IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Hi all, am also seeing prof wong at nuh and am scheduled for my iui tomorrow. Am excited but also trying to tell myself to have 平常心 :) any advice on what i shd or shd not do or eat pls? Or whats the procedure like and how long it will take?

Hi hope ur iui went well. Try not to have big movement such as walk too fast, bend down, squat or carry heavy things these 2ww. Dun eat 'cold' food such as barley, pineapple, kang Kong, green bean, etc. Eat more red bean soup and also can try to eat hard boiled eggs.

Hi babe, im currently 11 days post iui. And I'm feeling cramp today with brown spotting or discharge. Think I'm out this mth again
How did it go? The cramps can be quite bad on the night of the iui and then on and off cramps the days after. Maybe can drink red dates also? At least to warm the tummy when u feel crampy.

Hi hope ur iui went well. Try not to have big movement such as walk too fast, bend down, squat or carry heavy things these 2ww. Dun eat 'cold' food such as barley, pineapple, kang Kong, green bean, etc. Eat more red bean soup and also can try to eat hard boiled eggs.

Hi thank you for the advice. I am trying not ti think too much. Went to temple to pray and walked ard abit n the rest of yest i just rested. Will avoid cooling food and rigorous exercise or movement.

Hi babe, im currently 11 days post iui. And I'm feeling cramp today with brown spotting or discharge. Think I'm out this mth again
I also think I’m out this month as well. Starting to have cramps and pimples which r the symptoms I always have one week before my period comes :(

I think most importantly to go to a doc you think you can trust. I also switched doc cuz I kind of lost confidence in my first doc. As for their fully booked schedule, I am sure once you have set your mind on a doctor, it will be fine. Take the waiting time to try naturally and enjoy romantic time with your hubby? :)
Hi gemini3383 haven’t heard from u. U doing ok? Hope everyone is well.

*Hugs* we all know how that feels. Hugs again.
Thought of what to do next? Another round of iui?

Hugz yah lo that 2ww is suffering haha. Actually Dr tan suggest me to go for one time iui then ivf. But I discussed with hub we shd be trying natural first if this iui failed. What abt u?

So far I got cramp on the 11 days post iui then no cramps *crossed fingers* as of now but just dark brown spotting still. How u feeling today?

Hi thank you for the advice. I am trying not ti think too much. Went to temple to pray and walked ard abit n the rest of yest i just rested. Will avoid cooling food and rigorous exercise or movement.

Hi babe, yea try to relax although it's hard Hahaha. Hope to hear ur gd news

Hugz yah lo that 2ww is suffering haha. Actually Dr tan suggest me to go for one time iui then ivf. But I discussed with hub we shd be trying natural first if this iui failed. What abt u?

So far I got cramp on the 11 days post iui then no cramps *crossed fingers* as of now but just dark brown spotting still. How u feeling today?
I’m still feeling crampy. Sians. The cramp is the distinctive-period kind of cramps. Haha. But will see how. I’m thinking of trying another iui this month end and then maybe take 1-2 months break before trying IVF. Think IVF really takes alot of courage and determination and commitment actually. Physically emotionally will be affected and even work. Haha.

I’m still feeling crampy. Sians. The cramp is the distinctive-period kind of cramps. Haha. But will see how. I’m thinking of trying another iui this month end and then maybe take 1-2 months break before trying IVF. Think IVF really takes alot of courage and determination and commitment actually. Physically emotionally will be affected and even work. Haha.

I just read urs is natural iui right? Nv tot of gg for SO-IUI first then ivf?

I just read urs is natural iui right? Nv tot of gg for SO-IUI first then ivf?
Oh cos my doc believes that if want to do so iui w medication and injections might as wel do ivf since need to go thru these as well, and chances higher. That’s prof P.C. Wong belief I guess. He tells that to most patients I know.

Oh cos my doc believes that if want to do so iui w medication and injections might as wel do ivf since need to go thru these as well, and chances higher. That’s prof P.C. Wong belief I guess. He tells that to most patients I know.

