IVF 2019

Hi girls! Am new here.. trying to conceive my first baby.. My gynae is Dr THH from KK, he told me to do AMH test and result was 1.0.

Just did my first fresh cycle, transferred 2 grade 4 Day 3 embryos. Today is my 8dpt..
I had crampings and a little backache on day6 after transfer then nothing... Feeling abit worried or maybe I’m thinking too much? Any girls can share your 2ww?

Last edited:
Is private ivf entitled to the 75% government co-funding too? Or only applicable for ivf subsidised referral from polyclinic?

Hi girls, I am new here. I failed 1 IUI this May and decide to do IVF in Singapore now. May I know how you girls reported to your work that you are doing IVF? I actually feel shy or uncomfortable to tell other ppl that I am doing IVF as it might not be successful. I don't know whether it is appropriate to tell colleagues/bosses that I am planning for IVF as it might affect my work performance. However, it will take a lot of MCs and the story cannot be covered in the end. Actually I am foreigner and in process of PR application, I actually wanna to stop working and focus on making babies only...ai... very complicated and feel a bit helpless, hope can hear some advices from the kind ppl. Thank you

Hi, anyone can describe their TWW? Currently I am 3 days after my ET. My ET is day 3 embryos. I do not have any cramping Nor feel anything different.

ER this morning. Dr retrieved 42 eggs. Haiyoh. Will freeze embryos, I'm praying that many are in good shape day 5. Amen.

Now I'm having cramps.. Im nervous about OhSS.. Any tips to reduce the cramps apart from egg white?

ER this morning. Dr retrieved 42 eggs. Haiyoh. Will freeze embryos, I'm praying that many are in good shape day 5. Amen.

Now I'm having cramps.. Im nervous about OhSS.. Any tips to reduce the cramps apart from egg white?

Wow thats alot! i only have 5 eggs retrieved.
Can try warm ginger water and take more protein. mine went off on 2nd day after ER.

Wow thats alot! i only have 5 eggs retrieved.
Can try warm ginger water and take more protein. mine went off on 2nd day after ER.

They prescribed me lucrin for trigger, means will not ET this cycle.. Hoping this will reduce OHSS. Thanks for the tips. Will do :)

42 is a lot. :) When I retrieved 15 for my first oocyte pickup, my doc asked me to drink lots of water. I remembered some sisters saying taking electrolyte filled drinks like 100plus and Gatorade help.

I also wanna make it in Sep... have you confirmed the schedule?
U will need to go thru ivf counselling and also it depends on whether you have done all the necessary checks for doctor's assessment on suitable treatment/injections for you. One of the scan that must be done is during menses 2-4 day to count your eggs. So that will kindof waste 1 cycle I guess.

hi. im new here too! just did the blood test last thurs and now waiting for the nurse to call me for the ivf briefing. Dr Tan said i could start my IVF in Sept. So excited yet so nervous! There are rumours that Dr Tan will be leaving KKH in Oct. Any other good gynae in KKH to recommend? Anyone with Dr Jessie?

Last edited:
Hey babe! I am! Today is 10dpt 3dt.... Thinking if I should test and when should I test before beta.. how are you holding up? :)

Hello! @LIVELOVEJOY, today I’m 8dp5dt. I have leftover preg kit.. they were expired though. Tried 2 since last Fri but it shows negative. This morn i tried ovulation kit it was positive. Perhaps i should try get a new preg kit.

Hello! @LIVELOVEJOY, today I’m 8dp5dt. I have leftover preg kit.. they were expired though. Tried 2 since last Fri but it shows negative. This morn i tried ovulation kit it was positive. Perhaps i should try get a new preg kit.
Which hospital did you went to? So good that you got the 5dt.... higher chance for you.... yes go get new ones! I have this feeling mine is gonna be negative, I don’t have obvious symptoms..

Hi Ladies,
Have anyone of u go through this PGS (Preimplantation Genetic Screening) before? Today I have went to see Prof Wong at NUH for my 3rd cycle ivf, he suggested this PGS? Does any ladies have experience that can share more about this? :)

hi. im new here too! just did the blood test last thurs and now waiting for the nurse to call me for the ivf briefing. Dr Tan said i could start my IVF in Sept. So excited yet so nervous! There are rumours that Dr Tan will be leaving KKH in Oct. Any other good gynae in KKH to recommend? Anyone with Dr Jessie?
Really? Oh no... im with Dr Tan probably doing FET cycle on end september so meaning transfer could be on October depends on my period.

