Breast Augmentation

ivyteo83

Hello, I intended to go for BA but not sure which doctors to go to.
1) Dr Shens
2) Dr Ho
3) MH Plastic
4) SW1

Anybody can share more? Thank you!

Hi fellow mummies

I went Shens Clinic for a consultation and dilemma whether to go for Mentor Round Implants or Motiva Ergonomic Implants.

Mentor Round Implants | Motiva Ergonomic Implants
\Round implants | Combination of teardrop + round shape.
\Fuller at the top, softer | Gel able to flow according to body posture

Motiva Ergonomic Implants
5d052627-9f6e-4d89-ade2-9aa409dc939d.jpg

Mentor Round Implants
bc9385cc-eb7e-4f28-903c-5af005d0fece.jpg

After breastfeeding and losing the postpartum weight, my concern is the loss of volume at the top however I lead an active lifestyle and exercise daily, I need to look natural (seen ladies with high stiff top especially when they lay down).

5dbde5c1-7652-49b1-83b5-3827d96e5e37.jpg

T-Shirt Fitting in their Motiva Imaginative Centre

aa61dde9-80bf-4aa2-9482-5dd277a8e891.jpg

Dr Shens recommended me to take Motiva ERSD 320 based on my chest width which is proportionate to my arms and waist. It looks fuller on the top with the "lifting" effect so that I can look better in clothes.

However I am in a dilemma whether to take Motiva Ergonomic or Round implants. Any mummies has similar experience to share? Like to seek more opinions before I decide on the type of implants.

Similar thread here too

https://singaporemotherhood.com/for...s-or-dr-colin-tham.208187/page-3#post-8696961

Hi ladies

Just an update, I've gone for my eyebag removal!

Scarless Eyebag Removal

Everybody is born with fats under our lower eyelids and some are born with bigger bags due to genetic factors and as we age.

Bags under the eyes can affect adults in their 20’s and I have always been very bothered by the obvious bulge under my lower eyelids.

It got worse after sleepless night under the lights and I can’t even conceal with makeup and concealer.

My aunt actually get her eyebag removed by Dr Shens with her lower eyelid skin tightened years ago.

Dr Shens confirmed that I have grade 2 eyebags. After much consideration, I decided to fix an appointment date for the surgery as I do not want it to deteriorate to grade 3 eyebags.

Before the surgery & Day 3

eyebag.png

20mins procedure

The procedure is very fast and it takes less than 20mins. What I did is a procedure known as the “scarless eyebag removal”, dr will just pull down the lower eyelid, extract the fats from the inner eyelid and stop bleeding via laser.

The downtime

I can resume work the next day with little bruising and swelling,

My 1st week review and result

eyebag3.png

The fats that cause the bulge

fats.png

No more eyebag! It is really a fast and simple procedure. Big thanks to the mummy who has been sharing info to me!

Last edited:
Hi ladies, i am considering fats grafting to breast with Dr Tan from SW1 but not sure if they accept payment by installments? Thinking either Dr Shens or Dr Tan.

Hello ladies...

I chance upon this BA forum after I started goggling for recommended doctor & what type of implants is better, and I’m so glad to say, thru this forum, I did my BA (Motiva) with Dr Tan YC from SW1..!

I’ve finally done my BA after contemplating for so Long, I’m now exactly 1 week after BA. Went back for reviews today, and everything was perfect! Thank u ladies for the reviews & comments, no regrets with Dr Tan, he’s Super professional, patience & details in explaining..! In love with my new boobs..!

Hi guys, I would like to share my experience since this forum has helped me a lot in my journey.

Based on what I’ve read here, I decided to consult Dr Tan YC from SW1 for Breast Augmentation and never looked back since.

He was exactly what the ladies have described here, genuine, honest, caring, and what I truly think made him a class above the rest of the PS I’ve consulted on is, he really cares about what you want to achieve and what is realistically possible from the surgery, so he looks at what your problem areas are, what results you want to achieve, and thinks of all possible solutions and takes his time explaining to you each process and outcome. He understands each individual is different and explains to me why he recommends a certain size and procedure as compared to others.

It’s been a year since I’ve had the BA surgery and the outcome is even better than I’ve expected. Not only is my saggy breasts from breastfeeding much more perky and lifted now, it also looks natural. I remember Dr Tan always reminding me that it’s important to look natural and not just go big to lift up breasts and I’m glad to have followed his advice.

And what makes the experience even more wonderful is, he remains as committed even during the post-care. Every post review session that i’ve gone to, he is patient and shows the same attitude to prior the surgery. He will recommend the right bra and activities during the recovery period to ensure the scar recovers well and ensure you get the best results from the BA.

SW1 truly has a good team of nurses. Phyllis has been outstanding, making me feel really comfortable and assured. She’s just a whatsapp away whenever I have questions. I truly am blessed to meet this team. Hopefully this will help all of you who are considering BA as I know there’s so many things to consider before making this decision.

