IVF April 2018

You just did your abt so you’re week 4. You can use your first day of your last menses as day 1. Or week 0, so count from there
Thank you again @HelloRuffles! Just had my first scan on the 23 Aug and est 6wks (whoa that's fast) and another next month before Dr Sadhana discharge me :) will probably be heading Parkway Hosp as its nearer for me.

Just to share abit, that I actually did a Natural IVF for my 2nd try. Dr Sadhana recommended coz she sd perhaps my body was not reacting well to the jabs. So my 2nd try was relatively easy. Just do blood test to confirm that I'm ovulating on my own. Many scans and blood tests later they do ER when size is right.

Downside is:
1. You may have one or no eggs at all
2. As no jabs and no trigger jabs, risk of egg ovulating by itself.

So, its all about timing, luck and a lot of faith in God. It was so surreal to see the heartbeat at only 6wks by the Almighty Creator.

Wishing u ladies all the best! * HuGs*

Thank you @Angel0811. Keeping my fingers crossed for a good first trimester (it has not been easy with major cramps, headache, loss appetite) Taking things one day at a time and celebrate the daily wins. Still have a long way to go
Yes, no worries, we are here together with you! will be rooting on for you hehehehe <3
Sorry if you don't mind me asking, what was your prognosis by your gynae? :)

As in, the reason for going through IUI/IVF (sorry I forgot which one you went through haha).. like for mine, I got male infertility problems.. :)
Ok, I actually was with Dr Fong Yang since 2016 while TTC. So had my HSG and tests done at Mt E and found out I had a blocked tube. So, I stopped my Chlomid tries and because of my age I went straight to KKH to register for IVF. Hubby's side all ok :) when I met Dr Sadhana, she agreed that we shld go straight to IVF instead of IUI or SOIUI.

Ok, I actually was with Dr Fong Yang since 2016 while TTC. So had my HSG and tests done at Mt E and found out I had a blocked tube. So, I stopped my Chlomid tries and because of my age I went straight to KKH to register for IVF. Hubby's side all ok :) when I met Dr Sadhana, she agreed that we shld go straight to IVF instead of IUI or SOIUI.
Ohhh, okie thank you so much :) I'm actually looking for Male factor infertility (varicocele + low morphology) success stories haha, so don't mind me asking ya :)

Hi ladies, I was here earlier this year when I did my 1st round of IVF at KKH in April'18. Fast forward, I just had my BFP test today for my 2nd IVF done in July'18. Now, declared pregnant and a very lost sheep. Where do I go from here? Can I deliver elsewhere n not KKH? Am I suppose to tell Dr Sadhana this coming appt?

Hope everyone is well and good luck for those who are still trying! Hugs n kisses!

Congrats to you. I saw in your later post that you actually went for natural cycle the second round. How is it considered not responding to jabs? Is natural cycle better actually?
Btw, may I know what is your age? Thank you.

Congrats to you. I saw in your later post that you actually went for natural cycle the second round. How is it considered not responding to jabs? Is natural cycle better actually?
Btw, may I know what is your age? Thank you.
Thank you first of all, I am 37 this year. Well, doc just said that perhaps my eggs weren't strong enuff because they were stimulated. They didn't reach blastocyst at 5th day transfer. They were growing at a day late.

My dr recommended me to do natural, which I was sceptical at first, coz she said eggs grown naturally tends to be stronger. I took the plunge even though it was not to my liking because there's so many factors that cannot be controlled. While on my routine tests n scans, I saw a couple of women holding the same kind of schedule like me and I knew I wasn't the only one which kind of made me feel better, lol.

The best part was that, I don't have injections to do upon myself daily

Thank you first of all, I am 37 this year. Well, doc just said that perhaps my eggs weren't strong enuff because they were stimulated. They didn't reach blastocyst at 5th day transfer. They were growing at a day late.