Ohh my hub also told me shd go for ivf since so-iui also need injections. But then ivf really way more invasive than so-iui in terms of injection quantities. To me is like who knows iui can make it then dun need try ivf liao ma haha. Different doc advise differently according to their belief lo. Hope our first time can be a successful one then skip ivf

Ohh my hub also told me shd go for ivf since so-iui also need injections. But then ivf really way more invasive than so-iui in terms of injection quantities. To me is like who knows iui can make it then dun need try ivf liao ma haha. Different doc advise differently according to their belief lo. Hope our first time can be a successful one then skip ivf
YA I agree loh, ivf is v invasive and quite detrimental to health actually. Imagine the amount of drugs into our body to stimulate 20 over eggs. And the embryo retrieval also. But friends who told me that after a successful ivf, u look back and u will think that - u r Glad u did that. And it wasn’t as tough as u have expected. Haha. Women are so tough and brave!

Hi gemini3383 haven’t heard from u. U doing ok? Hope everyone is well.
Hihi! I'm back, sorry for going on radio silence for awhile. I had my menses today so.. this cycle didnt work out for me. A bit sad at the beginning but hubs told me it is ok, we dont give up. It is the official first cycle anyways..

My next cycle will be challenging. Hubs and I both travel a lot for work, and his schedule clashes so we have to freeze his semen. And I'm gg for iui procedure alone. Like single parenting

How's everyone doing? Let's keep encouraging one another!! I believe God put the desire to have baby in us, so he will make our dreams and desire come true ~

Hihi! I'm back, sorry for going on radio silence for awhile. I had my menses today so.. this cycle didnt work out for me. A bit sad at the beginning but hubs told me it is ok, we dont give up. It is the official first cycle anyways..

My next cycle will be challenging. Hubs and I both travel a lot for work, and his schedule clashes so we have to freeze his semen. And I'm gg for iui procedure alone. Like single parenting

How's everyone doing? Let's keep encouraging one another!! I believe God put the desire to have baby in us, so he will make our dreams and desire come true ~
Hihi, lets continue to encourage and support one another. Hugs. I’m also having on-off cramps and symptoms I usually get the week before my menses. Wells.

Anyway don’t feel sad about going for the iui together! I went for my first iui procedure alone too. My hubs just started his new job so he left after he dropped his semen at the hosp. Had a good breakfast and sorted some thoughts out! It felt good :)

Yes, perhaps is a: “not now, but soon” kind of stuff. We will get there eventually, one day.

Hihi, lets continue to encourage and support one another. Hugs. I’m also having on-off cramps and symptoms I usually get the week before my menses. Wells.

Anyway don’t feel sad about going for the iui together! I went for my first iui procedure alone too. My hubs just started his new job so he left after he dropped his semen at the hosp. Had a good breakfast and sorted some thoughts out! It felt good :)

Yes, perhaps is a: “not now, but soon” kind of stuff. We will get there eventually, one day.

Thank you XJJ! You are right, nothing wrong about doing it alone. And would be good too to have some time alone to quiet down and be expecting of good news to come. :)

Yes, baby dust to all of us! Am sure it will come someday soon. Meanwhile we just relax and try to enjoy the process...

Thank you XJJ! You are right, nothing wrong about doing it alone. And would be good too to have some time alone to quiet down and be expecting of good news to come. :)

Yes, baby dust to all of us! Am sure it will come someday soon. Meanwhile we just relax and try to enjoy the process...
Yes, in fact I really can’t wait for the second iui attempt though I woke up feeling sad bcos the cramps r getting a little more intense :( Maybe the upcoming iui I will be more relaxed and bo Chup; and read less into the symptoms during the TWW :)

Yes, in fact I really can’t wait for the second iui attempt though I woke up feeling sad bcos the cramps r getting a little more intense :( Maybe the upcoming iui I will be more relaxed and bo Chup; and read less into the symptoms during the TWW :)
Yes! And keep your mind busy with other things :) I still travelled and did my regular barre.. it helps. I didnt think too much or looked much into the symptoms too.. and oh I drank a lot of warm water and stopped caffeine, maybe that's why my cramps isnt tht bad this month.

