IVF 2019

Hi..
I am new here. I did my fresh IVF in 2016. They retrieved 42 follicles and ard 20+ eggs. I came down with OHS and was hospitalised for 2 weeks in KKH. I am with Dr Tan HH in KKH. Miracalously, we fell pregnant naturally a month after I recovered from OHS. It was a rather painful pregnancy as I have adenomyosis..I was sooo afraid we could not make it to full term but we did, without any complications and she's 2yo now. I recently did a non medicated FET on 30th April. The embryologist transferred a 5 day blastocyst, Grade C. I was surprised that they transferred a Grade C embryo when I thought the grade was rather fair. Anyway, we had a BFP but long story short, I recently miscarried at 6 weeks. I am still recovering from the miscarriage (bleeding). We have 5 blastocysts left. I really dont know whether I wana risk it and try again or stop chasing my rainbow baby. It could either be chromosomal issues with the embryo or my bulky womb which is hostile for the embryo..Either way, it's so heartbreaking and physically painful to go through a miscarriage.=(

Sorry 2 hear abt your bfn, totally understand how it feels, also had a bfn recently. For me, it was only 2-3 days delayed. My cycle has been pretty regular.

Let’s not give up. Keep trying. Mine is like delayed for 4-5 days already. Haiz. The more it delays, the longer I’ll have my next FET. Haiz

I missed yesterday evening one. . . Did not have time to make it up because I just remember this morning when I wake up. Have to just omit it which means I will take one tablet less than others.

Hopefully it will not affect the blood test.

I did a hpt this morning, it is a light red line in the test zone which is much lighter than the control red line. Not a confirmed positive. I think I will take another hpt after 2-3 days to prepare me mentally for Friday BT.

Faint line is still a positive!!! Omg so excited and happy for u!!

Hi..
I am new here. I did my fresh IVF in 2016. They retrieved 42 follicles and ard 20+ eggs. I came down with OHS and was hospitalised for 2 weeks in KKH. I am with Dr Tan HH in KKH. Miracalously, we fell pregnant naturally a month after I recovered from OHS. It was a rather painful pregnancy as I have adenomyosis..I was sooo afraid we could not make it to full term but we did, without any complications and she's 2yo now. I recently did a non medicated FET on 30th April. The embryologist transferred a 5 day blastocyst, Grade C. I was surprised that they transferred a Grade C embryo when I thought the grade was rather fair. Anyway, we had a BFP but long story short, I recently miscarried at 6 weeks. I am still recovering from the miscarriage (bleeding). We have 5 blastocysts left. I really dont know whether I wana risk it and try again or stop chasing my rainbow baby. It could either be chromosomal issues with the embryo or my bulky womb which is hostile for the embryo..Either way, it's so heartbreaking and physically painful to go through a miscarriage.=(

So sorry to hear :-(. Yeah, people who have not gone thru miscarriage might think that it’s ntn but it definitely hurts, physically and emotionally. On the bright side, u already have a child, alhamdulillah.

Well, if u really want a 2nd child, then just go for it since u still have ur FET. I wish I’m as lucky as u. I can’t even make it past 1st trimester and my co-fund privileges are almost used up.

For now, I think it is best for u to just take a break and let ur body recover.. hope everything works out for u. :)

Just went for first scan

ER on Thursday.

Not too sure whether its a good thing.
One follicle was super huge at 24.5
Then another 4 between 17 to 20.5 and another 3 more thats 14-15.

I went to do my blood test this morning. About 2.5 hrs later, the clinic called to inform me of my result. Basically the clinic expects the result to be above 100. And anything below 6 is considered as not pregnant. My number is 12.5 which is very low. Nurse said i am technically pregnant but they want me to come back on Wed to retest. Ideally the number should be above 100 by then.

Don’t know what to think now. I have never been pregnant before, not sure how i feel about being “technically pregnant”. I have read extensively for the last half hour on the success rate of this. Most aren’t but they are a few special ones which did so i am holding on to their stories.

I went to do my blood test this morning. About 2.5 hrs later, the clinic called to inform me of my result. Basically the clinic expects the result to be above 100. And anything below 6 is considered as not pregnant. My number is 12.5 which is very low. Nurse said i am technically pregnant but they want me to come back on Wed to retest. Ideally the number should be above 100 by then.

Don’t know what to think now. I have never been pregnant before, not sure how i feel about being “technically pregnant”. I have read extensively for the last half hour on the success rate of this. Most aren’t but they are a few special ones which did so i am holding on to their stories.
I have had this before... Nt through ivf. But natural. It was a spontaneous MC after that.

