Stay At Home Trying To Conceive (SAH TTC)

Hi I can provide a simple forecast of when it is more worth to go for ivf or trying to conceive with some calculations done but a small token of service fee applies. Please pm me if u r keen.

Please note this is not garrenteed will conceive method or successful pregnancy but higher chance of conception.

I conceived via first ivf with twins in 2016 and now pregnant naturally after knowing this method.

Hey Rebecca, I just quit. Trying not let work stress affect my emotion.

:)Hi there...i also quit my job to mainly focus on ttc! Been jobless for 2mths. Initially ws restless & boring but getting used to it. & we’re planning to have ivf soon so i’m not surprised if i decide to ‘rest’ at home till next yr. Might do some parttime job tho.

Hi, just want to share that i also took a long career break to try for baby. Was getting a good compensation with my corporate job but i knew the pace of work, responsibility and stress will be detrimental to my already low chance of pregnancy due to my age. I just wanted to make sure i do whatever i can to increase my chance of conceiving. I tried everything and nearly went for ivf too. Just want to share that i am finally conceiving, into my 8th week, naturally at >40 of age. So it is possible ladies! Keep up the hope!

Omg i’m glad i noticed ur post. It gives me hope. I turn 39 this yr and am ttc for first child. Congrats on ur pregnancy! We’ll pray for each other ya.

Hi Jenbluestocking, so did you decide to quit after all?
Hi Rebeccazoe,

Yes, I have quit my job and concentrate on Ivf process although hard decision. It’s really depends work flexibility of your current job and support. For my case, age catching up, nvr regret what i do, at least I’m trying my best on ttc.

Omg i’m glad i noticed ur post. It gives me hope. I turn 39 this yr and am ttc for first child. Congrats on ur pregnancy! We’ll pray for each other ya.
Modasu. Same here.. I'm turning 38 this yr and ttc #1. Married end of last year... So stressful. Also hoping. Trying for 3 cycles already naturally with timed opk.

hi I'm going for ivf too. can I be added to your wa group? I have also just tender to focus on ttc. am 38 this year

Hi I can provide a simple forecast of when it is more worth to go for ivf or trying to conceive with some calculations done but a small token of service fee applies. Please pm me if u r keen.

Please note this is not garrenteed will conceive method or successful pregnancy but higher chance of conception.

I conceived via first ivf with twins in 2016 and now pregnant naturally after knowing this method.

Hi
Im going for iui in this mth.
Any guidance for me

Thanks

I am also ttc and quit my job one month ago. I agree that work take a toll on our mental health. Flexible and part time hours will put us to ease and to balance ourselves in this stressful island :x just feeling glad that I'm not alone with you ladies.

Hi ladies, happy to find this forum. I am taking no pay leave in Jan or Feb for 6 mths to try for frozen ivf cycle. Failed 2 rounds of natural IUI and 2 cycles of ivf. Like a wake up call for me to take a break frm my stressful job! How you guys going to kill time beside ttc? Care to share? Jiayou ladies!!!!

Hi ladies, just want to share that i have delivered my baby girl successful naturally even with my >40 years of age. Keep up the hope! I do feel that my decision to quit my job to give my body the optimum conditions necessary to conceive really do make a difference. During this period, i went for regular walks and yoga, mindful to exercise but not overboard, lots of fresh air at the park, focus on healthy fertility eating, eat at home often where i prepare my own healthy meals, fertility massage, spend time on interests such as reading, investing, working on my side gigs/hustle etc etc. There's so much to do and work on. Never a moment bored.

One irritating area though is explaining to relatives why you are not working. We are pretty private and do not wish to tell relatives what we were trying to achieve. My side of family is quite chill actually so not so much problem, but my hubby side can be rather intrusive and kaypoh, so we kept it from them to save myself trouble and stress from all the questions. Lucky we did. Because after i conceived and people came to know i was not working, there were a few occasions where his side of relatives asked if i was working, as if it's some sin. i felt that i had to explain myself. It made me rather irritated actually. The fact is whether i am working or not is non of their business and make no difference to my life, yet i felt as if it's wrong not to be working. Imagine if i had let them know earlier during the period when i was not working and ttc.

