IVF 2019

:D
Yes I did! Lol but I dont wanna be happy too soon before BT and 6w scan...
My previous chem preg turned out nothing in scan.. so fingers crossed tightly for now.........

All the best to u too :)
U had chemical pregnancy before? Me too.. wonder what did u do for ur current cycle to improve? Which doc are u with?

U had chemical pregnancy before? Me too.. wonder what did u do for ur current cycle to improve? Which doc are u with?

Yupp, but that was not IVF, conceived naturally but it didnt work out.

I was on conceive well for almost 2 years already (hoping to improve egg quality).
Then ate egg white + avocado during stims. Took less carbo. Kept eating fish (salmon and cod) everyday after ET. Went for acupuncture. Drank red dates + goji everyday, wore socks in the house. And keep positive and pray for the best. :)

I'm with Dr Tan HH at kkivf.

Wat u mean by nothing?

I was spotting so went to the gynae. But doc couldn't see any gestation sac in my uterus. He said either too early / chemical preg / etopic preg. He asked if I wanted medicine to support the pregnancy. I didnt take.. and then 2 days later, AF came.

So now I'm really scared to see spotting. Kept checking now and then make sure no blood...

:D
Yes I did! Lol but I dont wanna be happy too soon before BT and 6w scan...
My previous chem preg turned out nothing in scan.. so fingers crossed tightly for now.........

All the best to u too :)
So happy for you! Remember you transfer two embryo? Could be twin?

All the best for your tomorrow BT!

Just completed ER.

Retrieved 8 oocytes. Does it mean 8 eggs? Or 8 follicles?

Tried reading online but I am totally confused by all these terminology.

Doc ticked blastocyst and hopefully no calls from them till Day 5. At least that is what the nurse told me.
How does the doc determine whether Day 2 or 3 or 5 to go for ET?

I dont think I will know the grading till ET.

I went to do my blood test this morning. About 2.5 hrs later, the clinic called to inform me of my result. Basically the clinic expects the result to be above 100. And anything below 6 is considered as not pregnant. My number is 12.5 which is very low. Nurse said i am technically pregnant but they want me to come back on Wed to retest. Ideally the number should be above 100 by then.

Don’t know what to think now. I have never been pregnant before, not sure how i feel about being “technically pregnant”. I have read extensively for the last half hour on the success rate of this. Most aren’t but they are a few special ones which did so i am holding on to their stories.

Babe, how are things on your side?
Hope all is well.

Just completed ER.

Doc ticked blastocyst and hopefully no calls from them till Day 5. At least that is what the nurse told me.

I think it meant 8 eggs - from there they will see how many are mature, can be fertilized and progress to blastocysts. Depending where you’re doing your ER, different place have different reporting progress. When I was with KKH, I have to go back on Day 3 to be ready to transfer. But end up I went to get updates and transfer is on Day 5. Now I’m with Virtus, they will call to update on Day 1, 3 and 5.

All the best!!

Just completed ER.

Sharing from my experience this week.

8 oocytes doesnt mean for sure 8 mature eggs.

They planned me for D5 ET as well but bcos on D2 the progress was good they called me back earlier for D2 transfer.
You will find out the grading during ET.

Hope this helps

Sharing from my experience this week.

8 oocytes doesnt mean for sure 8 mature eggs.

They planned me for D5 ET as well but bcos on D2 the progress was good they called me back earlier for D2 transfer.
You will find out the grading during ET.

Hope this helps
Oh ok. I think its different practice for every place.

I definitely have more follicles than the 8 retrieved. At least 4 or 5 more.

Nurse said they didnt retrieve all. Just the bigger ones.
I thought they will retrieve all as what some of you said.

All the best!!

Mine actually retrieved all. And determined that 1 was abnormal, 2 immature (which they are incubating) My charges were based on number retrieved actually. >6 was standard rate, but cheaper for 1-2 / 2-3 etc

Are you doing icsi?

BTW, anyone experiencing alot of bloat post ER

Mine actually retrieved all. And determined that 1 was abnormal, 2 immature (which they are incubating) My charges were based on number retrieved actually. >6 was standard rate, but cheaper for 1-2 / 2-3 etc

Are you doing icsi?

Are you doing icsi?

Oh. I didnt ask whether it is icsi or the normal ivf. Too sleepy and hungry to ask.

And I read online that if sperm quality is good, they will go by traditional ivf. Not too sure how it will go..

And yes, quite a bit of flatulence. Drink lotsa water. And eat more proteins to rid it.

9f7527a74b9bbcff334629c40c0b6740.jpg

9c342c9ffbe1463b657b558740e25593.jpg

Different type of medication

Hi, your Wife succeeded in Puregon with saizen cycle?

I think it meant 8 eggs - from there they will see how many are mature, can be fertilized and progress to blastocysts. Depending where you’re doing your ER, different place have different reporting progress. When I was with KKH, I have to go back on Day 3 to be ready to transfer. But end up I went to get updates and transfer is on Day 5. Now I’m with Virtus, they will call to update on Day 1, 3 and 5.

