IVF 2019

By the way, did all of you get a ovidrel shot right after embyro transfer. I was given one ovidrel to bring home after egg extraction and told to bring it on embryo transfer day. But after embryo transfer doctor told nurses no need for the ovidrel shot which I don’t know why. The nurses said the ovidrel is a hcg jab to let the body think it’s pregnant in order to help implantation. I wondered if that made a difference.

Dr didn’t prescribe me with ovidrel shot too.

Congrats to u! Pls stay positive !! I am in similar case as u, transferred my last 2d embryo but not feeling hopeful as I am having cramps since 7dp2dt n abit of spotting.
Hey stay positive! I had some cramping 7-9 days after ET too. In fact I was looking out for some implantation bleeding but I didn’t get any. Dun lose hope. I only had 2 2d embryo and although doc suggested putting both in I opted to put only 1 and leave the other to grow into blast and get frozen. Unfortunately that one did not make it to blast and I was so upset coz I think if all didn’t make it I wasn’t hopeful that the one that has been transferred will make it. But against all odds the little fighter inside me made it!

My tcm doc advised that sometimes 2d transfer is even better than 5d coz the embryo can develop better in a “natural” environment.

Yes I just came back from the hospital with bfp, hcg level at 1600. Very happy and grateful. However it is still a never ending worry coz have to do ultrascan next week to confirm that the pregnancy is okay.

Jiayou and keep urself relaxed. I think it helps!

Hey stay positive! I had some cramping 7-9 days after ET too. In fact I was looking out for some implantation bleeding but I didn’t get any. Dun lose hope. I only had 2 2d embryo and although doc suggested putting both in I opted to put only 1 and leave the other to grow into blast and get frozen. Unfortunately that one did not make it to blast and I was so upset coz I think if all didn’t make it I wasn’t hopeful that the one that has been transferred will make it. But against all odds the little fighter inside me made it!

My tcm doc advised that sometimes 2d transfer is even better than 5d coz the embryo can develop better in a “natural” environment.

Yes I just came back from the hospital with bfp, hcg level at 1600. Very happy and grateful. However it is still a never ending worry coz have to do ultrascan next week to confirm that the pregnancy is okay.

diff dr will suggest differently and also depends on ur body. cos my case 5d embryo works better ... congrats! i’m looking forward for wed bt...

For those with BFP, which O&G Dr you all going ? Private or government hospital ? Heard Dr Sadanah from KKH don’t do delivery. I’m planning in advance.

I only have frozen blast left. Cos i had to do a genetic screening on day 3, lost 2 embryos there.. i only had 2 blasts left so thought I split to increase chances. Cos some ppl say fresh transfer your body is not as optimal for pregnancy. But frozen you may lose or damage ur blastocyst during thawing haha. So don’t put all my eggs into one basket literally LOL
I didn't freeze mine. Because if freeze only available 1 for freezing and I worry it won't survive the thawing. Instead of let it gone waste when thaw, I rather put 2.

I got my hcg results and it’s in the grey zone.. haizz.. i know eventually the level will drop. But i have to continue inserting the supplements with AF flo until wed for another blood test. It’s prolonging the agony :/
Be positive. Watch happy movie to make your mood better.

Hello all. Does anyone know if we can change doctor before the start of our IVF program? I'm now under Dr. Jerry chan but I read alot on the good reviews of Dr. THH. So was thinking if it's possible to make a switch. I'm supposed to start IVF this cycle. Thank you!

I had 3 scans before the trigger shot. I went to KKIVF almost every day during that week.

Ohhh thanks babe! I’m down for my 2nd scan on wed. I’m damn kiasu, so worried my colleague gonna take offday before Labour Day PH (she already took the thurs/fri after Labour Day) and my boss don’t allow me to be off, I block leave all the way till 30apr.

Ohhh thanks babe! I’m down for my 2nd scan on wed. I’m damn kiasu, so worried my colleague gonna take offday before Labour Day PH (she already took the thurs/fri after Labour Day) and my boss don’t allow me to be off, I block leave all the way till 30apr.
I only had 2 scans. It all depends on your follicle growth. For me after my 2nd scan, I was told to take the trigger shot the next day night and ER another 2 days later.

I only had 2 scans. It all depends on your follicle growth. For me after my 2nd scan, I was told to take the trigger shot the next day night and ER another 2 days later.

That’s very fast, you must have responded very well to the stims! I’m hoping I’m responding well if not I may not be able to catch the dr for the ER. May I ask which stim were you on?

I’ve been eating protein/egg whites & taking longan tea but will wait a while till the 2nd scan to see if my lining was okay before I start taking red bean soup. or shd I start already?

Yeah happy for u that u get ur bfp!! Pls take good care in the mean time. :)

Actually quite similar, I had 19 eggs retrieved but in the end only left 3. All the rest couldn’t make it to blast. I put 2 during my fresh but didn’t work out. So for this fet, I didn’t have much confidence too thinking it’s from the same batch, in fact I was also worried it wouldn’t survive the thaw!!

Hope can get a bfp like u!

