Oscar results, seeking 2nd opinion

mini_cia

Hi,

I am 32 years old and currently 13 weeks pregnant with 2nd one. I conceived my 1st one at age 30 and she is a healthy baby.

Just received my oscar results last Sat, blood works are normal, however NT measuring 4.5mm and that greatly brings down my adjusted risk for T21 to 1:72 and T18 1:172, T13 is normal.

My gynae suggested i go for amnio test on week 15, appointment is booked but i am having 2nd thoughts because it is afterall an invasive procedure.

Wondering if anyone of you have encounter similar issue but chose to go for panorama test instead of cvs or amnio?

My gynae suggested amnio because he said he is 100% accurate and can test for other less common chromosomes issues as well.

My gynea didnt gave me an option since he considered me high risk.

We opted for CVS, since we can do it @ week 11. I also chose to have rapid tests ie tests on certain specific chromosomes.

Ultimately, it's really up to you. I was comfortable wif my gynea n hence, when he said do, i will just do it.

Hi,

I am 32 years old and currently 13 weeks pregnant with 2nd one. I conceived my 1st one at age 30 and she is a healthy baby.

Just received my oscar results last Sat, blood works are normal, however NT measuring 4.5mm and that greatly brings down my adjusted risk for T21 to 1:72 and T18 1:172, T13 is normal.

My gynae suggested i go for amnio test on week 15, appointment is booked but i am having 2nd thoughts because it is afterall an invasive procedure.

Wondering if anyone of you have encounter similar issue but chose to go for panorama test instead of cvs or amnio?

My gynae suggested amnio because he said he is 100% accurate and can test for other less common chromosomes issues as well.
Hello there mini cia

May I ask if you went to seek second opinion in the end? I’m asking for advice if you did so. How did you find the second gynae and how was it?

I am also preggy with my 2nd one at 22wks now but the detailed scan showed some abnormality on the baby’s leg. Am thinking how to go abt to do a second opinion.

Even after doing Panorama you still need to perform an amniocentesis to confirm any positive results. It should be stressed that one should not make a decision based solely on non invasive testing like panorama.

Back