IVF 2019

Thank you for the lovely encouragement! Hope all will be well. Nurses told me during the shots, women may tend to become emotionally unstable. I am generally a pretty positive person. Afraid I may become a mess :))
Hi Chaau

I did went bonkers on my hubby yesterday nite for a small thing. But kept it under control when he used ' safe' word to remind me about my craziness.

Most importantly, your partner has to be supportive.

Today's my fifth day of thr injections. And I think I am still fine and sane. You will be ok

So, today is my 7dp6dt. I went out for lunch and bought a hpt thinking maybe i will use it for days later... reached home, tore the packaging and tested. It was a BFN. Silly me, for testing so early but i was seeing people getting positives much earlier, and have been feeling especially crampy on right side today, i thought maybe this could be it.

I am gonna give this a rest and wait till my blood test on Monday for the definite answer.

So, today is my 7dp6dt. I went out for lunch and bought a hpt thinking maybe i will use it for days later... reached home, tore the packaging and tested. It was a BFN. Silly me, for testing so early but i was seeing people getting positives much earlier, and have been feeling especially crampy on right side today, i thought maybe this could be it.

I am gonna give this a rest and wait till my blood test on Monday for the definite answer.
Ikr.

Sometimes, no matter how you manage your expectations, you just have this hope. Hoping for that magical two lines...

I do the weirdest thing. Shining under the light, squinting my eyes... To the point i hallucinate that theres two lines.

I am also considering do a hpt. My blood test is next Friday. Still quite some time away.

So coincidence! I also bought a hpt during lunchtime. I think I will test tomorrow morning. Wanna be mentally prepared on Monday.

7dp6dt is too early to test.

It is really early.
Last year after fet on 7dp6dt I used two hpt at same time. Watson early preg test- negative, even no sign of second line. First Response hpk- quite bright //.
BT hcg was 153 on 10dt6dt.

It is really early.
Last year after fet on 7dp6dt I used two hpt at same time. Watson early preg test- negative, even no sign of second line. First Response hpk- quite bright //.
BT hcg was 153 on 10dt6dt.

You are very kind. This gives me some hope. I was using some house brand from 7-11 and after i saw the result, i read the instructions and it says to test 1 day after missed period. Gonna chuck that thing away and just continue to take it easy the next 2 days.

It's too early to test.. Cos will have false negatives then u will be sad for nothing. Jiayou!!
Baby dust to u! All the best for Monday!

Ikr.

Sometimes, no matter how you manage your expectations, you just have this hope. Hoping for that magical two lines...

I do the weirdest thing. Shining under the light, squinting my eyes... To the point i hallucinate that theres two lines.
Hahaha definitely sound as silly as me!

@ezstangled @Bbbabyluck I do that too!!! Hahaha
Then next day, AF visits. *rolls eyes*
Oh yeah... Me too. and i will exclaim loudly to myself. How stupid can I get. But when next mth comes, I start this all over again.

Today is my 6th day of injection.
Just wondering if its my technique or just unfortunate to hit blood vessels.
Did gonal f on my left and orgulatran on my right..Both bled.

Was it coz I exercised yesterday? Increased blood circulation resulting in bloody injections?

Or Maybe I should buy 4D.

Oh yeah... Me too. and i will exclaim loudly to myself. How stupid can I get. But when next mth comes, I start this all over again.

Was it coz I exercised yesterday? Increased blood circulation resulting in bloody injections?

Going for ET soon? I do get some blood during my injections too. As long as it’s manageable I think it’s ok. Try to pinch some “meat” and inject. Release it once needle has went in and slowly pulled it out. Try not to slant the needle, do it 90degree

Going for ET soon? I do get some blood during my injections too. As long as it’s manageable I think it’s ok. Try to pinch some “meat” and inject. Release it once needle has went in and slowly pulled it out. Try not to slant the needle, do it 90degree
Still far away. Will be going for first scan on Monday. Hopefully my body absorbs those medicine I have been injecting and my dear follicles are growing.

I am getting worried now. If i continue to hit the blood vessels and they want me to inject for another one week, there may be no more sites for me.

So far 6 days of gonal f and 2 days of orgalutran. 3 bloody injections.

I have been injecting around areas 2 inches away from my navel. Maybe I should move more to the side.

Yes i have similar experience with Orgalutran, its the most painful jab during my cycle. Have itch, redness and even bruises on that jab.

U can use the ice pack to numb the area u will do the jab so it will not be so painful.