My dr recommended me to do natural, which I was sceptical at first, coz she said eggs grown naturally tends to be stronger. I took the plunge even though it was not to my liking because there's so many factors that cannot be controlled. While on my routine tests n scans, I saw a couple of women holding the same kind of schedule like me and I knew I wasn't the only one which kind of made me feel better, lol.

Thanks for the reply. Does that mean one cannot work if undergoing a natural cycle since so many uncontrollable factors? Cos Like as and when need to visit the hospital. Thank you.

Thanks for the reply. Does that mean one cannot work if undergoing a natural cycle since so many uncontrollable factors? Cos Like as and when need to visit the hospital. Thank you.
Not really. It's just that you are required more frequently to drop by for scans and blood tests and some home ovulation kits. So u gotta be on your toes and pre emp ur employers coz KKH can give u a rough date but it all depends on your body n your eggs.

Basically, u go in for first scan and blood test on your 2nd or 3rd day of full menses. So mine went like first scan n blood test on17/7, then 20/7, 23/7 this date i had a slight high surge so was asked to pee on ovul tests at home daily if dble line come back on 24/7 if not 25/7. I went back on 25/7 and had scan n blood test then repeat o 26/7 and they decided to pickup the next day coz the size is right and they are afraid it will ovul soon. 27/7 was set as 1st patient for OPU, scanned again and proceed with pickup.

Congrats!! Dr Sadhana is good n really advise her patient with her knowledge.

Our first IVF also fail because blastocyst didn’t reach day 5 as well.. but Dr Sadhana advise we rest for 2 mths n start again from fresh but with diff medicine to inject... finally second IVF we have 5 good embryos and my wife my pregnant for 8 weeks!! :)

Congrats!! Dr Sadhana is good n really advise her patient with her knowledge.

Our first IVF also fail because blastocyst didn’t reach day 5 as well.. but Dr Sadhana advise we rest for 2 mths n start again from fresh but with diff medicine to inject... finally second IVF we have 5 good embryos and my wife my pregnant for 8 weeks!! :)
Hi @Excited daddy, would you be keen to share which medicine did you use for the first and second round? :)

Hi @Excited daddy, would you be keen to share which medicine did you use for the first and second round? :)

Hi Angel0811,

First time: Gonal F 300mg after day 4 plus Orgalutran.

Second time: Puregon 300mg n Saizen after day 4 plus Orgalutran.

Trigger injection Choriogonadotropin on 36 hours before follicle collection.

Saizen need use special needle which bigger than the rest!!

Hi Angel0811,

First time: Gonal F 300mg after day 4 plus Orgalutran.

Second time: Puregon 300mg n Saizen after day 4 plus Orgalutran.

Trigger injection Choriogonadotropin on 36 hours before follicle collection.

Saizen need use special needle which bigger than the rest!!
Thank you so much! :) Can refer to for my upcoming IVF! :)

Hi ladies (& men if there are),

My IVF treatment started April 2018 but period came early on 29/03 at night. I got to call IVF Centre on Saturday 31/03 & was told to come down immediately for the ultrascan. Was given the stimulation jabs on the same day and scheduled for next ultrascan on 06/04. Jab was then increased & had last ultrascan the next day. I hate that seeing the doc was so fast that I don’t even know what’s really going on. How many follicles has grown or what’s the size.

My egg pick up was done on Tues 10/04 with only 1 egg retrieved. I was devasted. I went home crying. Then got a call from nurse just to inform me the time to come back on Thurs 12/04! Nothing else was said. Day came & was finally told my egg had fertilised by ICSI method. It was a grade 4 embryo.

Days went by & I got spotting exactly 1 week after ET, 19/04. Brushed off my worries. Spotting became brown discharge. & I’m still on crinone. Heavy bleeding started on Sunday 22/04. I’m doomed. Getting period days before my scheduled blood test. Why? I cried so bad till my hubby had to come home while serving his reservist. He called the clinic to have an early blood test today 24/04.

I was ready to hear a BFN from the nurse when she called. Nope! She said blood has traces of pregnancy with hcg level 25 and told me to take another blood test this thurs! This trying and waiting is making me so depressed!

