Install CCTV to monitor maid?

I'm not sure if getting a second hand CCTV is a good idea. Over the last few years when we started having CCTV systems for home and office, I learnt from trusted vendors and experience that dvr and cams don't last more than 1-2 years, the better ones 3-5 years, and some sporadic parts may need replacements after 1.5 years or so.

My first one gave minor fan problems after 1year and the vendor replaced it with a better newer version DVr for me for free as we became friends, the cams no prob so far.

For another one, it started beeping after 1.4 years and we changed all the adapters and power wires, so that resolved.

For my office systems, so far so good after two years, but I can't imagine even reselling them to anyone if I dismantle them one day coz you never know if you would be doing the buyer a disservice,

I'd think, proceed with care.

And be sure to get a good trusted vendor.

When we first started looking for quotes a few years ago, we were pretty "on" so called virtually nearly very company then. Was hard for the uninitiated to know who to trust and use, product versus pricing.

Do your research well, and do go for recommendations whom people you know have used for years with little wear and tear problems.

Hi all,
Need help in recommending a freelance CCTV networking technician to do configuration for my existing CCTV DNS.
I can’t login thru the given website on my laptop (prompted website cannot be display) nor able to view thru the application in my iphone (prompted DNS failed).

Thanks....

having CCTV is good for employers, although our dear MOM doesn't encourage, afraid too many evidence documented on their beloved foreigners. Read more: http://maid-employer.webs.com/

CCTVs are the best way to save employers from being questioned and free yourself from any accusations made by FDW.

My only problem is, I installed 4 cameras but I rarely viewed. My internet is having problem so means I haven't been able to track what's happening at home anytime I want for over one year .... no good
nono.gif
, I think I need to spend money on professional for my child's sake. How come days passed so fast and I proscatinated for a year ....
nono.gif
nono.gif

Alan (alantung39)

You found any good contact, I've same problem as you.

Anybody knows why my 3-yr old CCTV-DVR hard disk like to beep so much?

I'm happy with my current Cctv systems company. Hard to please me as a customer if you guys ever read my other postings,, but I am very impressed with them to date. Am using them for office as well as home's three systems.

You can contact them. Louis: 63377292

Can tell them that Nelle_Nelle recommended you and ask them to recommend you good reliable systems.

They have many word of mouth clients. So far, very good.

CCTV system basically nowadays would only last 2 to 3 years which is considered normal as it's running on hard disk and anything which is being accessed everyday for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week are bound to have some issues. There's no way that you can extend the life of CCTV recorder longer than it should unless under the best condition. It would still last only 5 to 6 years. However there are some that lasted for nearly 10. But any technology which is that old would be a little unproductive. In order to make your money worth the buy and you won't scream at the quality. It would be safe to say that quality comes with $$$. The cheaper the items, the chances are it's not expensive to change a new one in the future. So the extra charges you pay, is for the confirmed recording which you will get to see if anything were to happen. The reporting of any failure automatically, someone that manage the box when your not around. In short, peace of mind comes with some green.
For SME to Larger Enterprise CCTV product. You can PM me.

Cctvs now days so important... I never knew my maid was not only stealing money from my children but also bring her maid friends to the house and use my swimming pool. So many maids these days earn so much more than we think just by swindling our money in day light under our noses. rather be safe then let ur kids suffer
You guys paid too much... haha i managed to get mine at only 1025 but thank god i managed to see the drama at home.

Hi,

I have an existing IP camera that it's live feed. I can't have DVR coz needs wiring which will incur another minor renov cost for hiding all those cables.

Now, the cameras are not working after Singtel install their internet moderm. Since then, I can't view my camera from iPad and hp too.

Can someone please help ...

any know idea of cctv buy using pro-link brand ? anyone has the contact, reliable company or person can install ?

I have 2 IP cams at home which provide live feeds when I log into an app on my iphone.
And I installed both right infront of her. So it's already a big hint that we can 'watch' her.

And I don't think its difficult to install the IP cam that you require a professional to do it.
I actually set up the whole system myself with a laptop.

