IVF 2019

Nice!! all the best!!

Many 2ww buddies here lol.

I'm 2nd day into 2ww and getting abit bored alr. How do you girls spend ur 2ww?
I just watch comedies, taking naps on and off etc..

Any particular food we need to eat/ avoid?
Do I still continue my blackmores conceive well?

I spent the long weekend Fri - Mon just basically chilling, watching shows, drinking red date tea, chicken soup etc. I am going to work from home today till the rest of the week.

My TCM clinic says avoid any melon 瓜 (except for pumpkin, thank goodness coz i love pumpkin rice), cold food etc. I try to follow as much as i can but i had abit of ice-cream ytd hahaha. I think just do what makes you happy.

Been praying alot and trying to visualise a positive outcome.

I spent the long weekend Fri - Mon just basically chilling, watching shows, drinking red date tea, chicken soup etc. I am going to work from home today till the rest of the week.

My TCM clinic says avoid any melon 瓜 (except for pumpkin, thank goodness coz i love pumpkin rice), cold food etc. I try to follow as much as i can but i had abit of ice-cream ytd hahaha. I think just do what makes you happy.

Been praying alot and trying to visualise a positive outcome.

Hahha 2 weeks wld fly by during busy season at work but this two weeks.. I mighy run out of things to do!

My doctor said no need bed rest, 'gentle movements is ok', so... If i take a stroll or go for a walk in a park, it shld be fine right?

Yup yup. No heavy lifting. If tired just rest. Dont go crowded places in case of unnecessary infection.
Watch lots of comedies and stay positive ^^

Hahha 2 weeks wld fly by during busy season at work but this two weeks.. I mighy run out of things to do!
It's only the 4th day after my ET I'm bored to death. Haha
Still got 2 whole weeks to go

But at night I'll wake up with backache. Wonder if its cos I'm resting too much. I find it hard to go back to sleep after that. Legs also feel 'sour'.

It's only the 4th day after my ET I'm bored to death. Haha
Still got 2 whole weeks to go

But at night I'll wake up with backache. Wonder if its cos I'm resting too much. I find it hard to go back to sleep after that. Legs also feel 'sour'.

I have the same thing with my back. I do feel some twitches down there, near my belly button and also the side of my lower back.

Hello all, i just started on my stimulation injection yesterday. anyone has any side effect from gonal? I did my 2nd injection this morning and went back to sleep. When i woke up, i experienced extreme dizziness aka vertigo for many hours. wondering if this is related to the hormones jab?

Did u all load up on protein during the stim phase? how about egg whites every morning and red bean soup?

Hi I am new here. Just started on my gonal f yesterday.Are there any food to be avoided? Such as coffee? Tea?

Hi I am new here. Just started on my gonal f yesterday.Are there any food to be avoided? Such as coffee? Tea?

I think avoiding caffeine in general is a good idea. Eat lots of protein for helping eggs to grow is another good idea - eggs, fish etc. Red bean soup and red date tea is good for lining but if you are doing frozen transfer then lining may not be the priority. Depends on what cycle you do actually.

I have the same thing with my back. I do feel some twitches down there, near my belly button and also the side of my lower back.
I also feel some twitches on my left side after ET. Then some days have some days dun have. Also twitches on both lower back sides.
1 more week to bt. Soooo nervous.

Hi everyone..

I did my fresh cycle of ivf 1st time and put in 2 3-day embryo and 1 of them had successfully implanted and now at 7 weeks. I have hyperthyroidism and has not been controlled. But during my early preg I was diagnosed w rheumatoid arthritis. And was placed on 5 mg prednisolone steriods. Particularly concern abt wat the steriods will do to my growing fetus. Wanting to seek a second opinion w Dr SF Loh at TMC. Any reviews abt Dr Loh? Or should I just stay at KKH as I did my Ivf there. Following my gynae will turn me into a private patient. In my current condition isit consider high risk pregnancy? Is there a need to follow my Dr or a subsidised clinic will do the same but opt for private delivery at the end of the day?

Hi! Im new here and am already in late 30s..my husband and I would like to look into IVF option...any recommendations for a doctor/hospital?
I did mine in KKH. Everything went smoothly and I gt lotsa support from the nurses from the KKIVF team of nurses too.

Could it be because mine is a 6 day blast? I also dont want to do hpt, want to enjoy this period thinking positive thoughts only.
My is also a blast, but do not know how many days it is. Only know that when it is fronzen, it is a 5 days one. But my bt is 31th, although I transfer the same day as you.

BTW, what is hpt?

My is also a blast, but do not know how many days it is. Only know that when it is fronzen, it is a 5 days one. But my bt is 31th, although I transfer the same day as you.