I went to Dr YC Tan at SW 1 and so glad I did!! I highly recommend him to anyone considering BA.
I did mine slightly more than a year ago. He was my choice as my best friend also had the surgery with him a few years back and I’ve seen the wonderful results as well as heard first hand abt the consultation, surgery and recovery experience with SW1 and Dr Tan. (She consulted with a few other surgeons before deciding to go with Dr Tan.)
Dr Tan is perfect for me because:
- he’s very clear and accurate in outlining the recovery process and what to expect. And I’m someone who much prefers candour to sugar coated words
- my boobs now look v natural yet of an enviable size ie. Big but not obscene. And I think creating this natural beautiful look really takes skills and not all surgeons can achieve such results.
- Dr Tan is great in recommending the right size for me. I had contemplated a different size during consultation (smaller) but am so glad i had followed his recommendation
- I’m a stickler for time and am pleased to share that I never needed to wait much whenever I return for my appt.
- dr Tan is also very willing to answer any other plastic surgery questions I may have that are not breasts related and doesn’t try to sell me other procedures.
So if you are contemplating BA - I would say go for the best surgeon and just do it - it would be one of the best gifts you can ever give yourself! :)

Hi mummies, I would like to share my experience with Dr Tan Ying Chien from SW1 Clinic. Actually this review is way overdue as I did fat transfer from abdomen and waist to breast and lipo for armpit fats in Feb this year. I also did removal of eye bags in Feb. I’m in my 30s, mother of 2. Both I did c sec and I bf my older one til 2yo. I have a very flabby tummy, a big muffin top above my c sec scar and saggy breast after breastfeeding. C drop to B. Dr Tan said that I am the perfect candidate for fat transfer as it solves 2 problems at once. It is also more cost effective and alot less down time compared to a tummy tuck. I paid about all in 18k for the fat transfer and lipo for armpits. Very reasonable and value for money. But that’s not the best part. Dr Tan is really the best doctor I have ever met. He is reassuring, chatty, funny, understanding, honest, consistent, professional, takes pride in his work and a perfectionist. When you speak to him, instantly he is relatable, relevant and you form a connection with him. If you are still searching for a surgeon, do shortlist Dr Tan, meet him once and you will know what I mean.

I’m happy and satisfied with the results right now after 6 months from the fat transfer surgery. My husband is also happy with the drastic results. All my friends and colleagues have mentioned that I lost weight and looked sharper. The surgery was painless, you sleep and wake up to a new and improved you. The best version of yourself, in SW1 words. Recovery was very manageable as there was no sharp pain, just feels very achy everywhere like you did intensive workout non stop for 10hrs the day before. By a week, everything feels almost back to normal. My boobs are now D and feels v soft as it is my own stubborn fats that refuse to go away.

I am also extremely happy with my eye bags removal as I have always wanted it since 16 yo. I don’t have to meitu/ photoshop any of my photos or selfies anymore! How awesome is that! Haha!
And I look 5 years younger too!
No scaring visible as the fats was removed from inside the lower lid. Paid about $4.5k all in. Recovery was the usual swelling with slight redness of skin and slightly sore feeling. Majority of the swelling goes away after 2 weeks. I was so nervous when I was in surgery as you have to be awake under mild sedation. I have low tolerance for pain and I’m scared easily. I kept whining ouch loudly when it was not that painful actually thinking back. It was all in my own head. But Dr Tan is always so calming and super patient. He said “it’s ok my wife also say ouch a lot when I do Botox for her”.
I wasn’t so nervous anymore when he chatted with me and played songs on Spotify during surgery.

A shout out to the nurses at SW1 too, esp Phyllis! They are all super nice and pretty too! They are so dedicated, you can ask them stupid questions and they will patiently explain the details to you. They are all extremely sincere. Best of all is they have a watsapp number for all their patients so they are literally there for you almost 24/7 where you can text any qn and voice any concerns.

I can go on and on about how fantastic Dr Tan and his nurses are. I might be doing more procedures maybe next year after I’ve saved up enough. After all, the only limits that exist are the ones in our minds.. in SW1 words : D

Last edited:
Hello all!

It has been 8 weeks since my BA surgery at SW1 and wanted to contribute my thoughts since this is where I discover Dr Tan Ying Chien.

I did my double eyelid procedure in Taipei earlier this year and had such a holistic experience hence had even higher expectations of BA in sg. To put things in perspective, I was more worried than excited of doing my BA as this was a surgery with insertion of foreign objects i.e the implants.. with the limited information I found online I was very worried:
  1. about the initial downtime
  2. surgery and side effects of anaesthesia. When I was sedated for my double eyelid procedure, a simple 20mins stitching procedure took me more than two hours for the anaesthetic to wear off
  3. tightness/ pain around the chest and achieving the natural look since I have a very narrow upper body, my skin is very tight so it might take much longer for the skin to stretch/ implants to settle
There were plenty of thoughts to mentally prepare myself on the possible pain.

