IVF 2019

Ok. Thats good information for me.

Just went to take my blood test for progesterone level to make sure I havent ovulated.

Hopefully, not yet. Or else, will need to do FET.
For me they only fertilized the mature ones. Also not all follicles have eggs. Doc said average is about 70%. And again abt 70% of the eggs retrieved will be mature. And about 70% of eggs will get fertilised. I had 16 follicles, 15 eggs, 12 mature

Yes, all retrieved.
But I have not received more details on how many managed to be fertilized.
I will prob only know on the day of ET which is this sat. They will only call earlier in case development is not good....
Anyone know if this Is the standard for kkh?
Not sure on KKH standard, but they promised to update day 1,3,5 (&7 if needed). Doing at sincere healthcare.

What will happen to the rest? Will you be freezing?

For me they only fertilized the mature ones. Also not all follicles have eggs. Doc said average is about 70%. And again abt 70% of the eggs retrieved will be mature. And about 70% of eggs will get fertilised. I had 16 follicles, 15 eggs, 12 mature
Do they know immediately upon retrieval if eggs are mature, or only after processing?

Hi, I’ve been told the following and I’m just wondering if anyone here had a similar experience and is able to share?

I’ve been told that I’ve an unhealthy fallopian tube (due to adhesions/scar tissues) and doc recommends to remove the tube to increase chances of conceiving via ivf. Reason being, there’s a possibility that the failure of past ivf cycles could be due to the poor tube (e.g. embryo implanted on unhealthy tube and that caused a miscarriage/ectopic)? I only have 1 tube left, other tube damaged from ectopic.

Hi, I’ve been told the following and I’m just wondering if anyone here had a similar experience and is able to share?

I’ve been told that I’ve an unhealthy fallopian tube (due to adhesions/scar tissues) and doc recommends to remove the tube to increase chances of conceiving via ivf. Reason being, there’s a possibility that the failure of past ivf cycles could be due to the poor tube (e.g. embryo implanted on unhealthy tube and that caused a miscarriage/ectopic)? I only have 1 tube left, other tube damaged from ectopic.
Just curious. If the tube was damaged, why was it not removed at the point of surgery?

My doctor said mine was too badly damaged so she just removed it in case of another ectopic.

Do they know immediately upon retrieval if eggs are mature, or only after processing?
Hmmm they must know pretty quickly cos the fertilisation takes place on the same day. I did my ET was on a Saturday and they called me Monday morning which is day 2, to let me know how many eggs retrieved, how many mature and how many fertilised.. and how are they growing at day 2

I hv a qn that maybe entails tmi. Apologies for the details below.

I read that swollen boobs and fatigue are side effects of progesterone so ok, but since last night my areolas are larger than usual and tonight there are blue veins visible under my skin is this normal???

I hv a qn that maybe entails tmi. Apologies for the details below.

I read that swollen boobs and fatigue are side effects of progesterone so ok, but since last night my areolas are larger than usual and tonight there are blue veins visible under my skin is this normal???
for me the blue/green veins were visible a few days before my beta... which ended up positive. so hopefully that’s a good sign for you too. i too ignored the swollen boobs and fatigue because of the duphaston. when’s your beta?

Just curious. If the tube was damaged, why was it not removed at the point of surgery?

My doctor said mine was too badly damaged so she just removed it in case of another ectopic.

She removed both ur tubes during ur ectopic surgery?

For mine, they didn’t remove both as just before my ectopic, i did a hsg test and the result showed tt both tubes were fine. A month after the hsg, I had an ectopic and had to go for emergency surgery. During surgery, they noticed that other tube had some scar tissues, but it did not look damaged and wasn’t swollen, so they didn’t remove. Now, after Ivf failures, they suspect tt the other tube cld be causing the failed cycles. will need to do another test again to verify. Another possibility is chromosomal abnormalities in embryo, so will need to do pgs test in next cycle.

She removed both ur tubes during ur ectopic surgery?

For mine, they didn’t remove both as just before my ectopic, i did a hsg test and the result showed tt both tubes were fine. A month after the hsg, I had an ectopic and had to go for emergency surgery. During surgery, they noticed that other tube had some scar tissues, but it did not look damaged and wasn’t swollen, so they didn’t remove. Now, after Ivf failures, they suspect tt the other tube cld be causing the failed cycles. will need to do another test again to verify. Another possibility is chromosomal abnormalities in embryo, so will need to do pgs test in next cycle.

Oh no.. Only removed one. The affected one.

Yours sound like a lot of work. But at least it will help you identify whats the issue.
Sure hope you can get thru all these.

Keeping you in my duas.

Oh no.. Only removed one. The affected one.

Yours sound like a lot of work. But at least it will help you identify whats the issue.
Sure hope you can get thru all these.

Keeping you in my duas.

Yeah, complicated much!

Thanks sis, same for u too!

I had my BT done yesterday. My result is a positive. However, not celebrating yet till week 6 scanning.
All the best to your upcoming BT. Jia you!
Yay so happy for u!! :) your hcg level so high!!
Okokie fingers crossed till week 6 US!

Last edited:
Yes, all retrieved.
But I have not received more details on how many managed to be fertilized.
I will prob only know on the day of ET which is this sat. They will only call earlier in case development is not good....
Anyone know if this Is the standard for kkh?

