IVF 2019

Hi mummy to be, im still contemplating if i shld proceed with IVF. Can i have more opinion on IVF process? Is it a painful process in general? Pain rating in a scale of 1-5? Appreciate your help and advices mummy to be thank you

No pain, No gain. But in all honesty, I have low threshold for pain but I don’t find it painful per se. More like un-comfy / crampy after ER usually and will go off after 1 day or so unless you are gotten OHSS. Even so, that can be managed. Otherwise, the jabs and all are all very manageable. I was like you last time, keep putting off IVF coz of all the horror stories and the pain. Even the thought of going to the OT scares me. But trust me, all these are being amplified. I am lucky to have my friend whom went through IVF and she sat me through the whole process and assured me that it’s very ok and I'm glad that I listened to her and overcame my fears. Be positive, keep an open mind and don’t think of the pain coz it’s all in the mind. Think and aim towards your ultimate goal instead of focusing on the pain. Hope that helps and Good Luck!

I'm trying to find out more about insurance coverage for IVF.. I think it's called ARP insurance. But I cannot find any info on it. Not sure if insurers still have this plan since medishield covers all singaporeans from birth now. Anyone knows?

I'm trying to find out more about insurance coverage for IVF.. I think it's called ARP insurance. But I cannot find any info on it. Not sure if insurers still have this plan since medishield covers all singaporeans from birth now. Anyone knows?

Yes, you can still get ARP from GE.

Thanks. Maybe need to call them to ask. Did not find any result when googling. But anyway my ivf only in November... so just finding out first, hopefully I have the chance to purchase this insurance :)

The coverage is actually very limited. You may want to take a careful look before you purchase it.

Thanks. Maybe need to call them to ask. Did not find any result when googling. But anyway my ivf only in November... so just finding out first, hopefully I have the chance to purchase this insurance :)

After blood test positive, I found I did not buy the insurance mentioned in the briefing. So I have checked with kk nurse. They said the coverage is the same as medishield. That is why they do not remind me to buy the insurance.

You may ask this insurance question in the briefing if you have not gone through it yet. Otherwise, just ask the nurse. All the best to your ivf in Nov.

After blood test positive, I found I did not buy the insurance mentioned in the briefing. So I have checked with kk nurse. They said the coverage is the same as medishield. That is why they do not remind me to buy the insurance.

You may ask this insurance question in the briefing if you have not gone through it yet. Otherwise, just ask the nurse. All the best to your ivf in Nov.

Medishield at least cover most hospitalisation but the ARP from GE only cover NICU. That's why I also didnt take up the ARP.

Hi I’m half way at TWW. I am very torn to do yoga or not. So yesterday I gave in to temptation and went but it’s a Low intensity stretch yoga. During the session, I experienced a bit of cramping. >.< omg. Makes me slightly worried. I think I’m gonna stop my yoga.

@JanessaLi I continue to do Low intensity yoga during my ivf but stopped 1 day before egg retrieval.
I didn’t take anything special to prepare for IVF. I only ate a little more healthily - more fruits and vegetables plus do relaxing yoga. The doc do give folic acid but u can get enough through fruits. Jiayou and hope that u get many good qualities eggs!

Thanks! I'm so nervous even though it's still a few months away. Just watched a you tube video of how someone does the injection. Heard so many people say it's ok, but after I watch the video I got even more nervous! But it's quite informative. At least I know what to expect. :)

Thanks! I'm so nervous even though it's still a few months away. Just watched a you tube video of how someone does the injection. Heard so many people say it's ok, but after I watch the video I got even more nervous! But it's quite informative. At least I know what to expect. :)

Try to relax. I think the more relaxed, the better the result.

I scared of the injection. So, every time my husband would do it. I close my eye and think of other things. The pain level I can bear, just don’t wanna see the needle.

Hi I’m half way at TWW. I am very torn to do yoga or not. So yesterday I gave in to temptation and went but it’s a Low intensity stretch yoga. During the session, I experienced a bit of cramping. >.< omg. Makes me slightly worried. I think I’m gonna stop my yoga.