It was difficult to find info online on BA in sg and grateful I found some info on motherhood.. which I made the decision to go for Motiva implants and shortlisted Dr Tan from SW1. I usually trusted a lot on my instincts with cosmetics procedures. I booked a consultation with Dr Tan and he was the only doctor I made a consultation with. I remembered vividly the first question he asked, “What made you decide to do this surgery?”. A simple question but it meant so much. He asked about my preference and did a 3D imaging scan to shortlist the most suitable size based on my body shape. He allocated ample of time for me during the consultation; very thorough, assuring and easy to speak to which made me felt very much at ease. His professionalism and patience speak and that to me are the most important criteria when it comes to picking the right surgeon and of course the assistants must be able to provide top notch service as well. It is all part of the experience knowing that you would be in good hands.

I booked my surgery on the morning of 17th Jul 20, boy I was nervous and excited. I was advised by Dr Tan to be accompanied by someone and was very thankful that my girlfriend volunteered. We went in at 8+am to fill up all the necessary, met with Dr Tan and had more chats before he did the markings on my body and I was ready for the surgery! Told my gf to pick me up at about 2pm as the surgery would take about 2 hours and the doctor expected I need at least another 2 hours to rest.

Apart from a skilful surgeon, I must say having a good anaesthetist is just as critical. When I was lying on the surgery bed, the anaesthetist together with Dr Tan made friendly chats with me to be sure I was not nervous. I was feeling really good as I was on the surgery bed four months ago for my eyes so that all felt familiar, moments later I was down. I woke up about 1.5 hours later and was thrilled to know that it was a successful surgery! I remembered Dr Tan saying the inframammary incisions were very small as he managed to use a suction, no excessive bleeding (I bruise easily) and it was a very smooth and short surgery!

Then they pushed me to a room and I rested for a short while, looked at my boobs for the first time and felt all elated hehe. I was awake throughout and they asked if I needed my phone to call my gf, I was like sure as it seemed like I was getting very lucid! I called my gf and told her that the surgery had ended and she could come pick me anytime as I didn’t feel any drowsiness. That was only 11.30am, I entered the surgery room at about 9.50am?

I couldn’t rest anymore and stayed awake throughout. The assistants kept checking on me to make sure I was resting/ ok and Dr Tan was surprise that I didn’t even have any “hangover” feeling. I forewarned him that I get bruises very easily so they had taken extra care on my medications prior and during surgery. The anaesthetist had a patch on my forehead to observe my “sedation” pattern and i believe that gave him very good control on the amount of anaesthetic which allowed me to get out of it quickly! :)

The assistants, Phyllis in particular, are extremely caring towards me which makes me feel very well taken care of. The service of these people matter as they are always by your side. I asked if it’s ok I go down for a quick bite, she said it’s ok but advised I go home soon to rest. My gf came and we went down for lunch and was well enough to do some shopping for two hours before we head home. My gf was so worried I was overexerting myself but I really didn’t feel any pain! Dr Tan had extra jabs on each of my boobs for pain management and that really helped me through the whole of the first day. I had dinner with my family and they couldn’t tell I have gone through a surgery.

I felt the most pain on the second day. I could still hold the frying pan and cooked some stir fry for dinner but had difficulties turning my body 90 degree or leaning back. I walked around the house a lot but refrained from lifting my arms to carry any objects. I also diligently took the antibiotics and arcoxia throughout the five days. It was surprisingly all manageable and there were no sign of bruise. By the 4th day I could turn my body fairly easily and wfh, by the 6th day I was able to resume normal activities except strenuous ones.

I did not expect the recovery to be such a breeze, the actual downtime was the second and third day. The boobs look so natural just after a week of surgery! If I did not say, you would not have been able to tell.

I have a very narrow upper body, 163cm and 52kg.
Implants: 300cc Motiva ergonomix (teardrop shape)
Insertion: under the muscles
Before surgery: 32A
After surgery: 32C/D
Bust: 32inch
Underbust: 27inch
Scars: about 3-3.5cm, fading well
Clothes size: I used to fit perfectly into Love Bonito’s XS top and now S fits better

It has been two months and they have settled really well and proportionate to my body. Dr Tan advised I do not go too big as my waist and arms are very small, any significant change might be too much and I was worried that I would look too vulgar. He also mentioned if I needed an extra boost I can always put on some push ups, which all makes sense! Now I am happy I can confidently wear unlined lingerie and not have to worry I can’t fit well into some clothes.

I have been going to Dr Tan for follow up every two to three weeks and he continues to provide advice and patience. I really appreciate that he values your time just as much as I value his. Some doctors just manage their time very poorly even when you have appointments with them.

If you ask me if I have regretted not doing this earlier, I would say no? Because the implants from previous generations felt nothing like Motiva.

The worry/ pain I had imagined was uncalled for, I really hope we have more of such information online. I am really grateful to the SW1 team for making this whole process such a pleasant one. It is afterall a surgery and you want to make sure you are in the best hands.

