IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi ! I am new to this forum. I have just do hyfosy check up in KKH. Doctor said I got polyps and my both fallopian seem blocked . She said I can just remove polyps or remove polyps and do keyholes surgery to check tubes ! Advised me to do IVF. Scared of keyholes surgery don’t know is it very painful . I was thinking to remove polyps then do IVF. But very scared whether the IVF process is it very painful and I am scared of needles injection . Can someone share with me how the IVF procedure ? One day how many injection and how Long is the needles ? Tks!
Hi, most of the injections for stimulation are manageable and not much pain.

If you want to embark on this journey, you gotta overcome the fear. Think of the prize ie a baby of your own in your arms, probably that will help greatly.

But you gotta check your tubes to ensure that its not hydrosalpinx, if not IVF also won't be successful.

Hi, most of the injections for stimulation are manageable and not much pain.

If you want to embark on this journey, you gotta overcome the fear. Think of the prize ie a baby of your own in your arms, probably that will help greatly.

But you gotta check your tubes to ensure that its not hydrosalpinx, if not IVF also won't be successful.
Hi thanks for your advise and encouragement. . Is the keyholes surgery (Laparoscopy) is it a very painful procedure ? The doctor said they will incision 4 holes on it . The doctor said if I want to do IVF i can don’t check the Fallopian tube can just remove the polyps because IVF bypass the Fallopian tubes . Seek your advise on the keyholes surgery is it a very painful surgery ?

Hi ! I am new to this forum. I have just do hyfosy check up in KKH. Doctor said I got polyps and my both fallopian seem blocked . She said I can just remove polyps or remove polyps and do keyholes surgery to check tubes ! Advised me to do IVF. Scared of keyholes surgery don’t know is it very painful . I was thinking to remove polyps then do IVF. But very scared whether the IVF process is it very painful and I am scared of needles injection . Can someone share with me how the IVF procedure ? One day how many injection and how Long is the needles ? Tks!

Hi what is the purpose to do keyhole? To clear the blocked tubes? As I thought ivf can be successful even if your tubes are blocked.

anyone had experience with Low beta upon first blood test after ivf? my beta was at 120 yesterday .. nurse said it’s rather low and got to retest again tmr :( can’t help feeling worried
Don’t worry, my beta was 100, probably due to late implantation. I went for blood test in a weekly basis that time and my son is now 3 yrs old. Rest well and take care.

Every night when I sleep thinking of baby , I couldn’t hold back my tears ! The journey of pregnancy is a very tough journey for me! Praying to God gave me strength to encounters this obstacles ! Gave me blessing and also let me find a guardian in this road path for those with me in this IVF journey advise , infor and encouragement to each other ! Tks your sisters !

Hi what is the purpose to do keyhole? To clear the blocked tubes? As I thought ivf can be successful even if your tubes are blocked.
Hi, Yes. The doctor said I must remove the polyps and then can do IVF . I can skip to check the follopian tube keyholes surgery . By this July month appointment i most make my decision to do .

Hi, Yes. The doctor said I must remove the polyps and then can do IVF . I can skip to check the follopian tube keyholes surgery . By this July month appointment i most make my decision to do .
By this July month , I must make the decision when see her . Two option - 1st option - Remove the polyps then do IVF. Or 2nd option , do keyholes surgery and remove polyps . To do keyholes checking unless I want to check the tubes and want to conceive baby naturally . She suggest I do IVF , remove polyps will do .

Oh ok. I have polyp removed too so that I can start ivf. If you really scared keyhole since doc say can skip then you can just remove polyp n start ivf soon.

No I don’t. I did hsg and my tubes are ok. Only is my polyp issue on uterine wall detected during ultrasound. I did d&c with hysteroscopy to remove it.
Hi , may I know how many hours the process to remove polyps in the day surgery ? Is it painful and the doctor will gave you how days MC to rest . When will you start IVF process ?

Hi , may I know how many hours the process to remove polyps in the day surgery ? Is it painful and the doctor will gave you how days MC to rest . When will you start IVF process ?

Hi

My day surgery is about an hour only and I remove one polyp.
I’m under GA so depends on when you wake up and need to be under observation first too after that. I’m with KK given 7 days HL. Yes is painful but not as bad as I thought. Going ivf next month if all smooth

Hi thanks for your advise and encouragement. . Is the keyholes surgery (Laparoscopy) is it a very painful procedure ? The doctor said they will incision 4 holes on it . The doctor said if I want to do IVF i can don’t check the Fallopian tube can just remove the polyps because IVF bypass the Fallopian tubes . Seek your advise on the keyholes surgery is it a very painful surgery ?
I did keyhole b4 to remove fibroids. U will be under GA hence no pain. After woke up, I only felt abit tight sensation at the uterus area, otherwise no pain. Stayed 1 night. Can't recall how many days HL.

