Is Hsg ( hysterosalpingogram) necessary?

Hi I jdid a hsg n the doctor couldn’t see my left tube in the X-ray. He says there could be a possibility of blocked being tube. Anyone has a similar experience but it turned out that the tube was not blocked?

Plus my right side was dilated. Does it my mean my chances of conceiving naturally are gone? Wil tcm work?

Hi Ladies, if we only have 1 Fallopian tube then how to check of the tube is strong to conceive again? Has any of u have only 1 tube and manage to conceive again? What was the produce done for u by your gynae? Because my TCM told me need check with gynae which side is the egg and if it's at the strong Fallopian tube side then can conceive if it is at the lost side of Fallopian tube then no point.

Hi, I’m in the same situation before. HSG showed one side blocked, but during keyhole surgery recently (due to suspected pelvic adhesions affecting the Fallopian tube), gynecologist found that tube is not blocked?! Your gynae should be able to tell you which is the more “active” ovary to make a more informed decision.

Hi I jdid a hsg n the doctor couldn’t see my left tube in the X-ray. He says there could be a possibility of blocked being tube. Anyone has a similar experience but it turned out that the tube was not blocked?

Plus my right side was dilated. Does it my mean my chances of conceiving naturally are gone? Wil tcm work?

Hi, I was in the same situation before. HSG showed one side blocked, but during keyhole surgery recently (due to suspected pelvic adhesions affecting the Fallopian tube), gynecologist found that tube is not blocked?!

I’m resuming TCM soon, no harm trying right.

Hi, I’m in the same situation before. HSG showed one side blocked, but during keyhole surgery recently (due to suspected pelvic adhesions affecting the Fallopian tube), gynecologist found that tube is not blocked?! Your gynae should be able to tell you which is the more “active” ovary to make a more informed decision.

Oh dear then u went through the surgery for nothing??? Did the gynea explain why wasn’t the hsg results accurate?

Oh dear then u went through the surgery for nothing??? Did the gynea explain why wasn’t the hsg results accurate?

She said probably I was too nervous during HSG or something. She couldn’t be sure ‘cos the diagnosis was from my previous gynae. With this second gynae, we are thankful to know the tube is not blocked. She cleared some of the adhesions and took out 2 small fibroids.

She said probably I was too nervous during HSG or something. She couldn’t be sure ‘cos the diagnosis was from my previous gynae. With this second gynae, we are thankful to know the tube is not blocked. She cleared some of the adhesions and took out 2 small fibroids.
Hi, can i ask how was the adhesions cleared. What did she do to clear them and how she took out the 2 fibroids? Im asking this bcos i hv 2 fibs in my uterus. I was advised to remove it thru ops but if adhesion happens, i may not be able to concieve at all and i think this sounds scary.

Hi, can i ask how was the adhesions cleared. What did she do to clear them and how she took out the 2 fibroids? Im asking this bcos i hv 2 fibs in my uterus. I was advised to remove it thru ops but if adhesion happens, i may not be able to concieve at all and i think this sounds scary.

Hello!
I underwent laparoscopic surgery (keyhole) to remove the fibroids and adhesions.. I’m not a doctor, but best to have them removed? Cos my gynae told me having fibroids during pregnancy may be more risky. All the best!!

Hi zesty, hope you are fine!
Can I check with you if your gynae asked you to rest for a period after the surgery bfr starting to conceive again?

So I wanted to say, if SHG showed that the fallopian tubes are blocked, it doesn't mean that they blocked, it can be spasm, like it was in my case. Thanks to Dr. Yu Su, she explained this to me and send to repead the test under anasthesia.
I was very disappointed with my ex gynae in raffles and XRay department in ME, they never supposed that.
Hi !!! I just did and HSG at Mount Elizabet and both tubes blocked.. never have anything like undo, previous surgeries.. good to know that you did under anesthesia.. asked my Gine about this option and he said no.. !

Hi girls, I am new to this forum and ttc and embarking on the various fertility tests right now.. would like to understand whether the HSG test is absolutely necessary and any downsides/ risks involved?

