Maid or Infant care?

XxblackfacexX

Hi All,

I will due in Sep... Was considering Infant care or helper.

My husband prefer infant care but I prefer helper.

As now just the two of us house already in a mess, everyday after work reached home already so tired.. Cannot imagine after baby is out.

Frankly, both has their ups and downs.

Of cos having a helper will mean dat a house is relatively clean. However, do note dat only an experienced helper will b able 2 help u clean d house without much "training" D only downside wld b... d helper will b used 2 d way she does things n may not wanna change 2 d way u want things done.

4 me, we have a helper whose responsibility is 2 house-keep. Her job doesnt include taking care of d BB (now a pre-school)

U need 2 identify d reason 4 having a helper... to take care of your baby or to clean house? Putting baby 2 infant care is just dat... cos there may not b anyone fr either family who can help look after baby. But do note dat if d helper's main task is 2 take care of baby, den d house may still b in a mess... since d helper may not have time 2 do much house chores....

U need 2 balance dat....

I'm also thinking about this. I want to find a helper who can be like a second mum to my kid, but not sure if it's too much to ask for :/

Have the same doubt here... but a friend of mine recommend me to have a confinement nanny when I am in confinement to take care of baby and myself (which they usually cook quite well in confinement food) then have a maid after my confinement and when I ready to go back to work... and this is what she does. The reason to do so is to make sure we will have a break and someone who can teach us on taking care of the baby when I can really recover in confinement but have a maid to take care the household and baby for long term.

Just to share...

I didnt have a confinement nanny. I only have my DH n helper during my confinement. I engaged a helper 2 - 3 mths b4 I was due. DH was my confinement "nanny". He would cook my meals n on days when he has 2 go out 4 meetings, my mom will b there 2 help.

My mom helps me 2 look after DD wif d help of helper. Helper's main chore is housework, n my mom's main job is 2 look after my DD. I once had 2 change my helper cos she was upset dat we didnt let her take care of DD. However, as I have made it v clear 2 agent dat her job is to do housework n cook, I dont expect her 2 take care of my DD. I just want her 2 do well in her daily chore. Since she wasnt happy, agent told me 2 let her go since she still insist on wanting 2 care 4 my gal.

There is nothing wrong wif wanting 2 get a helper 2 look after your little ones, but need 2 strike a balance. Can't expect them 2 look after LO well n expect all household chores 2 b done. I have a friend who constantly had 2 change helper as she felt d helper cant do wat she wants... I saw d list of things she wants d helper 2 do... everyday must wash floors after d kids have their meals... curtains wash every week... cook 4 d kids... bring d kids 2 pre - school... ironing clothes... marketing...

Frankly I told her... if she herself cant do it... dont expect d helper 2 do it... Helper sleeps late 2 complete, yet expect helper 2 do nite feed... I think it's too much... We need 2 b fair...

I also faced the same problem but finally i decided to go for Nanny. I am lucky because i found the nanny just few blocks away my house and she is not calculative because I sent my bb boy there before 7am and sometimes I pick him up late at the evening. I always feel paisei but my nanny said is ok because she understand no easy for working parents.

you can consider to find a nanny instead.

Understand about difficult for helper to look after BB and housechores.

The plan to have helper is to look after baby.. as for housework, planning to get helper do during weekends when I am at home.

But during confinement period we have hired a confinement nanny.

Anyway, likely will be getting helper.. Now don't know to go which agency.. As i heard some agency fees quite high.

Well... depending on what nationality helper u r getting, i understand dat 4 Myanmar nationals, they share d same pool. Hence, no matter which agency u go... it's d same pool of helpers choice.

I m just glad dat d agency I went back, thu d agent is no longer wking in S'pore, he is now an agent in Myanmar. He could still remember me... N he told d Sing agent dat he remembered me... Glad he did cos I den told d local agent 2 make sure d helper has gd attitude. He told me not 2 worry...

So far, d helper is slow, but has v gd attitude.

Hi All,

I will due in Sep... Was considering Infant care or helper.

My husband prefer infant care but I prefer helper.

As now just the two of us house already in a mess, everyday after work reached home already so tired.. Cannot imagine after baby is out.

For me, it was a straightforward decision to place my firstborn in infant care as I found one with good infant educarers and principal. However, I'm also caught with the same situation now with my second one due in a few months' time.

It would make more economic sense to get a helper who can care for the kids and do some general housework. As it would cost be more than $1K per month just for childcare services. Hence, I am looking for a helper. However, to my dismay, the cheapest source of helper from Mymmar is not recommended for infant and childcare. I was advised to get a Filipino helper instead.

The other headache is the cost of confinement nanny which easily cost more than $3K just for their services, meaning that my initial plan of getting a helper and confinement nanny at the same time is going to be challenging. And I had been advised that if I get a helper after confinement, having to handle an infant with my first born and guide the helper will drive me crazy.

My husband is not on the same page as I am in terms of these arrangement. So I'm basically stuck to the extend that I feel really lousy about having this baby.

IMHO, I feel that it would be best to have a formal word with your husband on whether to get a helper or go for infant care/nanny and reach an agreement. The last thing you want is to fall out with your husband over this matter.

Back