Really? Oh no... im with Dr Tan probably doing FET cycle on end september so meaning transfer could be on October depends on my period.

Thats what ive been told. I forgot to ask him that day when i met him. sigh!

lets say if my period starts on first week of Sept, you think i can have him as my gynae for the entire ivf cycle?

Which hospital did you went to? So good that you got the 5dt.... higher chance for you.... yes go get new ones! I have this feeling mine is gonna be negative, I don’t have obvious symptoms..

KKH Dr. Tan TY. Mine is FET. I’ve been using yourduedate.com website it says i can get a positive result by 7th which is tmr. Previously it was accurate. I manage to get my very first BFP based on the date suggested by the website. But it was a twin pregnancy so probably it can detect early due to higher hcg. Is yours a fresh cycle?

KKH Dr. Tan TY. Mine is FET. I’ve been using yourduedate.com website it says i can get a positive result by 7th which is tmr. Previously it was accurate. I manage to get my very first BFP based on the date suggested by the website. But it was a twin pregnancy so probably it can detect early due to higher hcg. Is yours a fresh cycle?

Oh.. I doubt I have spare to do FET, I’ve got Low AMH 1.0.. this is my first fresh cycle and managed to get 11 oocytes, had a 3 + 1 hence put in 2 grade 4.. I wanted a day 5.. Haha twins pregnancy!!! I want it too but I don’t think Ill have because no symptoms at all till now.. Twins have early symptoms and much worse right?

Do you have symptoms now? How about your twins symptoms? Lol

Oh.. I doubt I have spare to do FET, I’ve got Low AMH 1.0.. this is my first fresh cycle and managed to get 11 oocytes, had a 3 + 1 hence put in 2 grade 4.. I wanted a day 5.. Haha twins pregnancy!!! I want it too but I don’t think Ill have because no symptoms at all till now.. Twins have early symptoms and much worse right?

Do you have symptoms now? How about your twins symptoms? Lol

I’ve been feeling very exhausted the past 2 days. Need to have at least an hr afternoon nap. No cramps. Just wet pantiliners probably due to Crinone 8% gel.

Dont worry abt symptoms. I dont have morning sickness nor backaches nor contractions throughout my twin preg. Just Brixton Hicks towards third trimester. So I’m very clueless abt early preg symptoms.

Perhaps if you have left over ovulation kit you might want to try test tmr morn?
Which hospital u go?

I’ve been feeling very exhausted the past 2 days. Need to have at least an hr afternoon nap. No cramps. Just wet pantiliners probably due to Crinone 8% gel.

Dont worry abt symptoms. I dont have morning sickness nor backaches nor contractions throughout my twin preg. Just Brixton Hicks towards third trimester. So I’m very clueless abt early preg symptoms.

Perhaps if you have left over ovulation kit you might want to try test tmr morn?
Which hospital u go?

Haha the symptoms got me really worrying tho.. but past 2 nights I had hot flushes and sweat when I sleep.. not sure is it the heat in my body because I’m taking tcm medication and also some herbs drink... same! All the gel discharge. Sometimes the discharge have tiny pink tints, kept telling myself not to overthink.. hahah

You didn’t have any symptoms at all for your twins pregnancy? Wow! So rare.. hahah so you didn’t have any symptoms and beta came back with positive just like that?

Yes.. I went to grab some test kit.. shall try tmr.. it’s day 11 tmr.. I’m at kkh with Dr Tan HH..

Haha the symptoms got me really worrying tho.. but past 2 nights I had hot flushes and sweat when I sleep.. not sure is it the heat in my body because I’m taking tcm medication and also some herbs drink... same! All the gel discharge. Sometimes the discharge have tiny pink tints, kept telling myself not to overthink.. hahah

You didn’t have any symptoms at all for your twins pregnancy? Wow! So rare.. hahah so you didn’t have any symptoms and beta came back with positive just like that?

