Vitamins for kids

I give my gal Jungamals. which is very gd, it also contains antioxident, which our body needs antioxident.

If interested & want to know more abt the product, feel free to drop me a mail : [email protected]

Hi,
My gals are taking supplements frm Melaleuca. So far so gd loh. They can eat well too.
happy.gif

My daughters are taking Childlife colustrum (with probiotics), Childlife Multivitamins and Nordic Naturals DHA. Seems to have helped

i gave my son a liquid multivit from GNC. Didnt quite like the chewable types cos worried abt cavities problem. With a liquid multivit, he can wash down with water.

so far, i only trust clinic vitamins or GNC vitamins for children. Overseas spree selling childlife vitamin that is sold in GNC too.

I am giving Childlife vitamin C syrup in the morning and colostrum at night.

i dnt really trust GNC cos some of the stocks are consignment stocks frm other supplier...i give my girl nutrilite chewable...is good and organic

Hi, normally I will get vitamins, supplements from my phamacist friend in malaysia, selling the same thing but 20-30% cheaper than what they are here in SG. Lots of my colleague order thu me too...

My kids take the Nordic Naturals, Children's DHA and Childlife colustrum (with probiotics).

I purchase my vitamins from iherb.com. Very good price and the delivery is fast. You can use my referral code, PIL417 and save $5 on your first order.

Hi all,

My advice is not to take vitamins supplement. It will do more harm than good. There was recent report on that.

Synthetic vs. Natural Vitamins

Here are some facts that you won’t find advertised on most of the vitamin supplements at your local vitamin store:

The majority of commercial vitamin supplements are made up of synthetic vitamins.

Synthetic vitamins do not perform the same functions in your body as vitamins found naturally in whole food .

Many synthetic vitamins deplete your body of other nutrients and tax your kidneys before being excreted through your urine.

If you want a comprehensive understanding of what vitamins are and what they do in your body, it would be best to take a full course in biochemistry. Do you remember all of those molecular formulas and chemical reactions that you studied in your high school chemistry class?

Biochemistry is really just an extension of chemistry, with an emphasis on the thousands of chemical reactions that occur in your body on a moment-to-moment basis.

Anyone who studies biochemistry learns that vitamins do not exist as single components that act on their own. Vitamins are made up of several different components – enzymes, co-enzymes, and co-factors– that must work together to produce their intended biologic effects.

Vitamins that are found naturally in whole foods come with all of their necessary components. The majority of vitamins that are sold in pharmacies, grocery stores, and vitamin shops are synthetic vitamins, which are only isolated portions of the vitamins that occur naturally in food.

A good example is vitamin C. If you take a look at a variety of vitamin C supplements, you will find that the majority of them contain only ascorbic acid or a compound called ascorbate, which is a less acidic form of acorbic acid. Ascorbic acid is NOT vitamin C. It represents the outer ring that serves as a protective shell for the entire vitamin C complex, much like an orange peel that serves as a protective shell for an orange. Real vitamin C found in whole foods like fruits and vegetables contain the following components:
Rutin
Bioflavonoids (vitamin P)
Factor K
Factor J
Factor P
Tyrosinase
Ascorbinogen
Ascorbic Acid

When you take only ascorbic acid found in your synthetic vitamin C tablet or powder, your body must gather all of the other components of the full vitamin C complex from your body’s tissues in order to make use of it. In the event that your body does not have adequate reserves of the other components, ascorbic acid itself does not provide any of the health benefits that the full vitamin C complex does. After circulating through your system, the unused ascorbic acid is eliminated through your urine.

Just like vitamin C, almost all other vitamins that we know of offer their full health benefits when they are in the presence of a number of enzymes, co-enzymes, co-factors, and even minerals. For example, Vitamin D may have as many as twelve different active components, while vitamin P has at least five different components. The mineral copper is needed for full vitamin C activity, while vitamin E works closely with the mineral selenium to provide its health promoting, anti-oxidative effect.

Clearly, it is best to get your vitamins from whole foods because whole foods provide complete vitamins rather than fractions of them. In many cases, whole foods also provide the minerals that are necessary for optimal vitamin activity. For example, sunflower seeds are an excellent whole food source of vitamin E and the mineral selenium, both of which need each other to offer their full health benefits.

How do you know if the vitamins on your kitchen counter are from whole foods or if they are synthetic?

If the list of ingredients includes an actual vitamin like Vitamin C” rather than an actual food that contains natural vitamin C like “acerola cherry powder”, you can bet that it is a synthetic vitamin.

I am recommending E.Excel product as they are whole foods.

If you choose to use nutritional supplements, it is in your best interest to use only those products that list actual foods as their ingredients rather than synthetic and isolated vitamins. While some synthetic and isolated vitamins have been shown to provide minimal health benefits, on the whole, most of them cause more harm than good and you are far better off spending your money on whole foods.