I hope the above helps :)

EF29A528-A0FA-4E65-B766-BD6D2EB12461.jpeg

The day before surgery vs 8 weeks post op
Victoria Secret 32D with no padding

B30441E4-5080-4E1D-B09B-B2E8A1369430.jpeg

Attire I wore to surgery and 8 weeks post op
Uniqlo bra top

B1E19598-356F-46B3-B63D-0D83DEC1BEFB.jpeg

8 weeks post op, in Victoria Secret 32D no padding

6E87B2CF-AFF9-452B-95D7-978130ACAB8C.jpeg

8 weeks post op, about 3-3.5cm each

Last edited:
Hello ladies...

I chance upon this BA forum after I started goggling for recommended doctor & what type of implants is better, and I’m so glad to say, thru this forum, I did my BA (Motiva) with Dr Tan YC from SW1..!

I’ve finally done my BA after contemplating for so Long, I’m now exactly 1 week after BA. Went back for reviews today, and everything was perfect! Thank u ladies for the reviews & comments, no regrets with Dr Tan, he’s Super professional, patience & details in explaining..! In love with my new boobs..!
Hi! Can I ask what cc did you get and was it Motiva? What's the cost? Thank you!!

Hello all!

It has been 8 weeks since my BA surgery at SW1 and wanted to contribute my thoughts since this is where I discover Dr Tan Ying Chien.

I did my double eyelid procedure in Taipei earlier this year and had such a holistic experience hence had even higher expectations of BA in sg. To put things in perspective, I was more worried than excited of doing my BA as this was a surgery with insertion of foreign objects i.e the implants.. with the limited information I found online I was very worried:
  2. surgery and side effects of anaesthesia. When I was sedated for my double eyelid procedure, a simple 20mins stitching procedure took me more than two hours for the anaesthetic to wear off
  3. tightness/ pain around the chest and achieving the natural look since I have a very narrow upper body, my skin is very tight so it might take much longer for the skin to stretch/ implants to settle

It was difficult to find info online on BA in sg and grateful I found some info on motherhood.. which I made the decision to go for Motiva implants and shortlisted Dr Tan from SW1. I usually trusted a lot on my instincts with cosmetics procedures. I booked a consultation with Dr Tan and he was the only doctor I made a consultation with. I remembered vividly the first question he asked, “What made you decide to do this surgery?”. A simple question but it meant so much. He asked about my preference and did a 3D imaging scan to shortlist the most suitable size based on my body shape. He allocated ample of time for me during the consultation; very thorough, assuring and easy to speak to which made me felt very much at ease. His professionalism and patience speak and that to me are the most important criteria when it comes to picking the right surgeon and of course the assistants must be able to provide top notch service as well. It is all part of the experience knowing that you would be in good hands.

I booked my surgery on the morning of 17th Jul 20, boy I was nervous and excited. I was advised by Dr Tan to be accompanied by someone and was very thankful that my girlfriend volunteered. We went in at 8+am to fill up all the necessary, met with Dr Tan and had more chats before he did the markings on my body and I was ready for the surgery! Told my gf to pick me up at about 2pm as the surgery would take about 2 hours and the doctor expected I need at least another 2 hours to rest.

Apart from a skilful surgeon, I must say having a good anaesthetist is just as critical. When I was lying on the surgery bed, the anaesthetist together with Dr Tan made friendly chats with me to be sure I was not nervous. I was feeling really good as I was on the surgery bed four months ago for my eyes so that all felt familiar, moments later I was down. I woke up about 1.5 hours later and was thrilled to know that it was a successful surgery! I remembered Dr Tan saying the inframammary incisions were very small as he managed to use a suction, no excessive bleeding (I bruise easily) and it was a very smooth and short surgery!

Then they pushed me to a room and I rested for a short while, looked at my boobs for the first time and felt all elated hehe. I was awake throughout and they asked if I needed my phone to call my gf, I was like sure as it seemed like I was getting very lucid! I called my gf and told her that the surgery had ended and she could come pick me anytime as I didn’t feel any drowsiness. That was only 11.30am, I entered the surgery room at about 9.50am?

I couldn’t rest anymore and stayed awake throughout. The assistants kept checking on me to make sure I was resting/ ok and Dr Tan was surprise that I didn’t even have any “hangover” feeling. I forewarned him that I get bruises very easily so they had taken extra care on my medications prior and during surgery. The anaesthetist had a patch on my forehead to observe my “sedation” pattern and i believe that gave him very good control on the amount of anaesthetic which allowed me to get out of it quickly! :)

The assistants, Phyllis in particular, are extremely caring towards me which makes me feel very well taken care of. The service of these people matter as they are always by your side. I asked if it’s ok I go down for a quick bite, she said it’s ok but advised I go home soon to rest. My gf came and we went down for lunch and was well enough to do some shopping for two hours before we head home. My gf was so worried I was overexerting myself but I really didn’t feel any pain! Dr Tan had extra jabs on each of my boobs for pain management and that really helped me through the whole of the first day. I had dinner with my family and they couldn’t tell I have gone through a surgery.