Yes! And keep your mind busy with other things :) I still travelled and did my regular barre.. it helps. I didnt think too much or looked much into the symptoms too.. and oh I drank a lot of warm water and stopped caffeine, maybe that's why my cramps isnt tht bad this month.
My period finally came and today is only 10dpiui. This is v strange bcos my menses is always regular, somehow the iui made my period came earlier :( does anyone here experienced the same before?

My period finally came and today is only 10dpiui. This is v strange bcos my menses is always regular, somehow the iui made my period came earlier :( does anyone here experienced the same before?

This mth I also out liao my menses came. Mine was on the dot as usual. Maybe ur luteal phrase is shorter this mth? Did ur doc prescribe u any progesterone after ur iui? For me my doc did give me. I read progesterone will delay menses but I was not affected.

This mth I also out liao my menses came. Mine was on the dot as usual. Maybe ur luteal phrase is shorter this mth? Did ur doc prescribe u any progesterone after ur iui? For me my doc did give me. I read progesterone will delay menses but I was not affected.
No the doc didn’t give me any medication after the iui. By the way do u have any side effects after taking progesterone? Heard that it gives very bad headache and skin breakout (bcos it’s like an influx of hormones u get before u have ur period). Not sure if it’s true.

By the way, have also talked to a few friends who tried Iui and ivf, and I have decided to skip this month’s cycle of iui and go for ivf in the next cycle. So will just take a break go for the ivf counselling and all. Waiting For nuh call tomorrow to confirm.

No the doc didn’t give me any medication after the iui. By the way do u have any side effects after taking progesterone? Heard that it gives very bad headache and skin breakout (bcos it’s like an influx of hormones u get before u have ur period). Not sure if it’s true.

By the way, have also talked to a few friends who tried Iui and ivf, and I have decided to skip this month’s cycle of iui and go for ivf in the next cycle. So will just take a break go for the ivf counselling and all. Waiting For nuh call tomorrow to confirm.

No bad headaches or skin breakout. What I noticed is I had little clogged bumps on forehead which I think shd be related to hormones change based on Google. Yah taking a break is gd. Meanwhile try natural while waiting for ivf. Fighting

No bad headaches or skin breakout. What I noticed is I had little clogged bumps on forehead which I think shd be related to hormones change based on Google. Yah taking a break is gd. Meanwhile try natural while waiting for ivf. Fighting
Jiayou girls

Feels normal..everyday i think abt it...sighz...this morning i cldnt resist and took a preg test...bfn...im only 7dpiui...how to last til 18dpiui man..so difficult
So im 11dpiui and just had some brown spotting..last 2 days the usual stomach cramps and all like how i always feel few days b4 my af..looks like my first iui failed too

hihi...i m new here...just did 1cycle of IUI on 31 May but 16 June started bleeding...gone for 1cycle...today per doc advise, i will b starting my SO-IUI...hopefully gd gd news

hihi...i m new here...just did 1cycle of IUI on 31 May but 16 June started bleeding...gone for 1cycle...today per doc advise, i will b starting my SO-IUI...hopefully gd gd news
Hi hope good news for u this time! My started bleeding this afternoin too..so fail for my first iui

my gynae gave me duphaston 10mg after my 1st IUI

I did my 2nd IUI on 12 June, on 25 June af came... Gone for my 2nd IUI... So sad

dun b sad....jiayou!!! as lng as dun give up can ler...i will going for SO-IUI tomorrow
Hi can I Guess ur doc is at kkh? I know nuh doesn’t really recommend so-iui whereas kkh usually recommend so-iui. Based on my hear-say and forum reads. Haha.

dun b sad....jiayou!!! as lng as dun give up can ler...i will going for SO-IUI tomorrow
Hi can I guess u r with kkh? Cos I know kkh usually recommends so iui but nuh doesn’t. Based on the reads on forum and hear-say. Haha. And nuh doesn’t really give any medicine or topical medication after the iui.

