Can I still be pregnant?

Darksoul

Hello. I'm on a 33 day cycle. Last period 4 to 10 march. Period late by 5 days now. Supposed to come either 5 or 6 april. I could have ovulated on 23 march. From 29 march till now, I've been having very mild but consistent cramping lower pelvis (taking turns on right and left side) and lower right back (lower right back has been quite a killer) and I've never experienced this before throughout my periods. My temperature has been on the higher side since ovulation and has not decreased. My always-sore/full/heavy breasts a few days before period is now gone. My breasts are not sore or heavy or full at all for this month's due period. But I've been having headaches, slight dizziness (these are quite common for me due period), breathlessness and fatigue (these two are not at all common when due period) when walking a distance or doing some Chores. My tests have been negative since 10 dpo. I'm now 18 dpo. So is my period just late OR could i have ovulated and implanted late and be pregnant?

Have you taken a pregnancy test using first morning urine (fmu) or is it just a random urine of the day? It would be better to use fmu as the amount of hcg may not be very high in early pregnancy. FMU would be the most concentrated.

You may want to go to your GP to do a blood test for pregnancy. It’s the most accurate and can detect even small amounts of hcg. Think it costs abt $50 and results take 2-3 working days for my GP.

@mrs_lim2016 thank u for ur input. throughout my tests, i've used both fmu and urine other times of the day. and it's to the point i don't even know whether i have line eyes or the line is vvvvvfl/evap/indent/shadowy. do u know if i can order blood test from the polyclinic though? i'm also a little worried my period would show anytime because it was only since last year june that my period began to be less than the 35-day cycle; been 10 months already. before that, it's been more than the 35-day cycle; up to 51 and even 63 days apart a few years back. so i'm worried my cycle is acting up again and going back to the old and long irregular cycle. on the other hand, i've posted my test pics on other forums and some say they do see a line which means positive. so if that could be the case, i'm just afraid my hcg is really low and slow at rising. maybe i'll give myself till end of this week and test again. if still negative and my period doesn't come, i'd head to the doctor and get a blood test.

@mrs_lim2016 thank u for ur input. throughout my tests, i've used both fmu and urine other times of the day. and it's to the point i don't even know whether i have line eyes or the line is vvvvvfl/evap/indent/shadowy. do u know if i can order blood test from the polyclinic though? i'm also a little worried my period would show anytime because it was only since last year june that my period began to be less than the 35-day cycle; been 10 months already. before that, it's been more than the 35-day cycle; up to 51 and even 63 days apart a few years back. so i'm worried my cycle is acting up again and going back to the old and long irregular cycle. on the other hand, i've posted my test pics on other forums and some say they do see a line which means positive. so if that could be the case, i'm just afraid my hcg is really low and slow at rising. maybe i'll give myself till end of this week and test again. if still negative and my period doesn't come, i'd head to the doctor and get a blood test.

You can get clearblue digital to test, it is very accurate no need to Guess the line

Polyclinic only have urine test for pregnancy, which is as good as store bought ones.

If u go to a GP, and you’re indeed not pregnant, they can give you some hormone pills to start your period.

And just to add on to previous poster’s answer, what I know is clearblue digital needs higher concentration of HCG compared to the line ones. So you may get a negative if your hcg is quite low.

mrs_lim2016 yup, just called the polyclinic and they only do urine test. i've decided to go to a gp. i just called a nearby gp and they said to wait one more week for my late period just in case she comes. and by then probably my hcg level would be higher (hopefully). and yes, i did my research on the different sensitivity levels of the different pregnancy test kits. surely clearblue does have a higher concentration of hcg hence probably it didn't detect mine if i were indeed pregnant and had very low levels of hcg then. will just have to wait it out. the waiting game is dreadful honestly.

I tested on dpo16 which show faint line on cheapo test kit, if u still tested negative , pls go for gynac to check. Gynac can do a scan for u to determine. No point going to normal gp as they will just ask u to pee on the stick, so it is quite useless

I tested on dpo16 which show faint line on cheapo test kit, if u still tested negative , pls go for gynac to check. Gynac can do a scan for u to determine. No point going to normal gp as they will just ask u to pee on the stick, so it is quite useless

Normal GP can do blood test for pregnancy, no point to do urine test at GP since it’s the same as buying from the stores.

In the meanwhile, take folic acid, avoid herbal supplements like bai foong wan, alcohol, take care of yourself as if you’re pregnant until u can confirm you’re not.

Don’t be disheartened, sometimes hcg is still low cos you ovulated late and baby implanted late. Give it some time for a more certain answer.