I felt the most pain on the second day. I could still hold the frying pan and cooked some stir fry for dinner but had difficulties turning my body 90 degree or leaning back. I walked around the house a lot but refrained from lifting my arms to carry any objects. I also diligently took the antibiotics and arcoxia throughout the five days. It was surprisingly all manageable and there were no sign of bruise. By the 4th day I could turn my body fairly easily and wfh, by the 6th day I was able to resume normal activities except strenuous ones.

I did not expect the recovery to be such a breeze, the actual downtime was the second and third day. The boobs look so natural just after a week of surgery! If I did not say, you would not have been able to tell.

Clothes size: I used to fit perfectly into Love Bonito’s XS top and now S fits better

It has been two months and they have settled really well and proportionate to my body. Dr Tan advised I do not go too big as my waist and arms are very small, any significant change might be too much and I was worried that I would look too vulgar. He also mentioned if I needed an extra boost I can always put on some push ups, which all makes sense! Now I am happy I can confidently wear unlined lingerie and not have to worry I can’t fit well into some clothes.

I have been going to Dr Tan for follow up every two to three weeks and he continues to provide advice and patience. I really appreciate that he values your time just as much as I value his. Some doctors just manage their time very poorly even when you have appointments with them.

If you ask me if I have regretted not doing this earlier, I would say no? Because the implants from previous generations felt nothing like Motiva.

The worry/ pain I had imagined was uncalled for, I really hope we have more of such information online. I am really grateful to the SW1 team for making this whole process such a pleasant one. It is afterall a surgery and you want to make sure you are in the best hands.

View attachment 723502

View attachment 723503
Uniqlo bra top

View attachment 723505

View attachment 723506
Your results are great! Can I ask how much did you spend? Not much recent posts on the web!

Your results are great! Can I ask how much did you spend? Not much recent posts on the web!
Hi there, it’s about $12k subj to gst. the quoted rate is all in - i didn’t have to pay for any extra medications, surgery, anaesthesia, post consultation fees. that really gives me a peace of mind as i don’t have to wonder how much each visit would cost. but would suggest you check the rates with the clinic itself, they are usually very upfront. good luck to you! :)

Several years ago I did my first BA with XXX aesthetic clinic. Results were not desirable. When I went back for review, the doctor and nurses tried to convince me that it did not turn out as expected because of my pre-surgery condition. Over the years, I have learnt to accept it. Recently after I have my twin babies, I contemplated to have another BA done, thus I went online and did some research. I chanced upon Dr Tan Ying Chien from SW1. Initially I was very sceptical because I did not have a very pleasant experience with the previous surgeon. However I am so thankful that I took the step to make an appointment with him. I had my surgery done recently and the result is exactly what I yearned for. Even though my issue was knotted, Dr Tan manage to untie the knot and recreate the end results that meets my expectation. I would say he has done an awesome job! Therefore I would like to spread his good name and works. Thank you Dr Tan, and not forgetting his great team of lovely nurses too! =)