BTW, what is hpt?
HPT = Home pregnancy test. I did my transfer at NUH, maybe their protocol different from yours?

Hihi, newbie here.. I'm 38 this yr, married for 3yrs. Been tcc since with no success. Tried all methods but no use. Had a chem preg last yr :( Hub and I tested all seems okay. Going to start our 1st ivf cycle in May (now waiting for AF to visit so I can start my injections). KKH with Dr TanHH.
Not sure what to expect so joining this forum for more insights and support 
Baby dust to all!

Hi there, newbie here too. Guess we need all the support we can get.

Such a coincidence. I have been married for 3 years as well. Ectopic for first, and left with one tube. spontaneous miscarriage for second.
Went on clomid for 4 mths but still not successful.
Just started my ivf injections and hope all goes well.

Hope all goes well with you too.

Hi there, newbie here too. Guess we need all the support we can get.

Such a coincidence. I have been married for 3 years as well. Ectopic for first, and left with one tube. spontaneous miscarriage for second.
Went on clomid for 4 mths but still not successful.
Just started my ivf injections and hope all goes well.

Hope all goes well with you too.
Thanks dear!
All the best to you too!!!

First and foremost, congrats to all the ladies who have had success stories and all the best to those who are currently undergoing their ivf/iui journey! I’m also in the tcc community.
Does anyone have any success stories with day-6 blastocysts (low quality)? I’ve had several rounds of failed ivf cycles (2 ended in chemical pregs), currently bleeding from my failed chemical. Feeling disheartened and devastated right now, if anyone could share their stories, I would truly appreciate it :)

First and foremost, congrats to all the ladies who have had success stories and all the best to those who are currently undergoing their ivf/iui journey! I’m also in the tcc community.
Does anyone have any success stories with day-6 blastocysts (low quality)? I’ve had several rounds of failed ivf cycles (2 ended in chemical pregs), currently bleeding from my failed chemical. Feeling disheartened and devastated right now, if anyone could share their stories, I would truly appreciate it :)

Sorry to hear that. This is my first fet and I transferred my 6 day blast, currently in 2ww. I didnt ask the doc what quality but i reckon that if they willing to do the transfer, then it should be viable. Just have faith.

Since you had multiple rounds of failed ivf, did the doc suggest to do PGS testing? I read in many forums that this is the way to go for those with unexplained fertility and multiple miscarriages.

Sorry to hear that. This is my first fet and I transferred my 6 day blast, currently in 2ww. I didnt ask the doc what quality but i reckon that if they willing to do the transfer, then it should be viable. Just have faith.

Since you had multiple rounds of failed ivf, did the doc suggest to do PGS testing? I read in many forums that this is the way to go for those with unexplained fertility and multiple miscarriages.

All the best to u! Don’t stress!
PGS can only be done in a fresh cycle. My first 2 fresh cycles, my doc didn’t even suggest (felt like she’s just going thru the motions). It was only after I asked her abt it then she told me tt I can consider doing it in my next fresh cycle. I still have 2 frozen blastocysts so I’ll utilise them first.

All the best to u! Don’t stress!
PGS can only be done in a fresh cycle. My first 2 fresh cycles, my doc didn’t even suggest (felt like she’s just going thru the motions). It was only after I asked her abt it then she told me tt I can consider doing it in my next fresh cycle. I still have 2 frozen blastocysts so I’ll utilise them first.

Thank you! I wish you all the very best too.

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum. I'm in my late 30s and am intending to have a baby. Have scrolled through all the advices. I had recently gone for a consultation at KKH and is now waiting to get some tests completed before they could advise me further on my suitability and all.

I'd like to ask how did all of you cope with work during the IVF period? Did you all inform your boss that you are doing this process and will be possibly throwing MCs and HLs during this period? My company is facing a shortage of manpower at this moment and I know that I'm definitely very stressed up with work. I'm not sure if I want to inform my boss of this decision as nothing is confirmed at this stage.

Appreciate any kind advices from the members here. Thank you very much.

Hi, just say ur post. Well, for me, I told my boss prior to my ivf cycles. I’m lucky to have a supportive boss and co-workers who r able to assist when I’m not around. But sometimes, I also feel bad for taking all these med leave/hosp leaves. Sometimes I’ll just go back to work after appts or will not utilise my med leave. At least, it won’t be so obvious.

Wish u all the best! I’m also seeking treatment at KKH.

Tell me about it... my period came even before 2ww was up.. I’m like seriously? I’m out of the game even before BT lol. When i tried conceiving naturally i still lasted one week after period due date. Now with gd quality embryo implanted and all these pg supplements.. i fared even worse haha. And what’s worse even with full flow period my hcg still came back with 17. It’s just really wanting to prolong my agony.