Yes i have similar experience with Orgalutran, its the most painful jab during my cycle. Have itch, redness and even bruises on that jab.

U can use the ice pack to numb the area u will do the jab so it will not be so painful.
Hmmm... I think the jab is fine, but you really need to push the needle with force. Unlike Gonal F where it slides in gently.

But I really dont like seeing blood. Makes me wonder if I am doing it wrong.

But yeah, it itches after the jab and there is redness around the area too. Its an uncomfortable feeling though it goes away after 30mins or so.

Hmmm... I think the jab is fine, but you really need to push the needle with force. Unlike Gonal F where it slides in gently.

But yeah, it itches after the jab and there is redness around the area too. Its an uncomfortable feeling though it goes away after 30mins or so.
I also have these two jabs. I even took 4 days of Orgalutran before taking Gonal F. I also have blood from time to time. Just a bit should be fine.

Yup, cos the needle is thicker compare to other jabs. I also have some bleeding on orgalutran, i felt that i also jab in wrong area tats why have blood and end up with bruises.

Still far away. Will be going for first scan on Monday. Hopefully my body absorbs those medicine I have been injecting and my dear follicles are growing.

I am getting worried now. If i continue to hit the blood vessels and they want me to inject for another one week, there may be no more sites for me.

So far 6 days of gonal f and 2 days of orgalutran. 3 bloody injections.

I have been injecting around areas 2 inches away from my navel. Maybe I should move more to the side.

Good luck with your first scan on Monday! I know the jabs can be hard. Keep thinking of the future baby and you will get through it.

Good luck with your first scan on Monday! I know the jabs can be hard. Keep thinking of the future baby and you will get through it.
Thanks for the encouragement.

Trying hard to stay positive but yet trying hard to manage my expectations.

I am just going through the motion, inject myself when its time and not think so much. Be as mechanical as possible.

No expectations means no hopes dashed.

I was depressed for quite a bit after my ectopic, resulting in an emergency surgery. That pregnancy was a viable one except it didn't land up in the right place.

Subsequently, a year later, i had a spontaneous mc. That got me depressed for a few months.

I am so afraid of the disappointment that this may possibly bring. I am not young anymore, 38 this year. And I really want to have a complete family of my own.

I am just going through the motion, inject myself when its time and not think so much. Be as mechanical as possible.

I was depressed for quite a bit after my ectopic, resulting in an emergency surgery. That pregnancy was a viable one except it didn't land up in the right place.

Subsequently, a year later, i had a spontaneous mc. That got me depressed for a few months.

I am so afraid of the disappointment that this may possibly bring. I am not young anymore, 38 this year. And I really want to have a complete family of my own.
Hi ezstangled

Ur dream will come true. Believe in yourself.

All the best!!

The only time I bled was I poked but the needle got stuck. So I chickened out, removed it and i bled.
If one swift motion and 90° in, it shouldnt bleed.

Think "play dart" kind of motion. Haha

Last edited:
The only time I bled was I poked but the needle got stuck. So I chickened out, removed it and i bled.
If one swift motion and 90° in, it shouldnt bleed.

Think "play dart" kind of motion. Haha

When i bleed after injection, it’s usually because i pull out the needle at a weird angle. Perpendicular in and out is the best but sometimes I couldn’t help my hands shaking haha. I also prefer to sit down rather than standing.

I’m about the same age as you. Experienced mc and multiple failures in IVF. But you know what, all these simply make us a stronger person. Have faith and stay optimistic - it’s always easier said than done. But as long as we don’t lose hope and keep on trying, keep going, we will get there! You’re exactly at the right place with all the support from everyone of us. Keep believing!

Yup, cos the needle is thicker compare to other jabs. I also have some bleeding on orgalutran, i felt that i also jab in wrong area tats why have blood and end up with bruises.

Hello - the nurse shared some techniques to reduce pain. And also ensure the meds go into the body rather than the skin.

Sit down when taking the jabs.
Area should be 2 finger spacing around the navel (not too far)
Pitch the area you want to jab (pinch hard to reduce pain from the needle), then insert the needle.
After jab is done, hold the needle inside for about 10secs to ensure no residual solution.
Release the pitched section as you pull out the needle.

I bled once before, but since she taught these techniques, all good :)

Hello - the nurse shared some techniques to reduce pain. And also ensure the meds go into the body rather than the skin.