Hi girls, I am new to this forum and ttc and embarking on the various fertility tests right now.. would like to understand whether the HSG test is absolutely necessary and any downsides/ risks involved?

HSG would be able to see if your tubes are blocked which I believe if we are trying to conceive it would help to check if the tubes are clear of blockage like abnormal growth, preventing ectopic pregnancy as well.

Some wrote after this procedure will help clear minor blockages hence easier to conceive after this check. This I not really sure if it helps though.

Downsides will have slight spotting for first few days and abdominal cramping too though some never experience anything at all and can resume normal daily activities. For me I have spotting for 3 days and cramping for more than a week. Risk involved is very very minimal and rare for eg infection but we were given antibiotics before the procedure so I can say this is a rather safe procedure.

HSG would be able to see if your tubes are blocked which I believe if we are trying to conceive it would help to check if the tubes are clear of blockage like abnormal growth, preventing ectopic pregnancy as well.

Some wrote after this procedure will help clear minor blockages hence easier to conceive after this check. This I not really sure if it helps though.

Downsides will have slight spotting for first few days and abdominal cramping too though some never experience anything at all and can resume normal daily activities. For me I have spotting for 3 days and cramping for more than a week. Risk involved is very very minimal and rare for eg infection but we were given antibiotics before the procedure so I can say this is a rather safe procedure.
thanks so much babe!

Hi, I was in the same situation before. HSG showed one side blocked, but during keyhole surgery recently (due to suspected pelvic adhesions affecting the Fallopian tube), gynecologist found that tube is not blocked?!

I’m resuming TCM soon, no harm trying right.
can you advise who was the 2nd Gynaecologist?
I want to recheck on my tube too

Hi all, I am new to this forum. My husband and I are recently considering to embark on the TTC journey. I have done the necessary fertility checks like ultrasound scan and blood tests, results came back normal. Was wondering if I still need to go for the HSG test? Or would the other tests be good enough? Thanks in advance for your advice.

Hi all, I am new to this forum. My husband and I are recently considering to embark on the TTC journey. I have done the necessary fertility checks like ultrasound scan and blood tests, results came back normal. Was wondering if I still need to go for the HSG test? Or would the other tests be good enough? Thanks in advance for your advice.
We did all the tests except for HSG initially cuz there are some risks and if there are other abnormalities in any of the rest of the tests then we will tackle those first before HSG but our results came back normal so we went for HSG.

For us doing HSG was the final step to confirm we are perfectly alright and one less thing to worry about.

KKH recommended us to do the hy-fo-sy test instead of the typical HSG test whereby they used foam instead of dye to check the tubes and also the womb cavity (to see if there are possible cysts, fibroids etc).

I would say the experience wasn't painful, more uncomfortable and it felt a lot similar to menstrual cramps.

It's good to go for it for peace of mind.

Hi, my gyn also encouraged me to do HSG test in TMC. Can I check does TMC give painkillers or antibiotics before/after the procedure? I heard KKH does give but I am not gg there. I also have read online about the discomfort and am worried too.

I did HyFoSy test at KKH as part of fertility checks. The experience wasn’t painful but the cramps for the rest of the day was bad. All good by the next day. I’m sure pte hospital like TMC will do the necc to make you comfortable. By chance I conceived one month after the HyFoSy. :)

I just did HSG at TMC last week, was referred there by Raffles Hospital (so the antibiotics and painkiller were prescribed by Raffles). Was told it’s a pre-check before going for IUI.

There was cramping during the procedure, but it was a lot faster than I expected. Mild cramping for the rest of the day, but was alright the next day

Hi all, thanks for sharing! I also just did mine today at TMC (referred by my gyn in Novena). I was nervous at first but the nurses there were quite reassuring. I agree that there was some cramping during the procedure but it was bearable and the process was super fast like 5-10min (faster than I expected). After that I had some spotting and bleeding but could resume most of my work and activities a few hours later. My cramps were only during the procedure so after that I was ok. I guess is also mind over matter.

Back