That happened to me on my 1st and 2nd cycle. I’ve done 5 cycles and each cycles is different

How’s ur experience so far at NUH? And how’s the doc? Since I’ve had multiple failures, I’m thinking of changing Hospitals/doc, but I’m not 100% sure if that’s gonna help, so I’m just asking around for views.

That happened to me on my 1st and 2nd cycle. I’ve done 5 cycles and each cycles is different

How’s ur experience so far at NUH? And how’s the doc? Since I’ve had multiple failures, I’m thinking of changing Hospitals/doc, but I’m not 100% sure if that’s gonna help, so I’m just asking around for views.
If you do not want to change hospital, maybe you can consider change a doctor?

So far so good. I have been seeing Prof PC Wong. He doesn’t really talk much unless u ask him. And I don’t really ask much also lol, i just follow his instructions. His group of nurses are very helpful and accommodating. So i am quite happy with the service so far.

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum. I'm in my late 30s and am intending to have a baby. Have scrolled through all the advices. I had recently gone for a consultation at KKH and is now waiting to get some tests completed before they could advise me further on my suitability and all.

I'd like to ask how did all of you cope with work during the IVF period? Did you all inform your boss that you are doing this process and will be possibly throwing MCs and HLs during this period? My company is facing a shortage of manpower at this moment and I know that I'm definitely very stressed up with work. I'm not sure if I want to inform my boss of this decision as nothing is confirmed at this stage.

Appreciate any kind advices from the members here. Thank you very much.

Hi there

Not too sure what kind of work you are in.

I did inform my bosses about the ivf.
But I am very lucky to be in a place where my bosses are understanding. Out of which, one went through ivf too.

However being in sales, numbers account for everything. I am still expected to deliver numbers though they expect me to be away. Just no boo boos. But that is almost the same as expecting me to be around right.
M

When u need to work, just dun overstress. Go with the flow.
Make sure your colleagues know what you are going through so they can help out.
And make sure you get enough sleep so you can give your 100% at work and knock off on time. Meditation helps too.

So far so good. I have been seeing Prof PC Wong. He doesn’t really talk much unless u ask him. And I don’t really ask much also lol, i just follow his instructions. His group of nurses are very helpful and accommodating. So i am quite happy with the service so far.

That’s good to hear. :) Are his consultation fees exp? Mine is dr sadhana from KKH. Her fees are not the cheapest.

Yeah, I’m considering tt too. But I’m not too sure which doc I can change to at KKH. Dilemma. Any recommendations from the ladies here, perhaps?
My doctor is Dr THH in KK. He is very nice. I did ER on Apr and ET this month. Now on 2ww.

If you want to change doctor, I think you may just call KKIVF how to do it. Not very sure, but no harm to call to ask.

Hi Everyone, I’m here to show my support for everyone going through the IVF process.
Gist of my story is to remain optimistic and carefree through-out the IVF and 2ww, although hiccups are bound to happen.

I’m 35 and have Seen by Dr Yong TT at SGH O&G for 2 years+, tried to conceive naturally but of course didn’t work and during that time I wasn’t quite ready to embark on IVF yet. During 2nd half of 2018, we told Dr Yong that we decide to go for IVF and not IUI. I’m quite glad she didn’t suggest me to go through IUI cause I’m also not very confident on the success % that I briefly read online. We started on the IVF journey in Mar’19 as the dates did not match for Feb’19 due to the CNY holidays.

I am fortunate that I belonged to the short protocol, started taking the morning jabs on 22 March 2019 (Cetrotide) and took Gonal-F starting 25 March 2019. Throughout this period, I just took the jabs as it is and didn’t think about it much cause my mindset was try 1 round first, if this round fail then try after my July vacation. During this jab period, my thigh started to have a rash which was painful and growing so I requested to see the doctor 03 April 2019 on the day of my last scan before ER day. The doctor (I think she’s an overseas doctor who comes here for attachment work / learning) whom I seen and told me there was nothing to worry until Dr Yong & her team saw the “rash” on ER day 05 Apr’19.

So that was the time i started googling about whether it was varicella-zoster virus and if this would affect IVF process. Even Dr Yong had to do some additional reading. Of course, Dr Yong was a little upset with her doctor being that my case wasn’t flagged earlier. On day of ER, I was advised by Dr Yong to go to polyclinic to get the anti-viral medication which I have to take for 7 days in a row, 5 hours gap each tablet to get the virus outbreak under control. Polyclinic doctor diagnosed the rash as shingles and I was initially worried if the anti-viral medication would affect the ET then research starts to assure myself that all will be well even if I took anti-viral medication before/during/after ET.

