~Baby Names~

~mimosa~

hi all, my friends say should starting naming the baby even before baby is born, cos by right baby can recognise mummy's voice before birth?
so u can call baby's name n talk to baby before baby is born

any suggestions for baby names?

It actually depends on how superstitious you are. My wife and I decided to name our girl based on names that we think sound sweet enough, instead of going to Chinese Masters to calculate after birth. What if the name turns out to be something that you don't like how?

For christain name both my hubby and i decided for my son before he was born. But for Chinese one, initially we had wanted to do the same, but as my hubby has a unique surname which will not be easy for us to choose names for our son on our own, we seeked a geomancer's help.

While preggy, I called baby names like Little gal, Baby, Sweetheart. I still call my DD baby, and little girl off and on. Lol.

Hi

I am also having a hard time with baby names. Any suggestions?
I am having a boy and my husband and I have shortlisted, Tristan, Mattias, and Joshua.

We like Tristan but it has a somewhat not too favorable meaning " tragic hero". Mattias and Joshua we liked too but is afraid it will be too common....hiaz....so hard

i like tristan...nice name
happy.gif

I like Tristan too, but the meaning of the name is so sad. We are comtemplating with Kaydon too. ;)

im oso looking for baby names now...EDD is 6August09 but right now toking to baby frequently oso...so i tink its better to name it first...

my husband n i very picky... mus b unique, easy to spell n has good meaning (not used by bimboss b4...haha ;)

Hi LY, for boys, i tink Troy,Hector,Arthur,Oliver,Gideon sounds nice too.

But my husband doesn't agree, i was searching for names even b4 i koe the gender...so had a list for boys n girls ready... now found out its a girl...husband dun like!!! so Choosy *headache*

My newborn baby boy is alreadly 10 days old. I have yet decided on his name.

Any suggestion what is nice and cute for baby boys?

Keep in mind to have names which reflects the correct spelling as in its pronunciation instead of having too special innovative way to spell the name.

Your child might seemed special on his/her birth cert but will have a hard time to explain/spell/tell frens/colleagues/business associates over the phone their names.

I used to be a secretary. I have experienced an american business partner asking me "what kind of name is that?" of a colleague whose name was self-thought of and not an english name. Then I ALWAYS had to spell my superior's name in alphabets to others cos her name was spelt differently from the normal way. Very troublesome. :p

Hi mummies,

Am pretty new to this forum, but I totally agree with Linda about choosing names...I think Jovan is nice, but are you going to pronounce it the Spanish way, as in "Hovan" because "J" is "H" in Spanish...

Am also having a problem with choosing Chinese names - problem is, would like to have one, but I can't read Chinese and neither can my husband! :p

Hi chiyoJade
Jovan is not as bad, cos people like me who doesnt know spanish would pronounce the J as a J. But I am refering to those names which are technically non-names, more like brands. I have ex classmates calling themselves Vuitton, Gucci. *Shake head*

...or those names which are so original that you cannot find it in a book of names at all cos it wasnt even a name to begin with.

Chinese names are pretty essential these days esp when you would wish your child to be able to expand overseas. It is def advantageous to speak and write Chinese. Get an elderly who can read/write to help you. Or select an English name first, then work out the chinese translation from there.

Javier is nice too, but like chiyo mentioned, J is pronounced as H so the right way to say it is Ha-Vi-Eir.

I like the name Siobhan but we live in Singapore so nobody is going to pronounce it the right way Shuh-Vahn. We settled on good ol fashioned Olivia

Nowadays naming our baby can be a very challenging task.

-Common oso cannot, uncommon oso cannot
sad.gif

-And the name you choose must both daddy and mummy like

-Must filter away names of relatives, friends and their kids.

I think it really depend on what the parents are comfortable and happy with.

Personally think Shawn,Jayden,Tristan,Joshua are names that are increasingly common

If u choose an uncommon name, ppl might have problem spelling/pronoucing and remembering it.

Personally I like Jordan but the meaning is 'descending' thats why decided to give it a miss.

I think choosing a name not only must be sound right but must have positive meaning cos your child is gging to carry the name for his lifetime.

To all the parents out there, happy name hunting

Hi mummies,

I am expectg twins boy. I find it hard to give names. My hubby wanna names with the same as his like Melxxx. Therefore, he names them Melden n Melvier. Any suggestions to these names?

to simplemummyjane, " 'Sunano' "

Sounds like Sumo wrestler! Sunano why not Sunami! Also, sounds like Indonesian name. You know who is the the current president of Indonesia? also ends with a "no" behind.

change a name.

ke2opi,

javier javier javier, sounds like "saviour"!

Name too holy and a fun name to be poked by his friends when he grows up.

Change a name bah.

twinmumdad,

Names not nice.

Melden Melden Melden sounds like 猫点(stingy) or 猫店(catshop)

Melvier Melvier Melvier sounds like 猫肥尔 (fatty cat)

ah_meow2, you come out with a list of names, then, the members here will suggest.

If you are no into numerology (giving names according to your child d.o.b.), then any name is alright.

Jolyon, the problem is that I cant think of any nice name that start with i leh. I only can think of Ivy, Iris, Isbelle. I want my girl's name to start with the letter cos my 1st nephew name is Aloysius while my youngest sis's girl is call Elyse. So mine shld start with I hor...(A, E, I, O, U)

ah_meow2, here you go

IANNA IANTHA IANTHE IBAN IBIS
IBTESAM ICHIGO ICHTACA ICKETT ICNOYOTL
IDA IDALEE IDALIA IDALIS IDANA
IDANIA IDE IDELLA IDEN IDOLA
IDONIA IDRA IDUIA IFAMA IFE
IGNACIA IHA IHUICATL IJLAL IKIA
IKRAM ILANA ILANDERE ILAR ILARIA
ILDRI ILIANA ILISSA ILITHYA ILIYA
ILKA ILLEANA ILLINOIS ILONA ILSE

ah meow2, here you go

ILYS ILYSSA
IMAGINE IMAGING
IMALA IMAN
IMANI IMELDA
IMOGEN IMOGENE
INA INALI
INARA INARI
INAYA INCI
INDAH INDEPENDENCE
INDIA INDIANA
INDIGO INDIRA
INDIYA INDY
INES INEZ
INFINITY INGA
INGE INGEBORG
INGRID INIABI
INNA INNIS
INOCENCIA INSULA
INTAN INTEGRA
IOKINA IOLA
IOLANA IOLANI
IOLANTHE IONA
IONE

Jolyon,

Thats alot....hahaha
Lucky you never give me the name ICE.. Cos my hubby surname is Tea...lol..

Back