@JanessaLi I continue to do Low intensity yoga during my ivf but stopped 1 day before egg retrieval.
I didn’t take anything special to prepare for IVF. I only ate a little more healthily - more fruits and vegetables plus do relaxing yoga. The doc do give folic acid but u can get enough through fruits. Jiayou and hope that u get many good qualities eggs!

Alright babe... Thanks... I am like jus gonna do my last strength workout and that's it. Since only the day 2 of the jab... Yah the doc got give me folic acid. I also read through some forum asking to eat more fruits and vegetables also.

May I know is it normal that our menses will come after we stop the crinone gel? Or the gel will not affect our menses cycle assuming our IVF fails?

Hi mummy to be, im still contemplating if i shld proceed with IVF. Can i have more opinion on IVF process? Is it a painful process in general? Pain rating in a scale of 1-5? Appreciate your help and advices mummy to be thank you

Hi ;)
In my own opinion, I don't know how many ladies will share the same thought as me. The physical pain/injection etc is nothing compare to mentally stress. Throughout the whole cycle, i'm rather more concern on the progress of how many n how the follices growth, whether are there eggs to go through the embryo stage. So to me each time when we need to go back for scanning is like getting a report book results. N I have bruises all over my stomach due to the injection, but those pain from the injections will eventually being forgotten once all the procedures were done.

I could still remember the most funny part during my 2nd ivf, during the egg retrieval, I was feeling a little uneasy in the OT, so the nurses keep talking to me. When i was sedated, I keep telling myself faster sleep so everything will end fast. So when I heard they called my name, I was rather feeling blur n tell them I haven't gone into my sleep. The nurse was laughing n told me that the retrieval already ended, I feel embarrassed that I pretended to fall asleep again. :p:p

To be honest once we start ivf cycle, we can't escape those pains, irregarrdles is physically/ mentally. We will need to go through alot more than others. Till today, i still learning it and tell myself, treat it as going for an exam, pray hard for good results. ;)

Hi ;)
In my own opinion, I don't know how many ladies will share the same thought as me. The physical pain/injection etc is nothing compare to mentally stress. Throughout the whole cycle, i'm rather more concern on the progress of how many n how the follices growth, whether are there eggs to go through the embryo stage. So to me each time when we need to go back for scanning is like getting a report book results. N I have bruises all over my stomach due to the injection, but those pain from the injections will eventually being forgotten once all the procedures were done.

I could still remember the most funny part during my 2nd ivf, during the egg retrieval, I was feeling a little uneasy in the OT, so the nurses keep talking to me. When i was sedated, I keep telling myself faster sleep so everything will end fast. So when I heard they called my name, I was rather feeling blur n tell them I haven't gone into my sleep. The nurse was laughing n told me that the retrieval already ended, I feel embarrassed that I pretended to fall asleep again. :p:p

To be honest once we start ivf cycle, we can't escape those pains, irregarrdles is physically/ mentally. We will need to go through alot more than others. Till today, i still learning it and tell myself, treat it as going for an exam, pray hard for good results. ;)

Cmf, totally agree that the mental pain far outweighs any physical pain. That’s why support is so important. So sorry that your last cycle didn’t work out, and yet u r so strong to want to proceed the next one. One thing I’m doing for myself, is hope for the best but prepare for the worst. We’ll never be truly released from stress until bb is safely in arms. Thx for sharing your funny story about 2nd retrieval. I remember babbling a lot of random things to the lady there after I was woken up. It was funny too. Did you ever get a reply about PGS? Jiayou!!!

Cmf, totally agree that the mental pain far outweighs any physical pain. That’s why support is so important. So sorry that your last cycle didn’t work out, and yet u r so strong to want to proceed the next one. One thing I’m doing for myself, is hope for the best but prepare for the worst. We’ll never be truly released from stress until bb is safely in arms. Thx for sharing your funny story about 2nd retrieval. I remember babbling a lot of random things to the lady there after I was woken up. It was funny too. Did you ever get a reply about PGS? Jiayou!!!

Yes, fully agree with you. The stress will never released till the bb is in our arms. Even thinking of going through another cycle again, make me stress. But I always told myself, you never try you never know. If i failed my another cycle again at least I know i live with not regrets, I try whatever I can just that the luck is not with me. So this forum give me more confidence as usually only my hubby n myself giving each other support for this journey.