IP cams tap into your current wireless network at home if you have one. Not necessary buy another plan just for it.

Can someone advise me if it is better to get off the rack camera and self installed or ask contractor to install by paying a package fee (1K)
Which is better?

Our 2 IP cam cost 300$ and we set it up ourselves.

Unless u wanna wall mount them, better get a pro.

Ours sitting on top of the fridge in the kitchen and one of the shelves in the living room.

I have signed up with singtel and I am quite happy with the results. My hubby & I can monitor our toddler's movement as well as maid at hm anytime.
The good thing is it captures any activity/movement and sends us alert. So we can view what's going on.
It oso allow us to view live from our hp (iphone & android). So far I m pretty pleased with the features.
I m unsure how much are the private ones but I tjink paying a little n allowing professional to mge is not a bad thing (ie: I dun need to haf master control box or hard drive unless I want to save the recorded items).
Just sharing.

I am currently using cctv to monitor my maid, toddler, confinement nanny and baby.

Very useful to have cctv with sound. Can hear if bb cries and whether cl wakes up to comfort bb or not.

recently installed a cctv camera from bosch which can save into Dropbox. a great feature that you don't have to worry your important recording could be tampered with.

Hi, I am looking to install cctv (not ip cameras) to monitor maid. Any good companies to recommend, esp from mummies who already currently using cctv? How is the night vision for these cameras? Is the after sales support acceptable? Tks

Hi fellow mummies,
I would like to share my traumatic experience with this Carousell seller (Carousell Username: installationcctv). Seller's name is Dylan and his mobile number is 82772920. He sells V380 brand of CCTV cameras.
Not only did Dylan sell defective cameras to me and went MIA during the 1 year warranty period, he is also suspected of invasion of privacy.
Dylan told me not to set any password as many of his customers would forget their passwords and it would be a huge hassle to reset these. I naively trusted him and only discovered he was spying on my husband and I in our master bedroom when the camera lens would move by itself to focus on our bed in the middle of the night.

I have already made a police report today, Report No: E/20170705/2025
This case is currently under investigation and the investigating officer in charge of this case is urging other buyers who have experienced unscrupulous business practice and/or invasion of privacy issues in relation to Dylan to contact him (Song Jian Li: 63918464).
Fellow mummies, pls beware of this seller, Dylan.

Cctv..any recommendations?

Looks like several ones over here needs a CCTV recommendation. I tried those cheap dlink, samsung camera bought from Challenger. Guess what? My maid asked me what is it, and shifted the camera during cleaning. I didn't know, until few weeks later I discover from the recording, the camera was shifted.

So in the end, my wife and I decide to mount the camera on the ceiling, so nobody can accidentally shift the camera. I tried Cheng from EntryCare. https://entrycare.com/cctv-camera/ Pretty professional and patient. He explained to me where i should place the camera to get the maximum view. Initially, i wanted to get 3 cameras (one for kitchen, one living room, one for kids room). In the end, he helps me save money by getting just 2 cameras. Hope this helps anyone here.

Can someone advise me if it is better to get off the rack camera and self installed or ask contractor to install by paying a package fee (1K)
Which is better?

If you know technical IT knowledge and pretty hands on, i suggest you buy from hikvision. Don't get those cheap ones from challenger. Waste money only. If you want the cameras to be mounted and fuss free, get professional help. It is worth it la. This kind of money don't save, you will thank me when something happen and you need to view the recording.

Cctvs now days so important... I never knew my maid was not only stealing money from my children but also bring her maid friends to the house and use my swimming pool. So many maids these days earn so much more than we think just by swindling our money in day light under our noses. rather be safe then let ur kids suffer
You guys paid too much... haha i managed to get mine at only 1025 but thank god i managed to see the drama at

Cctv..any recommendations?
I did some research with quite a good number reviews from google and engage this company surveillance zone Singapore. So far so good for 4 years only once i change the internet unable to view from phone.

Last edited:

Back