Hi,
I am in my early 30s, never had children, and had breast fat transfer and facial fat transfer at SW1 with Dr. Tan Ying Chien. I am sharing my experiences for those who might be interested in this procedure. As I probably will not check back on this forum often, I am leaving as comprehensive a review as I can. For reference, fat was transferred from my tummy, love handles and back to my breasts, forehead and undereye hollows.
I did a lot of research on breast fat transfer beforehand. Unlike implants, where you can go to your ideal size in one surgery, I understand that on average, you can only go up about 1 cup size per round of fat transfer. This is because the fat must find a blood supply to survive. If too much is transferred at one go, then the fat will die and get re-absorbed, or, worse, form large calcified lumps inside the breast. Surgeon skill does have an impact on these results, since the appropriate amount of fat must be removed, processed, and injected very meticulously to maximize their chances of survival.
I chose to consult with Dr. Tan because, firstly, he’s a licensed and experienced plastic surgeon. I did ask about pricing before my initial consult. Although there were cheaper options both locally and abroad, I saw that in some of the overseas clinics, surgeries are performed by GPs, and I preferred to go to a plastic surgeon to get mine done. I believe that Dr. Tan is priced competitively for his qualification and experience level.
Further, from my research, I saw that Dr. Tan is experienced with doing breast work, and this turned out to be important for me since he was about to correct the asymmetry in my breasts in a way that was aesthetically pleasing. For me, one breast was noticeably smaller and less round, so Dr. Tan had to be creative in injecting the fat in different areas of the breast to not only increase its volume but to improve the shape.
During my initial consult, Dr. Tan was candid about his track record for this surgery (results achieved, what percentage of fat on average ‘took’ for most of his patients). Since I said outright that I would not consider implants, we only talked about fat transfer. He checked to see if I had enough fat to do the surgery in the first place (I appear quite slim), asked where I would prefer to have fat removed, checked my skin laxity etc., then advised me that he felt I would be a good candidate for the procedure. He did not hard sell me anything and only offered me solutions in direct response to my aesthetic concerns.
Since I was doing breast fat transfer, which happens under General Anesthesia, I decided to also ask about transferring some fat to my face during the same surgery. With regards to facial rejuvenation, Dr. Tan was able to advise me on more options than another aesthetic doctor that I have consulted with in the past. Although the other doctor was also quite good, as a GP, he had a more limited number of options (mostly just artificial fillers/botox/laser), so I think that this is another upside to consulting an actual plastic surgeon – they have a larger array of options to offer, and can talk about their personal experiences with regards to the success of the more creative options. The downside is that Dr. Tan has a waitlist for surgery, so I had to wait around 2 months to schedule my actual surgery.
Dr. Tan did 6 months of checkups with me. Although I could walk immediately after the surgery, and resume normal activities very soon after, full recovery from all the bruising and swelling associated with liposuction actually takes 6 months. During this time, I was free to text Dr. Tan’s assistant, Phyllis, with any questions, and she would check these with him immediately to alleviate any concerns in a very expedient manner. I don’t think that I could have had the comfort of this level of post-surgery care had I gone overseas to do this (assuming air travel post-Covid resumes, of course).
I am now approximately 1 year post surgery. My breasts are 3 inches larger, and my waist is 1 inch smaller. My breasts look symmetrical. I can wear bikinis with confidence. I don’t bother with my push up bras anymore. I can’t fit into them anyway.
Due to swelling, breast size is very large immediately post-surgery, then starts to go down with time. I think that mine stabilized within 3 months post surgery.
A well fitted bra for me now is a 70D. Before, I used to be about 70B. That said, do note that a 70D is not so large since it is a small band (Maybe comparable to a 75B). As I am overall quite slim, it would never have been possible for me to go very large with fat transfer, as I don’t have that much fat anyway. That said, the size difference is significant and apparent on my frame. Whilst I was very bottom heavy with a pear shape before, the surgery has helped to balance out my figure.
I did experience weight fluctuation post-surgery as I started exercising a lot. That said, every time I lose or gain an inch on my waist, I also lose and gain an inch on my breasts, so that my overall shape post- surgery is still improved at every weight.
Before:
Waist: 69cm / 27inches
Chest: 74cm / 29inches
1 Year Post Surgery (in conjunction with small weight loss)
Waist: 66cm / 26inches
Chest: 81cm / 32inches
Regarding the facial fat transfer, I transferred some fat to my undereye hollows and forehead. The fat has remained. As a pleasant side effect, my crows feet that had started to appear actually diminished significantly. Dr. Tan only told me post-surgery that this sometimes happens, due to the stem cells inside the transferred fat. The lessening of the crows feet was actually quite significant. I used to botox that area but now I don’t have to.
Post Surgery:
There was a lot of bruising from the liposuction, as was to be expected. The bruises faded quite quickly for me. There is some discoloration from the insertion points of the liposuction and fat transfer. The ones on my face faded very quickly (as they were small to start with), the ones on my body have faded over time. Post liposuction, you have to wear a compression garment for a few weeks to help with the healing.
If I press my undereye area, I can feel some slight small lumps under the transferred fat there. Dr. Tan says that this is scar tissue, as sometimes happens. The undereye area is quite delicate. Nonetheless, the lumps are quite small and harmless. It is not visible at all, nor do I notice it unless I press hard on the area to feel if its still there. Versus hollow under-eyes, I would still have done the fat transfer here.
The main side effects I was concerned about were lumps in my breasts and loss of fat volume from the dying fat cells. I experienced no lumps in my breasts and no loss of fat volume after the initial 3 month mark.
Overall, I will say that the bruising and other discomforts are quite trivial as compared to the result. Facially, my friends say I look younger even though they can’t pinpoint why. And, my breasts are visibly bigger, fuller, and rounder with nicer cleavage. I only wish I had done this when I was younger. As it is my own fat, I do feel that the result is very natural.
Results are dependent on both the doctor’s skill and the patient’s physiology as well. For example, I am keen to do the surgery again, but Dr. Tan has advised me that since I am slimmer now, I will probably not see as much an improvement in volume as before. Nonetheless, the size increase that he told me was achievable seems meaningful to me, so I have decided to schedule myself in for another round. I am doing this again with Dr. Tan as I was very happy with the first round of results, and I trust that he will give me the best result possible.

I had went to several local doctors for consultations and I'm glad that I chose SW1's Dr Tan YC as my surgeon. It has been 4 months since I did my breast augmentation with Dr Tan. Dr Tan and his team, especially assistant Amber, has been incredibly friendly and helpful throughout this journey. Due to my past complications, there were hiccups during the recovery but Dr Tan was very encouraging and guided me through. I would definitely recommend Sw1 if you are looking for a place where you want to look good and feel comfortable!