Hmm as PGS, I think I will give it a try. But it also must depend on the no of embryos I have n whether they can survive to Day 5. Based on my past experience, I don't think I can pass through the day 5 stage.

Read all the post from morning until now. Best wish for all to get the baby soon.
This is our 2nd fresh IVF circle at KKH. She had very less good egg to retrive. First circle even dont have chance to do ET.
This time only possible retrive 1. And thanks god that we did D2 tranfer with grade 4 at 3rd Aug. BT yesterday 20th Aug. HCG level @ 1500+. Reception was told us need to do ultra sound scan on 30th Aug. Make sure is not chemical pregnancy. Its a hard way to go.

Read all the post from morning until now. Best wish for all to get the baby soon.
This is our 2nd fresh IVF circle at KKH. She had very less good egg to retrive. First circle even dont have chance to do ET.
This time only possible retrive 1. And thanks god that we did D2 tranfer with grade 4 at 3rd Aug. BT yesterday 20th Aug. HCG level @ 1500+. Reception was told us need to do ultra sound scan on 30th Aug. Make sure is not chemical pregnancy. Its a hard way to go.

Congrats. It’s a good hcg level. Hope you will have a smooth pregnancy.

Congrats!

@Cmf I sent u a pm about my PGS research

I understand your concern but the vaginal scans are the ones that I dread because it is uncomfortable. Other than that the pain is minimal. The nurses will coax you and try to calm you down. Relax and think of the possible end product. It will motivate you. :)

I understand your concern but the vaginal scans are the ones that I dread because it is uncomfortable. Other than that the pain is minimal. The nurses will coax you and try to calm you down. Relax and think of the possible end product. It will motivate you. :)
Hi there, yes I have the exact same feeling as you!! The injection pain is actually minimal compared to the vaginal scan. That is the one I dread the most..... :(

Hi there, yes I have the exact same feeling as you!! The injection pain is actually minimal compared to the vaginal scan. That is the one I dread the most..... :(

Just relax and close your eyes. Tell your nurse or sonographer you are not comfortable. They will guide you. All the best!

Hi babe
I am also half way thru my TWW..
So far do you have any symptoms?

Wow! Congrats! It’s really encouraging especially to low AMH females as low AMH has very little follicles to retrieve too.. and with just that 1 follicle that was retrieved have you a positive! Really happy for you! Hope all will go well for you :) which gynae are you seeing in kkh?

No pain, No gain. But in all honesty, I have low threshold for pain but I don’t find it painful per se. More like un-comfy / crampy after ER usually and will go off after 1 day or so unless you are gotten OHSS. Even so, that can be managed. Otherwise, the jabs and all are all very manageable. I was like you last time, keep putting off IVF coz of all the horror stories and the pain. Even the thought of going to the OT scares me. But trust me, all these are being amplified. I am lucky to have my friend whom went through IVF and she sat me through the whole process and assured me that it’s very ok and I'm glad that I listened to her and overcame my fears. Be positive, keep an open mind and don’t think of the pain coz it’s all in the mind. Think and aim towards your ultimate goal instead of focusing on the pain. Hope that helps and Good Luck!

Thank you so much for the advice dear. Appreciate it. I think i should be able to deal with the jabs. What i am worried of is the egg retrieval process. Understand needle will poke through the vaginal wall to retrieve the eggs. Is this bearable?

Hi ;)

Hi dear, thank you so much for the useful advices. You are a wonderful strong woman! Yes would agree that mental pain is worst. Im not afraid of needles, just worried about the egg retrieval process. Can i check which hospital were you with? KKH or SGH?