To be honest, IVF journey is not easy. U will need alot of scans, blood tests, stimulation jabs. After pregnant still have to continue with support meds, sometimes still need support jabs. If unfortunate and fail the cycle, the heart pain is worse than all the physical pain I feel.

And giving birth is another pain story again. So you really need to overcome your fear.

Does anyone how the endometrial scratching procedure like? My second FET failed again and the dr recommended to do the scratching and try again.

Don’t worry, my beta was 100, probably due to late implantation. I went for blood test in a weekly basis that time and my son is now 3 yrs old. Rest well and take care.
Thanks snowyg for the encouragement, unfortunately my hcg levels have dropped to 37 today. Looks like a chemical pregnancy :(

anyone has similar experience? Wondering how long do I need to wait before my period comes. And whether we can restart next FET cycle immediately?

Does anyone how the endometrial scratching procedure like? My second FET failed again and the dr recommended to do the scratching and try again.
Similar to when doing pap smear, but slightly longer process, the pain is like cramps kind of pain. Bring along a pantyliner cos may stain abit after the procedure

I did keyhole b4 to remove fibroids. U will be under GA hence no pain. After woke up, I only felt abit tight sensation at the uterus area, otherwise no pain. Stayed 1 night. Can't recall how many days HL.

To be honest, IVF journey is not easy. U will need alot of scans, blood tests, stimulation jabs. After pregnant still have to continue with support meds, sometimes still need support jabs. If unfortunate and fail the cycle, the heart pain is worse than all the physical pain I feel.

And giving birth is another pain story again. So you really need to overcome your fear.
Hi , Tks for your advise and encouragement ! How long is the IVF procedure and KKH will gave us any briefing when we decide to do IVF. Everyday must do how many times of injection , the injection is in the morning or at night ? I want to mentally prepared to overcome the fear of injection . Tks!

Similar to when doing pap smear, but slightly longer process, the pain is like cramps kind of pain. Bring along a pantyliner cos may stain abit after the procedure
Is it under LA or anything? How Long does it take ? Have you done it before ? Did it help you?

Is it under LA or anything? How Long does it take ? Have you done it before ? Did it help you?
No LA, just have to bear with the pain.. just very brief maybe a minute plus minus?

1st FET at NUH: did endo scratch, BFP but mc
2nd FET at NUH: did scratch, but BFN
3rd FET at pte clinic: no scratch, BFN
4th FET at pte clinic: scratch, BFP, my rainbow baby!

IVF very trial and error, if 1 doesn't work, then try another.

Hi , Tks for your advise and encouragement ! How long is the IVF procedure and KKH will gave us any briefing when we decide to do IVF. Everyday must do how many times of injection , the injection is in the morning or at night ? I want to mentally prepared to overcome the fear of injection . Tks!
Sorry I was never with KKH hence cannot advise much on their protocol.

Usually from 1st jab to retrieval should be about 2 weeks? Retrieval will be on GA hence will need to put a needle on the back of your palm. That may hurt a fair bit also.

No LA, just have to bear with the pain.. just very brief maybe a minute plus minus?

1st FET at NUH: did endo scratch, BFP but mc
2nd FET at NUH: did scratch, but BFN
3rd FET at pte clinic: no scratch, BFN
4th FET at pte clinic: scratch, BFP, my rainbow baby!

IVF very trial and error, if 1 doesn't work, then try another.
Oh I see. That’s fast. How much did it cost you at pte clinic ? I will be doing at mount E. And do you think I should get acupuncture after ET?

Oh I see. That’s fast. How much did it cost you at pte clinic ? I will be doing at mount E. And do you think I should get acupuncture after ET?
Cannot remember how much is it.. u can check with your clinic.

As for acupuncture, the successful round I did not do. U can decide if u wanna try

I did endo scratch privately. Was part of my IVF package. Was under GA so didnt feel any pain. Be prepared for lots of spotting post endo scratch and a little bit of cramps. Otherwise, it is quite a fast and easy process. During endo scratch, my clinic also sent some sample for biopsy and checked for NK cells as well.

If u have polyp u can do hystereoscopy to remove it. It is less invasive than lap (keyhole) surgery. Lap surgery is not that painful but do get a skill dr to do it because it can affect your egg reserve if not done properly. Alternatively u can do ivf first. Freeze the embryo n do surgery before transferring it back in. This way u know your womb is clear.
Ivf process is not painful n not scary as u thought it would be. It’s always the first step towards unknown that is scary.
U can get your hubby to help u jab n u don’t look at it.
How many jabs depends on your dosage n protocol. It’s just like ant bite n really not that painful. If u have tummy fats it’s even easier cos u can pinch n jab.

