Should I change my helper?

Jel1992

I have a domestic helper from Myanmar and she's been with me for nearly 6 months. She has improved alot since the very day she came and have been doing a very good housekeeping job. However she has been badmouthing about my parents in law to any helpers she see whenever we went house-visiting. How we know? Because their employers are all our relatives. Few days ago, she was found out to badmouth about me(according to my parents-in-laws which might not be true as they might misunderstand her) to my parents-in-laws and vice versa. I was not angry with her but my parents-in-laws were,resulting in a heat argument. So now, I'm wondering if I should change her?

So far beside her badmouthing, is she consider ok to you?
If ok, then I suggest to talk to her, and give her some warning about badmouthing.
If she still continue, then you can consider changing her

Actually a lot of helpers badmouth about their employers to other helpers. It’s common just that not all employers know. I guess yours still quite dumb cuz she don’t know who to correctly badmouth to. You should talk to her, maybe she is a “blabbermouth” that’s all, this kind of personality take time to teach just like some those “aunties” from the market. lol

@Eppy @DonLee @Stansy Hi all, ya I spoke to her le and she did it quite a few times. I told her it's not easy for her to come here and if she got send back because of this, not worth it. So she apologized to my parents-in-laws ardy... she's actually good tbh

If me I just think she's got low EQ... which is pretty common. So long as she gets things done n is a down to earth person who doesn't lies, I'm fine.

Back