Yes they will only tell u on ET day itself.
I was so worried there were no eggs to transfer, but as long as the nurse tells u to prepare for transfer means got egg to transfer :D
Its nerve racking hahaa

Hope you already have ur menses by now! All the best for your upcoming FET!

Hi, yes just got my menses yesterday. This time round doc prescribed me with Decapeptyl injections. Previous FET, I didn’t take those jabs. Hope it will work out this time round.

Hi, yes just got my menses yesterday. This time round doc prescribed me with Decapeptyl injections. Previous FET, I didn’t take those jabs. Hope it will work out this time round.

HI Rk0210,
What are the injections for?

Yes they will only tell u on ET day itself.
I was so worried there were no eggs to transfer, but as long as the nurse tells u to prepare for transfer means got egg to transfer :D
Its nerve racking hahaa
I was just called in for ET today. Which is day 2 instead of day 5

I was just called in for ET today. Which is day 2 instead of day 5
Are you with any specific doctor?

Till now I have not opted for any doctor and they assigned Dr Jessie Phoon.

But she has been on leave and will only be back on 31st. My ER is tmr so it will be any doctor for that day.

If I am lucky to proceed to ET stage, I was wondering if it will be any random doctor or it will be Dr Jessie?

Are you with any specific doctor?

Till now I have not opted for any doctor and they assigned Dr Jessie Phoon.

But she has been on leave and will only be back on 31st. My ER is tmr so it will be any doctor for that day.

If I am lucky to proceed to ET stage, I was wondering if it will be any random doctor or it will be Dr Jessie?
I am not sure.
I have selected a specific doctore, which I had for ER but for ET as he was on leave i got another doctor.

Take care during the 2ww!
Did you find out eventually how many eggs were fertilized?
3 fertilized eggs are left in the lab. But they are very poor grade. So i think no hopes of freezing any.
Did you get an update yet or know when your ET is?

Anyone with grade 3 D2 ET success?

3 fertilized eggs are left in the lab. But they are very poor grade. So i think no hopes of freezing any.
Did you get an update yet or know when your ET is?

Anyone with grade 3 D2 ET success?
Just got update of the 14 retrieved. 1 abnormal, 2 immature.. 6 fertilized as of day 1.. other 7 still waiting.. hopefully the 6 grow well. Just the thought of another ER is scary.

Will do FET in August and recuperate these few months.

Anyone did endometrial scratch prior to ET?

Hi all, I new here and also just received news from kkh that ivf center will call me in 2wks time. I very excited n nervous abt this, can anyone tel me if undergoing ivf will be painful and suffering? How much will the cost be like?

Hi all, I new here and also just received news from kkh that ivf center will call me in 2wks time. I very excited n nervous abt this, can anyone tel me if undergoing ivf will be painful and suffering? How much will the cost be like?
Hi there. Welcome to the club.

Just started on my ivf journey.
Initially, when I cleared all my tests, they said the centre will call me. Didnt think too much about it until I really received the call.

Blood test for hubby and you... Then Have to go for counselling.

After that, call the clinic when you have your full menses on first day. They will arrange appointment for u/s and then prescribe medicine for self injections.

I started injecting on Monday and Went back one week later for u/s to see how well the follicles are doing. Blood test for progesterone level. And then was scheduled for ER on Thurs.

Injections are not painful. Its just the fear of having to poke your own body. Was trembling after finishing my first shot. But it gets easier after that.

Thats as far as my experience goes.

So far, i think no cash yet except for the counselling which was abt 300 plus. Till now, Its all from medisave.

Hi there. Welcome to the club.

Just started on my ivf journey.
Initially, when I cleared all my tests, they said the centre will call me. Didnt think too much about it until I really received the call.

Blood test for hubby and you... Then Have to go for counselling.

After that, call the clinic when you have your full menses on first day. They will arrange appointment for u/s and then prescribe medicine for self injections.

I started injecting on Monday and Went back one week later for u/s to see how well the follicles are doing. Blood test for progesterone level. And then was scheduled for ER on Thurs.

Injections are not painful. Its just the fear of having to poke your own body. Was trembling after finishing my first shot. But it gets easier after that.

Thats as far as my experience goes.

So far, i think no cash yet except for the counselling which was abt 300 plus. Till now, Its all from medisave.
Hi, thks for the info, I worry both about the process and money as I 41 this yr, so no subsidise from government.

Hi, thks for the info, I worry both about the process and money as I 41 this yr, so no subsidise from government.
Money wise, 12-16k for a fresh cycle. It depends on how much medication used. Could be more than 16k. You will be brief about this info during the counseling session.

If no transfer in fresh cycle, could be less. For my case, as no transfer due to ohss, it is a bit less than 11k. I am now in the process of FET, it estimated 3.5k. But could be more or less.

Hope this info is useful for you. Jiayou!

Money wise, 12-16k for a fresh cycle. It depends on how much medication used. Could be more than 16k. You will be brief about this info during the counseling session.

If no transfer in fresh cycle, could be less. For my case, as no transfer due to ohss, it is a bit less than 11k. I am now in the process of FET, it estimated 3.5k. But could be more or less.

Hope this info is useful for you. Jiayou!
Thanks Tracy, jia you to u too

Back