There will be a short seminar at Kkh for first timer when u sign up for ivf but I am not sure if it’s the same now.

Example short protocol
Day 2 of menses scan.
Start stimulation jab. Can be one or two jabs
After few days scan again. Then start of suppression jab.
Before egg retrieval one more trigger jab n no more jab the next day.

This is just a guide and there are many diff protocol for ivf. It depends on your dr.
All the best.

There will be a short seminar at Kkh for first timer when u sign up for ivf but I am not sure if it’s the same now.

Example short protocol
Day 2 of menses scan.
Start stimulation jab. Can be one or two jabs
After few days scan again. Then start of suppression jab.
Before egg retrieval one more trigger jab n no more jab the next day.

This is just a guide and there are many diff protocol for ivf. It depends on your dr.
All the best.
Hi ! Usually when start injection doctor will gave us any medicine to take ? During injection time , your will inject already then go to work ?

Hi sisters ! Thanks for all your advise and encouragement ! I will wipe my tears fighting to my goal to the IVF road path journey . I got Low ovarian reserve . What supplements to eat to improve my eggs quantity and quality ? Seek your advise please . Tks!

Hi sisters ! Thanks for all your advise and encouragement ! I will wipe my tears fighting to my goal to the IVF road path journey . I got Low ovarian reserve . What supplements to eat to improve my eggs quantity and quality ? Seek your advise please . Tks!
All the best. Start early! Time is essence in IVF

Hi ! I got Low ovarian reserve . What supplement I need to eat so that can increase the success in IVF. Seek sisters your advise please. Tks!

Hi! Tks! Must we go TCM first before IVF?
It's not a must, depends on your belief.

I also has low ovarian reserve, hence each fresh cycle I only have 4-5 max oocytes.. I feel supplements didn't work for me. But some ladies swear by some supplements such as dhea..

How old are you now if u don't mind me asking?

I am 48 yrs old. That why doctor said my egg reserve is Low due to age . My heart feel sad and devastated when every night thinking of baby ! IVF is the only road path I can choose because my tube is blocked . Just praying God blessing me one baby I already very grateful and contented .

I am 48 yrs old. That why doctor said my egg reserve is Low due to age . My heart feel sad and devastated when every night thinking of baby ! IVF is the only road path I can choose because my tube is blocked . Just praying God blessing me one baby I already very grateful and contented .
How long have u tried naturally?

Hi ! Usually when start injection doctor will gave us any medicine to take ? During injection time , your will inject already then go to work ?

No medicine to take unless u need contraceptive pills to regulate your cycle before start of ivf. My injection time is at night but some jab in the morning. Depends on your clinic.

Not everyone menopause at late 40s. Liu Ling Ling gave birth at 50.
Actually I've a question, in the event that a woman reaches menopause and still have frozen embryos left, will she still be able to undergo FET?

Why I ask is because I've family history of early menopausal like early 40s to mid 40s. So if I wanna to have more kids and if unfortunately start to menopause, will I ten be able to still do FET with the remaining embryos

No medicine to take unless u need contraceptive pills to regulate your cycle before start of ivf. My injection time is at night but some jab in the morning. Depends on your clinic.
Hi , Grateful for the advise . after the embryo transfer Which is the last stage , the doctor will gave us how many days MC to rest at home , during MC we cannot move around is it must rest at bed ? And also any supplement to eat to increase the egg quantity and quality before I start IVF? Tks!

Hi

My day surgery is about an hour only and I remove one polyp.
I’m under GA so depends on when you wake up and need to be under observation first too after that. I’m with KK given 7 days HL. Yes is painful but not as bad as I thought. Going ivf next month if all smooth
Hi , usually the booking of appointment for the day surgery to remove polyps must take how Long the booking ? Is it once you see the doctor confirmed to remove polyps must take 1 months to book the day surgery ? Once operation finished , we rest at home can move around ?

Hi , usually the booking of appointment for the day surgery to remove polyps must take how Long the booking ? Is it once you see the doctor confirmed to remove polyps must take 1 months to book the day surgery ? Once operation finished , we rest at home can move around ?

I think must see your doctor or the surgeon’s schedule so it depends. Once you consult the doctor and everything goes smooth can fix a surgery date already.

Yes can move around since is only a minor surgery. Don’t worry or think too much first. Once you have seen the doctor and confirm you want to remove it they will arrange accordingly for you.

Actually I've a question, in the event that a woman reaches menopause and still have frozen embryos left, will she still be able to undergo FET?

Why I ask is because I've family history of early menopausal like early 40s to mid 40s. So if I wanna to have more kids and if unfortunately start to menopause, will I ten be able to still do FET with the remaining embryos

Yes u can with medication. Details will have to check with your dr.

Back