Hi, I would like to share with you my experience with SW1 Clinic.

After 3 pregnancies and breastfeeding, my breast can’t return to the way they were before. I went to Dr Chia Hui Ling as she is one of the few female plastic surgeons practising here in Singapore, I knew that I would be in good hands and I wasn’t disappointed when I met up with her during my first consultation. It was during this time that she clearly explained all the details and information about the procedures and also responded to all my queries and concerns with professionalism.

At the end of my consultation with her, I am glad that I have made the right choice and this was further confirmed as it has been 3 months since my surgery (breast lift & Motiva implant) and during this whole recovery process, the results are so natural and I am so pleased with making the right decision to go with Dr Chia and her team.

Dr. Tan was the first and only doctor I went to for BA consult and I went with my gut feelings that he was the one for me! On onset,he went through meticulously the details of the operation, the recovery stage and assured me I’d be up and running by 3rd day post op. I have low threshold pain and my friends can attest to that but the by the third day I don’t feel much except my chest was tight which was expected! The 3D scan was amazing and my boobs turned out the way the scan was. As I am small frame, Dr. Tan gave his recommendations that I should keep it natural (which is also what I had in mind). I’m into my second mth now and my stiches are healing nicely. I had one of the smallest cut which is about 2.5cm! The nurses are very supportive and friendly especially Phyllis!

This BA is one of the best decisions I have made in life. My only regret was I should have done it earlier! I will 100% recommend Dr. Tan. Thank you Dr. Tan!

My friend just did her breast implants with Dr Shens, in fact our whole group of around 5-6 did our BI with him.
Hers was done like a few months ago and she’s happy to share her experience for the ladies to choose the right and desired size.

Most women will go for a ideal C cup

breast_img_03.jpg

• For a natural teardrop look with a finger gap in between (to fill up loss of volume from the chest bone which might be caused by the loss of fat due to breast feeding)

My friend choose a C, the main reason is to achieve the proportional S shape figure and without the hassle of wearing a strapless bra

She is very active in sports so she want to choose a implant that looks natural with fast recovery.

Dr Shens choose a ERSD355 that suits her chest width that will achieve a C.

The procedure is a short 45mins surgery, and with the additional nerve block by the experienced anesthetist, she can lift her arms right up after the surgery.

She described the pain scale like 3/10 and at night she can even perform simple tasks.

Day 1 of surgery – Able to lift both arms with pain scale of 3/10.
Day 2 post surgery – Able to resume normal activities
Day 14 post surgery – Able to resume sport activities
Overall experience:
Fast recovery / comfortable
Hassle free
Natural
Short incision scar of 2.5cm

The C cup that looks natural and of the right size that suits her body frame and to be able to workout effectively.

Ah Sao 1.jpg

Ah Sao 2.jpg

Attachments

• Ah sao 3.jpg
    Ah sao 3.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 391
Hello all!

View attachment 723502

View attachment 723503
Uniqlo bra top

View attachment 723505

View attachment 723506
Thks for detailing ur experience! v useful info, esp photos :) the scars still look very dark red and irregular at 8 weeks, I guess it gets better over time??! :oops:

Hi Everyone,
It has been 4 months since I've done my breast augmentation with Dr Tan Ying Chien from SW1 Clinic. I've never regretted this decision. He was very detailed and professional right from the first consultation visit even till now when am back for all my follow up reviews. Also special thanks to his medical assistant team, especially Phyllis who went extra mile by taking non-stop care of me like a friend (which I appreciate a lot, cos that helps to soothe me) and ensuring me that I'm not anxious. I would highly recommend Dr YC Tan as a plastic surgeon for anyone who would like to see a positive change in yourself

This review is based on my true story and honest comments. I felt I had to write this to give justice to the clinic I visited.
Clinic: SW1 at Orchard Paragon

I have oversized breasts. Couldn’t fit into clothes with proper sizing nor find suitable bra sold in Singapore. Had to ship in from American / European countries. And even so, my bra straps were actually impinged onto my shoulders due to the weight.
I had been suffering from neck pain and a hunched posture for years.
I couldn’t exercise much without feeling tensed upper back instead of feeling relaxed as most people proclaimed. I decided to then see a Dr who pointed that the symptoms I had were due to my oversized breasts.

Breasts weren’t proportionate to my body although I am not small sized to begin with. Anyway, the only way to resolve was to undergo a bilateral breast reduction surgery with lift. And as far as I was concerned, surgery like these were very costly. I was also very worried about returning to function and work after less than a week. Dr Chia reassured me that pain is in fact minimal. As for cost, insurance may help. And so I went ahead and planned for my op!
Op day was a breeze – no kidding!

