IVF 2019

Went straight to the clinic, bleeding was dark red and heavy but the scan, everything looks like it progressed well. Hope the cramps n bleeding stops soon. I think maybe i over exerted or something
Thats good news.
Have a good rest and be an 'invalid'. Let everyone else do the heavy lifting.

Have you done your 1st dating scanning and how's the result?
Brown discharge can go 2 ways.
Have not had a dating scan. But i did go to the hosp just now. Saw the sac and everything seems like it is progressing well. Bleeding has sort of subsided. Resting at home now.

That was terrifying. I have never been so worried before!

Have not had a dating scan. But i did go to the hosp just now. Saw the sac and everything seems like it is progressing well. Bleeding has sort of subsided. Resting at home now.

That was terrifying. I have never been so worried before!
Babe, rest well. I have brown discharge from time to time. Will have my first scan tomorrow. So nervous!

Feeling super emo now. Wonder if its the progesterone or just myself.

Feeling crampy, boobs suddenly no longer hurting. Just like pre AF symptoms.

I dont feel anything else.

Beginning to feel disappointed though I kept telling myself not to expect, not to hope. But its very tough.

I really want a child. Just one is all I ask for.

Feeling super emo now. Wonder if its the progesterone or just myself.

Feeling crampy, boobs suddenly no longer hurting. Just like pre AF symptoms.

I dont feel anything else.

Beginning to feel disappointed though I kept telling myself not to expect, not to hope. But its very tough.

I really want a child. Just one is all I ask for.

Hey, don’t feel so disheartened. Don’t read too much on google. Everyone’s body is different and symptoms will differ.

I feel that during my first FET, I read too much on google looking out for symptoms and it stressed me out.
Gona have my next FET next Monday. Hopefully all will go well this time round.

Hey, don’t feel so disheartened. Don’t read too much on google. Everyone’s body is different and symptoms will differ.

I feel that during my first FET, I read too much on google looking out for symptoms and it stressed me out.
Gona have my next FET next Monday. Hopefully all will go well this time round.
Hands itchy.
Google google google.
I have been warned but I still went ahead and googled. Hahaha.

I know symptoms differ from person to person and sometimes, there is no symptoms.

Congrats! How much is your beta?

My first scan is tmr too.
Not as high as yours, 897.

I feel nauseous, sleepy and tired for about a week already. Very hard during work time. Wanna ask doctor how to reduce these symptoms tomorrow.

Good luck to your scan tomorrow!

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

I always keep myself motivated from the many stories here... And from my friends.

I dont know how you all get through time after time after time. Sometimes, it feels that I am not destined to be a mother.

Seeing that blastocyst somehow gave me that glimpse of hope. I hope that one day, o will be able to see that two beautiful lines on the hpt. And increasing hcg. And a healthy baby.

Returning to work soon to keep my mind off things.

I know exactly how you feel, it’s really hard... hang in there, you’re not alone.... many of us are in the same struggle...

Hands itchy.
Google google google.
I have been warned but I still went ahead and googled. Hahaha.

I know symptoms differ from person to person and sometimes, there is no symptoms.

Yeah, understand. Me too. As much as I told myself not to google.. I still did and kept thinking why I don’t have this and that symptoms. Haiz. Stay strong! Don’t give up.

Was a bit constipated this morning and had a stomachache, did not strain myself but afterwards there was brown/light pink spotting which turned a bit pinkish red but only visible when wiped. Hv mild cramps (the af and the constipation kind). Is this normal? Abt 5 wks now and still on progesterone.

Not to worry, just take your progesterone as usual it happen to me too,what more is flow out in pinkish color n stain the panty liner... after go hospital check they say the sac is there n cervix close. Most likely is old blood with discharge increase so seems alot.

Not to worry, just take your progesterone as usual it happen to me too,what more is flow out in pinkish color n stain the panty liner... after go hospital check they say the sac is there n cervix close. Most likely is old blood with discharge increase so seems alot.
Thanks for reassuring me, i hope so! Tge doc cannot ascertain where the bleeding is from. Went in to check if things are still ok yesterday, and the sac and all are there and growing, but cos of the bleeding i'm now on bed rest.

Hello ladies, just a quick survey..anyone transferred >1 embryo and gotten twins? Have been suggested to transfer 2, and there is 20% chance of twins..

Wow congrats! How many embryos or blastocyst did you put in? ET or FET? So exciting and happy for u..: having twins is my dream and wish, only transferred 1 blastocyst though..... in my 2WW now.... transferred last sat... BT on 18th

I put in two day2 embryos. ET.

Thank you! Today's my scan. Still keeping my fingers crossed tightly.

All the best to u!!!

Thanks for reassuring me, i hope so! Tge doc cannot ascertain where the bleeding is from. Went in to check if things are still ok yesterday, and the sac and all are there and growing, but cos of the bleeding i'm now on bed rest.
Please take good care! Rest well and all the best!

By the way, can I ask about the embryos?
I have 8 oocytes which are all fertilized, out of which there are 4 blasts. Remaining 4 are in cavitating stage and they need another 2 days to see if it turns into blast.

I dont understand why some people already have frozen embryos on D2 or D3. But for mine, those 4 are not frozen but kept under observation.

I will not know the results until my beta on the 18th. Only know that 3 blast are frozen for now.

Have anyone had this before? I tried to ask the embryologist but she didnt give me a definitive answer.

Not as high as yours, 897.

I feel nauseous, sleepy and tired for about a week already. Very hard during work time. Wanna ask doctor how to reduce these symptoms tomorrow.