My hcg level was 42 then 2 days later, it went to 90 ish. Doc said that it is most probably not a viable one but just wait...

Another 2 days, it went to 163 which gave me a glimpse of hope. But.... Another 2 days later, it went to 60 plus. That was when I knew all hopes was lost.

And true enough, my body dispel it from my body a day later.

I have had this before... Nt through ivf. But natural. It was a spontaneous MC after that.

My hcg level was 42 then 2 days later, it went to 90 ish. Doc said that it is most probably not a viable one but just wait...

Another 2 days, it went to 163 which gave me a glimpse of hope. But.... Another 2 days later, it went to 60 plus. That was when I knew all hopes was lost.

And true enough, my body dispel it from my body a day later.
I hope by telling you this, it is not to dampen your hopes.

You never know. Miracles may happen.

But you also need to manage your expectations.

Could it be due to late implantation?

Still hoping it will be good news eventually for u.
*BIG HUGS*
jiayou

I hope by telling you this, it is not to dampen your hopes.

You never know. Miracles may happen.

But you also need to manage your expectations.

Yes i understand. Thanks for sharing also. It’s good to manage some expectations.

Could it be due to late implantation?

Still hoping it will be good news eventually for u.
*BIG HUGS*
jiayou

Not sure about that. I should have asked the doctor questions like “does frozen embryo takes longer to implant than fresh embryo?”

I had pink spotting on 8dp, and some of it went into the crinone. I did think of whether it could be implantation because I don’t get pink spotting at the onset of my menses. It’s always brown spotting. But it also occurred to me that it seems a little too late for implantation. The pink spotting lasted 1 wipe only.

Sorry to hear, I do hope that your numbers will in increase.

Based from my recent chemical pregnancy experiences, low hcg equals to not good news.

I do pray that your numbers will pick up. Don’t lose hope yet!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you babe, hoping the numbers will climb the next few days.

It is still early, 10 days?Hope the number will go up after few days.

Hi Billie,

Don’t feel discouraged. 10 days are considered early.

Jia you! Wishing all the best for you.

Yes i understand. Thanks for sharing also. It’s good to manage some expectations.

Not sure about that. I should have asked the doctor questions like “does frozen embryo takes longer to implant than fresh embryo?”

I had pink spotting on 8dp, and some of it went into the crinone. I did think of whether it could be implantation because I don’t get pink spotting at the onset of my menses. It’s always brown spotting. But it also occurred to me that it seems a little too late for implantation. The pink spotting lasted 1 wipe only.
Crinone will turn abit pink actually. I googled and realised many people mentioned about it turning off white / pink colour.

Anybody experienced extreme bloatedness during tww?
:( my stomach (food baby) is so bloated that I'm having trouble sleeping and walking.
Just vomited after dinner today. I think it's either indigestion (is progesterone the culprit?) or maybe down with stomach flu?
Sigh
Hubby is worried that my violent vomitting will 'jerk' those embabies (if they are still there..) out of place....

:( my stomach (food baby) is so bloated that I'm having trouble sleeping and walking.
Just vomited after dinner today. I think it's either indigestion (is progesterone the culprit?) or maybe down with stomach flu?
Sigh
Hubby is worried that my violent vomitting will 'jerk' those embabies (if they are still there..) out of place....
Me! I was extremely bloated during the 2nd week of the tww. Until I couldn’t eat or sleep or walk. And very tired. But I didn’t vomit.

It was a BFP!

Sigh
Me too! My boobs feel extremely sore for the past 1 week. Appetite was still ok jus that I didn’t manage to sleep well for 2 weeks already.

Hi, all went well, thanks for asking.
The procedure was very quick. 11 eggs retrieved.
Yesterday afternoon i started feeling a little bloated and sore. But this morning much better already.
All the best fornyour procedure today!!
May I know if they will retrieve ALL the follicles?

Or just the bigger ones?

Hi All, need some advise. I just got to know my blood test result is negative for my 1st time IVF. Can I know what to expect? Currently I’m consulting Dr Loh SF. I have spotting only since yesterday evening but not menstruated.

On 16 May 1st blood test for progesterone result is 315.30 nmol/L. It was extremely high. But on 27 May Pregnancy test was negative. So what’s the next step usually Dr will advise. Do we need to rest for 1 cycle or more before we continue again? I also still have remaining of 2 Grade B embryo freeze there. Previous ET also 2 Grace B but failed.

What else we need to take care of while waiting for next ET. I am only taking follid acid. Heard that TCM did helps as well. Any recommendations in Sengkang?