I have similar symptoms as you before testing using a home pregnancy kit which turns out to be negative within 5 mins. But after 2 hours I cleared the trash and I saw a faint positive line.

I went to the GP the next day to do a blood test as I do not want to second guess from the pregnancy kit again, and it turns out positive! The thing is because I was not exactly ttc I ate many things which I wasn’t supposed to before testing positive, so I am anxious now. Seeing the gynae on Tuesday for the first time...

@scarletskies wow congrats to u :) so happy for u. but can i just check again, they said that anything after the stipulated time frame should be considered negative/evap line? because if so, i've had multiple evap lines since i tested from 10 dpo and that has been frustrating. the thing is, i actually do want to go to the doctor for a blood test asap eversince seeing negatives and evaps but i'm just scared i won't be able to handle it if the blood test is negative as well. it's been so stressful and frustrating. today i'm 21 dpo and 8 days late. but so good u got ur positive, yeah :):):) all the best to u.

@scarletskies wow congrats to u :) so happy for u. but can i just check again, they said that anything after the stpulated timeframe should be considered negative/evap line? because if so, i've had multiple evap lines since i tested from 10 dpo and that has been frustrating. the thing is, i actually do want to go to the doctor for a blood test asap eversince seeing negatives and evaps but i'm just scared i won't be able to handle it if the blood test is negative as well. it's been so stressful and frustrating. today i'm 21 dpo and 8 days late. but so good u got ur positive, yeah :):):) all the best to u.
@scarletskies wow congrats to u :) so happy for u. but can i just check again, they said that anything after the stpulated timeframe should be considered negative/evap line? because if so, i've had multiple evap lines since i tested from 10 dpo and that has been frustrating. the thing is, i actually do want to go to the doctor for a blood test asap eversince seeing negatives and evaps but i'm just scared i won't be able to handle it if the blood test is negative as well. it's been so stressful and frustrating. today i'm 21 dpo and 8 days late. but so good u got ur positive, yeah :):):) all the best to u.

Thank you!
Actually when I have the second line after a few hours I did a lot of googling and there was a consensus that if the second line showed up in color (pink/blue) then some hcg was detected.. maybe in Low levels therefore it didn’t show within the timeframe. However if the second line is whitish or grey then it is an evap line. There are also many who tested negative on pregnancy kits but was actually pregnant when confirmed by blood test. Suggest you do a blood test soon, especially if your symptoms continue cause it really sounds like mine. My blood test was abit ex cause I did at CBD clinic ($48) and results out in 2 days

Good luck!

Thank you!
Actually when I have the second line after a few hours I did a lot of googling and there was a consensus that if the second line showed up in color (pink/blue) then some hcg was detected.. maybe in Low levels therefore it didn’t show within the timeframe. However if the second line is whitish or grey then it is an evap line. There are also many who tested negative on pregnancy kits but was actually pregnant when confirmed by blood test. Suggest you do a blood test soon, especially if your symptoms continue cause it really sounds like mine. My blood test was abit ex cause I did at CBD clinic ($48) and results out in 2 days

Good luck!

Understood! and thank you so much for giving me hope :') i really hope for the best. take good care of urself too.

hi ladies sorry i need ur help. just as we were talking, i'm now 8 days late and then when i went to pee, i saw blood. like as if my period was starting. but still very light. but it's red, not pink or brown. do u think that would be my period? but this morning i took 2 hpts and they were both having these very faint pink lines but i always want to believe it's evap. am i experience miscarriage or it's just period now? i'm really freaking out. should i still go to the doctor?

hi ladies sorry i need ur help. just as we were talking, i'm now 8 days late and then when i went to pee, i saw blood. like as if my period was starting. but still very light. but it's red, not pink or brown. do u think that would be my period? but this morning i took 2 hpts and they were both having these very faint pink lines but i always want to believe it's evap. am i experience miscarriage or it's just period now? i'm really freaking out. should i still go to the doctor?

I think is a chemical pregnancy. Usually it happens in the early pregnancy . I don’t think doc can do much as it is in the early stage of pregnancy but u can do blood test to compare as chemical pregnancy progression is vey slow. Hcg will double every 36 hours if it is a healthy pregnancy

I think is a chemical pregnancy. Usually it happens in the early pregnancy . I don’t think doc can do much as it is in the early stage of pregnancy but u can do blood test to compare as chemical pregnancy progression is vey slow. Hcg will double every 36 hours if it is a healthy pregnancy

thank you for explaining. i believe so. i would take it as my period as well. it has arrived. disappointed but won't give up. thanks all, for ur help throughout.

Back