IVF doctor recommendation for private hospital

yhyeung

Hello all, i am new to Singapore and hope to do IVF Treatment. I would like to go to private hospital, as I m at 40, time is important.

Can anyone suggest some good doctors?

Thanks so much!!

At 37, I did 1 round of IVF with Dr Cheng, failed fresh cycle, then succeeded in FET, with twins.
At 42, I did 1 round of IVF with KKH, failed fresh cycle, FET resulted in chemical pregnancy but then miscarriaged within 1 month.
In my experience, KKH has long waiting times, need to queue for scan then queue for consultation again, queue for a long time for medicine...and most importantly is very discouraging to women above 40.
At 44 I came back to Dr Cheng, did 1 round of IVF, FET (single embryo), now 10 weeks pregnant.

Both times when I was successful, I also went for acupuncture at Raffles Hospital TCM with Dr Zhao.

Dr LC Cheng at Thomson Medical https://www.thomsonmedical.com/doctor/dr-cheng-li-chang/

Last edited:
At 37, I did 1 round of IVF with Dr Cheng, failed fresh cycle, then succeeded in FET, with twins.
At 42, I did 1 round of IVF with KKH, failed fresh cycle, FET resulted in clinical pregnancy but then miscarriaged within 1 month.
In my experience, KKH has long waiting times, need to queue for scan then queue for consultation again, queue for a long time for medicine...and most importantly is very discouraging to women above 40.
At 44 I came back to Dr Cheng, did 1 round of IVF, FET (single embryo), now 10 weeks pregnant.

Both times when I was successful, I also went for acupuncture at Raffles Hospital TCM with Dr Zhao.

Dr LC Cheng at Thomson Medical https://www.thomsonmedical.com/doctor/dr-cheng-li-chang/

Really thanks a lot for your kind help! as we are not familiar with Singapore IVF, your advice are so important!!

At 42, I did 1 round of IVF with KKH, failed fresh cycle, FET resulted in chemical pregnancy but then miscarriaged within 1 month.

Hihi.. I’m with the both of them. Is dr LC Cheng really good in ivf ? Dont see that a lot of ladies with him.. I’m still in the midst of discussion with him . Thanks

I only have experience with Dr LC Cheng apart from KKH. It did take us a failed cycle for him to learn more about how my body reacts to the medication, type of transfer cycle etc. He is a low key kind of guy I think. Maybe you go with your instincts, do some cycles with one of them first.

Hihi.. I’m with the both of them. Is dr LC Cheng really good in ivf ? Dont see that a lot of ladies with him.. I’m still in the midst of discussion with him . Thanks

I second@wanarelax. I succeeded twice with Dr LC Cheng via FET.
Age 34, Preggie with No1. via 1st FET under Dr Cheng.
Age 39, Failed 2nd IVF due to poor quality embryos.
Age 40, Preggie with No2 via FET again under Dr Cheng after he had readjusted my stimulation protocol.
He is a candid and meticulous IVF dr.

Hello all, i am new to Singapore and hope to do IVF Treatment. I would like to go to private hospital, as I m at 40, time is important.

Can anyone suggest some good doctors?

Thanks so much!!
Hi, I hope your journey had been keeping your hopes up so far. I am 33 this year and although I may not be in my forties, I do have a string of problems mainly annovulation, pcos with only 2 periods a year on average and a dermoid cyst on my left ovary. Sometime in jan last year, I posted my difficulties in conceiving here in hopes to find solace and support from other ladies undergoing similar challenges as me, Daylesford (I saw that she commented in this thread as well) gave me a reply to what she experienced in her conceiving journey. I heeded her recommendation and went to see Dr LC Cheng at WC CHENG. Dr Cheng is indeed a candid and meticulous doctor (fits Daylesford's description of him to the tee). I'm glad my husband and I followed his instructions every step of the way and we are on our way to having our first baby boy arriving this November.

When our baby boy is born, we intend to bring him to see Dr Cheng (who by the way no longer does delivery thus we had to switch our doctor to another gynae when we passed our first trimester mark) and pay him our respects with some humble gifts. You can consider consulting Dr Cheng, he is good and we call him our miracle fertility doctor. We've seen at least 5 doctors before him, 2 private and 3 random ones assigned to me during my visits to KKH.

He is good. He does not sugarcoat or paint rosy outcomes for each of his steps along our journey and for that to us, was helpful as my husband and i are the kind who are wary of being too hopeful only to be greatly disappointed later on. We just heeded his advice, number of jabs each time, take my meds on his prescribed timing, took leave to excuse ourselves from work so we work around his timing. All these paid off as we succeeded in our first frozen cycle with Dr Cheng.

Hi, I hope your journey had been keeping your hopes up so far. I am 33 this year and although I may not be in my forties, I do have a string of problems mainly annovulation, pcos with only 2 periods a year on average and a dermoid cyst on my left ovary. Sometime in jan last year, I posted my difficulties in conceiving here in hopes to find solace and support from other ladies undergoing similar challenges as me, Daylesford (I saw that she commented in this thread as well) gave me a reply to what she experienced in her conceiving journey. I heeded her recommendation and went to see Dr LC Cheng at WC CHENG. Dr Cheng is indeed a candid and meticulous doctor (fits Daylesford's description of him to the tee). I'm glad my husband and I followed his instructions every step of the way and we are on our way to having our first baby boy arriving this November.

When our baby boy is born, we intend to bring him to see Dr Cheng (who by the way no longer does delivery thus we had to switch our doctor to another gynae when we passed our first trimester mark) and pay him our respects with some humble gifts. You can consider consulting Dr Cheng, he is good and we call him our miracle fertility doctor. We've seen at least 5 doctors before him, 2 private and 3 random ones assigned to me during my visits to KKH.

Skirtrunning,
This is excellent news and congratulations. i am glad that your efforts and perseverance paid off with the help of Dr Cheng’s magic hands and also advices from Catherine. you should be are heading into your Trimester 3 pretty soon and hope you hAve a smooth delivery.

Skirtrunning,
This is excellent news and congratulations. i am glad that your efforts and perseverance paid off with the help of Dr Cheng’s magic hands and also advices from Catherine. you should be are heading into your Trimester 3 pretty soon and hope you hAve a smooth delivery.

I am nearing 33 weeks now :)

Baby has been kind to me, very smooth pregnancy so far. We are counting our blessings; very grateful.

Side track a bit, Catherine told us they are so busy this year, so many cases. Seems like many are trying for baby during circuit breaker/work from home :D

I am nearing 33 weeks now :)

Baby has been kind to me, very smooth pregnancy so far. We are counting our blessings; very grateful.

Side track a bit, Catherine told us they are so busy this year, so many cases. Seems like many are trying for baby during circuit breaker/work from home :D
Time flies... another month or so, you will be popping soon.
Which gynea are you seeing now ?

Wishing you a smooth delivery !

Dr Ann Tan is great, I highly recommend her <3
Hi, did you do IVF with Dr Ann Tan? Could you share the protocol/process for it? I did my IVF with NUH previously, didn’t work out so considering whether to change to another doctor and wondering what would be the difference. Example for NUH it starts with taking Norethisterone for 5-10days, before starting al the stimulation injections. Anything else which Dr Ann Tan will prescribe before starting the IVF process?

thank you.

Time flies... another month or so, you will be popping soon.
Which gynea are you seeing now ?

Wishing you a smooth delivery !
Thank you <3 Baby decided to crash mum and dad's staycation and came out early at week 36...Hes doing fine now tho and will be completing his first month tomorrow :) My gynae is Dr Ben Tham. Since Dr LC Cheng no longer does delivery.

Back