Or just the bigger ones?
They will retrieves all. Total mine is 25. 8 Matured, 6 Fertilized. 4 Grade B, 2 Grade C. Finalised with used. 1st round 2 ET. But failed for 1st round. I still have 2 freeze there.

Hi All, need some advise. I just got to know my blood test result is negative for my 1st time IVF. Can I know what to expect? Currently I’m consulting Dr Loh SF. I have spotting only since yesterday evening but not menstruated.

On 16 May 1st blood test for progesterone result is 315.30 nmol/L. It was extremely high. But on 27 May Pregnancy test was negative. So what’s the next step usually Dr will advise. Do we need to rest for 1 cycle or more before we continue again? I also still have remaining of 2 Grade B embryo freeze there. Previous ET also 2 Grace B but failed.

What else we need to take care of while waiting for next ET. I am only taking follid acid. Heard that TCM did helps as well. Any recommendations in Sengkang?
Maybe u can arrange another appt with dr Loh? See what is his advice? I just did my 1st cycle with dr Loh too but ended with chemical pregnancy. I have 14 eggs retrieved but only 1 egg survived till day 2..

Maybe u can arrange another appt with dr Loh? See what is his advice? I just did my 1st cycle with dr Loh too but ended with chemical pregnancy. I have 14 eggs retrieved but only 1 egg survived till day 2..
Yes, tomorrow is my next appointment in the morning. I’m confuse also, nurse was not experiences at Dr Loh there in TFC. When asking questions during my blood test yesterday the junior nurse every single questions she ran to senior nurse and ask which she is busy just outside the room tidy her files. Since previous blood test for my progesterone result they didn’t call me, so I ask her my result.
I overheard that senior nurse replied to her What she talking about, this is her 1st blood test what she want? Well as a patient how would you all feel? Though Dr Loh SF is very experienced and he is very skilful as well. But the quality of the staff? Don’t get me wrong, not all nurse bad. For the Nurses doing ER and ET there very friendly.
Btw, what is chemical pregnancy means?

Yes, tomorrow is my next appointment in the morning. I’m confuse also, nurse was not experiences at Dr Loh there in TFC. When asking questions during my blood test yesterday the junior nurse every single questions she ran to senior nurse and ask which she is busy just outside the room tidy her files. Since previous blood test for my progesterone result they didn’t call me, so I ask her my result.
I overheard that senior nurse replied to her What she talking about, this is her 1st blood test what she want? Well as a patient how would you all feel? Though Dr Loh SF is very experienced and he is very skilful as well. But the quality of the staff? Don’t get me wrong, not all nurse bad. For the Nurses doing ER and ET there very friendly.
Eh.. chemical pregnancy is like first blood test, my hcg is 47 and 2 day later my hcg dropped till 15.

Me too! My boobs feel extremely sore for the past 1 week. Appetite was still ok jus that I didn’t manage to sleep well for 2 weeks already.
My boobs not so sore..... that's why I'm confused.
Arghhh! I should stop symptom spotting.

When's ur BT?

Don’t mean to be a wet blanket but unlikely it will be a viable pregnancy. Mine was at 17 and 2 days later was <5. But I hope you will be one of the exceptions!

Hi, anyone experience delay in period after a Failed IVF cycle? I had a BFN last mth. Waiting for my period now to start meds for next FET. But my period doesn’t seem to be coming.
My period was 5 days late. But it eventually came. Starting my medicated FET too. I thought frozen transfer will have less hormones consumption turns out it’s the same. Wanted to do another round of egg stimulation initially but my last cycle resulted in many new breast lumps for me. They have been stable for years. Just saw the schedule for medicated fet, shit load of pills and a deep muscle injection... sighzzzz

Has anyone done the deep muscle injection for medicated frozen cycle? How bad is it? I find the subcutaneous jabs for ovaries stimulation not very painful, didn’t expect i have to do a deep muscle injection for frozen transfer. :(

It’s called chemical pregnancy because pregnancy hormones is detected , but the embryo does not continue to develop and the body eventually dispels it. It’s not considered a miscarriage because it has not grown into a foetus, there is no sac. So you are not really considered pregnant..

Or just the bigger ones?
Yes, all retrieved.
But I have not received more details on how many managed to be fertilized.
I will prob only know on the day of ET which is this sat. They will only call earlier in case development is not good....
Anyone know if this Is the standard for kkh?

Yes, all retrieved.
But I have not received more details on how many managed to be fertilized.
I will prob only know on the day of ET which is this sat. They will only call earlier in case development is not good....
Anyone know if this Is the standard for kkh?
Ok. Thats good information for me.

Just went to take my blood test for progesterone level to make sure I havent ovulated.

Hopefully, not yet. Or else, will need to do FET.

Back