Sit down when taking the jabs.
Area should be 2 finger spacing around the navel (not too far)
Pitch the area you want to jab (pinch hard to reduce pain from the needle), then insert the needle.
After jab is done, hold the needle inside for about 10secs to ensure no residual solution.
Release the pitched section as you pull out the needle.

I bled once before, but since she taught these techniques, all good :)

Ooooo... You continue pinching after inserting the needle?

The nurse that taught me told me to pinch it upon insertion only.

Hmmm, maybe i should try ur technique for my jabs tmr.

I am on 2ww, yesterday was 8dp5d, I am prescribed virginal gel and dydrogestrone tablet to take 2times per day. Yesterday evening I just remembered use the gel but forgot the tablet.

Anyone miss taken dydrogesteone tablet once during 2ww? Feel a bit worried.

Ooooo... You continue pinching after inserting the needle?

The nurse that taught me told me to pinch it upon insertion only.

Hmmm, maybe i should try ur technique for my jabs tmr.
Yup, you can continue to release while jabbing as well. Good luck with it. The 2nd jab really stings.

I am on 2ww, yesterday was 8dp5d, I am prescribed virginal gel and dydrogestrone tablet to take 2times per day. Yesterday evening I just remembered use the gel but forgot the tablet.

Anyone miss taken dydrogesteone tablet once during 2ww? Feel a bit worried.

I have forgotten to take once in the morning.. but when I remembered, it was already in the afternoon. I didnt care just quickly eat lor.

Hopefully it's ok?

I have forgotten to take once in the morning.. but when I remembered, it was already in the afternoon. I didnt care just quickly eat lor.

Hopefully it's ok?
I missed yesterday evening one. . . Did not have time to make it up because I just remember this morning when I wake up. Have to just omit it which means I will take one tablet less than others.

Hopefully it will not affect the blood test.

I did a hpt this morning, it is a light red line in the test zone which is much lighter than the control red line. Not a confirmed positive. I think I will take another hpt after 2-3 days to prepare me mentally for Friday BT.

I missed yesterday evening one. . . Did not have time to make it up because I just remember this morning when I wake up. Have to just omit it which means I will take one tablet less than others.

I did a hpt this morning, it is a light red line in the test zone which is much lighter than the control red line. Not a confirmed positive. I think I will take another hpt after 2-3 days to prepare me mentally for Friday BT.

Good luck... Oh my. I am so excited for you.

Maybe you should set alarm on your hp..to remind yourself that its pill time. And With snooze in case you are busy with something.

This sounds good so far :). May i know what brand of hpt you used?

I think it’s ok to miss a dose but it always helps to check with the clinic. Is there any after hours clinic number that you can call?

A faint line could means positive just that maybe hcg level is not sufficient to give a darker line ( from what I had read online).

All the best on fri. I am so nervous for tomorrow.

Good luck... Oh my. I am so excited for you.

Maybe you should set alarm on your hp..to remind yourself that its pill time. And With snooze in case you are busy with something.
Thanks. I have set alarm, but yesterday evening I feel a bit hungry and would like to have milk first. After the milk, I just go to bed☹️

This sounds good so far :). May i know what brand of hpt you used?

I think it’s ok to miss a dose but it always helps to check with the clinic. Is there any after hours clinic number that you can call?
I used a Chinese brand David. I have bought several when I was in China. Still have two left. Hopefully can get a dark red after 2-3 days.

I read the pill instructions. It said that if miss then omit☹️

I will call KKIVF Centre tomorrow to ask what I can do. But I think most likely they will just say omit the missed one and follow the scheduled dose in the next few days before BT.

A faint line could means positive just that maybe hcg level is not sufficient to give a darker line ( from what I had read online).

All the best on fri. I am so nervous for tomorrow.
Thanks, hope it can get darker after 2-3 days.

All the best to your tomorrow’s BT. Totalt understand how you feel now. Fingers Cross!

Seems like a good start!! Keep us posted :)

Hi, anyone experience delay in period after a Failed IVF cycle? I had a BFN last mth. Waiting for my period now to start meds for next FET. But my period doesn’t seem to be coming.

Hi, anyone experience delay in period after a Failed IVF cycle? I had a BFN last mth. Waiting for my period now to start meds for next FET. But my period doesn’t seem to be coming.

Sorry 2 hear abt your bfn, totally understand how it feels, also had a bfn recently. For me, it was only 2-3 days delayed. My cycle has been pretty regular.

Back