Large Dermoid Cyst during Pregnancy

Plummery

Hi all mummy,

I am currently 6 weeks pregnant and had my first visit to Dr. John Tee from kkh on Tuesday. During that less than 10 minutes of consultation, he found a large cyst (9cm), most likely dermoid cyst, on my right ovary and baby on slightly left. He just asks me to google about dermoid cyst, told me 2 options: open surgery after 12 weeks or after delivery. He never mention the risk of open surgery but he says if I decide to not remove the cyst, baby growth might be obstructed, I might have a torsion or rupture of cyst. He also says is not possible to remove it during c-sec cause there won't be space. Then he just quickly change the topic and gave me a stack of pamphlets to ask me to read and told me to go back in 3 weeks time. Yesterday I received a sms for a diagnostic scan at 11:30am then only gynae appt at 2:30pm afterwards. I'm feeling rather lost now and don't know what I should do.

Does any mummies experience this in your past? Could you share your experience and which gynae did you see?

Hi, my friend had a cyst too and she removed when she was 12 weeks pregnant. Her fetus continued to grow normally and she also delivered the baby safely.

Hi, my friend had a cyst too and she removed when she was 12 weeks pregnant. Her fetus continued to grow normally and she also delivered the baby safely.

That's good to know! Do you mind asking your friend to find out which doctor performed the surgery and what type of procedure she takes?

Back