November 2019 Mummies

Hello Mummies,

I'm a 1st Time Dad here.

Would like to ask as to how you all go about choosing your own gynae? Do you schedule your own next appointment and choose the gynae?

Or someone would actually approach you and ask whether you are going for subsidized or private?

Wife plans to deliver at KKH and would like to choose Dr Jessie Phoon as her gynae.

Hello Mummies,

I'm a 1st Time Dad here.

Would like to ask as to how you all go about choosing your own gynae? Do you schedule your own next appointment and choose the gynae?

Or someone would actually approach you and ask whether you are going for subsidized or private?

Wife plans to deliver at KKH and would like to choose Dr Jessie Phoon as her gynae.

Congrats!!

Call them to tell them u like to make the appointment with Dr Jessie Phoon.. but it won’t be subsidize. Under subsidize u can’t choose gynea.

Thank you, Excited daddy.

We have already went for a 1st scan under subsidized. So if we call them up and ask to make appointment with Dr Jessie Phoon, does it mean it will start from the next scan (which is already scheduled) onwards?

My wife is 7 weeks pregnant now. Is it better to fix a gynae now or continue under subsidized first until the 3rd trimester before switching to private?

Thank you, Excited daddy.

We have already went for a 1st scan under subsidized. So if we call them up and ask to make appointment with Dr Jessie Phoon, does it mean it will start from the next scan (which is already scheduled) onwards?

My wife is 7 weeks pregnant now. Is it better to fix a gynae now or continue under subsidized first until the 3rd trimester before switching to private?

Once appointment make to any gynea, private route start.

Depend your choice if both of u comfortable to see different gynea until last trimester. Pros is save a lot on scanning but cons is your private gynea won’t know your case from beginning. Yes she can read from the case file but not everything might written (some might miss).

Once appointment make to any gynea, private route start.

Depend your choice if both of u comfortable to see different gynea until last trimester. Pros is save a lot on scanning but cons is your private gynea won’t know your case from beginning. Yes she can read from the case file but not everything might written (some might miss).

If we start late with a private gynae, would there be a chance that those popular ones are fully booked and will not take up more cases?

Hi all! Im a First time mum. 10 weeks pregnant. Had my first scan at thomson women clinic when im on my 6 weeks just to confirm the pregnancy. Can see my little one with the hearbeat beating. This coming monday will be my first appt at NUH. Currently having bad morning sickness(morn, evening, night sickness). No appetite, always vomitting. No energy. :(

Yes, I was referred to kkh a&e as well due to spotting, they did urine test and blood test for me, was positive. But did vaginal scan and ultrasound cannot detect anything.. Anyone seen Dr. Natalie

I saw your post regarding DR Natalie Chua. I have 3 kids. I delivered all my kids at parkway east hospital. My 2nd and 3rd was handled by Dr Natalie. Initially when i took her in 2014 to 2015, probably she had just started being partner with dr heng. Her clinic was new and there wasn't many patients. I enjoyed meeting back then. She was friendly and caring, I recommended most of my friends, and she did not pushed us to go for induce and etc. She has the same mindset as both us, go for natural as much as we can, and she was there very positive when i gave birth to 2nd one. I would say it was so calm and easy for me. However when she became popular and there are so many patients waiting for her just like dr heng clinic. Her attitude changes, i am so disappointed taking her last yr when i gave birth to my 3rd child. She is always in a rush during observation and scan. Sometimes it only 5 mins or less. And she sound naggy and motivating at all. And the best part, she rushed me through during labour. I was only 2cm during my 37checkup. And she told me i need to be warded. I am not having any complication or any illness tht need antibiotic. And i refused to take any drugs as i know how to control the pain. All along i was using my young living lavender oil to calm myself and it was prefectly fine, she went to meet in later aft 2 hrs and told me its is still 2cm so need to induce then break water bag. I was like what?? Why shld u do that? Fine i cant be bother to argue. So my husband and i waited and waited.. best part midwife told me my position of my body need to adjust babyheartbeat cannot hear. So i kept adjusting and it wasnt comfortable at all.. i need to be comfortablen relax for my baby to go througj the passage then down to the opening. Almost 5 hrs the opening was only abt 5 cm. So dr kept calling midwife how was my progress and inisted me to take the oxygen and painkiller so i can relax, i knew if i took that i will be vomiting since i had not taken any food since morning. Midwife and dr told me if i dont take it, baby will get dry as the waterbag is broken and they need to do a c sec. Huh? All along it was natural birth. Just because she burst the waterbag earlier. And the cervic is not opening yet, she threathened me like tht. I prayed and prayed and turn my position to a relax position,. Then suddenly i felt an urge to push. And within 20 mins i delivered my baby. It was a drama and a chaotic experience for me. By righti shld be in a relax mode and mid wife and gynae (dr chua) at least dont rush things and induce me get this baby out as soon as possible.. so it wasnt natural thing at all. She just want it fast. Luckly, thank god all went well what if something happen. Will she be responsible for her doings. I dont recommend dr natalie.. and i dont think she is experienced enough for patients with complication and also her bills are way to high now. With the service provide, i am not satisfied. Best part after i left home, there wasnt any call from her clinic at all till now nothing. From last yr oct till today. At least a follow up call to book for appointment for post birth checkup. Last time her staff will do that now.. not any more. Seriously, so disappointed,

Hi all!!! New mum checking in! ^_^
Just had my first scan earlier this week at KKH. My EDD is 24 Nov 2019. So exciting!!!