Hello all. Does anyone know if we can change doctor before the start of our IVF program? I'm now under Dr. Jerry chan but I read alot on the good reviews of Dr. THH. So was thinking if it's possible to make a switch. I'm supposed to start IVF this cycle. Thank you!
need to call ivf clinic n ask. i don’t think u can start first cos dr decide the doz u on

U can get Mc during the scanning day if leave not allow. Ask Mc from the clinic after scanning

That’s very fast, you must have responded very well to the stims! I’m hoping I’m responding well if not I may not be able to catch the dr for the ER. May I ask which stim were you on?

I’ve been eating protein/egg whites & taking longan tea but will wait a while till the 2nd scan to see if my lining was okay before I start taking red bean soup. or shd I start already?
I did try to eat more fish and eggs and drank red date tea. Didn’t eat any red bean soup though. I was on Puregon. My lining was 9.3 on first scan and 2nd scan the next day was 11.3

need to call ivf clinic n ask. i don’t think u can start first cos dr decide the doz u on

Hello! Thank you for your reply. But I attended the briefing already, now awaiting for cycle to start IVF this month... Ok. I shall call and ask... By any chance, anyone here has any experience with Dr. Jerry chan with IVF before?

Wow they do your scan quite early. Beside scanning do they still monitor your hcg?

U can get Mc during the scanning day if leave not allow. Ask Mc from the clinic after scanning

Yea, but my team is small so can’t have 2 person out at the same time :(

I did try to eat more fish and eggs and drank red date tea. Didn’t eat any red bean soup though. I was on Puregon. My lining was 9.3 on first scan and 2nd scan the next day was 11.3

My first scan was only 4.4 with many small follicles. I hope the lining and follicles grew evenly these few days.

I had my review after 2 failed ivf with DR THH yesterday was recommend to the endo scope to check endometrium on why implantation cannot take place. I also do research that endo scrapping will help for implantation. So doing all the possible chance... im also taking supplements (royal jelly, maca, fish oil, coq10, prenatal vitamins, calcium) and yesterday added the vitamin D which i asked doctor if i should get myself check for vitaminD deficiency. He said no need to go for test and just take the vitamin D. Prescribed me for 3months supply as he said its not gonna harm since its just for short period to prepare the body. So this time round really doing everything we could to have higher chance of success. We will start again on July fresh cycle but we are thinking to just do the stim collect the eggs and such then do the frozen cycle.

Hi ladies .. any one tested on those David hpt before ? I am now 10dp4dt... am hoping this gives some hope but the line seems to be rather light ..

Attachments

• C600E09B-1C60-4E97-A0A9-F226E7D8A840.jpeg
    C600E09B-1C60-4E97-A0A9-F226E7D8A840.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 391
I had my review after 2 failed ivf with DR THH yesterday was recommend to the endo scope to check endometrium on why implantation cannot take place. I also do research that endo scrapping will help for implantation. So doing all the possible chance... im also taking supplements (royal jelly, maca, fish oil, coq10, prenatal vitamins, calcium) and yesterday added the vitamin D which i asked doctor if i should get myself check for vitaminD deficiency. He said no need to go for test and just take the vitamin D. Prescribed me for 3months supply as he said its not gonna harm since its just for short period to prepare the body. So this time round really doing everything we could to have higher chance of success. We will start again on July fresh cycle but we are thinking to just do the stim collect the eggs and such then do the frozen cycle.
i had scrapping done before at nuh, didn’t implant also

do fresh cycle or frozen? How is it like? The nurse said its better when ur near to the ivf procedure.
i did during fresh cycle cos i did 1 round with nuh... i can only say... the dr not knowledagble enough... everything is follow instruction kind...

Hi everyone, I had my 5d blastocyst transferred yesterday (22 Apr 19).

We did IVF (no IUI) due to male factor. I have low AMH for my age (30, AMH 1.6) - only retrieved 7 eggs even with 300iu menopur a day. 5 were mature and 4 fertilised and made it to day 5. At ET time however, only 1 was blastocyst stage - the other 3 were slow growers and the embryologist said he would give them till day 7 to mature to blastocyst stage for freezing. Otherwise, they would be disposed. My doctor was Dr Jerry @ KKH.

At first I was really down about my outcome, but now I'm just thankful that I have 1 mature blastocyst to transfer. There is nothing I can do about it now - at most do more cycles :) no point fretting now also. I also didn't ask about the grade of the blastocyst and embryos since no point knowing about that at this point :cool:

In the meantime, I have been trying to avoid cooling food and eating more heaty or neutral food - ginger, leek, chicken, beef, fish, onions, spring onions etc. Chicken essence daily. I have already been on a low carb diet so I will continue that - maximum protein and minimal carbs. I have also been taking protein shake daily, which gives me 19g of protein (about 6+ egg whites). Also taking 2tbsp of chia seeds with almond milk for fibre and high quality carbs. Taking it easy - doing some work from home to distract myself, but not letting anyone hurry me. Also, doing a lot of online shopping :D

Baby dust to all!

