Anyone doing IVF in 2020?

Did they say how they classify the blast as "usable" or "not usable"?

Only 3 are usable and remaining 5 are grade D and hence not usable..

the embryologist said they were mostly good grade at day 3 but at day 5 mostly are not usable

Tks, matchachoc! It is really heartbreaking to see the negatives after putting in so much effort. After the dreadful test on that day, i decided to give myself a (mental) break for at least a few days before i test again. I'm 9dp5dt today, but nt testing yet.

Will definitely test before the blood test thou. I dont like the idea of the nurse calling me to tell me the news first hand. I want to be mentally prepared first. Haa! How r u feelin?
I have headaches on and off, think it’s the progesterone. Will need to prep myself emotionally before blood test day (6 more days!)

I feel lower tummy tugs, back pain and pelvic pain. They r on and off. Prob it is the crinone gel side effects..

Got a question. Does ivf affect our periods? My bt is on Friday. Usually I would expect my period these few days. I’m quite scared that my period will come before bt and dash my hopes. But at the same time, I read that progesterone can delay your period? So even if my period is delayed, it’s not a good indication of pregnancy?

I'm not too sure. During my first tww, I was on progesterone pills too but my period came accurately 1 or 2 days before the blood test but not too much flow till I stopped the progesterone pills, then it came full force.
Got a question. Does ivf affect our periods? My bt is on Friday. Usually I would expect my period these few days. I’m quite scared that my period will come before bt and dash my hopes. But at the same time, I read that progesterone can delay your period? So even if my period is delayed, it’s not a good indication of pregnancy?

My menses shd come today too. But it didnt. The nurse said diff pple hv diff reaction to the drugs. Some pple still hv it on time, some delayed and some came earlier.
U can call the hospital and ask if you can bring yr BT forward by 1-2days.

So far while I am on progesterone it has always delayed my period and it starts 2-3 after going off progesterone for me.

Just to check if ivf is still consider essential service after the extension? Can't seems to see any indication in moh site

It does. Mine was delayed 2 days in both failed FET. Then there will be alot of the gel discharge tgt with ur menses.
All the best ya.. I had bfn yest.. Saying bye to ivf.. Not trying anymore..

It does. Mine was delayed 2 days in both failed FET. Then there will be alot of the gel discharge tgt with ur menses.
All the best ya.. I had bfn yest.. Saying bye to ivf.. Not trying anymore..

Be strong bluerosie. I know the feeling of disappointment and despair as I've failed before too. It will take quite a while to get over it. Whether or not you continue to try ivf or natural, I'll hope for the best for you. Jiayou!

Be strong bluerosie. I know the feeling of disappointment and despair as I've failed before too. It will take quite a while to get over it. Whether or not you continue to try ivf or natural, I'll hope for the best for you. Jiayou!
Thank u. Will try natural next 2 mths.. Trying to get rat bb tho coz ox clash with my zodiac.. Haha

Hi hi ladies! I'm new here. Seems most people are with KKH recently. Anyone currently doing ivf at SGH? Do we need to q for ivf after first consultation at SGH?
We have been doing our fertility treatments in NUH, but now the fertility clinic is temporarily close due to covid-19. So is considering switching to SGH, which is nearer to our place. Don't want to waste any more months, hope to start ivf asap...

Hi hi ladies! I'm new here. Seems most people are with KKH recently. Anyone currently doing ivf at SGH? Do we need to q for ivf after first consultation at SGH?
We have been doing our fertility treatments in NUH, but now the fertility clinic is temporarily close due to covid-19. So is considering switching to SGH, which is nearer to our place. Don't want to waste any more months, hope to start ivf asap...
Hi, I'm doing with sgh. There is no need to queue at sgh after first consultation. Just a matter of when you wanna sign consent form, get all tests done and when your period come.

Hi, I'm doing with sgh. There is no need to queue at sgh after first consultation. Just a matter of when you wanna sign consent form, get all tests done and when your period come.
Thank you for your reply! So the ivf procedures in sgh are not affected or delayed by the covid situation, right?
May I know which dr are you with?

Thank you for your reply! So the ivf procedures in sgh are not affected or delayed by the covid situation, right?
May I know which dr are you with?
Seems like not affected...but there are lesser patients there nowadays. I'm with Dr Yu.

I'm low amh. 1st time fresh ivf, only 1 egg. 2nd time, had to do FET because the medication made my lining too thin. Had 3 frozen but need to thaw all to choose best 2 to put in. So everytime I fail, I always need to restart everything... I will never have enough eggs to bring to next cycle. But I'll still continue at least till govt grant all used up or till I'm mentally too tired, and if still no child, I'll quit my job and do some low paying job that I have passion in. At least there is an advantage waiting for me if I am without a child. I think my body going haywire also hahah. Waiting for my period to come to officially feel closure to this ivf cycle...they said within 1 week is should come.

I'm low amh. 1st time fresh ivf, only 1 egg. 2nd time, had to do FET because the medication made my lining too thin. Had 3 frozen but need to thaw all to choose best 2 to put in. So everytime I fail, I always need to restart everything... I will never have enough eggs to bring to next cycle. But I'll still continue at least till govt grant all used up or till I'm mentally too tired, and if still no child, I'll quit my job and do some low paying job that I have passion in. At least there is an advantage waiting for me if I am without a child. I think my body going haywire also hahah. Waiting for my period to come to officially feel closure to this ivf cycle...they said within 1 week is should come.
Ya mine came on the day of bt for both occasions lol.. Jiayou~

Called SGH and understood that since last Friday, there are stopping fresh cycle of IVF for the time being till further notice. Was advised to call again in May...

Hi all understand from KK they’ve also stopped all frozen transfers till further notice. As these are considered non essential :( have to wait till after CB to see how sigh

Hi all understand from KK they’ve also stopped all frozen transfers till further notice. As these are considered non essential :( have to wait till after CB to see how sigh
Aww that's sad. It was essential when CB started. I think starting from second phase of CB (after PM speech) is not essential anymore... Guess that all public hospitals are stopping any IVF matters until further notice.. That's sad even though we understand... But still sad :(

Called SGH and understood that since last Friday, there are stopping fresh cycle of IVF for the time being till further notice. Was advised to call again in May...
Oo. My next consult is in June and planning to try again in end June/July. Hope they start accepting again soon!

Aww that's sad. It was essential when CB started. I think starting from second phase of CB (after PM speech) is not essential anymore... Guess that all public hospitals are stopping any IVF matters until further notice.. That's sad even though we understand... But still sad :(
yessss sigh :( feel like the time is never right. Guess just got to continue to try natural till then.

Perhaps also time for us to prepare our bodies for a better fight when CB is over. I’ve been taking folic acid, B12, sometimes red bean soup and ba zhen soups (post period), if anyone has good recipes/advice do share too :)

Updates measures was sent out on fri. Unless you met the criteria for ER, you wouldnt be able to go ahead and all ET has to stop till further notice. This applies to pte hosp too

I am the one affected by new measures. Very upset when I received call from my doc that we cant go ahead

Back