Hi Mummies to Be,

I am 8 weeks pregnant. I had pregnancy symptoms at week 6-7 but all symptoms stop at week 8. Just had my ultrasound scan last friday. Baby has strong heartbeat. But just feel uneasy that symptoms stop suddenly. Donno if baby is fine.

If there is a whats apps group , can grp members add me into the group? Thanks in advance..

IMG_7365.JPG

Hello, I’m preordering this. Anyone keen, PM me. $25

Hello all! Decided to join in the thread as I’m expecting my first and it’s great to see so many sharing the same journey. My EDD is 12 Nov. I confirmed the pregnancy at home after my trip to Bali - where I missed my period for 5 days.

So far the good things I’m experiencing:

- No morning sickness
- No fatigue
- Normal sleep cycle
- Normal appetite
- Yoga practice as per usual (but need to alter abit)

The bad things:

- Bloatedness (I cannot tell if that’s my uterus or just eat too much from a meal)
- Swollen breasts
- Lost interest in sex (anyone here feels the same? I read somewhere, some pregnancies may result in higher sex drive )
- I’m not working currently (not sure if it’s a bad or good thing but to me, it’s definitely a downside)

My first gynae visit was when I was 6 weeks. My 2nd appointment was scheduled to be 29 April. But because everything had been too peaceful, I returned earlier than my schedule (last week) to check the progress (I was already thinking far too far lol) but when I heard the heartbeat, I could sleep much better.

By the way, anyone here teared when you saw your baby? I didn’t cry when I heard the heartbeat, nor when I saw it moving. I was trying my best to follow doctor’s cursor in the monitor screen. Until today, this still feels surreal.

Hello all! Decided to join in the thread as I’m expecting my first and it’s great to see so many sharing the same journey. My EDD is 12 Nov. I confirmed the pregnancy at home after my trip to Bali - where I missed my period for 5 days.

So far the good things I’m experiencing:

- No morning sickness
- No fatigue
- Normal sleep cycle
- Normal appetite
- Yoga practice as per usual (but need to alter abit)

The bad things:

- Bloatedness (I cannot tell if that’s my uterus or just eat too much from a meal)
- Swollen breasts
- Lost interest in sex (anyone here feels the same? I read somewhere, some pregnancies may result in higher sex drive )
- I’m not working currently (not sure if it’s a bad or good thing but to me, it’s definitely a downside)

My first gynae visit was when I was 6 weeks. My 2nd appointment was scheduled to be 29 April. But because everything had been too peaceful, I returned earlier than my schedule (last week) to check the progress (I was already thinking far too far lol) but when I heard the heartbeat, I could sleep much better.

By the way, anyone here teared when you saw your baby? I didn’t cry when I heard the heartbeat, nor when I saw it moving. I was trying my best to follow doctor’s cursor in the monitor screen. Until today, this still feels surreal.

Hi dear, Congrats! My EDD is 13 Nov! hahaha
I didn't tear also la, just feel... surreal. Just hoping baby is growing. I have terrible morning sickness or i will say last throughout the day. Some parent worry about having sex in 1st trimester, mayb u will feel better in 2nd trimester n sex drive might be back? Mine so far ok, i don't have mood as i am feeling unwell most of the time.

Was curious that most new moms knew your EDD after the 1st scan.

My wife went for her first scan on 9th Apr and was scheduled for her second scan on 30th Apr. However, the gynae never informed us on her EDD. Do we need to ask ourselves?

My wife went for her first scan on 9th Apr and was scheduled for her second scan on 30th Apr. However, the gynae never informed us on her EDD. Do we need to ask ourselves?

I know the EDD from my 1st scan ultrasound picture, ultrasound picture will stated the date. But my EDD changed during my 9 week scan which is delay 2 days. probably gynae didn't let you know because the EDD might change after few week.

Early scan like 6-7 weeks is to check on the viability of the pregnancy and its hard to calculate the EDD as the size of the fetus is too small which is why your gynae never inform you of the EDD. Usually by 9-10 weeks after the scan, the EDD is kind of confirmed. As for me, if calculate by last menstrual period the EDD is 26 sep and after the scan, my EDD changed to 23 sep as they calculated based on the baby size. Hope this helps you :)

Hi all, just seen a gynae today and confirmed pregnancy at 7weeks+ and EDD on 28th Nov. Is there a fb group chat or whats app gp for Nov EDD?:)

Hi all, please text me your number. I create 1 and add all of u in. Since there is no respond or update from the previous 1.

Hi guys!

The last time I logged in to this forum was ten years ago! My daughter is now ten years old.

Am finally expecting number two now. Currently 11 weeks, and I’m with Prof Tan at SGH. Any of you having him as gynae too?

Last edited:
Hi Mummies to Be,

I am 8 weeks pregnant. I had pregnancy symptoms at week 6-7 but all symptoms stop at week 8. Just had my ultrasound scan last friday. Baby has strong heartbeat. But just feel uneasy that symptoms stop suddenly. Donno if baby is fine.

If there is a whats apps group , can grp members add me into the group? Thanks in advance..
Hi I'm on 8 weeks too!

Hi, I am new here.
Expecting my first due in Nov 2019. So exciting but the morning sickness is draining me off....
Can add me to grouochat.

Hi, I am a first time mummy currently 7 weeks pregnant with twins from ivf fet cycle. I am either due in late nov or early dec 2019. Can i be included in the group chat as well? Thanks

Hi all,

Can anyone PM me on the WhatsApp group chat? My wife is expecting (around 9 weeks) and will be seeing a doctor at KKH this week! :)

Back