Hi, can inknownhow much we need to fork out for IVF 1st cycle?

But roughly?
What is used to pay by medisave and cash?

Total bill for KKH estimated $12k to $16k..

Subsidies - depend if you n your spouse are Singaporean.. also depend the cycle
Medisave - $5k
Cash? Don’t know! Depend your final bill

U should consults n ask from the hospital.. non of ppl can give u the precise answer... maybe tmr rule change.

So $12k to $16k is very huge range... u won’t even know how much u going to Pay in cash maybe $5k or maybe 2k...

https://www.heybaby.sg/having-and-r...save-for-assisted-conception-procedures-(acp)

https://www.heybaby.sg/having-and-r...care-of-your-medical-needs/co-funding-for-art

Last edited:
But roughly?
What is used to pay by medisave and cash?
Hi,

For my IVF with KKH, both of us are Singaporean

We are entitled $7700 co funding from Govt, 6K from medisave.

But our total bill came back to be around 11K+, so we utilised 4k of our medisave only. I did not have to pay any cash.

But having said that really have to depend on your medication and duration of stimm. Good Luck =)

My counselling scheduled 8th oct 18 !! We got Male factor (varicocele).. How about you?? :)

Oh.. Low sperm count from your hubby? Actually we have same issue with varicocele and doctor advise me to do surgery but we didn’t go for it because no 100% after surgery my wife can pregnant naturally. (We found this 3 years ago) since then we try with TCM at Chinatown for 2 years before we visit infertility doctor at KKH.

wha I finally found someone who has varicocele after so lonnnnggggg!! Ours is low morphology! Did you manage to BFP with your wife when u did IVF at KKH?

Ya its a controversial topic on whether or not it improves count etc. But so far, Ours did improve, about twice the amount. We did the surgery because its covered under insurance (but after that premium increase sky high, so we had to downgrade the policy hahahahha)

Oh.. Low sperm count from your hubby? Actually we have same issue with varicocele and doctor advise me to do surgery but we didn’t go for it because no 100% after surgery my wife can pregnant naturally. (We found this 3 years ago) since then we try with TCM at Chinatown for 2 years before we visit infertility doctor at KKH.
Sorry I just read the post you posted, your wife is actually pregnant!! thats really awesome!! At least I know I might have chance!! Omg I am really grateful to have met you here hahahahha

By the way, May i ask if your first IVF was also with ICSI? Did you do DNA fragmentation Index test?

Sorry I just read the post you posted, your wife is actually pregnant!! thats really awesome!! At least I know I might have chance!! Omg I am really grateful to have met you here hahahahha

By the way, May i ask if your first IVF was also with ICSI? Did you do DNA fragmentation Index test?

Hahaha :) both IVF cycle are ICSI.. I didn’t twice semen test in 2015 and both are bad results with comments - Oligoasthenoteratozoospermia

Since then I never do the test anymore. After we consults Dr Sadhana at KKH, she advise us go directly to IVF because of our age. Initially I was refuse because I know the process n treatment will be painful to my wife but she want to try.. so I support her... every morning wake up early help her do the injection :p

I can share with you our experience and the process of IVF if you want to know more. Just pm me.

Hi, I'm new here and totally noe nuts about the terms that u all using :((
Had been gg to kkh for tests and follow ups. Results were out yesterday - all ok for me except that mayb ovalution didn't take place at times and I have a longer menses cycle.. i.e. between 36 to 42 days. Curious if anyone had the same problem with me? Don't think my menses cycle is normal and not sure what to do. Supplements? For my husband, it's not very positive. motility , density alot lower than the norm range. Does this means he is infertile? We are considering to opt for IVF. But I'm worried of the pain.... Coz after the hyfosy test, I felt giddy n vomitted. Ended up had to rest for like 30mins on the resting at.

