the doctor transfer into the patient's womb. The purported aim is (1) to prevent genetic defects such as Down's syndrome in older women, and (2) to improve the chances of IVF success through the selection of good viable embryos for transfer. It is severely restricted in Singapore, because the government is afraid of this technique being abused for sex selection, which could lead to severe imbalance of the population sex ratio. Please see the following blog in the same forum website:

Last edited:
Hi, today is my first time visit to the tcm and trying out of accupuncture. I know different people may have different experiences. I'm only poked on the front near the belly, the left and the right, and some needles on the legs too. I was also given some powder to drink twice a day. Can everyone share their experiences?

Hi, today is my first time visit to the tcm and trying out of accupuncture. I know different people may have different experiences. I'm only poked on the front near the belly, the left and the right, and some needles on the legs too. I was also given some powder to drink twice a day. Can everyone share their experiences?
Hi Giggle&smile, which TCM u seeing? I am also doing acupuncture, poked on front belly and both legs. I am also giving powder to drink eveyday morning and night. I have been seeing TCM for abt 3 mths already.

I find it not much different in my body but previously I do acupuncture once a week, this mth I start to try twice a week and see any improvement. How abt u?
I've only been there once.. I'll go for a couple more times and see if there's any difference in my menses for next month.. If what she does and say helps, then I will expect that I will not need any painkillers for my next month's menses. So let's wait and see..

I've only been there once.. I'll go for a couple more times and see if there's any difference in my menses for next month.. If what she does and say helps, then I will expect that I will not need any painkillers for my next month's menses. So let's wait and see..
Ya, u go few more times and see any improvement or not. Every mth menses u need to take painkiller? Last time i also hv to take painkiller, sometime need to take twice a day and sometime it's pain until I need to take MC and rest at home. Then I tried alot of method to reduce my pain, i tried to take some supplement. I tried isoduce, I tried jiu ji gong brown sugar, I even bought a pants called aulora. My menses pain is reduce and getting better now. I start to see TCM and do acupuncture I don't need to take painkiller now. Every mth have abit of pain but at least not as last time must take painkiller.

Dear all, any good TCM to recommend in particular for male fertility? If you do know of cases whereby there are improved male fertility parameters as seen from the semen analysis results after the TCM treatment, please do share as well.

So far based on existing threads, I gather the popular TCMs recommended for fertility include:
- Tan Kian Sing at Clementi
- Tan Siew Buay at Chinatown/ NTU
- Zou Yu Min at AMK

I understand usually both parties are treated, however in our case, it's severe male factor with sperm density <1M. Have gone through two rounds of IVF/ICSI with a good number of occytes retrieved. However due to poor sperm quality, did not manage to get any good embryos.

DH is already taking Pro-fertil. NiL other hormonal imbalance and karyotyping is normal too..

We are really keen to optimise his parameters and try ICSI again instead of using a sperm donar as what Dr suggested we can consider.

Appreciate any kind recommendations / advice. Thank you!

Hi ladies, I also just started with Dr Zou last week and had my first acupuncture today. It was ok on the belly and legs. Dr Zou was able to advise both myself and hubby last week and gave us medicine in powder forms to take twice a week. Mine was ok but husband felt queasy after the medicine so Dr Zou told him to just reduce to one pack per day. She gave me for post -ovulation medicine today and I will see her again next Friday. My experiences with her so far has been pleasant, today’s queue was a little long but I don’t mind. Hope it will work as I went to another one last year for 3 months and nothing happened. Fingers crossed.

Ya, u go few more times and see any improvement or not. Every mth menses u need to take painkiller? Last time i also hv to take painkiller, sometime need to take twice a day and sometime it's pain until I need to take MC and rest at home. Then I tried alot of method to reduce my pain, i tried to take some supplement. I tried isoduce, I tried jiu ji gong brown sugar, I even bought a pants called aulora. My menses pain is reduce and getting better now. I start to see TCM and do acupuncture I don't need to take painkiller now. Every mth have abit of pain but at least not as last time must take painkiller.

Anybody see Dr Zou for endometriosis and blocked fallopian?

Hi Ven, I saw Dr Zou recently. I have endometriosis and recently went for surgery to remove cyst and adhesion. my tubes are blocked. I asked Dr Zou about whether TCM can do anything for my blocked tubes, her advice was nithing can be done, but can use TCM to get body ready for IVF.

How much is t charges? Now l trying Fertility massage. The therapist is very experienced. Advise me to have good diet and what not to eat and do. Done three times. Hope my menses will less pain this coming week.

How much is t charges? Now l trying Fertility massage. The therapist is very experienced. Advise me to have good diet and what not to eat and do. Done three times. Hope my menses will less pain this coming week.

It was about $96 for consultation and one week worth of medicine.

Does anyone have reviews for Dr Su at Bukit Batok? I can't find much recent reviews, seems like most reviews were a few years ago.

Hi All,I am in my early 40s and will like to have a baby.
Any recommendation for good Fertility TCM before going to IVF.
Many thanks in advance =)

Is she good ?
Heard that Great Wall acupuncture is good as well. Any one go there ?
Many ivf patients went to dr zou n had bfp.. I failed ivf last yr n decided to see dr zou as my last card..but till date only see 2mths+..

Hi All,I am in my early 40s and will like to have a baby.
Any recommendation for good Fertility TCM before going to IVF.
Many thanks in advance =)

I heard from my friends that they were trying for years to conceive but no good news then they decided to try physician sean lee, before I know it then I saw her pregnant tummy and now she is happily nursing her baby already. They seem pretty pleased and I heard them recommending to their fellow friends who have been TTC. Seems gd ba, u can try? IVF very ex and painful, i think can try tcm first ba..

Hi, anyone taking Chinese med after ivf transfer and now on 2ww?? Dr Tan from clementi give me an tai yao.. Not sure if to take?
Hi Praysuccessttc, better to check with your doc. My doc refrained me from chinese medication and said muz get clearance from him if needed. Play safe better.

I heard from my friends that they were trying for years to conceive but no good news then they decided to try physician sean lee, before I know it then I saw her pregnant tummy and now she is happily nursing her baby already. They seem pretty pleased and I heard them recommending to their fellow friends who have been TTC. Seems gd ba, u can try? IVF very ex and painful, i think can try tcm first ba..

What is the charges and which tcm clinic he is from ?

Hi,

Hi all, previously we did a fertility health check and found out that my husband had low concentration.. I'm currently visiting Thong chai medical institution at chin swee Road... My husband's concentration got to normal rate after taking the tcm medication they prescribed for about 6 months. Still taking it, hopefully good news come soon.

There is no charges for 2 packs medication and consultation but u can donate any amount to the institute as a form of appreciation.

Hi all, previously we did a fertility health check and found out that my husband had low concentration.. I'm currently visiting Thong chai medical institution at chin swee Road... My husband's concentration got to normal rate after taking the tcm medication they prescribed for about 6 months. Still taking it, hopefully good news come soon.

There is no charges for 2 packs medication and consultation but u can donate any amount to the institute as a form of appreciation.

Hi Weatheric, may I know who is the physician that you go to ?

Back