Hihi,
my girls are taking Herbalife Multivitamins chewable tablets. Comes in raspberry flavour, tasted before not very sweet.
PM me if you need more details
happy.gif

Hi babak,

My advice is not to take vitamins supplement. It will do more harm than good.

If you have read my posting in this thread, there is different in Synthetic and Natural Vitamins.

Vitamin A in apple is different from Vitamin A capsule supplement. Read my posting in detail.

To fight off any virus attack, just take wholesome food supplement to enhance immune system. Wholesome food is not man-made product.

If you wish to know more, please PM me.

Hi,

Not sure that anyone tried/heard of Mannabear from Mannatech.

My younger gal since born is allergy to dairy products. Hence, she is taking isomil milk until now. If she eats cakes, cheese, pizza etc, she will have diarrhoa and stomach upset. Until someone recommend me to try Mannabear product & after 1 month, I let her take butter cream cake/cheese, pizza. She has normal stool & nothing unusal happen. I am very happy.

Also, she is in childcare & usually kids in childcare tend to fall sick easily, but very luckily, she is healthy.

MannaBears provide your kids with:

The phytonutritional goodness of 11 different dehydrated fruits and vegetables
An excellent source of antioxidants
All-natural sweeteners, including cane juice and tapioca syrup
All the benefits of our specially formulated Ambrotose complex
A great-tasting alternative designed to support cell to cell communication

I had tried it before & it does not taste too sweet & also my gals like them very much. Always ask for more.

If your kids like to eat junk food like sweets, can give mannabear to them as it does not taste so sweet.

If anyone interested to try it, let me know.

Thanks,Winston but my child refuse to eat fruits that i really no choice but to go for multivit. I dare not try any organic that is on multi-level mktg as its not tested and approved by MOH

Hi babakba

Most MLM liquid supplements do not need to got thru MOH, either AVA or HSA will do.

And you must be aware that in order for AVA or HSA to approve something, very stringent tests have been done. So no worries about all these, but gotta check for their approval.

PM me if want to know more.

Thanks

Hi great aces,in case of a product of mlm recall,consumers are in no way aware or informed about it, right? unlike thise that are sold in pharmacies or hospitals where sometimes newspaper will advertise. pls clarify my doubt.

All health product must get relevant authorities to approve before selling to consumers.

If there is something wrong to the health product, by law, the company has to withdraw from the market. This applied to MLM product. MLM is just any method to sell product.

The company I recommend has factory in Singapore and was awarded GMP by AVA. They are from USA and strong in Nutritional Immunology. Nutritional Immunology, a prevention science, that studies the relationship between plant nutrients and our immune system. As the saying goes, "we are what we eat".

My baby is taking the product since 6 months old.

BTW, do you know most of the baby product contain heavy metal? It is not known to many people. What can you do? Do not let your baby drink formula milk or taking cereal. This is not possible. The only thing you can do is to detoxify the body and eat plant food to enhance immune system.

To take supplement, you must take wholesome food supplement. My advice is not to take vitamins supplement. It will do more harm than good.

If you have read my posting in this thread, there is different in Synthetic and Natural Vitamins. Just choose the product that meet the requirement of Natural Vitamins.

Can blend fruit juice or use fruits to cook soup..
PM me if u need recipe..
Pear n apple are most commonly used in soup.

You don't need supplement if you take enough fruits and vegetables. But you need at least 15 kinds of different fruits and vegetables.

But in today world with polluted air and others, taking supplement is recommended. But take wholesome food supplement, not Synthetic supplement. 95% of supplement are Synthetic. Consume with care.

Not sure about exactly what you're trying to find, before taking any medicine or herbs you have to consult a doctor. To find out more or even to educate yourself you can go through some very nice websites like Healthfinder.gov etc ... also you will get a free e-book on multi vitamin here http://www.multivitaminstruth.com

Hi I am looking for supplements for my 2 years old daughter. Any good recommendation ??
natural fruits and vegetables are best.
if ur kid like mine, he hates all vegetables and fruits.. except apple.
so i try my best to give apples. lol
if not, use supplements liao

anything that is processed got chemical in it to make the product stable on the shelf.

if ur child is eating well, then no need supplement.

anything that is processed got chemical in it to make the product stable on the shelf.
if ur child is eating well, then no need supplement.

go natural! actually natural does not mean good also... haha cut down on excess ba.
everything in moderation =)

I recommend intraKID which is an organic all-in-one liquid multivitamin supplement specifically formulated for children over the age of 4. It provides an array of vitamins, trace and macro minerals, probiotics, antioxidants, digestive enzymes, fruits, vegetables, essential fatty acids, bioflavonoids, amino acids and much more! You can buy it from https://www.intramax.co.uk/

Back