Hi dear thank you for the sharing and advices. Appreciate it. I went through vagina scan before, yes agree it is uncomfortable, but still bearable to me. Is the egg retrieval painful? Were you with KKH and sedated? Anyone is with SGH? If yes, were you sedated as well? Appreciate your sharing. Understand from a gynae in SGH there’s difference in sedation type as compared to KKH. SGH sedation is less stronger hence only some will fall asleep. Not sure how far it is true. I would prefer a stronger sedation to avoid the pain

Last edited:
Whooo... Okay... Thanks for sharing![/QUOTE
Hi dear thank you for the sharing and advices. Appreciate it. I went through vagina scan before, yes agree it is uncomfortable, but still bearable to me. Is the egg retrieval painful? Were you with KKH and sedated? Anyone is with SGH? If yes, were you sedated as well? Appreciate your sharing. Understand from a gynae in SGH there’s difference in sedation type as compared to KKH. SGH sedation is less stronger hence only some will fall asleep. Not sure how far it is true. I would prefer a stronger sedation to avoid the pain

Hello dear. I had no recollection of the egg retrieval. I know I was not asleep because the nurses said I kept talking but I had no memory of it. When I came around the procedure was over and I had no pain thereafter. I am with SGH with Prof Yu. If you think the vaginal scans are bearable then you are far better than me. So don’t over think ok? You can definitely overcome it! :)

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the advice dear. Appreciate it. I think i should be able to deal with the jabs. What i am worried of is the egg retrieval process. Understand needle will poke through the vaginal wall to retrieve the eggs. Is this bearable?

Hihi, you don’t feel anything during the procedure. After that, depending on number of embryos collected you might feel pain or cramp. The more embryos collected the more pain. It took 4 days for me to feel normal. Even though I talk about pain, we can handle it. It’s all fine ... don’t be scared!

Wow! Congrats! It’s really encouraging especially to low AMH females as low AMH has very little follicles to retrieve too.. and with just that 1 follicle that was retrieved have you a positive! Really happy for you! Hope all will go well for you :) which gynae are you seeing in kkh?
Dr.Tan Heng Hao, He always very busy.

At KKH, They will put the mask for you. After awhile you will fall to sleep. When you wake up everthing already done. They will monitor you for 2 hours. Make sure you are in good condition. If everthing goes well. You can go back home to rest. I think they all schedual it on the morning. Mostlikly you will feel your stomach pain. Dont walk too much and rest well.

As already mentioned by the ladies, you won't feel the pain coz you will be under sedation = deep slumber. When you are awake, you won't feel pain immediately also. I was still enjoying my cup of milo. Maybe a couple of hours later you will feel crampy that's all. I managed to sleep off with the discomfort and was feeling normal the next day. Don't think and read too much especially the negative part. Coz everyone's body is different also. Our mind is a very powerful tool. You can do this! Jiayou ok![/QUOTE]

Hi! For those who have received a positive beta after the tww, what support (progesterone in the form of crinone gel, Proluton jabs etc) does your doc give you?

Hi! For those who have received a positive beta after the tww, what support (progesterone in the form of crinone gel, Proluton jabs etc) does your doc give you?

Only duphaston tablet 2 times plus continue with the Folic Acid daily.

Last edited:
Hey ladies! Want to check what other test to go for? I’ve already done Pap smear, Hsg, AMH.. I know there’s one test called, fsh.. what other test is good to test for?

Hello dear. I had no recollection of the egg retrieval. I know I was not asleep because the nurses said I kept talking but I had no memory of it. When I came around the procedure was over and I had no pain thereafter. I am with SGH with Prof Yu. If you think the vaginal scans are bearable then you are far better than me. So don’t over think ok? You can definitely overcome it! :)

Hahaha okay thank you dear! Appreciate all the sharing and experience. You are a strong woman! Baby dust to all of us here, cheers and take care

Hihi, you don’t feel anything during the procedure. After that, depending on number of embryos collected you might feel pain or cramp. The more embryos collected the more pain. It took 4 days for me to feel normal. Even though I talk about pain, we can handle it. It’s all fine ... don’t be scared!

Alrite, your encouragement makes me more positive abt it! Thank you so much dear! Baby dust to us

As already mentioned by the ladies, you won't feel the pain coz you will be under sedation = deep slumber. When you are awake, you won't feel pain immediately also. I was still enjoying my cup of milo. Maybe a couple of hours later you will feel crampy that's all. I managed to sleep off with the discomfort and was feeling normal the next day. Don't think and read too much especially the negative part. Coz everyone's body is different also. Our mind is a very powerful tool. You can do this! Jiayou ok!
[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for the positive advices dear! Jiayou to us! Take care

Back