Out of the 10 oocytes retrieved, 6 matured, 4 got fertilized and I kept giving the embryologist scenario based questions, like most prob will do which day transfer? Ultimately, she told me that if day 3 transfer they will give me ample time to go down in the afternoon but mine might be a day 5 transfer… So Monday 08 Apr’19 they called again and told me left 3 embryos grade 2, 2 doing a little slow and still monitoring the faster growing embryo and confirm will do ET on day 5. On ET day, I was like quarantine patient cause of the shingles, i was the last ET patient, the team showed me the selected blastocyst for transfer and I just jokingly said “oh… hello” to the monitor. So I just asked, so what grade is it? Embryologist mentioned Grade AA, then I thought to myself, wah so good grade. When Dr Yong started talking and distracting me from the full bladder and ET process, I also joked back to medical team that I know very well this is not 100% guarantee, I’m just taking it easy. The 2 other embryos were left to grow for another day and next day embryologist told me that they did not reach blastocyst stage hence will be discarded. So I try not to be too negative, cause I will need to go through another round of jabs if this round fails.

During my 2ww, I basically did stuff as usual, vacuum, mopping the floor every other day, walking my yorkie 3 times a day and playing with him every day, having afternoon naps with my yorkie. I think I wasn’t stressed about whether this round will succeed or not because we didn’t tell our parents or friends. Only my neighbor was curious how come I didn’t need to go to work. I noticed my body started to have changes and on the 7-8th day I started to have brown spotting, then I told myself just to relax and enjoy the HL while it lasts. Two days before the BT, I was thinking if I should get a HPT done. Then I told myself don’t waste money cause they gonna do blood test on me. I ended up finding 1 new HPT in my toiletries cabinet then I took it the night before the BT. Got a BFP from HPT, but didn’t tell my husband until the next day when the clinic called me with the results of my BT.

Went for my 1st scan on 6 May, saw the little tadpole and fetal heartbeat and now going 8 weeks.

Honestly, I wasn’t expecting to succeed on my 1st IVF try. Baby dust to all and I hope everyone going through the IVF keep yourself free from worries and take it easy. Just be strong for yourself and not let anything setbacks take you down. Until today, I haven’t even told our parents yet. So no stress still !

Congrats!!

Hi all moms and mummy to be,

Glad to have come across this forum. Just embarked on my IVF journey. It’s Day 1 of taking Norethisterone 5mg twice daily. Am really fearful of come what may. Any support is greatly appreciated. It makes me feel I am less alone.

Oh! I’m with Prof Wong NUH. Any advise is most welcome and appreciated!

Hi all moms and mummy to be,

Glad to have come across this forum. Just embarked on my IVF journey. It’s Day 1 of taking Norethisterone 5mg twice daily. Am really fearful of come what may. Any support is greatly appreciated. It makes me feel I am less alone.

Oh! I’m with Prof Wong NUH. Any advise is most welcome and appreciated!

Hello and welcome! I am seeing Prof Wong as well, currently in my 2ww :)

You will be in good hands, i experienced other fertility doctors before and Prof’s team is the best i came across with so far. Prof is a man of few words so if you are the type who likes to ask questions then i suggest to do some reading beforehand and then ask him. Other than that, i think just be positive, every step you take is a step forward and you are closer than ever to your goal.

Orgalutran shot for the first time this morning.

Just wondering if it is normal to feel itching sensation after the shot?

And its reddish at the site of injection?

I really dislike this injection as compared to gonal F.

Hello and welcome! I am seeing Prof Wong as well, currently in my 2ww :)

You will be in good hands, i experienced other fertility doctors before and Prof’s team is the best i came across with so far. Prof is a man of few words so if you are the type who likes to ask questions then i suggest to do some reading beforehand and then ask him. Other than that, i think just be positive, every step you take is a step forward and you are closer than ever to your goal.

Thank you for the lovely encouragement! Hope all will be well. Nurses told me during the shots, women may tend to become emotionally unstable. I am generally a pretty positive person. Afraid I may become a mess :))

Thank you for the lovely encouragement! Hope all will be well. Nurses told me during the shots, women may tend to become emotionally unstable. I am generally a pretty positive person. Afraid I may become a mess :))
Hi chuaau, don’t worry. We are here to support one another going through this journey.

Yes i had that! The itching and the redness and i also agree, it is one of the more painful jabs.

This might be counter-intuitive but i wld rather the nightly jabs then the daily morning & night progesterone vaginal inserts.

Orgalutran - nurse did mentioned it is normal if have redness for some ppl

Positive is good!!!
Welcome and all the best ^^

Okay la, I think many of us still sane lolol!

Back