Haha, it is really indeed a never-ending chain of worries from the day you decided to go for IVF. And it don't just stop there after having a live birth!

i did during fresh cycle cos i did 1 round with nuh... i can only say... the dr not knowledagble enough... everything is follow instruction kind...
Oh..initially we wanted to change and go to NUH for this 3rd try, but my hubby get upset with the long wait 2.5hrs waiting to consult Dr Chew. We gave up and go back again in KKH with Dr Tan HH.. anyway, the procedure also not cheap for scope 1k++ cos no subsidy. How much does it cost for u?

Hi babe, I saw from the main IVF/ICSI thread (the 4900+ pages one..... :O ) that if you change docs, you need to requeue. HTH.

Yes it is possible. But you have to pay 1 additional private consultation fee and check for the available schedule of Dr Tan HH.

U are under Jerry chan - did you just started? because in the middle part, sometimes it will no longer be handled by jerry chan. you can't opt for the doctor if you are under subsidized patient i think?

those big procedure usually i think handled by experienced doctor.

U are under Jerry chan - did you just started? because in the middle part, sometimes it will no longer be handled by jerry chan. you can't opt for the doctor if you are under subsidized patient i think?

those big procedure usually i think handled by experienced doctor.
Yes under subsidized u cannot choose doctor.

Oh..initially we wanted to change and go to NUH for this 3rd try, but my hubby get upset with the long wait 2.5hrs waiting to consult Dr Chew. We gave up and go back again in KKH with Dr Tan HH.. anyway, the procedure also not cheap for scope 1k++ cos no subsidy. How much does it cost for u?
i forget already, for ivf it’s just a pay n pay cycle, i spend 20k at tmc, 13k at nuh with dr chew, hh tan at kkh 9k+ only n gave me +

tbh... my experience with hh tan is the best...

i forget already, for ivf it’s just a pay n pay cycle, i spend 20k at tmc, 13k at nuh with dr chew, hh tan at kkh 9k+ only n gave me +

tbh... my experience with hh tan is the best...
Its good to hear, and hoping i will also get my positive with Dr Tan HH. What changes do u do compare to your other cycles? This time we are still under government grant so the cost still manageable. But this will be our last try and hopefully to get positive..

I'm under private. That's why thinking of switching doctor..I understand that subsidized can't choose doctors...

if that's the case, i suggest you to change doc.
i have had experience of dr j*rry before. he's ok. but i don't really him. (i don't know if it's just all the doctors in KKH practice like this- i got to wait very long for J*rry and always late, i may have misunderstood him perhaps he got other patient? but i dont know it's my personal opinion)
i prefer to HH TAN or CH TAN forget which H already, but a male doctor.

if that's the case, i suggest you to change doc.
i have had experience of dr j*rry before. he's ok. but i don't really him. (i don't know if it's just all the doctors in KKH practice like this- i got to wait very long for J*rry and always late, i may have misunderstood him perhaps he got other patient? but i dont know it's my personal opinion)
i prefer to HH TAN or CH TAN forget which H already, but a male doctor.

When we did our review with Dr Jerry after our failed cycle, we don't really feel any sympathy. Maybe he is too professional. Basically, we went in, and he take a quick glance at file and notes .... just advice us to try again.

When we did our review with Dr Jerry after our failed cycle, we don't really feel any sympathy. Maybe he is too professional. Basically, we went in, and he take a quick glance at file and notes .... just advice us to try again.
Actually that was how I felt in that very first consultation with him. I only had one encounter with him so I can't comment much and also don wanna judge too soon...During our first meeting, like u said it, he seemed cold, not much emotions but i thought maybe coz we haven't had much interactions. That's why I'm thinking since Dr. THH reviews are much better, might as well go for him as I'm still neutral at this stage. But I seen ppl mentioned THH schduele may alrd be packed. So I guess I will pray and start my IVF with Dr. Jerry Chan then. Thank you for your inputs!

Its good to hear, and hoping i will also get my positive with Dr Tan HH. What changes do u do compare to your other cycles? This time we are still under government grant so the cost still manageable. But this will be our last try and hopefully to get positive..

i watch running man, bed rest 1 full wk... did nothing... chill n relax... enjoying n laughing

Actually that was how I felt in that very first consultation with him. I only had one encounter with him so I can't comment much and also don wanna judge too soon...During our first meeting, like u said it, he seemed cold, not much emotions but i thought maybe coz we haven't had much interactions. That's why I'm thinking since Dr. THH reviews are much better, might as well go for him as I'm still neutral at this stage. But I seen ppl mentioned THH schduele may alrd be packed. So I guess I will pray and start my IVF with Dr. Jerry Chan then. Thank you for your inputs!

yes thh schedule is very packed. tbh, i’m very grateful to thh, my ttc journey is tough enough, ttc for 10 yrs, hit with + but crashed on me 5 days ... slap with ectopic, thh showed me cared n concern n encouragement to go on. he rushed in at 9+pm for emergency surgery for me when a&e ppl don’t allow me to get thh back.... 11yrs came + n giv birth to healthy baby. during preggy, i hospitalised twice, he came visit me despite its sunday, he came in home clothes explaining to me my condition n assured me i’m ok... so now, my 3rd try with thh.

What about Dr Sadhana from KKH ? Personally I really like her. My friends seen her and got twins.

Back