Good luck to your scan tomorrow!
Hi
I agree with u. I too feel tired and sleepy during the days. I also have quite a number of pimples on my face:(

By the way, can I ask about the embryos?
I have 8 oocytes which are all fertilized, out of which there are 4 blasts. Remaining 4 are in cavitating stage and they need another 2 days to see if it turns into blast.

I dont understand why some people already have frozen embryos on D2 or D3. But for mine, those 4 are not frozen but kept under observation.

I will not know the results until my beta on the 18th. Only know that 3 blast are frozen for now.

Have anyone had this before? I tried to ask the embryologist but she didnt give me a definitive answer.
No answer on why D2/3 embryos are frozen. But if you have 3 frozen already, those should be d5 blastocyst.

In my experience, a report was provided 10days after ER, with details, pictures and grading of frozen embryos. None of these will be past d6/7.

Kkh had call me, my screening and BT will be on 18 Jun, 20 Jun counselling, anyone same date for counseling? They said if everything OK, next month first day menses must call be kkh, feeling scare and nervous.

2c8eedf511470c4b49d8bba375f7dd74.jpg
I get very faint lines like this .... and it doesn’t appear immediately.... takes a while... so nervous... taken at least 2 a day in the last 3 days.. BT is coming tues, I don’t know what to think really.....

2c8eedf511470c4b49d8bba375f7dd74.jpg
I get very faint lines like this .... and it doesn’t appear immediately.... takes a while... so nervous... taken at least 2 a day in the last 3 days.. BT is coming tues, I don’t know what to think really.....
Yes yes I can see it!! <3
It's good!! Hehe

Test daily to see if the line darkens :)

Last edited:
Hello ladies, just a quick survey..anyone transferred >1 embryo and gotten twins? Have been suggested to transfer 2, and there is 20% chance of twins..
Do keep us updated and good luck to you!

Thank u!
I transferred two, but scan only show one :)
The other din make it.

Dr did say he put in 2 to increase chance but they actually discourage multiples due to higher risk.

But I'm really happy with even just one.
All the best to everyone :)

Hi all, I’m going for my 2nd FET, but the nurse mention no need to do any scanning on the 2nd or 3rd day of menses cos they already know my baseline from previous transfer. Can I know is it a common practise ?

Thank u!
I transferred two, but scan only show one :)
The other din make it.

Dr did say he put in 2 to increase chance but they actually discourage multiples due to higher risk.

But I'm really happy with even just one.
All the best to everyone :)
Congrats on the one!
Yes, doctor actually said chances of twins are low. Success rates increase to 60/70% if transfer 2 as opposed to 1 (40/50%)

Hi all, I’m going for my 2nd FET, but the nurse mention no need to do any scanning on the 2nd or 3rd day of menses cos they already know my baseline from previous transfer. Can I know is it a common practise ?

Hi, I’m also going for my 2nd FET. But I did a scanning to plan the FET day. Dr had to see the thickness of the lining.

Hi, I’m also going for my 2nd FET. But I did a scanning to plan the FET day. Dr had to see the thickness of the lining.

Hi there, I remember you !! We did our 1st IVF on March. Are you with KKH ? I just feel weird why the nurse told me no need to check linning. Just come straight to check linning on day 8.

Hi. Would like to know the amount u guys fork out in cash for IVF. Trying to read up more before deciding to go for IVF. TIA
Hi.. I fork out around 1.5k cash in total prior to the start of IVF treatment. This was paid for initial blood test (there is few blood test by the way) , check ups (also if you have any medical history), scans and seminars. Once they start treatment, all will be paid by gov funding and medisave. BUT should you require more dosage and it exceeds the total combine amount of gov funding and medisave, then you will have to top up the difference by cash. For myself, i did not top up any cash for my 1st fresh cycle. I am now on my 2nd fresh and on long protocol. I am not sure if i need to top up cash yet, but if required to, it will be less than 1k cash according to doctor. But to get the full subsidy, please go to polyclinic first and get a referral.

Hi.. I fork out around 1.5k cash in total prior to the start of IVF treatment. This was paid for initial blood test (there is few blood test by the way) , check ups (also if you have any medical history), scans and seminars. Once they start treatment, all will be paid by gov funding and medisave. BUT should you require more dosage and it exceeds the total combine amount of gov funding and medisave, then you will have to top up the difference by cash. For myself, i did not top up any cash for my 1st fresh cycle. I am now on my 2nd fresh and on long protocol. I am not sure if i need to top up cash yet, but if required to, it will be less than 1k cash according to doctor. But to get the full subsidy, please go to polyclinic first and get a referral.
Hi, what is gov funding?

Hi everyone!

Decided to sign up for an account as I just started IVF at SGH.

First consultation with Dr Yong in Oct 2018, and subsequently did 2 IUIs that failed. Our main cause of concern would be my low egg reserves and the husband's swimmers. Decided to just go ahead with IVF after my IUI in April failed because I guess there was no point in trying the 3rd time with our test results and spending more cash on it.

Experience at SGH has been great so far. I like the nurses, and even Dr Tan who assists Dr Yong when she's busy or not around has been encouraging.

Just did my 3rd jab of Orgalutran today, and also Elonva after my first scan. Scan shows 10 follicles, which is better than my previous scan during IUI which had only 6. A lot of worries still going on in my head, because what if there are no eggs or what if the quality is bad. But I am also trying to stay positive and be grateful for the 10.

:)

Hi there, I remember you !! We did our 1st IVF on March. Are you with KKH ? I just feel weird why the nurse told me no need to check linning. Just come straight to check linning on day 8.

Hi! Yes.. did 1st IVF in March. I’m with Virtus.

Did my 2nd transfer today. Praying it all goes well this time round

Back