Had been gg to kkh for tests and follow ups. Results were out yesterday - all ok for me except that mayb ovalution didn't take place at times and I have a longer menses cycle.. i.e. between 36 to 42 days. Curious if anyone had the same problem with me? Don't think my menses cycle is normal and not sure what to do. Supplements? For my husband, it's not very positive. motility , density alot lower than the norm range. Does this means he is infertile? We are considering to opt for IVF. But I'm worried of the pain.... Coz after the hyfosy test, I felt giddy n vomitted. Ended up had to rest for like 30mins on the resting at.

I was worried abt IVF too... and side effects. think for very long. wasted precious time. But after trying SO-IUI, which was almost the same in terms of the injections/ drugs... I found it wasn't so bad. just have to suck-up and inject. I prefer to do it myself than getting hubby to do it.

All the best !

I just did the first injection. Was concerned i cldnt do it myself as tot it wld be painful. But it was actually not that bad...didn't really feel any pain. I think i cld feel more from the accupunture needles then the injection needles.

Did u done the ET? If u hv frozen embryo then will be thaw cycle, no need injection anymore.

Yes so last month everything was already done and I failed this round. And I have another embryo that was frozen. I actually need to go for the blood test on Tuesday and wondering if I can str now do another round using my frozen embryo? Do I have to go thru ER again?

Yes so last month everything was already done and I failed this round. And I have another embryo that was frozen. I actually need to go for the blood test on Tuesday and wondering if I can str now do another round using my frozen embryo? Do I have to go thru ER again?

Since u hv frozen embryo then no need start the fresh procedure again. This is the reason why we freeze the embryo, otherwise no point for freezing.

Call n check with your doctor.. he/she never explain to u?

hi all , im going to start ivf this december. first appointment will be in 3rd dec. May i know whats will the doc do on the first appointment?

hi all , im going to start ivf this december. first appointment will be in 3rd dec. May i know whats will the doc do on the first appointment?

The procedure start immediately after your menses. The appointment is actually go through with u all the details n financial counselor. Good luck!

Which hospital u will do your procedure?

The procedure start immediately after your menses. The appointment is actually go through with u all the details n financial counselor. Good luck!

Which hospital u will do your procedure?
hi , do we need to draw blood to test if our body is suitable for ivf ? im going to dr ann tan @ mt elizabeth. normally how many days for de injection before egg retrieval? kinda excited yet kinda worried with the injections.

hi , do we need to draw blood to test if our body is suitable for ivf ? im going to dr ann tan @ mt elizabeth. normally how many days for de injection before egg retrieval? kinda excited yet kinda worried with the injections.

All depend on your follicle grow and body status

d7db56a4f4c1e8784005db9b2f362886.jpg

Hi BunnyKK, sorry to reply this late but I guess Cesca has summed up pretty much of it. True that each IVF experience really depends much on individual. I for one had only 4 days of jabs, last being on 11th April for scan and then 13th Egg Retrieval and they collected hub's sample and I was sent home with vaginal inserts squirt thingy for 2 days prior to ET. On 14th they call for hub's 2nd sample for the 2nd n 3rd egg. 18th I had my Egg Transfer. Currently, I am still on the 2WW HL ... I feel so fine that I hardly think of anything and constantly remind myself to keep it slow and steady n not prance ard like rabbit. I didn't do any SOIUI. I went straight to IVF Best luck to all of us here!

How are u Cesca! Coming along fine?
Hi, is the egg retrieval painful procedure?

Giving away a bag of newborn clothes.
A mixture of gender and neutral colours.
Self collect at Jurong West.
Sorry no pictures provided.
PM for details

Hi everyone, i jusT had my embryo Transfer yesterday.. I couldn’t sleep well at night due to the mid cramps.. i woke up in the morning and I realised there’s redish light bleeding /looks like spotting with menses kinda cramp... isit this normal!? Do any of you guys ever experience this? Can you share with me? Im feeling kinda worried and upset.. fyi this is my second ivf cycle, my first cycle was a success and I can’t recall expriencing all this cramps and bleed a day after embryo transfer

Back