Yes.. I went to grab some test kit.. shall try tmr.. it’s day 11 tmr.. I’m at kkh with Dr Tan HH..

Oh yes. I have tiny pink tints too! But i dont ttm.

Yup im very fortunate i dont have morning sickness. No backaches probably because i went for chiropractic adjustment almost every week. I gained 36.5kg by the tm i need to deliver at 36wks through elective c sec. I think i would have backaches if i didnt go chiro till the day before i deliver. Beta was 1729.

When’s ur BT?

Oh yes. I have tiny pink tints too! But i dont ttm.

Yup im very fortunate i dont have morning sickness. No backaches probably because i went for chiropractic adjustment almost every week. I gained 36.5kg by the tm i need to deliver at 36wks through elective c sec. I think i would have backaches if i didnt go chiro till the day before i deliver. Beta was 1729.

When’s ur BT?
Haha you have pink tints now too? Actually you’re roughly the same time as me right? Since you’re 8dpt5t means your retrieval till now has been 13 days? Since my retrieval was on 24th July... My Bt is on 13 Aug.. yours?

Haha you have pink tints now too? Actually you’re roughly the same time as me right? Since you’re 8dpt5t means your retrieval till now has been 13 days? Since my retrieval was on 24th July... My Bt is on 13 Aug.. yours?

Yup. More or less the same. =) mine is on 14 Aug. Good luck! Meantm dont worry too much. Go watch korean drama.. it helps.

Morning! I just tested and it’s negative. No faint line ): you?

I tested using the expired hpt. Negative. Hahahaha. I’m a day late for menses. No sign of af. Usually im very thirsty. Probably because im taking the Progesterone pill and Crinone gel. Will go get a new hpt soon. Dont be sad yet ok.. hang on!

Hi, anyone can describe their TWW? Currently I am 3 days after my ET. My ET is day 3 embryos. I do not have any cramping Nor feel anything different.
I am also in TWW, I did a frozen day 5 blastocyst transfer last Tuesday, and anxious me went to take a early predictor pregnancy kit test yesterday! Turns out negative sadly.. My blood test is on 14 Aug. This is my second ivf cycle, my first was a fresh cycle and I gave birth to a baby boy after that in Oct 2018. Praying for another success this time then can close shop....

I tested using the expired hpt. Negative. Hahahaha. I’m a day late for menses. No sign of af. Usually im very thirsty. Probably because im taking the Progesterone pill and Crinone gel. Will go get a new hpt soon. Dont be sad yet ok.. hang on!
Wah I'm also doing blood test on 14 Aug! And I went to do hpt yesterday which was negative also... :x

I am with Dr Jessie! She did my first ivf which was positive and she delivered my baby boy in Oct. I like her, straightforward, no need to wait too long for her usually. Just did my second ivf with her, transferred frozen blastocyst last Tuesday..

Hahah go buy new ones! My af only due on 11 Aug..

I am also in TWW, I did a frozen day 5 blastocyst transfer last Tuesday, and anxious me went to take a early predictor pregnancy kit test yesterday! Turns out negative sadly.. My blood test is on 14 Aug. This is my second ivf cycle, my first was a fresh cycle and I gave birth to a baby boy after that in Oct 2018. Praying for another success this time then can close shop....
Welcome to the 2ww!

Well hello @Ririko i did my trf on Mon. Day 5 blastocyst too. 2nd ivf too! First ivf in 2016 with bg twins. Prev preg did u do own hpt as well? Was it a day 3 embryo?
First preg I wasn't this anxious so I didn't do hpt!! Both times I did a 5 day blastocyst transfer. Wow twins! You put in 2 embryos? My gynae Jessie doesn't want me to transfer more than one due to higher risks involved... I don't have much symptoms, similar to previous round, not sure if I will be so lucky again so very anxious... Did you get your twins on one try?

Hahah go buy new ones! My af only due on 11 Aug..
Hahaha ok! Im getting them this evening.. went carousell and look for cheapie hpt to feed my curiosity. 11 Aug oh! Is it because urs was a day 3 trf. How long is ur cycle? Mine is ard 26-28day cycle. Anw dont rely on opk. I read online that our LH level could surge right before our af. Its like so easy to get a double line using opk but none on hpt. Let’s wait and see.

Back