Can pregnant women eat steamboat?

Hello gals, can pregnant women eat steamboat? Thank you! :)
Can..but would suggest not to..cuz ppl keep putting food in to cook...it's easy to drink the soup with raw meat still inside..may cause diarrhea or worse, stomach flu..plus if the ppl u eat with happens to be sick or smth ..then may spread the germs to u...

Best not to lah...

Though its cooked, think better not to especially the ones outside as what Sparkle had said. Beware that there have been many food contamination issues around. Remain strict on the food choices now since pregnant cos our immune system is weaker than usual.

I eat hotpot at least once or twice a week before pregnancy & up to my current week 20. All is good. I don’t have any issues with hotpot & honestly, I can’t give up hotpot as I love it so much but I will choose more healthier items like more veg & beancurd.

My suggestion is to go for those reputable hotpot joints & ensure your food is fully cooked before eating. Usually when your friends know you are pregnant, they will also take special care when eating together..

Go for places with individual pot. I eat that occasionally and of course make sure all food is fully cooked.

The soup is like those we make at home where we put raw meat in and boil everything to all cooked.

I eat steamboat regularly when i was preg. No issues. Just cook the raw meats well and make sure fully cooked. I avoid BBQ though.
If you are scared, don't eat it during 1st tri.

Back