Dr Chia Hui Ling and Team were so professional and gentle. The anesthetist too! Explained in detail every single step that would be happening (not that I would know since I would be sedated throughout). When I woke up, I was already in a silicone tape and post op bra. How beautiful!!! I felt renewed! Really! Recovery was smooth too. Some little expected sensations but otherwise good. 3 months down, I’ve started exercising. Have never really been able to fit into a good sports bra and never jogged (hated it). CHEERS TO WORK TO IMPROVE HEALTH and OVERALL WELL BEING !!!!!!

Time for me to leave a long overdue review for Dr Tan Ying Chien of SW1.
I'm in my early 40s, with 2 kids. Breasts deflated even more after having my 2nd.
I have been thinking about doing something about it and finally found the courage to book a consultation with a plastic surgeon.
Made appointments with a few clinics but went to SW1 1st. Straight after the consultation with Dr Tan, I feel so comfortable with that I cancelled all the other appointments.
The clinic's interior is chic and private.
Dr Tan's professional, straight to the point and understands what i have in mind. The nurses were very helpful and also very assuring.
The 3D imaging really helped me (and my husband) visualize what will I look like after the surgery.
The entire journey from the moment I booked, to today have been nothing but positive.
If anyone is looking for their next makeover, i will strongly recommend Dr Tan

Hi, I've also did my BA not too long ago. Looking for suitable bra to wear after I've stopped the surgical bra. Any recommendation where to buy?

Dr Chia Hui Ling from SW1

I was considering fat transfer surgery from tummy and thigh to breast and first found out about Dr Chia as she was one of the few female plastic surgeons in Singapore.

During the first session, Dr Chia put me at ease as she not only listen and advice but was also able to understand some of my concerns that I did not manage to articulate as I do not fully know what are the options. On the day itself, I was very at ease as I knew that I’m in very good hands ... with Dr Chia and her team. Recovery was also comfortable with the scheduled checks and the prompt reply by the surgery team to any questions that I have.

Thereafter. I started my laser treatment with Dr Chia to get rid of redness and reduce the pore size of my face.Results are very good too and my face condition has improved so much. I then also considered going for the 2nd fat transfer for another part (my knees) and also to touch up a bit of the tummy. Dr Chia gave a good discount for that and combined with the thermage to firm up the treated areas, I’m very happy with the results .

For those who are considering fat transfer or laser, look for Dr. Chia and team and you will definitely be glad that you did .

I would recommend Dr Colin Tham to anyone wanting to get a boob job. He's someone who understands both needs and wants of his patients. In my case, he did not hard sell and instead recommended a procedure (fat transfer) that I was 100% comfortable with. The results are great too, very natural.

Hi Everyone,
It has been 4 months since I've done my breast augmentation with Dr Tan Ying Chien from SW1 Clinic. I've never regretted this decision. He was very detailed and professional right from the first consultation visit even till now when am back for all my follow up reviews. Also special thanks to his medical assistant team, especially Phyllis who went extra mile by taking non-stop care of me like a friend (which I appreciate a lot, cos that helps to soothe me) and ensuring me that I'm not anxious. I would highly recommend Dr YC Tan as a plastic surgeon for anyone who would like to see a positive change in yourself

Hi, I am also a patient of Dr Tan YC...I did both breast augmentation and eyebag removal with fat grafting with him.
I chanced upon SW1 while doing my research for these two most disturbing problems at this juncture of my life. After birth, with lost of collagen and body fats, my breast size has shrunk to be almost nothing. The feeling was bad and disturbing. It's a feeling that I did not dare to share with anyone. Eyebag was more about the lack of sleep and poor circulation of blood due to aging.
When I first met Dr Tan, I didn think too much as I wanted to find out more and was thinking to consider again after. I have read a lot of good reviews about Dr Tan from all sources. Somehow I was impressed that the clinic has little or no advertisement.
The first time meeting Dr Tan was reassuring and he is a very straight forward person. Talking to him made me feel that these two most disturbing problems are just a small part in life which can be solved easily. He explained very thoroughly what he will do if I decide to go ahead. He also shared the different situations and cases he went through and also how common these problems are. Somehow he has given me the confidence to go ahead just after that meeting. His staffs are all very patient and nice people. They are also very caring and reassuring.
I am now done with both the surgeries and have no regrets even though I am still going through the recovery period. Dr Tan and his crew has been seeing me and answering my endless questions promptly and patiently. I am grateful to them and if there's anybody out there that is considering such enhancement in life. Dr Tan and team will still be my first choice if I were to choose again.

Hello all!

View attachment 723502

View attachment 723503
Uniqlo bra top

View attachment 723505

View attachment 723506

Hi,
Before the surgery, did Dr give some choices? My height and weight is about the same as you.
Dr gave me 2 choices: 320cc or 375cc. I could not make the decision.
he says 320 will become B and 375 will become C.
I’m still in a delima which one to choose

I've never regretted my decision to choose Dr Leo Kah Woon to perform my breast augmentation. I really love the result. I've never encountered any problems, even in the recovery period. If you want to know more about the procedure done to me, I can share it with you.

Back