Hi can I guess u r with kkh? Cos I know kkh usually recommends so iui but nuh doesn’t. Based on the reads on forum and hear-say. Haha. And nuh doesn’t really give any medicine or topical medication after the iui.
nope..i am with TMC...with Dr Eunice Chua from TLC clinic..3rd floor of TMC

Hi everyone,

I had iui done 3 years back and got successful on the second attempt with my lovely boy. A year ago I conceived naturally but had a MC and now I am going on iui again this year trying to get my second baby. On my third attempt now but doesn’t seems like it will be successful:(

Hope everyone of us get baby dust and see two lines soon!

Hi everyone,

I had iui done 3 years back and got successful on the second attempt with my lovely boy. A year ago I conceived naturally but had a MC and now I am going on iui again this year trying to get my second baby. On my third attempt now but doesn’t seems like it will be successful:(

Hope everyone of us get baby dust and see two lines soon!
lets jiayou...just did SO-IUI yesterday..,failed 1st rd of attemp...just chill chill and wait for 2 lines

Hi everyone!

I started my first IUI last cycle and well, it was a failed attempt :( AF came just 11dpo. But am all set for the second attempt, so just went for my Day 12 scan today but follicles are all small both on the left and right. Usually there'd be at least one of a decent size by Day 12. Anyone here experienced delayed follicle growth the next cycle after an IUI attempt too? Doc asked if I was too stressed during the last cycle. Haiz; I don't think I was but maybe my body thought otherwise haha.

Anyway, baby dust to all and all the best to those on their TWW!! :)

Hi everyone!

I started my first IUI last cycle and well, it was a failed attempt :( AF came just 11dpo. But am all set for the second attempt, so just went for my Day 12 scan today but follicles are all small both on the left and right. Usually there'd be at least one of a decent size by Day 12. Anyone here experienced delayed follicle growth the next cycle after an IUI attempt too? Doc asked if I was too stressed during the last cycle. Haiz; I don't think I was but maybe my body thought otherwise haha.

u trying IUI or SO-IUI? my 2nd attempt is SO-IUI...bt only got 1 egg

Hi all, I'm planning to do my SO-IUI this coming cycle @kkh.

Any Dr in particular that is good in this? Im with Dr THH but he doesnt do IUI. He only does IVF...

Can I also ask at this point would you consider switching to do IVF? E.g. after how many attempt of SO-IUI?

Hi everyone!

Hi Adel, you r v lucky to have gotten your boy for 2nd attempt of IUI. Jia u for your 2nd child!!

Hi everyone!

Hi my AF came 10dpiui and I also experienced delayed follicle growth. In the last cycle my follicle was 17.5cm on 13th day, but this cycle my cycle was 14.5cm on 13th day. And in the last cycle I had alr ovulated on the day of IUI, but this cycle, the doc told me I’m ovulating anytime on the day of iui.

lets jiayou...just did SO-IUI yesterday..,failed 1st rd of attemp...just chill chill and wait for 2 lines
Haha cycle buddy, we shall chill chill then. I think I’m More relaxed for this cycle having done the first cycle last month. How r u feeling? I’m just having v slight cramps, and is so much lesser than the last cycle of iui.

Hi Adel, you r v lucky to have gotten your boy for 2nd attempt of IUI. Jia u for your 2nd child!!

I think u are replying my post! Haha I actually went for surgery to remove my polyps and fibroid before I started my iui back then. So thank goodness i succeeded on second attempt but this time is tough! 3 times and this cycle I am getting symptoms just like what I would have before menses. So Sians . Doctor say to try another 2 rounds before considering IVF but we are not going for that . 2 more rounds no more means I need to close my factory and just wait for miracles to happen naturally. ! *pray hard*

Back