In fact, my mother in law's seem to go around telling her relatives i am not working, such that even her sister, which is super distant relative to me, remarked that i was not working at least twice. I feel like telling her i am not working because i can afford to. And that, for the record, i was earning significantly more than my husband with a much promising corporate career that i sacrifice. Anyway, relatives...if you have kaypoh relatives, you may want to save trouble by keeping this from them.

Hi @JOJO_POS , I kill my times by attending short courses. I just completed IT course. Now I'm currently under training in art. And finally, I am 4 months preggy now ever since i quit my job which is my best decision ever made. I don't have an high end career but I spent quite frugally so I saved up a lot before I quit. Just eat cheap or cook at home. I do sometime gave in to temptation on cosmetics and girls stuff, so I wait for sales or through online. :)

To all ladies, never ever feel bad for quitting your job if you are trying to conceive.

To: @XYZ2018 I agree over the kaypoh relatives! My MIL learned that I am jobless but I don't know when she will ever tell. Hope she keep her mouth shut!

Reactions: QLW
Hi ladies

I also resigned from my stressful job a few months earlier to concentrate on trying to conceive. I did manage to succeed which was unexpected, in September but lost it a few weeks later.Was pretty upset and disappointed. Am also depressed as I could not look for a new job as I’m trying to conceive and I’m not sure when I can get pregnant.At least when I’m pregnant there is still some hope I can hold on to.
I do feel stressed too as I’m in my mid 30s and fertility age is catching up.

I agree that temporarily postponing your career to focus on trying to conceive is more worthwhile. You can find a job any time but there is a timeline on trying to conceive.I also agree that companies can easily find someone to replace once another leave.Also the colleagues which you once were on good terms with may soon lost touch one after another.There was this female colleague which I used to go lunch with and she seems kind and friendly. On the last day of work she even said things like to keep in touch. After my last day at work, I discovered she has deleted me as a contact in her social media account. What a two face person she is. I was a bit hurt but then thought over perhaps she felt it was meaningless to keep in touch with ppl who have left the company.Whatever.

I also have friends whom got married later than me but managed to have children quite quickly.There is one friend whom is so insensitive and like to ask every now and then when you are having children. Even if you tell her you are trying,she still ask.Super irritating.She too got pregnant and had given birth. When she was three months pregnant she just showcase her ultrasound scan picture of her baby in Facebook to boast about it.That got her a list of congratulatory messages.Guess she just love the attention.Now that her child is born, she couldn’t stop showcasing how blissful her life is.She must be feeling very proud of herself.Hah.

Anyway,sometimes I’m rather disillusioned with the so called friends in my life.Just sharing on some issues.

May all ladies trying to conceive become mummies soon! :) Have faith!

Hi babe! I took one year no pay leave for my 2nd cycle of ivf. Just completed 2nd cycle of ivf and waiting for FET.

All the best! So far i've done 2 rounds as well. Most people don't really understand why i wanted to stop work just to do this.

All the best! So far i've done 2 rounds as well. Most people don't really understand why i wanted to stop work just to do this.
As long as you got your spouse support, that's the most important :)

During my first ivf, I was working and have to answer to my bosses' call at the clinic, also rushed back to work after each visit and continue my OT. My mind was all abt work thoroughout the cycle. I felt I was not ready for the cycle and did little preparation. That's why my spouse suggested for me to take a break before my 2nd cycle.

I didn't tell anyone even my parents. Only my spouse, my bosses and a few close colleagues know abt my plan. Didn't want to have any unnecessary stress.

All the best to us!

Reactions: QLW
I think that staying at own home will have better result comparably (instead of still staying with PIL, SILs), I got a long career break but is not actively working hard on pregnancy plan... Just started a relatively more relax job and trying on tiao li, hope that all of us here can fulfill our wishes to become mummies soon!

Glad to know everyone here. I am also considering to quit and focus on ivf,may know any support group in this forum where we can share and exchange advice. Thanks

Last edited:

Back