Breastfeeding Support Group

Hi dear ladies,

After so four months of bf, my menses suddenly came.
I've notice a significant drop on my bm before my menses came.

How do i increase my milk supply during this period of time.

Appericate ur help ladies.

Hi.. Its normal for e dip of supply when our menses come due to e hormone change. Just maintain ur usual routine be it thru direct latching or pumping. U may also increase them to send signal to ur body that more supply is needed. :)

Hi im a fourth time mum but first time I'm experiencing sore nipples at such an early stage. Tried using nipple shield too but baby doesnt want to latch on it..

I continued feeding even though it's super painful and baby has blood around mouth after drinking

Will try to pump out to let nipple rest. Other than that cant think of any other way.. Have the lanolin cream as well but doesnt really help

Hi ladies, need some advice here.

I'm planning to Bf my bb after delivery and after I return to work for as long as I can.
However, my work requires me to be constantly on the move, but I also have the flexibility to plan my own schedule.
Any mummies here have experience on how to go about doing this?

I bought vehicle adapter to pump milk in car and store in cooler bag. Can put it in fridge as soon as u have access to one. Cooler bags can last abt 8-12 hrs depending on type..

Also i have pumped on the street walking by using battery pack and nursing shawl to cover..

Hi mummies..I really need some help..

My LO is 6 weeks old.. I have yet to latch baby properly.. every time on match, I will end up crying in pain.. I have engaged home visits oflactation consultants twice.

For my right side, sometimes I only feel the pain for 1 minute or so.. after that, it's ok..

However for left side, I will feel the pain throughout the whole session and end up with sore nipples. Though I can hear LO swallowing loudly and breast does becomes soft after that.. he latches for over an hour.. and is not full sometimes.. o.0

I really wish to latch him successfully for the bonding and convenience... I have been pumping out for him so far.. I will latch him when nipples are less sore and when I have the courage and time

After every pumping session, I will have pain at nipples that seems to "shoot into my breasts when I wear bra.. not sure if this is thrush?"

I am only get 40 to 60ml per session with 2 to 3 hours interval. He drinks about every 2 hours.. so I am supplementing with formula.

Latching has always been painful for me.. After every painful latching session, I will get emo.. and hubby is always afraid thatch will get post natal depression.. should I still continue trying to latch? Or should I just give up and continue pumping out for him?

Hi mummies..I really need some help..

My LO is 6 weeks old.. I have yet to latch baby properly.. every time on match, I will end up crying in pain.. I have engaged home visits oflactation consultants twice.

For my right side, sometimes I only feel the pain for 1 minute or so.. after that, it's ok..

However for left side, I will feel the pain throughout the whole session and end up with sore nipples. Though I can hear LO swallowing loudly and breast does becomes soft after that.. he latches for over an hour.. and is not full sometimes.. o.0

I really wish to latch him successfully for the bonding and convenience... I have been pumping out for him so far.. I will latch him when nipples are less sore and when I have the courage and time

After every pumping session, I will have pain at nipples that seems to "shoot into my breasts when I wear bra.. not sure if this is thrush?"

I am only get 40 to 60ml per session with 2 to 3 hours interval. He drinks about every 2 hours.. so I am supplementing with formula.

Latching has always been painful for me.. After every painful latching session, I will get emo.. and hubby is always afraid thatch will get post natal depression.. should I still continue trying to latch? Or should I just give up and continue pumping out for him?

Hi, did you ensure baby latch correctly . Wrong lacthing position will cause your nipple pain. Baby mouth must cover most of the aerola area. Try search you tube and practice more. My baby latch on left side will pain initially too I always unlatch it and try latch again if pain. Keep on practice and now she is ok.
6 weeks old suck longer sometime is the baby want to be comfort on mummy arm to feel secure. It's normal . And the yield of yours now is normal , keep on going the yield will increase. Remember demand = supply , dl is most efficient to build up supply. And if you pump after latch is normal to get only 1-2 oz both side .

For your sore nipple try apply nipple cream or own breast milk and air dry your nipple. Alternately can buy the avent breast shield to prevent rubbing with bra or shirts.

Last edited:
Try join the Facebook group breastfeeding mums there lots mummy share experience and help.

Do remember do not top up fm too much else you are stressful to chase back your supply .

ImageUploadedByForum1448324824.238447.jpg

Exclusive pumping is much more work compare to direct latch but some mother choose that causes can know how much baby drink or due to other reason like baby unable to latch. But nothing wrong cause you still provide the best to baby. Dont be too stress cause stress is milk killer. Cheers!!

Back