Am I a nuisance to others?

Plummery

Whenever I'm nervous I'll gag. Nothing will come out other than saliva. I just found out I'm pregnant yesterday and double confirmed it today. I'm very self-concious about the gagging as I feel like I'm embarrassing myself alot and causing much discomfort to others whenever I gag. I'm waiting for my gynae's appointment and I'm worried that I'll gag at the waiting area and gag my way into his office. If you are there at the waiting area, will you be bothered if you see me gagging into a vomit bag? This nervous gag is making me more anxious. I feel like I'm a nuisance to others.

Gag reflex is a medical condition. you may want to seek treatment.

yes, people will be bothered w your constant gagging, only when they don't know of your condition.

meantime, learn to mentally suppress your gag reflex. whenever you feel like gagging, you try to relax your muscle (back of tongue) and 'drag' the gag frequency. maybe sucking a lozenges/etc helps? in short, mental control is important.

lastly, please see a doc for this condition.

Gag reflex is a medical condition. you may want to seek treatment.

yes, people will be bothered w your constant gagging, only when they don't know of your condition.

meantime, learn to mentally suppress your gag reflex. whenever you feel like gagging, you try to relax your muscle (back of tongue) and 'drag' the gag frequency. maybe sucking a lozenges/etc helps? in short, mental control is important.

lastly, please see a doc for this condition.

I started nervous gag since as young as during primary school. I know that mental control is important but is so difficult at times. I've seen doctor before and most of them refer me to a psychiatrist which suggest me to either take some relaxation meds which I'm not very keen. On days where my mind is stronger, I would tell myself is ok to just gag in public. I constantly carry sweets, crackers and vomit bags around. Sometimes I would feel so much better after gagging. I wonder if there's anyone who experience the same thing as me.

Try relax yourself. As you are aware, when you nervous, then you will gag. If you aren't then I doubt you will gag.
So no matter in what situation, don't be nervous, and try calm yourself.

Back