All the best!!

I’m with Virtus too! I think their service is really good!

I have heard a lot of good things about Virtus too, and am considering this clinic. They say on their website that they specialize in egg donation. Anyone has experience with their egg donation program? Please share.

I have heard a lot of good things about Virtus too, and am considering this clinic. They say on their website that they specialize in egg donation. Anyone has experience with their egg donation program? Please share.

Hi @Angelica Cheng , not too sure about the egg donation. But the staff are really nice people. You can call them up anytime to ask anything. Doctors will give you their Hp nbr too. So that you can check with them if you any doubts or questions. There is no Waiting time too. Only thing is can’t claim the govt funding.

Hi, thks for the info, I worry both about the process and money as I 41 this yr, so no subsidise from government.
The bulk of the costs comes from the injections so it really depends how many days of stimulation you need. I had 8 day stimulation and my total costs came up to 12K+. This is at govt hospital

It’s to suppress ovulating or forming any cyst. To prepare the lining for better hatching.
I thought with FET I’ll be able to avoid all these hormones, but who knows was prescribed whole load of hormones. Im taking mercilon and later progynova. Doing a triptolein jab as well

My stims were abt 2 wks, did medicated fet (with icsi and assisted hatching) at private clinic, total cost now abt 14k (bef medisave reimbursement of 6k)
That’s not very costly! Of but you don’t get the Govt subsidy if u go private. I think i went Govt hospital as a private patient so the price difference is not that big?

That’s not very costly! Of but you don’t get the Govt subsidy if u go private. I think i went Govt hospital as a private patient so the price difference is not that big?
Actually, private allows you to claim Medisave twice. Claimed 6k for ER and will claim 5k during FET. Applicable as long as both are not done within the same cycle. But of course, bear in mind that we are only allowed 3 claims cumulative.

Also, noticed many doing ET rather than FET. Is this a choice or just mandated by Kkh? Trying to understand why not FET to allow body to heal first..

My stims were abt 2 wks, did medicated fet (with icsi and assisted hatching) at private clinic, total cost now abt 14k (bef medisave reimbursement of 6k)
Does this include ET? If no, mine also similar range.

Actually, private allows you to claim Medisave twice. Claimed 6k for ER and will claim 5k during FET. Applicable as long as both are not done within the same cycle. But of course, bear in mind that we are only allowed 3 claims cumulative.

Also, noticed many doing ET rather than FET. Is this a choice or just mandated by Kkh? Trying to understand why not FET to allow body to heal first..

Does this include ET? If no, mine also similar range.
Includes FET. This is the cost i have incurred so far from the early tests, the stims to medicated cycle, all the blood tests, scans and consult, meds to control period, round of progynova aft tt, to fet (icsi on 12 eggs, froze 5 and assisted hatching on 2 embies) and medication to last till bt.

The doc recommended fet as he felt that it would allow the body to flush out the drugs from the ER. But he did give us time to ask ard and think through. It also timed well with our work schedule, so we went with it.

Last edited:
Btw the 2wk after transfer, before BT, is there anymore hospital leave given? Need to lie on bed to stable it?

You will be given Hospitalization leave from ER :)
Around 17 days.
No need to strictly lie on bed cos u still need to move ard for blood circulation. Light activities is ok, no heavy lifting/vigorous exercises. rest whenever tired and stay positive & stress free :)

Also, noticed many doing ET rather than FET. Is this a choice or just mandated by Kkh? Trying to understand why not FET to allow body to heal first

I think if there is a case of OHSS, then it will be FET for the body to heal instead.

Otherwise should be ET.

You can request to do FET. Just bear in mind that it will be charged separately and not considered as part of the fresh. The FET will be counted as one of the three frozen cycles eligible for grant/medisave claim.

Hi dear, yes my hcg level was 867. Fingers crossed tightly till both our 6w ultrasound scans.. :)
wah!! congrats! good number ley, twins maybe? are you with kk? at NUH, they do 5 week scan which i find quite stressful cos usually can’t see the embryo/fetal pole can only see yolk sac. 6 weeks at least can see the flickering heartbeat... you might see two!

Includes FET. This is the cost i have incurred so far from the early tests, the stims to medicated cycle, all the blood tests, scans and consult, meds to control period, round of progynova aft tt, to fet (icsi on 12 eggs, froze 5 and assisted hatching on 2 embies) and medication to last till bt.

The doc recommended fet as he felt that it would allow the body to flush out the drugs from the ER. But he did give us time to ask ard and think through. It also timed well with our work schedule, so we went with it.
yep i’m team FET too. if i can turn back time i would have really insisted on doing FET instead of fresh transfer. at least can save my best embryo for when my body is recovered (all the drugs taken during the stim period is so hard to deal with and took a toll on my physical and mental health). that said many women have gone of to have babies from fresh transfers, so lucky!

Back